Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some New Info On Upcoming Episodes! (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some New Info On Upcoming Episodes! (spoilers)

Well, I did post a lot of new things in my blog yesterday. But apparently it's not enough to get you to talk about anything, or respond to it. So let's try something else.

Here's a brief little look at some of the things that lie ahead these next couple of weeks. Tomorrow we'll be seeing "My Enemy's Enemy", which I consider one of my favorite episodes of this season actually. What I particularly like is how it blends the character drama with the action, and how some unexpected twists take the story in a completely new direction. While Sivea and Sonak will have to come to terms with what's happened between them, suffice to say that the episode will take Sonak's character in a bit of a new direction. Whatever that could mean.

Then things continue with "A Pleasant Little Trip", which is just a fun break from it all, a vacation break one could say. I think it's a pretty funny episode, in which Arina makes her return (look out for her again later this season), and in which we get to meet a bit of an unconventional bad guy. At the same time the episode also marks the first appearance of the Lucian Alliance outfits on Horizon. Those of you listening to the podcasts will know that this season we're including more elements from SG-1 and Atlantis into the show; so there's another example.

After that, "Resurfacing" will finally reveal who these new aliens are that we've been talking about. I will say that most of you already know who they are anyway, even though you'll probably be surprised by how they will come into play. The episode also will deal with Sivea and Bay'lar, Bay'lar's background, and it could turn out to become a key episode when it comes to certain relationships between certain characters.

Following "Resurfacing" there'll be a brief little break, before we return in January with "...Shall We Not Revenge?", the continuation and conclusion of "Resurfacing." This one will be a powerful and intense ride.

"Countdown" is an episode that captures the spirit of Earth episodes on SG-1. It's about David and Tom as well as Zach and Jerry, and a guest character from SG-1 makes an appearance in this episode. For who it is, I recommend you check out my latest blog entry.

Then coming up is the mid-season two parter, currently called "Pursuit" and "Mediation"; the story, however, shall remain top secret for now.

And before I go, let me also reveal to you that we all consider the upcoming episode "Together We Stand" as quite a special piece of work; and it only exists in outline stage so far. According to notes on it, this may very well be the most powerful outline we've ever had. Can't wait to actually get to the script. Big things happen in this one. And it's very hard for me to not talk more about it. But all I can say is that Mike and I worked out this story, and I'm very proud of it, and the topics that it deals with.

Now, you certainly can't say we don't give you anything to talk about. By the way, feel free to also ask questions regarding any of this. You'll definitely get an answer. I might or might not be vague, but an answer you shall get.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Hmmm, that's interesting, I thought that this new enemy (the ###### ) was going to be seen in "My Enemy's Enemy".
    No matter, it certainly sounds like it will be bringing the Vorian/Kih'andari conflict into play, which should be great!

I'm looking forward to Resurfacing and Shall we not revenge, as you've been hinting at stuff for these for months, and they sound very interesting.

BTW, is "Together we Stand" is the episode you hinted at something to do with "2" for?

I'm starting to like Zach alot more now, you've done well with developing his character thus far, and it sounds like more to come.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Wow! OMG OMG, all the tiltles, all the upcoming plots, The titles just pack a major punch after punch. "Shall we not revenge?" Yikes. I look forward to My Enemies enemy, that is a great motion, and it sends the story into what seems like a great direction.
      I also am really looking forward A Pleaseant Little Trip. I am looking forward to all the Bond refrences, and a Chase episode, great going. My only complaint is of the Lucian Alliance, I am not for that, I wil proabably still like the episode, but I am still cautious of including especially that element of SG-1.
      Also looking forward to the rest of the season. Countdown I think the team will go back to Earth to try and rally the people against the enemy, or it could be a predominatley Horizon based episode. Also Resurfacing, sounds interesting and you know that helps give a hint to the enemy. And I got some goosebumps with your description of "Together We Stand". I look forward to reading it, and to experiencing what I have a feeling that if it were real television would be some of the best hours on all of television. Go on Alex! And to the Horizon team, live on and write. I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
        BTW, is "Together we Stand" is the episode you hinted at something to do with "2" for?
        Actually I was just referring to the fact that there'll be two additional episodes this season. Initially we announced that the season would consist of 24 episodes, but it's been changed to 26.

We'll probably be releasing more and more info over the coming weeks with regards to this particular episode, though. I'll be starting to write the script this weekend actually.

I'm starting to like Zach alot more now, you've done well with developing his character thus far, and it sounds like more to come.
        Thanks. And I'll say that this season we'll definitely be developing Zach's character a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          My only complaint is of the Lucian Alliance, I am not for that, I wil proabably still like the episode, but I am still cautious of including especially that element of SG-1.
          I just said we'd be seeing Lucian Alliance outfits; didn't mention who's wearing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
            I just said we'd be seeing Lucian Alliance outfits; didn't mention who's wearing them.
            LOL Alex.

Comment

Oh yes, now that we have a pleaseant ittle trup, lets discuss a new. We now know that something will happen either between Sivea/Bay'lar, or Grant/Bay'lar, maybe even all of those characters. Thee are several possibilities to this. Let us discuss these.

Comment

I'm pretty certain by now that "Resurfacing" and "...Shall We Not Revenge?" will follow an either/or scenario of paths:

Scenario A: The Bentari are after (me Lucky Charms!) Sivea because they want to capture her and utilize her mental powers - let's face it, if she really wanted to be, she could be an invincible war machine.

Scenario B: The Bentari are after Sivea because she knows the location of the Cai'nan colony, and they have mental powers of their own - they want to reunite with their 'lost bretheren', which means that the Bentari are going to be the lost bretheren that result in the destruction of Vorian. Besides, it never said that they were biological 'bretheren', and bretheren is a very vague term, so it's quite possible.

In "...Shall We Not Revenge?", we know that Sivea and Bay'lar are captured, being held prisoner, probably being tortured, and if the Bentari have mental powers, Sivea and Bay'lar's history may be revealed by means of that.
                Spoiler:
                By the end, though, Sivea will be forced to awaken her mental powers in order to escape, which will be an action that will come back to haunt her.

(These are my assumptions.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                  I'm pretty certain by now that "Resurfacing" and "...Shall We Not Revenge?" will follow an either/or scenario of paths:

Scenario A: The Bentari are after (me Lucky Charms!) Sivea because they want to capture her and utilize her mental powers - let's face it, if she really wanted to be, she could be an invincible war machine.

Scenario B: The Bentari are after Sivea because she knows the location of the Cai'nan colony, and they have mental powers of their own - they want to reunite with their 'lost bretheren', which means that the Bentari are going to be the lost bretheren that result in the destruction of Vorian. Besides, it never said that they were biological 'bretheren', and bretheren is a very vague term, so it's quite possible.

In "...Shall We Not Revenge?", we know that Sivea and Bay'lar are captured, being held prisoner, probably being tortured, and if the Bentari have mental powers, Sivea and Bay'lar's history may be revealed by means of that.
                  Spoiler:
                  By the end, though, Sivea will be forced to awaken her mental powers in order to escape, which will be an action that will come back to haunt her.

(These are my assumptions.)
                  Amazing theories, and you know it fits. Besides I've learned to stop doubting your predictions by now.
                  You know several other things could happen, my thought could be that Bay'lar dies to save the universe or Sivea. And I do doubt that Vorian will be destroyed, yet, it could happen, but it won't be untill the end of the current season at the earliest.

Comment

Well, I'm not saying that Vorian will be destroyed immediately. But it may be the season ender, or the following season ender, now that you mention it.

Also, I wouldn't be too confident on these particular theories. While yes, they are plausible, and no doubt quite possible, they are based off of little evidence and are mostly pieced together based off of subtle hints dropped in episodes, likely motivations, the three episode title changes for part 2 ("The Bentari," [yes, I'm positive that it's the Bentari by now] "Detained," and "Shall We Not Revenge?"), and the fact that Alex said 'interesting' with a smilie, if I recall, when I brought the topic up on MSN. When I'm wrong, it's just 'interesting,' without a smilie. In the future though, I can't expect that smilie to be there for me, now that I've mentioned it. Drat.

Comment

Well, I'm not saying that Vorian will be destroyed immediately. But it may be the season ender, or the following season ender, now that you mention it.
                      I agree I think this would make a descent cliff hanger. I mean how do you define "toatally screwed" as Sierra Gulf One put it. Something has to happen to get to that point, and the quote itself is vague. There could be multiple ways that they might be screwed without blowing up planets, ships, the station or anything. I mean for all we know toatally screwed could mean that Sivea joins the enemy becomes a super evil war macine. We can predict, but I'm not sure that we say for any certainty what "toatally screwed" means. This is my take on things, albiet I went on a tangent here.

Merry Christmas to everyone who is on the Horizon staff. It is a gift to read your episodes once a week. Especially since Stargate SG-1 is on hiatus. But these gifts are usually unexpected and are well done episodes. They are a joy to read. Thank you Horizon Staff, and a very merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        Merry Christmas to everyone who is on the Horizon staff.
                        Thanks. And same to you.

Those are some interesting speculations there, quite interesting actually. I might actually post a brief summary for "Resurfacing" later today, kind of like an extended synopsis, which reveals a little more about where the episode will be going. Unless, of course, you'd prefer to read it without any spoilers at all.

Comment

Synopses are always nice.

Comment

Synopses are always nice.
                            Sounds good to me. Right now I'm running out of time, but I'll be putting it up later today. Sometime around this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                              Thanks. And same to you.

Those are some interesting speculations there, quite interesting actually. I might actually post a brief summary for "Resurfacing" later today, kind of like an extended synopsis, which reveals a little more about where the episode will be going. Unless, of course, you'd prefer to read it without any spoilers at all.
                              No spoilers, bad bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X