Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people think Weir/Sheppard will become involved?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do so many people think Weir/Sheppard will become involved?

I thought it was obvious it would be Teyla/Sheppard.

I know I thought the original intention was Sheppard and Teyla, but the actors don't seem to have very good chemistry with each other. Where as Weir and Sheppard do have chemistry.

I'm not a shipper usually, but I can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokimasa
      I thought it was obvious it would be Teyla/Sheppard.
      Some people just 'ship', that's all. The writers said somewhere (can't remember which article) that they were going to hold back on anything like that with Atlantis. Which is nice, in my opinion

Comment

I'm hoping against hope (probably) that there won't be any 'ships' on Atlantis.

Edit: prion, if they really mean that, I'll be extremely grateful.
        Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
          I'm hoping against hope (probably) that there won't be any 'ships' on Atlantis.
          As much as I would like that to be true, and I wish it had been true in SG1, I think that's a lost cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            As much as I would like that to be true, and I wish it had been true in SG1, I think that's a lost cause.
            I do see a little chemistry between Shep and Weir - although I'm not sure I'd call it romantic chemistry. I don't see anything between Shep and Teyla. I'm holding out hope that they'll hold off on the ship because of Brad Wright's comments in this Zap2It article posted a couple of months ago on this forum - "As The Stargate Turns":

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1524

In fact, the strong feelings of the 'shippers have had an effect on the development of the "Stargate: SG-1" spin-off, "Stargate: Atlantis," which premieres next week and will, after its two-hour premiere, share Friday nights with its predecessor.

"We're not going to set up obvious chemistry between our core characters on 'Atlantis,' " says executive producer Brad Wright, who works on both shows. "Especially when 'Stargate' was so divided between 'shippers and non-'shippers, and I didn't even know what that meant until long after we were doing it."

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I want NO ship whatsoever. So therefore i see no ship chem.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                I want NO ship whatsoever. So therefore i see no ship chem.
                I hope you never have to take those blinders off, aAnubis.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I just don't see any ships on Atlantis, really. I think the intention for Sheppard/Teyla was to be more like a Jack/Teal'c type friendship. Nothing more. Weir is understanding of Sheppard, and undoubtedly, she has a bit of a soft spot for his opinions, but a ship? No way. The Atlantis actors have good chemistry with each other, but not in the romantic sense at all.

Comment

I see the "chemistry" but I don't see it as ship. I think most of the cast has a lot of chemistry, except I don't really see it with Teyla. I don't know why, maybe it'll show up later on. Hopefully there won't be any ship, but I think if the show runs a long time than there probably will be cause that's just the way it ends up happening most of the time.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

while i don't think there needs to be any romance on the command deck....

you can see that they're letting the actors play it both ways.....sheppard/weir moments.....sheppard/teyla moments....nothing really overt, just letting the actors put some body language into their moments.....

probably to see fan reactions and decide whether it's worthwhile.....

hey sailor.....you're a long way from home.....
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ
                      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                        hey sailor.....you're a long way from home.....
                        Damn right I'd be REAL surprised if NOTHING cropped up after a year or two....

Comment

If there were lots of ships on SG-1, why not Atlantis?
                          I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
                            If there were lots of ships on SG-1, why not Atlantis?
                            Sure, if they were only implied they might be OK, but the ships on SG-1 caused a lot of controversy in the fans and they definitely heard about it.
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

The only ships I want to see in Atlantis would be heavily armed

Comment

Working...
                              X