PDA

View Full Version : Ori Tech

mizzoueng
December 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM
So I haven't seen a topic on Ori tech yet. Sure there are ones covering specific things like the fighters, but this one is going to cover the whole spectrum.

The Ori are ascended, they have almost all the knowledge in the universe. Barring what the Ancients are blocking from them, which is either the existence of the Milky Way Galaxy - OR - the existence of all other galaxies other than the ORI one.

I theorize that the Ori used their power to gather knowlege from all the Universe to create the perfect weapons/ships/shields/etc.

But that brings something to question, if they gathered the knowledge, then someone had to discover the tech sometime. So there could potentially be a race out there that was the creators of the Ori cannons and know how to protect themselves from them. There could also be another race that developed the energy source the Ori are using, same with the shields, etc.

If this is true, what other technology could they have that we haven't seen yet?

What are some combinations of tech that would produce perfection?

December 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM
it's not really necessary that they saw the tech from another race, but with the knowledge from the universe created themselves. We (present day real life) can fly an airplane because we have knowledge from the universe, ori are more advanced and can create these things with the knowledge from the universe.

WraithWarrior
December 19th, 2006, 09:07 AM
it's not really necessary that they saw the tech from another race, but with the knowledge from the universe created themselves. We (present day real life) can fly an airplane because we have knowledge from the universe, ori are more advanced and can create these things with the knowledge from the universe.

Exactly and they dont have all the knowledge (or nearly all) of the Universe, they just have a better understanding of the Universe and ascention, from what I believe is an ongoing thing as there are many plains of existence, so there will be races that are more powerful and have better knowledge of the Universe than the Ancients or the Ori. Maybe they just cant use their powers or wont as in the case of the Ancients which is why we have never seen them.

Maybe each plain of existence is like a generation of ascended races.

Theres something to think about :D

Cameron Mitchel
December 19th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I don't think the Ori steal tech Ideas from other races, either. I believe they are technologically advanced, and were technologically advanced efore they ascended, but I believe as time progressed, they studied the technology they once built (before ascension) and, as they were now able to hold MUCH more information and knowledge, that they were able to build extremely technological, and powerful, devices. Follow me?

wise one
December 19th, 2006, 11:21 AM
we have seen a few races from other sci-fi shows that show different knowledge of the universe and their underrstanding of it

such as:jedi's
Q(?)
kyrptonians(smallville)jor'el displays and mentions the knowledge of the universe and how they use it in doing stuff

mizzoueng
December 19th, 2006, 02:05 PM
What I am trying to say is that they see almost all the knowledge in the Universe. Sure they had a lot before ascending, but did they possess the level of shield tech then that they have now? What about stargate technology or the ability to create supergates?

They more than likely had an understanding of the beam technology, but once they saw an energy source like Arcturus they were able to fully understand how to use it and incorporate it to their beam technology. They could have also seen that another race developed advanced shield, say the Asgard, and saw the flaws in the tech and corrected them.

If you had the near infinite knowledge of the Universe, would you build a ship like the deady or would you take the best traits of the most powerful ships throughout the universe and combine them?

PG15
December 19th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I would...think of new things by myself.

JanusAncient
December 20th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Pretty much, I think all Ori technology is entirely Ori technology. But, they probably made a few advancements here and there, after they ascended, I doubt that it came from a particular race, just something that they were able to deduce on their own.

Prior_of_the_Ori
December 20th, 2006, 03:21 AM
I would agree that Ori tech is entirely Ori tech and its not inspired by other races. The Ori are an incredibly old race remember and they had plenty of time to develop technology, ascend and then see what was wrong with it and attempt to improve it.

Cameron Mitchel
December 20th, 2006, 05:57 AM
I would agree that Ori tech is entirely Ori tech and its not inspired by other races. The Ori are an incredibly old race remember and they had plenty of time to develop technology, ascend and then see what was wrong with it and attempt to improve it.
True. True.