This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did sinking the city save them?

i know the show is only up to its 9th ep and there are still alot of things un answered

but does anyone know if they will eventually show how the final battle between the wraith and acients?

and how does sinking the city protect it? surly if the wraith are attacking the city with darts and bombarding it from space with their uber wraith weapons (we are yet to see) just puting it under water wouldn't stop them trying. there must be more to it, is there?

i can't wait for an ep with lots of cgi showing the final battle and how the acients were defeated. maybe in season 2?

Hundreds of feet of water is a pretty good barrier.
    Plus they seem to be hinting that salt water repells/hurts the wraith.

Comment

The wraith are lousy swimmers

The wraith may have thought that the city was destroyed when it went under the waves.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
        i know the show is only up to its 9th ep and there are still alot of things un answered

but does anyone know if they will eventually show how the final battle between the wraith and acients?

and how does sinking the city protect it? surly if the wraith are attacking the city with darts and bombarding it from space with their uber wraith weapons (we are yet to see) just puting it under water wouldn't stop them trying. there must be more to it, is there?

i can't wait for an ep with lots of cgi showing the final battle and how the acients were defeated. maybe in season 2?
        The wraith would have to develop entirely new technology to attack the city underwater. The dart darts appear to attack by some kind of energy pulse weapon. I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't work pass a few feet of water. Since the wraith appear to have stopped developing new technology in favor of hibernation, It doesn't seem like they'd look for it.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, the final battle between the Ancients and the Wraiths just may not have been the same place where Atlantis is right now....

In other words, what I would have done in a final battle is to lure the Wraiths in, do a diversionary explosion to fake out the enemy and then move the city to its current place and bury it (that is, take advantage of the fact that the city is a MOBILE unit).

Comment

Originally posted by gwangung
            Well, the final battle between the Ancients and the Wraiths just may not have been the same place where Atlantis is right now....

In other words, what I would have done in a final battle is to lure the Wraiths in, do a diversionary explosion to fake out the enemy and then move the city to its current place and bury it (that is, take advantage of the fact that the city is a MOBILE unit).
            Two words, Gate Address.

Moving the city to a new PLANET would have changed the gate address.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              Moving the city to a new PLANET would have changed the gate address.
              Maybe the Atlantis gate is special. The address may work regardless of the planet...but the more likely theory is that the address that Daniel found was the one for the last planet Atlantis was on. Makes sense to me.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Dart weapons looked like plasma. And as we all know, water usually lowers the temperature on things 20,000,000 C or higher

Comment

You may not have to wait till season 2! Just look here: (Spoilers, just for those who are dim enough not to have guessed) http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/1x5.shtml
                  Wier: Nice work Rodney!
                  McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
                  Wier: Yes, several times....
                  [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    Maybe the Atlantis gate is special. The address may work regardless of the planet...but the more likely theory is that the address that Daniel found was the one for the last planet Atlantis was on. Makes sense to me.
                    That would make perfect sense since the survivors of Atlantis returned to Earth. It's only natural that they would have recorded the new location and it's address.

Heck, maybe Atlantis is a "city" ship just like that of the Wraiths and traveled around the galaxy before it was sunk.

Comment

Originally posted by waz
                      You may not have to wait till season 2! Just look here: (Spoilers, just for those who are dim enough not to have guessed) http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/1x5.shtml

Nooooooooo!!! *** spoiler space, spoiler space, spoiler space***

Not another "cast member from the future comes back in time to interact with a former self"!!! I hate those plot lines!! so contrived and so... implausible. Please, Stargate, PLEASE refrain from stooping to those tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                        Nooooooooo!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        Why? If properly used, and I'm reasonably certain that Stargate can use it properly, it can be a very neat plotline.
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm going with the theory that the wraith are unable to tolerate water, especially salt water and, like the gouald, they scavenge mucn of thier tech, and submarine tech isn't easy to find.

a few hundred feet of water may as well have been miles
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking that when the wraith went away for a minute to re-arm then they sunk the city and made the Wraith think they'd flew away

Comment

Sneaky move considering they had nowhere else to go
                              Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                              O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Working...
                              X