Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rising? i know it should be in another place...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising? i know it should be in another place...

Does anyone just love the Rising? like just love watching it and seeing Atlantis take off from Earth and leaving the outpost and then later on seeing Atlantis just come out of the sea. i just find them to be really cool scenes.

and probably the most expensive thing stargate has ever done

rain maker did a great job

Comment

I love watching it. The effects are great... the music is great... everything is great.

I've seen it so much and when I listen to the OST I can close my eyes and actually see it happening.
      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

i love the episode because of the way they introduced the wraith i absolutly love them they are so cool

Comment

It was a good episode. I find that the first or pilot episodes of TV series are often not that good, even if the rest of the series is. I think that Atlantis is one of the shows that really started off strong.
          Weir: He's just a boy!
          Jinto: I am Jinto.
          Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

I don't cared about the Atlantis coming out of the sea scene. It's boring and not special, I like the one where Sheppard shoots 3 spinning drones on a Dart.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds View Post
              and probably the most expensive thing stargate has ever done

rain maker did a great job
              Rising alone had a budget of 5million dollars.
              Yee haw.
              Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
              O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

did they really have that big of a budget?

Comment

Yep.

Remember, they also needed it since they would've had to build all of the everyday standing sets.

Comment

ahhh true true...new show = new sets.

Comment

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
                      ahhh true true...new show = new sets.
                      = a lot of dough.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                        = a lot of dough.
                        Man I wish I had 5 million dollars *dreams of beeing my boss's boss * Also I love that ep.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The city coming out of the water was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Atlantis has wonderful sets and great special effects!

Now they have exterior "shots" of the city, not only in the day time but at different times. Like at sunset, with the water tinged with pink. And a night shot, with the city all lit up with lights in the windows. It's beautiful!
                          Last edited by Margaret; 21 December 2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

i must admit the special effects artists and stunt co-ordinators should be given awards for their work, i love rising, so many good scenes so much to be thankful for, i especially love the wraithkeeper scene it was better than most other scenes, the atmosphere was electric.
                            sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                              The city coming out of the water was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Atlantis has wonderful sets and great special effects!

Now they have exterior "shots" of the city, not only in the day time but at different times. Like at sunset, with the water tinged with pink. And a night shot, with the city all lit up with lights in the windows. It's beautiful!
                              I like the night shots a lot, as well.

'Tis pretty, like thousands of lightbulbs screwed in by Centauri servants.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Working...
                              X