This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Theory about the show !

After seeing "Eye of Jupiter" I had developed a loose theory about the direction of the show. I am going off these facts;

1. One of writers said in an interview that the 5 five unseen cylon models are directly related to the temple of the five
    2. In "EOJ" Roselyn was saying that the 13th tribe worshipped the "one they don't speak of" before Adama cut her off
    3. The fact that very little information is given about the 13th tribe in the "ancient texts" and even they're name is a mystery
    4. The planet Kobol was a site of a major disaster resulting in the exodus
    5. The clues and artifacts left by the 13th tribe are very vague and seemed to be for people that know EXACTLY what to look for
    6. The 13th tribe hasn't contacted the other 12 in thousands of years
    7. The Cylons worship a god that is seemingly seperate from the Lords of Kobol
    8. The 5 unseen models have little or no direct connection to 7 seen models and they're very appearance is a mystery to the other 7

Here goes;

The 13th tribe worshipped the "one they don't speak of" and that made them outcasts for whatever reason. This may have led to a huge war between them and the other 12 tribes resulting in the destruction of Kobol. They parted ways going as far away from the other 12 as possible. Since they were still one people they was still a little love between them all and the 12 tribes gave them the location of they're intended destinations but the 13 didn't do the same cause they did not want to be found. Along the way they set up markers leading the way to Earth but the were only decipherable by members of the 13th. When they reached Earth they kept whatever hatred they had for 12 tribes brewing for several centuries. (Look at our own world and see how people can hate each other for thousands of years over religion). They sent an expedition back to the colonies. When they got there who knows; but they were discreet and saw the recent war with the Cylons as a way to exact revenge without a direct confrontation. They instilled the belief of they're god in the cylons and set them loose. The 5 unseen models are copies of the 5 priests from the Temple of the Five. The rest is history.

There are some big holes in my theory
    1. Details of they're journey in the ancients texts
    2. It doesn't explain the view from Earth in the temple of Athena
    3. Exactly how could they influence the Cylons to such a degree
    4. The show's contradicting chronological numbers

This just a loose theory if someone can pick this apart please do cause I hope I'm 100% wrong. I love the show and want the 13th tribe to be this advanced civilization that welcomes them in open arms, refits the galactica and joins them in whooping the Cylons all the way back to they're homeworld and nuking it.
    I hope the show shys away from all the supernatural,spiritual, philisophical *BS* and concentrates on what makes it great; the characters and the space warfare. Thanks

Originally posted by jdreign View Post
    After seeing "Eye of Jupiter" I had developed a loose theory about the direction of the show. I am going off these facts;

1. One of writers said in an interview that the 5 five unseen cylon models are directly related to the temple of the five
    2. In "EOJ" Roselyn was saying that the 13th tribe worshipped the "one they don't speak of" before Adama cut her off
    3. The fact that very little information is given about the 13th tribe in the "ancient texts" and even they're name is a mystery
    4. The planet Kobol was a site of a major disaster resulting in the exodus
    5. The clues and artifacts left by the 13th tribe are very vague and seemed to be for people that know EXACTLY what to look for
    6. The 13th tribe hasn't contacted the other 12 in thousands of years
    7. The Cylons worship a god that is seemingly seperate from the Lords of Kobol
    8. The 5 unseen models have little or no direct connection to 7 seen models and they're very appearance is a mystery to the other 7

Here goes;

The 13th tribe worshipped the "one they don't speak of" and that made them outcasts for whatever reason. This may have led to a huge war between them and the other 12 tribes resulting in the destruction of Kobol. They parted ways going as far away from the other 12 as possible. Since they were still one people they was still a little love between them all and the 12 tribes gave them the location of they're intended destinations but the 13 didn't do the same cause they did not want to be found. Along the way they set up markers leading the way to Earth but the were only decipherable by members of the 13th. When they reached Earth they kept whatever hatred they had for 12 tribes brewing for several centuries. (Look at our own world and see how people can hate each other for thousands of years over religion). They sent an expedition back to the colonies. When they got there who knows; but they were discreet and saw the recent war with the Cylons as a way to exact revenge without a direct confrontation. They instilled the belief of they're god in the cylons and set them loose. The 5 unseen models are copies of the 5 priests from the Temple of the Five. The rest is history.

There are some big holes in my theory
    1. Details of they're journey in the ancients texts
    2. It doesn't explain the view from Earth in the temple of Athena
    3. Exactly how could they influence the Cylons to such a degree
    4. The show's contradicting chronological numbers

This just a loose theory if someone can pick this apart please do cause I hope I'm 100% wrong. I love the show and want the 13th tribe to be this advanced civilization that welcomes them in open arms, refits the galactica and joins them in whooping the Cylons all the way back to they're homeworld and nuking it.
    I hope the show shys away from all the supernatural,spiritual, philisophical *BS* and concentrates on what makes it great; the characters and the space warfare. Thanks
    Not bad... but you forgot something:

In the last two episodes of the first season, it was mentioned that Kobol had some cataclismic event 2000 years ago...

We learned from the recent episode with the nasty virus, that the pod was about three thousand years old, not to mention we just learned that the temple was around 4000 years old...

hmm... I'm thinking the thirteenth tribe left Kobol a long time before the other 12 tribes left.

Comment

well it it true that the 13th tribe left kobal in the early days

however i another question witch could mean another thing

every one sayes or thinks that there are 12 lords of kobal if there are 13 tribes should't there be 13 lords of of kobal

Comment

Originally posted by deathskull View Post
        well it it true that the 13th tribe left kobal in the early days

however i another question witch could mean another thing

every one sayes or thinks that there are 12 lords of kobal if there are 13 tribes should't there be 13 lords of of kobal
        that would make 13th lord of Kobol the one about which they never speak...
        makes some sense.
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I really like your theory. It takes into consideration the very complexity of religions and sects.

Here's an idea... a variant to your theory. (It's not my only one):
          1. The 13th Colony followed a different concept - a singular entity or god. They did not believe in the pantheon, on which the colonials built their society.
          2. The five priests are directly connected to the five models the cylons do not speak of. But a strange twist of fate exists here...

3. The 'development of the sentience of cylons' took place about 100 years ago (New series: Caprica)
          4. The 13th colony sent back emissaries following the establishment of the 'colonies of earth'.
          5. The 13th colony had a simultaneous development of sentient computers. Remember, the cylons did not exist before the 13th's departure (based on current cannon).

Here's my big stretch:
          6. Because of the length of the journey, the 13th colonies sent sentient representatives, essentially their own cylons. These cylons carried with them the new faith of the one god.
          7. The Capica cylons 'absorbed' or became part of the 5 emissaries sent, resulting in the new cylon race.

Essentially - the 13th tribe sent back the mechanism by which the colonies were destroyed. It was not done with malice or evil intent, but with true belief that their faith was the right faith.
          Another interesting thought...

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

I really like your theory. It takes into consideration the very complexity of religions and sects.

Here's an idea... a variant to your theory. (It's not my only one):
            1. The 13th Colony followed a different concept - a singular entity or god. They did not believe in the pantheon, on which the colonials built their society.
            2. The five priests are directly connected to the five models the cylons do not speak of. But a strange twist of fate exists here...

3. The 'development of the sentience of cylons' took place about 100 years ago (New series: Caprica)
            4. The 13th colony sent back emissaries following the establishment of the 'colonies of earth'.
            5. The 13th colony had a simultaneous development of sentient computers. Remember, the cylons did not exist before the 13th's departure (based on current cannon).

Here's my big stretch:
            6. Because of the length of the journey, the 13th colonies sent sentient representatives, essentially their own cylons. These cylons carried with them the new faith of the one god.
            7. The Capica cylons 'absorbed' or became part of the 5 emissaries sent, resulting in the new cylon race.

Essentially - the 13th tribe sent back the mechanism by which the colonies were destroyed. It was not done with malice or evil intent, but with true belief that their faith was the right faith.
            Another interesting thought...

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Working...
            X