X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG Laptop Equipment

Hi,

Does anyone here know anything about the cases/ harness that the SG personnel use to carry around their laptops? Especially the setup used by Rodney?

I have to carry my expensive laptop through some pretty cluttered factories, sometimes while working on it, and that strappy thing he uses to hold it while walking around would sure come in handy.

Thanks,

Jeff

i think it would be custom made for the seriers...but i am sure that you can get something similar from PC shops.or specilized latop places....

Comment

Try googling it

Comment

But doesn't Rodney usually use a tablet and not a laptop? What episodes was it in and I'll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
          But doesn't Rodney usually use a tablet and not a laptop? What episodes was it in and I'll take a look
          Yes he does usually have a tablet that is in a kind of protective covering that has velcro on the back which he sticks to the back of his vest

Comment

There also seems to be some way that it is fastened to one arm, so he can use the other hand to manipulate it. More than just balancing it on one arm while working with the other...

It might have been a tablet, but I was pretty sure it was a laptop, so it might have been earlier in the series. Either way, it might work the same.

I'm not sure which episode(s).

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jefferyg View Post
              There also seems to be some way that it is fastened to one arm, so he can use the other hand to manipulate it. More than just balancing it on one arm while working with the other...

It might have been a tablet, but I was pretty sure it was a laptop, so it might have been earlier in the series. Either way, it might work the same.

I'm not sure which episode(s).

Jeff
              When he is out in the field, it has always been a tablet for all eps Ive seen, Im sure. he just holds it with one arm while using it with the other

Comment

I'm pretty sure he used a laptop in the first season or so but now he uses a 'tablet'

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The laptops used in Season 1 were Dell Latitudes which were actually made after the expedition left! Dells are allover the 2 shows, Some Examples:

Carter was using a Dell XPS M1710 in Season 10s 'Counterstrike' and they were a few of them in 'Company of Thieves' in the Oddysey Engineering room.

Rodney and Sheppard used Dell desktops (Probably Dimensions) in Season 3's 'The Game'

O'Neill was using a Latitude in 'Zero Hour'

Weir has a really cool laptop/tablet duo on her desk but I can't identify it.

Also they use alot of lighted USB cables in Atlantis. Very evident in 'The Tao of Rodney' you can buy some like them here:
                  http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...index&cPath=34

Comment

Originally posted by Conor
                    Weir has a really cool laptop/tablet duo on her desk but I can't identify it.
                    Weir was using a Compaq tablet that has since been discontinued.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                    X