Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's an author, not a producer. And since fans make hugely wild assumptions all the time without getting called on the carpet for it, what's the big deal this time? Even "professionals" can be fans... or be not-fans. *shrug* I've seen people pass comment on a show they've never seen before and speculate about the show, its producers, and its stars all without knowing one lick of info about any of it.

Or maybe Jim saw some of the previews for SG-1 and figured the producers had to be getting desperate. Or he thought about how HE'D feel after ten years of doing the same dang thing and projected it onto TPTB. *shrug*

I certainly don't think it was a malicious agenda, I think it was just an offhand comment made on an assumption. This time it happened to be wrong, but to be perfectly honest, if I hadn't read stuff from the producers I'd probably have thought the same thing. If Jim has any problem it's that he's giving the producers too much credit, assuming that they'd know when to say "stop."

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      March 27

Anonymous #3 writes: “Over at the Scifi channel forums Jim Butcher, the guy behind The Dresden Files, made the following post:

"It's a common misconception that the production crew of SG1 WANTED to keep on making the show. They didn't. The show's been going for ten freaking years. It doesn't matter how great a crew you have to work with, after that much time you start to develop problems and issues, and people start to want to try new things and get other projects on their resumes. SG1 had one of the better runs of any show on TV, much less within the genre. They're ready to do new things. It's pretty much as simple as that. What, you think SciFi /wanted/ to cancel the longest-running genre program on TV? A proven success, whose personnel and audience were reliable and firmly in place? Not even. TV execs love the shows they can rely upon. It was SG1's time. Life is like that."

Is what he says true? Did you guys want to stop making SG-1? Were you just sick of it? Or is this guy full of ****?”

Answer: Full of **** is a bit harsh. Let’s just say “he couldn’t be more wrong”. We were ready and willing to do another season. We were cancelled.
      I was on a working set once and a couple of crew were talkilng, saying, wow, we've been here four years and they were shocked as they usually would only stay with a show for a year or two and move to a new show to keep fresh and not fall into a rut. Many crew and creative people DO move on even if the show is doing well (Jonathan Glassner, after all, went to CSI). TV shows, like any other business, have turnover. Just a fact of life

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        He's an author, not a producer. And since fans make hugely wild assumptions all the time without getting called on the carpet for it, what's the big deal this time? Even "professionals" can be fans... or be not-fans. *shrug* I've seen people pass comment on a show they've never seen before and speculate about the show, its producers, and its stars all without knowing one lick of info about any of it.

Or maybe Jim saw some of the previews for SG-1 and figured the producers had to be getting desperate. Or he thought about how HE'D feel after ten years of doing the same dang thing and projected it onto TPTB. *shrug*

I certainly don't think it was a malicious agenda, I think it was just an offhand comment made on an assumption. This time it happened to be wrong, but to be perfectly honest, if I hadn't read stuff from the producers I'd probably have thought the same thing. If Jim has any problem it's that he's giving the producers too much credit, assuming that they'd know when to say "stop."
        That's very true. I don't think he was trying to be malicious either. And it wouldn't be the first time that anyone has wrongly assumed something. I'm just surprised at how confidently he said it, like he'd spoken to the producers personally. It makes me wonder where he got his information, that's for sure. Meh.

Comment

Ruffles writes: “Are you any closer to casting someone for Larrin in Travellers?”

Answer: The lovely and talented Jill Wagner, formerly of Blade.
          Excellent...liked her alot in Blade. She knows how to handle a weapon, and already has "sci-fi" experience. Plus... she's amazingly hot!

Ace
          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            Excellent...liked her alot in Blade. She knows how to handle a weapon, and already has "sci-fi" experience. Plus... she's amazingly hot!

Ace
            Haha.

Requirements for Sci-Fi Babes (Males need not apply)

1. Weapon handling experience
            2. Previous sci-fi experience
            3. Is Hot

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Ace
              Yeah, noticed the latter when I did a Google image search on her. Poor woman can't seem to afford much in the way of clothing, cough cough.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Yeah, noticed the latter when I did a Google image search on her. Poor woman can't seem to afford much in the way of clothing, cough cough.
                And her stint on Stargate isn't going to improve her wardrobe, either. In fact, it might make it worse...

Comment

What do you guys got against beautiful people? It's not their fault they're hot and society likes that.

Anyways...

---

March 28

Photos: Food, food, more food, and things related to food.

Main Write Up: A seemingly-disturbing meal experience, typical Canadian airport trip, updates on readings, and an encounter with a "super food".

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “Are we going to have the opportunity to see episodes like the Siege or the hive in season four? You know episodes involving the fight or destruction of Wraith ships.”

Answer: Yup.

Smiley_Face06 writes: “I've got two questions about the Fourth Horseman Pt. 1. Dr. Lee is using "Dark Pariah" to run his tests. 1) Why was a made up band used? 2) Since it was made up, who/what band actually made that song Dr. Lee was listening too?”

Answer: 1) Using a phony band was much more cost-effective than paying for the rights to an established band. 2) I’m not sure the name of the band but the studio has a library of tunes that do a pretty good job of approximating many of musical sub-genres. Check out those cheesy hits of the 80’s in Bounty.

Little Raven-Hawk writes: “Have you ever came across a show tune that Martin Gero doesn't know?”

Answer: I actually sat in his office and quizzed him once and, believe it or not, I ran out of shows before he ran out of tunes.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is the new series called “stargate universe” because it takes place in a new or parallel universe?”

Answer: From what I know, it will take place in this universe.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Do you read the mail fans send to you?”

Answer: I try to.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Do you guys intend to make a joint episode together, in the sense that everyone of the writing staff will write the episode together?”

Answer: No plans to do so.

]b]Kirsten writes: “Okay, random question that returned to mind after watching "Echoes" again. Was there any intention for the whales' impact on humans to parallel the story right now about what the US Navy's sonar is doing to whales, or did that happen by accident?”[/b]

Answer: It was coincidental.

Mel writes: “What is Dr. Keller's first name?”

Answer: Jennifer.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Can you tell us how far into "War and Peace" Shep has gotten?”

Answer: He’s about one third of the way through.

Anonymous #6 writes: “I read in SGA magazine that Jason Mamoa wanted his character to go to the darkside. Can you confirm this?”

Answer: I don’t know as I haven’t read the article in question - but, sure, it sounds like something Jason would say.

Anonymous #7 writes: “ Out of curiousity, do you have a system for chosing which questions to answer?”

Answer: I just scroll through them and pick out a) the ones I haven’t already answered, b) the ones I can usually answer off the top of my head.

Comment

---

March 28

Answer: Jennifer..
                    WOOT!!!!!!!! she's got a name
                    thanks pg
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      WOOT!!!!!!!! she's got a name
                      thanks pg
                      Just edited the SGA episode list page to include her first name.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        Haha.

Requirements for Sci-Fi Babes (Males need not apply)

1. Weapon handling experience
                        2. Previous sci-fi experience
                        3. Is Hot
                        Not just hot... amazingly hot! Angels with harps and mysterious wind blowing back her hair hot!

Ace
                        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Answer: Jennifer.

Yeah, Dr. Keller's got a name. Oh and that's my name too.

Comment

And her stint on Stargate isn't going to improve her wardrobe, either. In fact, it might make it worse...
                            Cough, then she won't be wearing anything! wait, no, SGA ain't on Showtime so that won't happen. Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Cough, then she won't be wearing anything! wait, no, SGA ain't on Showtime so that won't happen. Phew.
                              Maybe the nude scenes will be on the DVD.

Comment

Maybe the nude scenes will be on the DVD.
                                LOL ! Well I like that name, even if it's a cliché.

Comment

Working...
                                X