Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes receives well deserved recognition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes receives well deserved recognition!

In case you've missed all the entertainment news this week, these are the awards and nominations that Heroes (which has only aired for half a season!) has received.
    - American Film Institute Official Selection for Best TV Show in 2006
    - 2007 Golden Globe Award nominations: Heroes is up for Best TV Series - Drama, while Masi receives a nod for Best Supporting Actor!
    -Entertainment Weekly's Best and Worst of 2006 (Closed Poll): Heroes was voted the Best New Show and narrowly won the Heroes v. Lost faceoff.
    - Writers Guild of America nominations for outstanding achievement in television and radio writing for 2006: Heroes is up for Best New Series

What a fantastic Christmas present for the entire cast and crew of Heroes. More details in my LJ post here. YATTA!
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Thats great they deserve it but when it comes nack in January "24" will be back as well, therefore they'll clash!!!

Oh I so hope that NBC do what ABC did with "Lost" and change the timeslot!!
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

See this Access Hollywood video of the Golden Globe TV nomination announcements, with a brief reaction interview by Masi Oka and a shot of the Heroes cast celebrating (with cake) towards the end of the clip.
      http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=50979

Updated for actual reaction interviews of the Heroes nominations:
      Masi: http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=51125
      Cast: http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=51139
      Last edited by lostinspace; 17 December 2006, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I hope 24 and Heroes aren't in the same timeslot for ratings purposes.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I just updated this earlier post with direct links to Masi Oka and the Heroes cast receiving the good news (and a celebratory cake from Access Hollywood) of their Golden Globe nominations. They're all a little sleep-deprived (many were at Milo's Rocky Balboa premiere the night before), but very happy together and delighted at the nods.

Masi: http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=51125
          Cast: http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=51139

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
            In case you've missed all the entertainment news this week, these are the awards and nominations that Heroes (which has only aired for half a season!) has received.
            - American Film Institute Official Selection for Best TV Show in 2006
            - 2007 Golden Globe Award nominations: Heroes is up for Best TV Series - Drama, while Masi receives a nod for Best Supporting Actor!
            -Entertainment Weekly's Best and Worst of 2006 (Closed Poll): Heroes was voted the Best New Show and narrowly won the Heroes v. Lost faceoff.
            - Writers Guild of America nominations for outstanding achievement in television and radio writing for 2006: Heroes is up for Best New Series

What a fantastic Christmas present for the entire cast and crew of Heroes. More details in my LJ post here. YATTA!
            Thanks for the info. I couldn't agree more. This show deserves the nominations and recognition.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It really is a good show and I am very happy for the nomination. Plus the interviews with the cast (about the golden globes) was really cute.
              Weir: He's just a boy!
              Jinto: I am Jinto.
              Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

One more fun accolade for Heroes - the show was listed under People Who Mattered in the last 2006 issue of TIME Magazine (US edition only I think). The original online link is here while NBC has put up a pdf copy at their site here. Check out some of the fun poses (e.g. Simone and Hiro, Jessica/Niki, DL phasing, etc.)

Here's the cast photo shoot (full image scan thanks to lionheart539):

Comment

Working...
                X