X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think the Alpha site has an iris./

dO YOU THINK IS DOES?

I don't remember seeing one, but the gate in the SGC doesn't always have the iris activated, or closed, haha, but i don't noe...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, The location of the Alpha site is unknown to the goa'uld, since it is probably not from the abydos Cartouche.

In any case, It's possible.
      sigpic

Comment

Of course it does!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quinn
          Of course it does!
          I concur. Look how many time the iris has saved our collective asses. It's only prudent that there would be one at the Alpha site. It's probably also just a matter of time before the Goa'luld discover the whereabouts of the site, anyway. IMO.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Unless the Goa'uld become stupid(er), and somehow miss the base which is practically in the same area, except in a mountain...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

They, the Goa'uld, already know that the Tau'ri base is in a mountain. So It's a good bet that any world they go looking for us would not exclude looking underground. they already know that the Tok'ra have hidden thenselves in the same manner.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I'm thinking that an iris is probably a given. Earth KNOWS how integral that shield has been in its own defense, and wouldn't hesitate to use in on their offworld sites.

Comment

Well if the Alpha gate is dialled using a computer instead of a DHD then yeh the gate will have a Iris but even with a DHD surely the Iris wud still be able to work on the gate.

Comment

They´d have to be pretty damn careless not to have an iris.

Comment

It seems like a clone of the SGC.. so I would assume so. They may not use it as much though.

Comment

I see no reason why it wouldn't have an iris. Standard precaution in my book. We've never seen it or heard it mentioned though.

Comment

Without an iris the sgc would have been taken over during season 1. So it would be the most logical course of action. In my opinion.

Last edited by rmbeast; 10 September 2004, 07:23 AM. Reason: To add a picture

Comment

I assume, but want to know for sure (in an episode) that the alpha site has a DHD. I mean, I assume they'd pick a non-Abydos Cartuche site that had a DHD for their base, right? And we've seen Stargates being moved, but how do you move a DHD? Is it connected by some naquadh wires or perhaps DHD's are "wi fi"??? Though I think I remember their being a physical connection in some episode shown -- anyone know?

Interesting question, to me.

Comment

in THE TORMENT OF TANTALUS has physical connections shown.

Alpha site was made like SGC so it would have an iris.
                              "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                              of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                              Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                              because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                              of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                              another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Working...
                              X