This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper Shield?

i'm sry if this has been brought up but i did a quick search and couldn't find anything...um when did we find out that they had shields? i know in Grace Under Pressure Sheppard talks about shielding it to go underwater and such and i thought that was when Zelanka was able to figure out how to get a shield on the PJ....but i've been watching Season 1 of Atlantis and just got done with The Defiant one...and the wrath puts a shield around the puddle jumper...was this our first clue that u could put a shield around the PJ?

yes, DO hinted we could convert the cloaks to shields, the siege pt 3 some what confirmed that by converting the shield into cloak, and grace under pressure solidified that because we successfully converted the shield to a cloak,
    Spoiler:
    in the return part 2 we attacked atlantis using the PJ's shield and later in the episode the jumper's shield took a drone and deflected it off
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

(Return pt.2 Spoiler)
      Spoiler:
      Obvously the Alterans designed their sheilds to deflect drones

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The first time you see shields on the Puddlejumper is in "The Defiant One," when the Wraith activates the shield. Bu the first time the people from Atlantis activated it was in "Grace Under Pressure." And they just switched the controls from cloaking to shields, as they explained the same way they use the jumper to cloak the city.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
          (Return pt.2 Spoiler)
          Spoiler:
          Obvously the Alterans designed their sheilds to deflect drones
          Spoiler:
          Which is kind of scary because that means the Ori Shields will probably hold out when they meet the antartica weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett View Post
            Spoiler:
            Which is kind of scary because that means the Ori Shields will probably hold out when they meet the antartica weapons.
            shhhh that's causing enough controversy between fans as it is , we don't need that can of worms opened in another thread lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
              The first time you see shields on the Puddlejumper is in "The Defiant One," when the Wraith activates the shield. Bu the first time the people from Atlantis activated it was in "Grace Under Pressure." And they just switched the controls from cloaking to shields, as they explained the same way they use the jumper to cloak the city.
              That was a Wraith shield used in 'The Defiant One'.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                I think it was the shield from the jumper, he was inside the jumper configuring it on the controls or whatever you want to call those white wires.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                  to add to Kermit's post we also know that the wraith have know shields or have long forgotten how to repair/activate there own.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Spoiler:
                    actually it doesnt mean that,atleast not at the minute.
                    we know that the drones can vary in explosive power from the episodes its good to be king(sg1 destroyed a hatak) and sateda(sga pushed a wraith out of the way then exploded)

aditionally we can safely assume that since the asurans learned all they did from the lanteans so in doing so they didnt know about using the jumpers cloak as a shield,
                    so with these we can once again assume that the asurans firing upon the jumper only supplied the drones with enough destructive power to destroy an unshielded jumper(so as not to do any collateral damage to surrounding buildings) and in doing so the drones bounced off the shields of the jumper instead of destroying an unshielded jumper as the asurans beliaved they were facing.
                    now if a second drone hit the jumper that would be a different story

but that doent take into account ori shields with potentially 10k years of advancement,unlimited power and knowledge at their hands

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg View Post
                      actually it doesnt mean that,atleast not at the minute.
                      we know that the drones can vary in explosive power from the episodes its good to be king(sg1 destroyed a hatak) and sateda(sga pushed a wraith out of the way then exploded)

aditionally we can safely assume that since the asurans learned all they did from the lanteans so in doing so they didnt know about using the jumpers cloak as a shield,
                      so with these we can once again assume that the asurans firing upon the jumper only supplied the drones with enough destructive power to destroy an unshielded jumper(so as not to do any collateral damage to surrounding buildings) and in doing so the drones bounced off the shields of the jumper instead of destroying an unshielded jumper as the asurans beliaved they were facing.
                      now if a second drone hit the jumper that would be a different story

but that doent take into account ori shields with potentially 10k years of advancement,unlimited power and knowledge at their hands
                      thats just a theory there is no hard evidence, anyway they new they had shields cos hat when the jumper first came in with its shields open in atlantis and while the asurans were blasting them, then laying the bomb.

so they knew theyre shields were operational then, so maybe that drones cant pass through ancient shieiding, but can aleast damage it
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        I think it was the shield from the jumper, he was inside the jumper configuring it on the controls or whatever you want to call those white wires.
                        It was stated( by whom I don't really remember) that those were wraith shields.

Spoiler:
                        I won't say anymore about this, I promise but, we really have no proof that the Ori shields are the same as alteran/lantean shields, or that the lantean shields were created before the split. What we do know is that as long as the priors are powering the ships, their shields are near invincible.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          I won't say anymore about this, I promise but, we really have no proof that the Ori shields are the same as alteran/lantean shields, or that the lantean shields were created before the split. What we do know is that as long as the priors are powering the ships, their shields are near invincible.
                          no, i know, i was saying that based on similarities in other tech, want to see it myself to know for sure.

Comment

Actually, this is all very consistent with results from previous drone battles :

- Back in the day, Tollan ion cannons could shoot right through a hatak shield and kill it with a single shot. This is probably related to their trans-phase tech.

- Then Anubis improved his shields more along Ancient lines and his ships could withstand Tollan bolts (and Asgard shots too), indicating he was shielding out-of-phase (or on different frequencies, or whatever).

- In It's Good to Be King, a System Lord retreating from Ba'al's onslaught (re : has an older model ship) has his hatak penetrated by single drone that effectively destroys his ship.

- But in Lost City, Jack utilises a lot of drones against Anubis, probably cause it takes more to get through his improved (Ancient-style, but not actual Ancient shields).

- Most recently, we see a single drone be deflected by the PJ's Ancient shield tech.

What does this mean for the Ori ships ? Expect it to take a lot of drones to get through their shield. Probably at least as many as Jack threw at Anubis' entire fleet.

Comment

1. The Tollan's ion cannonts DO NOT fire out of phase, the energy bolts were so strong that the weak (relatively speaking) Goa'uld shields couldn't take it, much like the Ori beam weapons.
                              2. Same as above, no out-of-phase shielding, just stronger shielding like Asgard or Ancient shields.
                              3. The single drone DID NOT destroy the entire ship, remember, Carter said that they must have hit a critical spot which caused secondary explosions and such.
                              4. No such thing exsited, Jack probably wanted to be 100% sure the fleet was destroyed so he threw it all (all that was needed) at them to be sure. Also, as was said in an earlier thread called "Drone conservation", that he probably wanted to be sure they were destroyed. I started the thread, however, after rewatching the episode, I remembered that the Prometheus was out of ammo so Jack couldn't just cripple each ship and then have the Prometheus take them out.
                              5. Ancient shields are probably designed to deflect drones, the Ori don't seem to have drones so it's probable that drones can pass through them.

AGT58

Comment

Working...
                              X