PDA

View Full Version : How would "you keep in secret" the Earth address?

Nile
December 23rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
As all we know the Wraith interest for to get the Earth address... I thought how we can keep it in secret?

I thought perhaps to clean it of database and to memorize it. ;)

Melak
December 23rd, 2006, 08:40 AM
change the atlantean database so that it says eartgate address is actually a black hole

stargate maniack
December 23rd, 2006, 08:57 AM
change the atlantean database so that it says eartgate address is actually a black hole

exactly my words

The Prophet
December 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM

You'll have to watch out for Suicidal Wraith then :P :D

wise one
December 23rd, 2006, 09:38 AM
:wraith: where is earth

:sheppard:ok dont suck me and let me go after i tell you

:wraithanime11: ok

:sheppardanime21: here the address, now i will see you later

:wraithanime11: we are exiting hyperspace, get ready to feed,hahahaha.....
wait a minute this is our planet

:sheppardanime23: haha, suckers!

Promethius30
December 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM
:wraith: where is earth

:sheppard:ok dont suck me and let me go after i tell you

:wraithanime11: ok

:sheppardanime21: here the address, now i will see you later

:wraithanime11: we are exiting hyperspace, get ready to feed,hahahaha.....
wait a minute this is our planet

:sheppardanime23: haha, suckers!
:lol:
I like the black hole idear

.jolinar.
December 24th, 2006, 04:06 AM
That would be very cool. We accually did that in SG-1 episode 2001 I think it was when we gave the Evil Humanoid Aliens fale addresses the first one was a black hole and the got worse from that.

ste
December 24th, 2006, 04:15 AM
That would be very cool. We accually did that in SG-1 episode 2001 I think it was when we gave the Evil Humanoid Aliens fale addresses the first one was a black hole and the got worse from that.

yeah they did, but i dont see how it can worse than a black hole, i mean if you dial the black hole your a little on the screwed side

fallen_arbiter
December 24th, 2006, 04:22 AM
yeah they did, but i dont see how it can worse than a black hole, i mean if you dial the black hole your a little on the screwed side

It was the Aschen that got the adresses, in 2001 when teh SGC found out about a plot to eradicate the population using a sterilaization drug they "accidentially" gave them a laptop of addresses which contained dark planets.

Margaret
December 24th, 2006, 04:35 AM

Then you'd have to lock it out of the dialing program so that someone doesn't make a mistake and accidently dial it.

And you'd have to make sure that everyone who operates the Stargate knows about the false address so they don't to try to override.

And how secret would it be after you've done all that? :confused:

FallenAngelII
December 24th, 2006, 04:43 AM
The Wraith wouldn't dial us. They aren't looking for Earth's gate address, they're looking for Earth's location.

They've been up against the Ancients' little nifty shield since they first started fighting the Ancients. They obviously know such shields exists (and they probably assume we have one of them), so they are obviously not going to dial in to Earth.

Besides, you can't send a Hive through a gate. They'd send a Dart or two and have them radio back. They'd realize it was a black hole soon enough. They also probably don't have a ZPM to dial Earth.

If they travelled to the black hole by ship, they'd see it was just a black hole and high tail out of there.

Buba uognarf
December 24th, 2006, 04:55 AM
The Wraith wouldn't dial us. They aren't looking for Earth's gate address, they're looking for Earth's location.

They've been up against the Ancients' little nifty shield since they first started fighting the Ancients. They obviously know such shields exists (and they probably assume we have one of them), so they are obviously not going to dial in to Earth.

Besides, you can't send a Hive through a gate. They'd send a Dart or two and have them radio back. They'd realize it was a black hole soon enough. They also probably don't have a ZPM to dial Earth.

If they travelled to the black hole by ship, they'd see it was just a black hole and high tail out of there.

I agree the Wraith would go by ship, which is the whole reason they've been trying to engineer inta-galactic HD...

but i think they could come up with a powersource able to dial earth without too much trouble...

The best way to keep Earths locaiton a secret is to not allow the Wraith to capture atlantis duh:cool:

Purple Yin
December 24th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Isnt the problem with altering the atlantean database the fact that it's got so many backups in place? Isnt that why they couldnt just delete the database when the wraith came? would the team have to alter all the backup copies or would the main gate-room database interface atuto-update all the backups?

VSHARMA
December 24th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Give them the Nox or Asgard Home World. I'd like to see what they do

Purple Yin
December 24th, 2006, 12:33 PM
the nox wouldnt fight back though, and the asguard are weakened nowadays.

Buba uognarf
December 24th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Give them the Nox or Asgard Home World. I'd like to see what they do

the wraith would destroy them both

FallenAngelII
December 24th, 2006, 01:19 PM
the wraith would destroy them both
The Wraith can't even detect a cloaked Gateship. You think they'll be able to detect flying cities concealing using god knows what (phasing probably, because when Jack shot Apophis, he magically didn't get hit when he got rendered invisible)?

Buba uognarf
December 24th, 2006, 02:04 PM
The Wraith can't even detect a cloaked Gateship. You think they'll be able to detect flying cities concealing using god knows what (phasing probably, because when Jack shot Apophis, he magically didn't get hit when he got rendered invisible)?

The wraith just need to know they're there, they could bomb the entire planet from orbit or the area round about the city...one lucky hit would be all it took to assertain a location. Then bye bye nox, if the Wraith can beat an entire galaxy of ancients they can handle the nox and the Asgard

jenks
December 24th, 2006, 02:10 PM
The wraith just need to know they're there, they could bomb the entire planet from orbit or the area round about the city...one lucky hit would be all it took to assertain a location. Then bye bye nox, if the Wraith can beat an entire galaxy of ancients they can handle the nox and the Asgard

Bomb the entire planet? Right...

Buba uognarf
December 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Bomb the entire planet? Right...

it's not hard when you have a fleet in high orbit just scatter you shots:cool:...and wise guy a good starting point would be near the stargate which is where i assume the nox city is...(the wise guy comment was a joke btw)

FallenAngelII
December 24th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Please re-read the part where I pointed out that the Nox most probably use Phase-Shifting to become invisible. The Wraith, as far as we know, cannot bomb another dimension.

And since when do the Wraith ever use bombs, anyway? Why would they wanna randomly annihialate the Nox? If they ever approached the Nox, it'd be to feed on them (imagine the possibilities as the Nox lives for hundreds of years). Bombing them into oblivion (not that it can be done) is kinda stupid.

Buba uognarf
December 24th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Please re-read the part where I pointed out that the Nox most probably use Phase-Shifting to become invisible. The Wraith, as far as we know, cannot bomb another dimension.

And since when do the Wraith ever use bombs, anyway? Why would they wanna randomly annihialate the Nox? If they ever approached the Nox, it'd be to feed on them (imagine the possibilities as the Nox lives for hundreds of years). Bombing them into oblivion (not that it can be done) is kinda stupid.

whether or not they use phase shifting is speculation and even so the Wraith could render the planet unhabital...

When i say bomb i mean blast with energy canons, i wasn't the one who brought up the subject of the nox i merely replied to it...

The Wraith don't actually take years off your life as you're well aware so the longer living nox may not have any benifet for them atall...

Supreme Commander Sil
December 24th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I have an idea of how to keep the earth address secret, switch to a private number!!!!

Cban
December 25th, 2006, 10:21 AM
use paper