This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real World PS90

Just thought i would share my last project. I just finished it thursday after 7 months of waiting lol. Was worth every day!!

This started life as a standard 16 inch barrel Green PS90.

A Black dye job $50
    Short Barrel Rifle Tax Stamp $200
    Gemtech Flash Hider $100
    Barrel Cut down to 10.3 Inches $100

A day at the range with my new PS90 PRICELESS

Pics below (warning Large Pics)

http://www.annarohn.com/images/ps90sbr/PS90SBR1.jpg

http://www.annarohn.com/images/ps90sbr/PS90SBR2.jpg

http://www.annarohn.com/images/ps90sbr/PS90SBR3.jpg
    "A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject"

you have a PS90 at home??? Good God...isn't that illegal?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
      Originally posted by wikipedia
      A semi-automatic "sporter" version designed for the civilian market. It has a 16.04-inch (407 mm) barrel, an olive drab green plastic body (there will be a limited production run of black PS90s), and a MC-10-80 reflex sight identical to that on the standard P90. The MC-10-80 must be removed and replaced by a special top rail in order to use aftermarket optics.

Odd question to the man with the gun... Seeing as I don't know much about guns, what exactly happens to the gun like this... when the Barrel is sawed down?

Comment

damm belgum is next door
        whay can`t have a ps 90

quote:
        Odd question to the man with the gun... Seeing as I don't know much about guns, what exactly happens to the gun like this... when the Barrel is sawed down?
        quote:

a shorte Barrel meens greater dispursele patroon but a shorter range
        I think
        Last edited by kefke20; 17 December 2006, 05:48 AM.
        sorry cant spell

Comment

Nope it is perfectly legal. They sell the 16 inch barrel versions all the time. As for the Short Barrel Rifle part if you live in a friendy state you only need to file some paperwork and wait a few months O and pay the ATF 200 bucks lol. Now the Full Auto Machine Gun a true P90 i could not own but i have shot one. I know a local Class 3 Dealer that has one and a few local Police SWAT guys.

As for the Barrel being shorter that is the lenght these were first designed so i will have no ill effects. I will loose a little Velsoity on the bullet.

J

Comment

nice man. nice :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by JaceGate View Post
              Nope it is perfectly legal. They sell the 16 inch barrel versions all the time. As for the Short Barrel Rifle part if you live in a friendy state you only need to file some paperwork and wait a few months O and pay the ATF 200 bucks lol. Now the Full Auto Machine Gun a true P90 i could not own but i have shot one. I know a local Class 3 Dealer that has one and a few local Police SWAT guys.

As for the Barrel being shorter that is the lenght these were first designed so i will have no ill effects. I will loose a little Velsoity on the bullet.

J
              i assume you live in us. why else would you have to pay the ATF? what state? in my country you can't legally own a short barrel rifle. it's illegal to saw off a long barrel weapon and about hand guns you need a reason to be able to own it legally.

what's class 3?
              sigpic

Comment

About the legality question, the civilian P90 is a semi-automatic weapon, it's the full automatic version used in the show which would be illegal to own.

I'm confused as to why you'd also need to pay the ATF $200 because you had the barrel removed. It's not like the weapon is any more or less lethal because of it. It is classed as a tax, so it doesn't surprise me. The US government would tax people for anything. Would you need to pay them or at least get the weapon reregistered so it's not confused with the military model?

---

All of that aside, it does look like you pulled it right from the show. I am not sure i'd have done that to such an expensive piece of hardware, i'd be willing to go for a replica.

sigpic

Comment

I went to a FN sponsored shooting competition with a few of my fraternity brothers. I only went to shoot the PS-90 and I ended up shooting dead last out of the entire competition.

But one of the guys that worked at the range, wanted to give the last place shooting a parting gift. I ended up receiving a black PS-90 with the standard 30 round magazine for coming in last place! LOL

I must say that weekend was one of the best moments in my life. I have never won anything before in my life and to win a PS-90 is truely something amazing.

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

i assume you live in us. why else would you have to pay the ATF? what state? in my country you can't legally own a short barrel rifle. it's illegal to saw off a long barrel weapon and about hand guns you need a reason to be able to own it legally.

what's class 3?
                    Yes i live in the Nebraska in the US. Class 3 is a type of Firearm dealer they sells Machine Guns (Full Auto), Suppressors (silencer), Short Barrel Rifles and Short Barrel Shotguns.

All of the above weapons and Suppressors are in a class of their own and require a lot of paperwork and regrestration to own and all require the Tax Stamp. The paperwork is not hard or difficult and at least the ATF is getting faster at processing it.

After the Ban on Machine Guns no new machine guns can be made for sale to the public you can only purchase Machine Guns that were made before the ban. So many of the Machine Guns are very old but because of the limited numbers are wort a lot of $$$ That is why i do not own a Real P90 because they were made after the ban went into effect and the average joe can not own one.

I did not make my PS90 look the way it does because of Stargate. I built mine becasue i wanted a P90 they second i seen one but could not own one. Stargate just made me want one more lol. This is as close as i can get.

I plan to add my Eotech in place of the factory sight as soon as i get a new rail for the top. The factory sight is not so good. I would not say horriable but close lol.

J

Comment

dude, it's awesome. owning a PS90, legally. i wanna move to US LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

dude, it's awesome. owning a PS90, legally. i wanna move to US LOL
                        i do too, im thinking to move to the us with some sort of dual citizenship when i get some money together purely to own guns and stuff

Comment

"As much as i would like to own a P-90 i think that it is great that the Australian government doesn't allow semi-automatics and full automatics or any unlicensed weapons in the country so the gun related crimes are very uncommon"
                          Visit The Pegasus Outpost for all your Stargate Needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneill8693 View Post
                            "As much as i would like to own a P-90 i think that it is great that the Australian government doesn't allow semi-automatics and full automatics or any unlicensed weapons in the country so the gun related crimes are very uncommon"
                            u can only get a semi-auto in Aust if are part of the army i think... even then the personal weapon is severly restricted

Comment

in the nethetlands all type of wapons are illigal
                              only if jou are a member of a hanting club you can have a rifel wiht a liscens and a saff to keep it in
                              sorry cant spell

Comment

Working...
                              X