This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is fantastic!

I wonder what it will be about. I think it would be neat to do a story about one of the alternate SG-1s that came through in "Ripple Effect", either Dr. Fraiser's reality, or the SG-1 that tried to steal the ZPM.

Comment

Still beyond angry that they're getting rid of Beckett, but if they bring him back...

BRING ON THE NEW SHOW!!!

lol
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by pbell6189 View Post
        I don;t know why all you aren't more excited, this is like the best news about stargate since scifi cancelled sg1! I'm sure that the show will be great as long as they do the casting well.
        I think people aren't showing much enthusiasm because there's no real information past it being in a concept phase, which is a far ways away from actual production. If any of the creative people from the current series (SG1 or SGA) are working on that, that's less people working on the show that presently exists, SGA, which is being mucked about with odd casting. Of course, on the plus side, boot M&M over to that, keep 'em away from SGA, and it could work out, but I sorta see retreaded scripts in the future.
        Last edited by prion; 14 December 2006, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Hold on, Carson Beckett is leaving Atlantis right??? WILL HE BE IN NEXT STARGATE SERIES!?!!?!?!??!?!!?
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            Hold on, Carson Beckett is leaving Atlantis right??? WILL HE BE IN NEXT STARGATE SERIES!?!!?!?!??!?!!?
            Well remember the article says it could be as late as 2008 and beckett is going out this season.

Comment

First confirmation since b4 sg1's cancellation.

Good news!

Wonder if it will be what they were going to do b4 they just retooled SG1. Heres to hoping for something wild and new like a ship based show (going thru supergates from galaxy to galaxy with normal gates in the holds for ppl travel) Or something akin to atlantis in another galaxy...

I bet it stays close to formula tho. Stargate Commend Take 2!!!!

Comment

I just hope it doesn't use the same template as SG-1 and Atlantis, i.e. Base leader, team of four going through the gate yada yada yada, I want something original...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  I just hope it doesn't use the same template as SG-1 and Atlantis, i.e. Base leader, team of four going through the gate yada yada yada, I want something original...
                  I think that it should be dark and realistic, more like Battlestar Galactica (killing off main characters and random intervals and having shocking things happen most of the time/continuous storylines also)
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Ok YIPPEE! MORE STARGATE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so mabey I'm alittle excited. I am glad it's official that Stargate Series 3 is officially in the works. I love SG-1 dearly and while I'm sad it's getting it's swan song it is a sweet song. Sg-1 has had a great run and I am excstactily enjoying SGA despite news of a certain cast change it is still my second favorite show SG-1 being the first. I seriously doubt they will kill any SG-1 members in the movies and it would be nice to see them in the third series as guest spots or even one of them as a permanant member but I think a whole new direction and cast is also smart. I will Indeed tune in just as I did with SGA and I hope I will enjoy it as much and don't see a reason why I wont.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I don't like it when shows kill off leads...the only reason I'm still watching Atlantis is cos I got into if during s2, and they're not 'killing off' Beckett...apparently...

If they do I tune out

SG1's greatest strength in it's first five years was that it had the same cast all the way through...it's only been in s9 and 10 that the cast has had a major shakup (with CN, MS and TR being obvious exceptions)
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I want revelations aswell, one thing that was good about SG-1 was the fact that we were always finding big things out, whereas Atlantis seems to be lacking in that regard imo...

Comment

THE BEST NEWS SINCE SG-1 GOT BUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            I think that it should be dark and realistic, more like Battlestar Galactica (killing off main characters and random intervals and having shocking things happen most of the time/continuous storylines also)
                            Why not just watch BSG instead? I wouldn't bother with a Stargate show if they followed the kill 'em off, dark attitude of BSG.

Comment

Yes new seris cool can't wait
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm very excited. I've been waiting for this announcement for a while, and literally was like "YES!" when i read the RSS headline.

As far as things go, i definently thing they should go with the 'stargate announced to the world' show concept, thats one area in particular they've never had the chance to explore (save eps like 2010, etc) and i believe they could come up with a lot of interesting stories - it'd definently be a plot generator like the city in Atlantis and other stargate worlds in both series.

Also,
                                new directors.
                                new writers. (no more plot recycling aka replicators, viruses thx.)
                                more mature (MA15+, 12 at least)
                                couple of recurring SG characters (i.e. what mckay/weir were to Atlantis).
                                and i'll be happy.
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X