X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abilities List & Theories

A list for people who want some clarification:
    Characters list:
    Claire: Rapid healing (like wolverine in X men)
    Hiro: Can manipulate time and space
    Peter: Leeches other nearby hero's power, (i also think he has some precognitive abilities)
    Nathan: Fly
    Nikki/ Jessica: Jessica has superstregnth?
    Micah: Technopath?
    D.L: can make his body out of phase
    Matt: Telepathy
    Isaac: Paints the future
    Eden: Power of persuasion
    The Haitian: Mental Distortion? Supress memories?

Not listed:
    Charlie: Excelerated Learning abilities
    Sylar: Increadible ability understand and learn how things work(studying peoples brains) allowed him to gain telekinetic abilities, (Charile's learning skills?)
    Spoiler:
    Eden's persuasion

i still need names for the guy who is radio active, and the boy with the power of intervening in dreams. as the show continues please update this and imput your theories on powers.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Great thread idea... I'll get around to replying as soon as I can mate.

But for now I know the first name of the Radiation man is Ted.

Hope that helps.

Comment

ted sprague i think it was. i forget the indian boy's name.

Comment

Wikipedia also has a good list of characters and their abilities, or possible ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ters_in_Heroes (And a warning, the link contains spoilers up through the latest episode, so you may not want to read it if you have not seen it.)

I still think that Simone's dad was able to see future (or future-like) events in his dreams, which is why Peter also did some times.
        Last edited by theonebluegecko; 17 December 2006, 10:29 AM.
        Weir: He's just a boy!
        Jinto: I am Jinto.
        Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

i had a stray thought come over me when i saw the episode with Niki's dad, for a moment i thought he may also be the father of the petrellis but im probably wrong.

and a question about sylars power, he can understand things and how they work and thats how he takes other peoples powers? if thats the case, if peter can get close to him would he have access to sylars initial power or all the ones hes collected? if its just the original and peter can figure out how sylar can learn how to use other powers, then could it be safe to assume that while sylar is near him peter can learn how to use other peoples power and keep it permanently?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            i had a stray thought come over me when i saw the episode with Niki's dad, for a moment i thought he may also be the father of the petrellis but im probably wrong.

and a question about sylars power, he can understand things and how they work and thats how he takes other peoples powers? if thats the case, if peter can get close to him would he have access to sylars initial power or all the ones hes collected? if its just the original and peter can figure out how sylar can learn how to use other powers, then could it be safe to assume that while sylar is near him peter can learn how to use other peoples power and keep it permanently?
            From what I can think about Peter's powers, it seems as if her can only use someone else's powers if they have used them recently themselves. For example, he only flies after Nathan does and only heals right after Clair did. Now this could just be coincidental because we just usually only see the heroes together when they are using their powers. But assuming it is right, it seems like Peter would be able to use Sylar's acquired powers after Sylar has used them nearby.
            Weir: He's just a boy!
            Jinto: I am Jinto.
            Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

I think there'll be more to Peter, then just what we have seen, I have a feeling that he doesn't just mimic the power of sumone else in close proximaty but actually copies it into himself permanently, so maybe he has the ability to fly when he is not around Nathan!

But We'll see a new character called "Claude" Played by
              Spoiler:
              Christopher Eccleston

Who has the ability to go invisible a who will teach Peter to control his powers! And I think he'll be in the next episode!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I wonder if Peter is limited to taking on other people's powers, or if he can learn to bridge powers between heroes? Use Claire's power to heal someone else, etc.
                Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

That'd be pretty cool. Same if Claire could do the same.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Yeh I'm thinking, Peter is the most interesting character in terms of powers!

We know that he absrobs the power when in close contact with the Hero, but who knows Peter may just be able to permanently absorb he power but just can't control it, maybe thats why they brought in Claude!

But I'd love to see a Hero with Psychokinetic powers! Like me, ahahahahahaha
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post

Actually, I would go one better. I think that since Sylar's ability is to permanently change his DNA to absorb someone else's power, I think that when Peter was near Sylar he may have absorbed his ability and made that same change permanently in his own DNA. I originally posted this in its own thread, but I think it will be fine here.

----------

I was reading the thread *SPOILER*Rest of the season*SPOILER* and came across this beauty.
                      Claude will bump into an emotionally and physically awry Peter whose power is undergoing a strange metamorphosis after rubbing up against mega-baddie Sylar.
                      I thought about that a moment, then suddenly it clicked. Everyone has been debating Peter's power. How it works and wouldn't it be cool if it was permanent and stuff. It's not as of yet but I think it's going to be.

Peter's power currently seems to be able to temporarily "absorb" other people's powers when he is close proximity to them. After some time/distance away it fades.

Syler, on the other hand, seems to be able to understand how other people's powers work. Not sure why, but it seems he has to (or chooses to) take their brain and study it to be able to arrive at this understanding, at which point he can rewrite his DNA to contain the same mutation (thus giving him the same power permanently).

Now think about it. Peter had that close encounter with Sylar. He can naturally absorb other people's powers temporarily. But Sylar's power is to change his DNA to have other people's powers permanently. Do you see where this is headed? When Peter absorbed his power, it would be permanently written to his DNA so he always has it. From there he will likely be able to take anyone else's power in the same way.

So, yeah, really cool. But at the same time it really seems to me to make the powerful way too uber powerful. At somepoint I think they're going to HAVE to find a way to remove him from the show to make room for the other characters.

Comment

i see, very intriguing. if he has the power of sylar than he may still have to look for the other brains to get those powers, unless they carried over with sylars altered DNA. It may be interesting to see peter lurking folllowing sylar and studying the brains he has already finished examining. It would be interesting if their powers fuse and makes peters power permanent. In the end it looks like he may meet ted which causes him to hypothetically blow up..

Comment

I don't know if he necessarily would have absorbed Sylar's stolen powers and be able to make all of those changes quickly enough. Also I think that it may be that since he is already able to absorb and use other people's powers temporarily, whatever allows him to do that will also allow him to permanently absorb other's powers without having to actually study their brains.

Comment

that would make sylar jealous and make peter a target after...

Comment

Apparently Ted seemed to have gained control over his power (which i must say is the coolest so far). and i never realized how useful micha's power is until they showed the ATM machine, that kid can empty it!

Comment

Working...
                              X