PDA

View Full Version : Rising? i know it should be in another place...

neoncrazy101
December 14th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Does anyone just love the Rising? like just love watching it and seeing Atlantis take off from Earth and leaving the outpost and then later on seeing Atlantis just come out of the sea. i just find them to be really cool scenes.

Capt.Mal Reynolds
December 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM
and probably the most expensive thing stargate has ever done

rain maker did a great job

Spacegirlnz
December 15th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I love watching it. The effects are great... the music is great... everything is great.

I've seen it so much and when I listen to the OST I can close my eyes and actually see it happening.

wraithlord
December 16th, 2006, 12:02 AM
i love the episode because of the way they introduced the wraith i absolutly love them they are so cool

theonebluegecko
December 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM
It was a good episode. I find that the first or pilot episodes of TV series are often not that good, even if the rest of the series is. I think that Atlantis is one of the shows that really started off strong.

Mirel
December 17th, 2006, 05:02 AM
I don't cared about the Atlantis coming out of the sea scene. It's boring and not special, I like the one where Sheppard shoots 3 spinning drones on a Dart.

senordingdong
December 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM
and probably the most expensive thing stargate has ever done

rain maker did a great job

Rising alone had a budget of 5million dollars.
Yee haw.

neoncrazy101
December 17th, 2006, 06:23 PM
did they really have that big of a budget?

PG15
December 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Yep.

Remember, they also needed it since they would've had to build all of the everyday standing sets.

neoncrazy101
December 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
ahhh true true...new show = new sets.

Elles
December 20th, 2006, 10:24 AM
ahhh true true...new show = new sets.
= a lot of dough. :D

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2006, 10:58 PM
= a lot of dough. :D

Man I wish I had 5 million dollars *dreams of beeing my boss's boss:D :p * Also I love that ep.

Margaret
December 21st, 2006, 04:00 AM
The city coming out of the water was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Atlantis has wonderful sets and great special effects!

Now they have exterior "shots" of the city, not only in the day time but at different times. Like at sunset, with the water tinged with pink. And a night shot, with the city all lit up with lights in the windows. It's beautiful!

susanne
December 21st, 2006, 08:31 AM
i must admit the special effects artists and stunt co-ordinators should be given awards for their work, i love rising, so many good scenes so much to be thankful for, i especially love the wraithkeeper scene it was better than most other scenes, the atmosphere was electric.

Elles
December 21st, 2006, 12:49 PM
The city coming out of the water was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Atlantis has wonderful sets and great special effects!

Now they have exterior "shots" of the city, not only in the day time but at different times. Like at sunset, with the water tinged with pink. And a night shot, with the city all lit up with lights in the windows. It's beautiful!
I like the night shots a lot, as well. :)

'Tis pretty, like thousands of lightbulbs screwed in by Centauri servants. :D

Thor236
December 22nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
The coolest shots of Atlantis are the sunsets.

Spacemonkey_Jackson
December 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
I just watched it again for the millionth time today. And it still entertains me. :D

Everybody who worked on Rising did an awesome job. The music, the acting, the visual effects, the special effects (yay for explosions!!), the editing, the writting, the set dec's, wardrobe . . . just everbody did an incredible job.

Margaret
December 24th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I love your sig, Spacemonkey.

That's one shot of the city I've never seen. :D

I wonder if it ever snows on Atlantis?

Essex
December 27th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Is it me or did Daniel go a bit Kirk with his speech in this episode.

.jolinar.
December 27th, 2006, 08:20 AM
What speech? Jackson wasnt in that episode.

The special effects in the rising were awsome.

neoncrazy101
December 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Jackson was in the episode actually...in the beginning up till like 20 min. into the thing.

Elles
December 28th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Ever notice how Stargate Atlantis: Rising is a personification?

Well, it is. Rise indicates that the person if physically lifting themselves up. Raise indicates that something else is lifting it up.

For example:
Atlantis rose from the bottom of the ocean.
Atlantis was raised up by the fail safe mechanism.

neoncrazy101
December 28th, 2006, 10:14 AM
English major? lol but yea i see what you mean...never thought about it like that.

Welsh_Guy
December 29th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah I love those night shots of Atlantis they look awesome plus they had a scene in The Return Part 1 with the sea covered in fog and you could just see the control tower and tops of the piers sticking out of it.

Elles
December 29th, 2006, 07:48 PM
English major? lol but yea i see what you mean...never thought about it like that.
Not exactly. :P

We were talking about the difference between raise and rise in class and I asked the teacher, "Does that mean that when you say 'the sun is rising' you are suggesting that it is a sentient being?"

And then I was looking at an Ad for Stargate Atlantis: Rising, the novel, and I was said, "The first episode of Stargate: Atlantis is a personification!"