This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet on Trinity

In the beginning Teyla said its a shame there are no life signs. According to the database the Durandens were a wonderful race of people. Later when they land Rodney says that they were actually ancient? So what does that mean? Different factions amongst the acneits or what?

I guess it's possible that the Durandans moved in after the Ancients left and, like the Atlantis espedition, merely used Ancient tech that was left behind.

I haven't watced it in a while though.

Comment

No, later in the episode is it said that the weapon on the planet is the ancients last great discovery before they died. Just watch the episode. The Ancients were the last inhabitants of that planet. Which is why i'm confused about who the Durandens are. I think its like a kind of ancient like Russians Chinese American.

Comment

perhaps a co-existance? the ancients didnt have to inhabit the planet to build the weapon really just get along with the residents.
        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

i think the plantet was one of the last under the control of he ancients and onece the ancients were gone then the planet was undefended from the wraith
          sigpic
          Sig For Me!

Comment

Maybe the Ancients on that planet were called the Durandans after the planet's name?

Sort of how the Atlantis Expedition is sometimes referred to as Lantians.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

i thought that it was the durandes (sp?) living on the planet and the ancients were just there building the power source

Comment

yeah thats what i thought
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

yeah ok.. out of all the worlds they could've picked they picked an inhabited ally homeworld to create their last best discovery/weapon which may have been the ultimate source of power if they had made it work. sure... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                    yeah ok.. out of all the worlds they could've picked they picked an inhabited ally homeworld to create their last best discovery/weapon which may have been the ultimate source of power if they had made it work. sure... lol
                    Well DUH, The Durandans were being seiged by the Wraith, remember,
                    the Ancients were still just highly evolved tech wise and not assended yet.
                    They went there for the defense of those native inhabitats and built
                    the weapon in the process and unfortunatly destroyed the Wraith and
                    the Planet, well the surface of the Planet, Rodney destroyed the Planet!
                    Anyway, it was a good episode, and I'll bet Ronan will not destroy
                    his freindship with Teyla like he almost did using her the way he did. He
                    could have explained his situation to her and told her how he hated the
                    guy they were to meet. She was shocked and really tick when he shot
                    that dude.

Rodney and Ronan got wake-up calls on this one.
                    George Jr.

Comment

DOH! I guess I should not have read this while watching the episode. LOL! Oh well. Good thing about this show is the eps are fun to watch, even when you know the ending.

Cheers!
                      Em
                      Emerald
                      ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                      I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Working...
                      X