Zach is not Gay Anymore :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zach is not Gay Anymore :'(

I thought it was awesome when Zach was supposedly gay in the beginning and that fact was confirmed in Homecoming when Zach helps Claire escape to go to Homecoming.

Now he's Straight.

http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2006/12/heroes.html
    http://www.tv.com/story/7613.html
    http://www.heroestheseries.com/tim-k...zach-straight/
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Ok that's weird, I don't see why it was a problem to have a gay character.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Blame the Haitian. Maybe he does more than erase memories... *cues spooky music*

I don't see why he can't still be gay... or at least bi. But whatever. It's doubtful we'll see much of him again anyway.

Comment

yeah... I think its kinda wack. THe guy who playes Zach(Drakken)::
        Spoiler:
        is leaving the show so why does it matter if he is gay or not... wait is this even a spoiler? lol

I don't get why all of a sudden they changed it. So stupid.
        I read about this on a gay forum. The writer even e-mailed the forum and said that they hope to have a gay character down the line somewhere but have decided against keeping Zach gay. wow.. de-gaying is possible huh? ...well.. the ppl on the forum were PREETTTTY..or reallllly pissed lol. I still love Zach doh =P But yeah, Its all pretty much cuz Drakken DIDNT want Zach to be gay..or so I read.
        Last edited by LadyBozi; 14 December 2006, 12:42 AM.

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Blame the Haitian. Maybe he does more than erase memories... *cues spooky music*

I don't see why he can't still be gay... or at least bi. But whatever. It's doubtful we'll see much of him again anyway.
          Yeah, we probably won't be seeing much of him anymore.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Call me ignorant, but I don't see what the big stink is over. He's a fictional character on a fictional television show. If people aren't questioning a guy who can fly, or an indestructible cheerleader, why would they question a character that they're changing to straight? I mean, from a storyline standpoint I can see why it's a bad move. They've just about established him through on-air dialogue and such that he's gay, or at least bi.

This whole "We're gay and we're pissed!" outcry seems a little over the top. If this is where they're directing their ire, then they need to re-evaluate their priorities. This isn't a blow to the gay cause, just a bit of reactionary suits stepping in to appease advertisers. We see it all the time. This isn't a unique or special situation, just a new reason for the same thing we put up with time and again.
            War... war never changes

Comment

Personally if I were a member of the gay community I would want a gay character that doesn't get shuffled down halfway into the first season. That's like a gay redshirt. Nobody will care about him in the end.
              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
              -Audioslave

Comment

He wasn't a significant character anyway. Nice enough, but not likely to last long whether he was gay, straight or a Harknessian pansexual.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBozi View Post
                  yeah... I think its kinda wack. THe guy who playes Zach(Drakken)::
                  Spoiler:
                  is leaving the show so why does it matter if he is gay or not... wait is this even a spoiler? lol

I don't get why all of a sudden they changed it. So stupid.
                  I read about this on a gay forum. The writer even e-mailed the forum and said that they hope to have a gay character down the line somewhere but have decided against keeping Zach gay. wow.. de-gaying is possible huh? ...well.. the ppl on the forum were PREETTTTY..or reallllly pissed lol. I still love Zach doh =P But yeah, Its all pretty much cuz Drakken DIDNT want Zach to be gay..or so I read.
                  There's nothing confirmed on whether Dekker is leaving the show.

His casting for the Fox series is in a pilot, something that secondary actors on shows do all the time. He may already be on his way out of "Heroes" anyway, because of where the storyline is going, but if the storyline is still there, there's nothing to say that Zach won't be part of the show until at least the end of the first season.

Pilots are ordered all the time, and most never make it to actual production or series pickups. Even high profile ones like "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Don't believe me? Then where is The WB's "Lost in Space" series?
                  Michael Hinman
                  Airlock Alpha
                  @airlockalpha

Comment

Zack's leaving! This is sooooo not fair. I liked his character.

And the producers saying that a character was gay, and then having to go back on that because of some studio panic (according to the article in my local newspaper) is, well.....idiotic. So what if the character is leaving the show? You can have more then one gay character. I just hope they don't bring in the 'token' gay character.

Comment

If I were running Heroes, I'd reveal Peter or some other major character as bisexual near the middle of season 2.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

See, I would not pick Peter to be the bi one, he would be to obvious. Claire's dad though that would be a real shock.
                        Weir: He's just a boy!
                        Jinto: I am Jinto.
                        Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                          See, I would not pick Peter to be the bi one, he would be to obvious. Claire's dad though that would be a real shock.
                          no no no. The Haitian. As bi. That would explain all the unsolved cases of men and women, boys and girls, and teenagers waking up in some random hotel in Texas with a sore ass, claiming to the police that they were date raped.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                          X