This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Scifi ad for 2007 programming

Has anyone else seen the new ad for Scifi's 2007 programming? It's been playing during The Lost Room yesterday and today. Well, the reason I'm bringing it up is that the ad mentions every show on Scifi except for either Stargate show. It mentions Eureka, BSG, Who Wants to Be a Superhero, Ghost Hunters, plus the new shows like Painkiller Jane and the Dresden Files. It's quite a long ad.

Maybe there are other shows that aren't mentioned in the ad. It doesn't mention Dr. Who, for instance. But Dr. Who isn't original to Scifi. Stargate and SGA are, so I find it very interesting that neither of them are mentioned. I can understand leaving SG-1 out because it's been cancelled. But SGA?

Am I missing something obvious? I just find it very curious that our shows aren't mentioned in an ad that's all about 2007 programming.

Yes, I saw the ad run several times. I'm not surprised by the Gates exclusion in the ad block. Those series mentioned in the ad are "in-house" productions (I think) and as such Scifi stands to benefit from a geater profit margin. And, several of the series are new and so will be heavily promoted. It seems obvious that there is some sort of powerplay going on between Scifi and MGM regarding the Gates. I think while Scifi gets the ad revenue it doesn't share in distribution profits for the DVD's etc. I was out of the room at the time, but I thought there was a commercial promoting Stargate's (SG1) return in the spring as the "final chapters" of the Series . "The Lost Room" will continue this evening so perhaps more ads will be run.

Comment

BTW--they have the teaser ad for SG-1 Season 10.5 at scifi.com/pulse.

Atlantis is mentioned in that ad. Maybe the reason that the 'Gates didn't get included in the big ad is that they have a seperate ad on their own.

Comment

I saw the promo ad Monday for the first time - there is a clip of SGA in the promo even though there is no mention of the show.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
          BTW--they have the teaser ad for SG-1 Season 10.5 at scifi.com/pulse.

Atlantis is mentioned in that ad. Maybe the reason that the 'Gates didn't get included in the big ad is that they have a seperate ad on their own.
          At least SG-1 got an ad. I'm almost shocked at that. Still, even now, it ticks me off about the cancellation though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Using my Screen Recorder software, I'm going to capture the promo (I've tried a couple of times yesterday without success), then after editing it, I'll upload it to YouTube, MySpace, and Stargate SG-1.com. and post the YouTube link here.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              At least SG-1 got an ad. I'm almost shocked at that. Still, even now, it ticks me off about the cancellation though.
              Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm all a-tingle about more "Who Wants to be a Superhero" more fake Ghost Hunters, and the upcoming indestructible hot chick "Painkiller Jane". . .not.

When SG1 is gone, I'll just be flippin' past SciFi with my remote, and with all the changes announced for SGA (along with the show's "new" bosses), I'm not sure I'll even tune in for that one.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm all a-tingle about more "Who Wants to be a Superhero" more fake Ghost Hunters, and the upcoming indestructible hot chick "Painkiller Jane". . .not.

When SG1 is gone, I'll just be flippin' past SciFi with my remote, and with all the changes announced for SGA (along with the show's "new" bosses), I'm not sure I'll even tune in for that one.
                Actually, I liked "Who Wants to be a Superhero" and thought it was a lot of fun in an original, quirky sort of way. Disagreed with Stan's choice for the winner -- but Stan is still The Man. I probably won't watch the second season -- in general, "reality" series only interest me with their freshness aspect during their premiere first season. Scifi is my favorite genre so I'll probably watch the first episodes of "Painkiller Jane", "The Dresden Files", and whatever else new ends up on the schedule. I enjoyed "The Lost Room" miniseries. The Scifi PTB have still not managed to convince me that wrestling is scifi though even if it does boost their over-all rating.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Odds say Joe [Mallozzi] and Paul [Mullie] (since they're already Executive Producers of both shows) will probably replace Rob [Cooper] and Brad [Wright].

If anyone else replaces them then SGA might go downhill, if Joe and Paul don't replace Rob and Brad, I'll be fine if Martin Gero is the replacement.

But that's just my opinion.
                  sigpic

Comment

After SG-1 is done, I'll only tune into Sci-Fi for SGA and BSG. That is, unless those shows go too far downhill.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've run hot and cold for BSG this year. They need to accomplish something instead of killing off interesting characters for the shock value.

I liked "The Lost Room" until the end, and I can't take another series where TPTB just toss more and more mysteries at the audience without giving any concrete answers.

As for "Painkiller Jane", I saw the first 30 minutes of the SciFi original movie. No thanks.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well having seen some of the episodes from SGA season 3.5 that have aired in Canada, I have to say that you definitely need to watch it because the series really starts to get good. "Irresponsible" was not awful like "Irrisitible" was, in fact, "Irresponsible" was actually quite good. An episode that has definitely stood out though for me was "Tao of Rodney". In my opinion, it is one of the best episodes of the series to date, and those of you who like character development will be well pleased.

But what do you mean the show will have new bosses? Are Brad and Rob stepping down? If so, why, and can you post the URL to the news story you heard that from?

Comment

Actually, some of us (FP included, I believe) have already seen the episodes you're talking about (don't let my location fool you, I don't have that channel).

And I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                            Actually, I liked "Who Wants to be a Superhero" and thought it was a lot of fun in an original, quirky sort of way. Disagreed with Stan's choice for the winner -- but Stan is still The Man.
                            You aren't alone. The show was fun and Stan was great. I think I will watch the next season. It will be interesting to see how the candidates change vs. the first batch. They had no idea what they were getting into, but the second batch will.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitersety View Post
                              But what do you mean the show will have new bosses? Are Brad and Rob stepping down? If so, why, and can you post the URL to the news story you heard that from?
                              They're probably stepping down to concentrate more on writing the 2 SG-1 Direct-to-DVD movies
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X