Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNA machine (Tao of Rodney spoilers abound)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA machine (Tao of Rodney spoilers abound)

In tao of rodney, we see the DNA manipulator that effectively
    Spoiler:
    turns rodney into an ancient
    . Is it possible we could modify the machine to do the same thing but without the obviously unpleasant side effect of DEATH?
    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
    Check out my Flickr

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
    In tao of rodney, we see the DNA manipulator that effectively
    Spoiler:
    turns rodney into an ancient
    . Is it possible we could modify the machine to do the same thing but without the obviously unpleasant side effect of DEATH?
    The ancients couldn't do it and were pretty desperate to ascend I doubt we could. Just a thought,
    Spoiler:
    When rodney evolved he had the exact same capabilities the ancients had and the smarts aswell
    so does that mean all humans are just primitive ancients?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      The ancients couldn't do it and were pretty desperate to ascend I doubt we could. Just a thought,
      Spoiler:
      When rodney evolved he had the exact same capabilities the ancients had and the smarts aswell
      so does that mean all humans are just primitive ancients?
      they JUST wanted to ascend, they didn't care to stop by the road and sniff the wildflowers with 89% brain capacity

it was a panic button, panic buttons are supposed to go fast

edit: not to mention we could wash rinse repeat rodney through a few more times, have his rear on the pedestal at 90, reset, and keep resetting until they figured out how to lock it at a predetermined safe hold point

Comment

I may have missed something, but didn't they correct the problem by...

Spoiler:
        simply using McKay's original DNA? That'd mean you just need to keep samples of unmodified genes and turn your people into super powerful geniuses with precog, psypowers and TK, and change return them to normal state before **** hits the fan.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I believe this could be a savior to the asgard since they are having trouble with their cloning tech maybe they could just find a missing link in their dna and change it with the machine
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
            I believe this could be a savior to the asgard since they are having trouble with their cloning tech maybe they could just find a missing link in their dna and change it with the machine
            they've lost the link in their DNA forever to solve their cloning problem, that's why they were studying human DNA. The machine genetically evolves you, I don't think it can locate certain DNA links for certain races.

Comment

Rodney was NOT turned into an ancient!!!!! some people here still don't know the story strait. my my my...
              sigpic

Comment

Rodney simply had his evolutionary process unnaturally accelerated.
                While they figured out the way to "reverse" the process, the indication I got from the end of the episode was that it was a crapshoot whether or not the machine would just turn you into "protoplasmic goo" when it initially fired.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                  Rodney was NOT turned into an ancient!!!!! some people here still don't know the story strait. my my my...
                  I probably should've said "essentially" instead of "effectively". He's not an ancient per se, but since Ancients were apparently no more than highly advanced humans, he was turned into an ancient like being and given all the powers the ancients had.
                  Check out my Flickr

Comment

i dont know about them finding the answers to their problems using this machine but the anubis machine could be exactly what they've been looking for .
                    all they need is a human clone that could utalize the vast brain power of the asguard .
                    at first they thought oniell was the key to their problems but he wasn't evolved far enough but was a little more advanced than a regular human .
                    regular humans are using what 5-10% of the brain and jack must be a little higher but still not quite as high as the asguard need .
                    all the asguard need to do is create a clone put it in anubis's evolver and advance the brain to the level they require .(30-60%should do the trick)
                    then upload a asguard mind into it .
                    problem solved the asguard would have human bodies and then start having lots of babies .

Comment

Originally posted by belistner View Post
                      i dont know about them finding the answers to their problems using this machine but the anubis machine could be exactly what they've been looking for .
                      all they need is a human clone that could utalize the vast brain power of the asguard .
                      at first they thought oniell was the key to their problems but he wasn't evolved far enough but was a little more advanced than a regular human .
                      regular humans are using what 5-10% of the brain and jack must be a little higher but still not quite as high as the asguard need .
                      all the asguard need to do is create a clone put it in anubis's evolver and advance the brain to the level they require .(30-60%should do the trick)
                      problem solved the asguard would have human bodies and then start having lots of babies .
                      hmmm me thinks you have found the solution, though the writers will never think of it or want to get rid of the little grey guys .

Comment

(About the Asgard) Remember the season five episode Revelations? they had an Asgard that was thousands of years older than the rest but was dead and perfectly preserved. I think that all they would have to do is take that DNA and put it in the machine then put an asgard in it and presto! you have got the asgard problem all fixed.
                        sigpic

Comment

(About the Asgard) Remember the season five episode Revelations? they had an Asgard that was thousands of years older than the rest but was dead and perfectly preserved. I think that all they would have to do is take that DNA and put it in the machine then put an asgard in it and presto! you have got the asgard problem all fixed.
                          as far as I remember, it still wasn't capable of reproduction was it?
                          Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by belistner View Post

Thinking along those lines wouldn't it just be easier to clone McKay? I know that they took at least one blood sample from him after his DNA was altered. Since Beckett was monitoring him every few hours after they figured out what was happening to him you would think they would have taken more. So if you clone him using a sample when he was evolved at a certain point you probably wouldn't even need to zap him with Anubis's machine. You would just have to use some of the technology they have to grow the clone quickly.

Of course there might be those that would be pretty terrified at the thought of more than one Rodney McKay around.

Comment

wouldnt do the trick. clones brain wont be able to hold the asgard vast knowledge.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X