PDA

View Full Version : RDA not in the movies???

Pages : [1] 2

Gate gal
December 11th, 2006, 09:00 PM
O.K., at Avalon RDA admits that he hasn't been approached about the DVD movies yet. Now, we know that Bridge has already talked to Amanda and Ben. I bet Chris, Michael, and Claudia have signed on, too. Who else thinks it is odd that there are no plans for a Jack in the movies?

Starxgate
December 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM
For the first movie at least there is no need for Jack

Avenger
December 11th, 2006, 09:12 PM
The current main cast is going to be in the movie, regardless of how the script turns out. That much is obvious. For recurring characters, that's going to depend on how the scripts turn out.

angelfire east
December 11th, 2006, 09:25 PM

There always need to Jack:lol: All kidding aside that is true, I really hope he's in the movies. It's the end of SG1 you can't end SG1 without Jack.

Krisz
December 11th, 2006, 09:33 PM

And there's me hoping that I would get to see him in action again. I would be gutted if he wasn't in at least one of them! To me it would be impossible to wrap up the Stargate story completely without him.

SamJackShipLover
December 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
O.K., at Avalon RDA admits that he hasn't been approached about the DVD movies yet. Now, we know that Bridge has already talked to Amanda and Ben. I bet Chris, Michael, and Claudia have signed on, too. Who else thinks it is odd that there are no plans for a Jack in the movies?
I can't believe they consider making movies without him. Only think of the $$$ they would be missing without him, cause he for sure would attract more people to see the movies. He started SG-1 fcol, let him finish it.

ann_sgcfan
December 11th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I agree with several of you! Jack is a big part of why Stargate reached it's milestone! It's wouldn't be the same to see Stargate end without him!! Bring him back for the movies and let Stargate end on a high note!!!

ccdsah
December 11th, 2006, 11:20 PM
I agree with several of you! Jack is a big part of why Stargate reached it's milestone! It's wouldn't be the same to see Stargate end without him!! Bring him back for the movies and let Stargate end on a high note!!!

I agree !!!
The new show didn't make it past the 2 years mark !!! (Remember when Stargate started it got 2 years but by the end of the first year the show got another 2 seasons)

ReganX
December 11th, 2006, 11:27 PM

Absolutely. All of the original team should play a big part in the movies.

samcarterrules
December 12th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah RDA has to be in at least ONE of the movies to tie "classic" SG-1 loose end, ALL the "classic" cast have earned the right to be in the movies especially RDA, AT,MS and CJ. there's so many more actors/characters that should be signed on to but to many to right in this post!

Julia(samcarterrules)

ccdsah
December 12th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Yeah RDA has to be in at least ONE of the movies to tie "classic" SG-1 loose end, ALL the "classic" cast have earned the right to be in the movies especially RDA, AT,MS and CJ. there's so many more actors/characters that should be signed on to but to many to right in this post!

Julia(samcarterrules)

I wouldn't mind seeing :hammond: , :jonas: and http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/ccdsah/janet01.png too.

The Great Lord Baal
December 12th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Has Cliff Simon been approched for the movies

ccdsah
December 12th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Has Cliff Simon been approached for the movies?

Apparently Baa'l dies this season

The Ori
December 12th, 2006, 06:04 AM
If its true tha he's not in the movies then its criminal!

chemicalNova
December 12th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I can't believe they consider making movies without him. Only think of the $$$ they would be missing without him, cause he for sure would attract more people to see the movies. He started SG-1 fcol, let him finish it.

Going to be a bit hard considering the movies are Direct-to-DVD..

chem

prion
December 12th, 2006, 06:08 AM

chem

It could go to TV before DVD. The studio hasn't confirmed it. but as for RDA... unless there's a logical reason for him to be in the movies..... I don't want to see him as a guest shot with lame jokes.

wolverine_nl
December 12th, 2006, 06:11 AM
I'm waiting for my answer untill i read the excisting cast when they are in production....still have a bit of hope :mckay:

Dutch_Razor
December 12th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Jack should be in the old movies!

Watching SG1 reruns of S7/8 reminds me how fun it used to be, at least 5 wisecracks of Jack per episode.

I mean, like "ascenion is overrated", the table tenissing with Teal'c, all the good stuff, that's SG1, not killing real gods although that's fun.

Lida
December 12th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Unless we were fed false information, which I doubt, for the time being, there are NO plans for RDA to be in the first DVD movie. The script has already been roughed out, a shooting schedule tentatively planned, and the current actors are still under contractural obligation to the franchise for another year. RDA had no such contract, nor is he involved with the franchise in a anyway, as he was in the past. Of course, things can always change, especially in the world of "entertainment".

Pharaoh Atem
December 12th, 2006, 07:49 AM
i don't see how he would fit in personally i would rather jack be a recurring characters on SGA

SamJackShipLover
December 12th, 2006, 07:49 AM

chem
Well, buy the movies then. I can understand him not being in the first movie, since that one is supposed to be about the current storylines, but I can not believe they won't let him be in the second movie, if that is the end of Stargate I can't image it being without RDA.

Pharaoh Atem
December 12th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Well, buy the movies then. I can understand him not being in the first movie, since that one is supposed to be about the current storylines, but I can not believe they won't let him be in the second movie, if that is the end of Stargate I can't image it being without RDA.
well the second movie is supposed to be about time travel so it might not go along with the current storyline so there might be able to fit him in

fellip_nectar
December 12th, 2006, 08:11 AM

But don't forget that Baal has a large number of "Get out of death free" cards, what with all those clones of his.

jonno
December 12th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Yeah - as people have mentioned, there is no real need for RDA to be in the first movie - and i'd much prefer that they don't shoe-horn him in for an unsatisfactory cameo, just for the sake of it. This is the end of the current storyline, and RDA has never been involved in this storyline, therefore he doesn't need to be in it. It should be able to carry itself.

You're much more likely to get it in the second, as it apparently involves Time travel. We might even see Hammond, and Fraiser ... maybe even Jonas (heaven forbid).

Shesmetet
December 12th, 2006, 08:43 AM
And there's me hoping that I would get to see him in action again. I would be gutted if he wasn't in at least one of them! To me it would be impossible to wrap up the Stargate story completely without him.

The movies without Jack would be like... I dunno, Christmas without Santa Claus? :lol: Seriously, I have to agree with Krisz, Jack is one of the main charactes fer' cryin' out loud!

saberhagen83
December 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM
If RDA is interested in doing one or both of the movies I really think they should get him involved! He was there to start the show of, and was a big part in what made it so successful, not the only reason but a big part of it. I think he should be in at least one of the movies, as stated before, maybe not the first as it will likely end the current storyline. But if he isn't in the second movie I will be very dissapointed. I'm not looking forward to the movies as it is now, but if he will be in one of them at least, along with the other original SG1 cast...it might cheer me up a bit. ;)

dmovies
December 12th, 2006, 08:58 AM
If RDA isn't in the movies, I sure won't be buying them! Nuff said

Farscapefan
December 12th, 2006, 09:02 AM

Who said the movies are going to be THE END of SG-1? To be completely honest, I'm not a fan of RDA and I'm actually glad that TPTB consider making movies without him. Beau Bridges is bigger name than RDA, at least for me.

Farscapefan
December 12th, 2006, 09:04 AM
The movies without Jack would be like... I dunno, Christmas without Santa Claus? :lol: Seriously, I have to agree with Krisz, Jack is one of the main charactes fer' cryin' out loud!

He USED TO be in seasons 1 - 8. I prefer much more seasons 9 and 10 WITHOUT RDA.

jenks
December 12th, 2006, 09:07 AM
That's awesome.

minigeek
December 12th, 2006, 09:09 AM
He USED TO be in seasons 1 - 8. I prefer much more seasons 9 and 10 WITHOUT RDA.

Well then I guess that makes one of you.

Rick's character was a mainstay on SG-1 for so many years, Jack's sense of humor and his sarcasm was (and is) irreplaceable. It simply wouldn't be right for SG-1 to launch into the movie scene without involving Jack O'Neill in some way shape or form.

The Great Lord Baal
December 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM
But don't forget that Baal has a large number of "Get out of death free" cards, what with all those clones of his.
I hope you are right on that one

ccdsah
December 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah - as people have mentioned, there is no real need for RDA to be in the first movie - and i'd much prefer that they don't shoe-horn him in for an unsatisfactory cameo, just for the sake of it. This is the end of the current storyline, and RDA has never been involved in this storyline, therefore he doesn't need to be in it. It should be able to carry itself.

I don't want to start a flame but with what does Mitchell contribute to the TEAM (At least Jack has the ATA gene if Ori attack Earth someone has to use the Antarctic weapon, and it always bugged me how Mitchell was able to use the sword in Avalon and Camelot - you'd think the Merlin wouldn't want anyone without the ATA gene to use it???)

Who said the movies are going to be THE END of SG-1? To be completely honest, I'm not a fan of RDA and I'm actually glad that TPTB consider making movies without him. Beau Bridges is bigger name than RDA, at least for me.

The Movies are the END of SG-1 that's been said by TPTB, but it's NOT the END of STARGATE !!!
AND Bridges > RDA that's a matter of opinion (and it's not true with regard to Stargate Universe) (in fact your username says it all FARSCAPEFAN - First episode you saw is "Prometheus Unbound" (WAS it because of CB?)??? Have you seen all S1-8???)

FallenAngelII
December 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Unless there's something important for Jack to do in the movies, I'd rather he not be there. We don't want another season 8 on our hands when he's just there for the sake of it.

Why aren't people petitioning to bring Hammond or Janet back for the movies? If Jack needs to be in them, then Hammonds to be, too. And the 2nd one involves time travel (Janet).

Gate gal
December 12th, 2006, 11:23 AM
i don't see how he would fit in personally i would rather jack be a recurring characters on SGA
I think he should be in the movies, but I'd love to seem him as a guest star on SGA, too. He could most certainly do both.

Gate gal
December 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Jack, IMO, is the most important one to get back for the movies, but I would love to see Hammond and Janet, too. Jack is important, not because of RDA (athough that would be a good enough reason), but because it would bring us back full circle to the original movie.

samcarterrules
December 12th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Jack, IMO, is the most important one to get back for the movies, but I would love to see Hammond and Janet, too. Jack is important, not because of RDA (athough that would be a good enough reason), but because it would bring us back full circle to the original movie.
I agree with Gategal, I too would really love to see Janet especally, in the movies(one or both) IMHO only, it was a big mistake killing Janet, it would be a joy to see TR back where she belongs(no disrespect any new cast members love ya!)

As for DSD it all depends on his health I think, but if he can be in it he should be!

grasshopper64
December 12th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I think it would be a real shame if he wasn't in at least one of the movies.
He was in the show for 8 years and it hasn't been the same since he left IMO.

I don't see why he couldn't play a part in both movies, after all he is Head of Homeworld Security or whatever the title is:). At the end of the day it comes down to the writing and it would be up to the writers to give him a decent role.

If it could be less like 200/The Real World and more like The Return Part 2 where he was more involved then I think he would be great.

Also agree with Janet and Hammond, would be nice to see them if poss.

TheUnknown
December 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Has Cliff Simon been approched for the movies

I'm 99.99% sure that Cliff said that he had been approached for doing both movies.

ACharmedAsgard
December 12th, 2006, 02:29 PM
The fact that RDA has been in season 10 so much, I highly doubt he wont be in the movies

Shesmetet
December 12th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Each to their own ;) I love Jack as a character, like RDA, and do agree that I'd like to see more of him than just a guest appearance. But I think BB is excellent too, I miss the "old team" and ike the new one just as much, but he was in SG for eight seasons, yes he should make more than appearance, that's not to say to push BB aside, heck they should all be in it, past characters included (see below to FallenAngel's comment).

Unless there's something important for Jack to do in the movies, I'd rather he not be there. We don't want another season 8 on our hands when he's just there for the sake of it.

Why aren't people petitioning to bring Hammond or Janet back for the movies? If Jack needs to be in them, then Hammonds to be, too. And the 2nd one involves time travel (Janet).
If there's a petition, I'll sign it! I'd love to see AU Janet come back, and Hammond.

knowles2
December 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I do not really care, I will watch the movie no matter who in them.

Now get over RDA, after generally it would not makes sense for him to be in the first movies, as head of our defenses he would probably not be allowed to go, he would be assign to defend earth, and to organize our defenses.

The second again, he one of the most important people sgc and home world defence he have to much to lose or to much information to give away.

Personally keep him out I have not been that impress with his appearances this season anyway. This should be the current team rounding of the series, and possible a new one to take their place.

Leave jack to rest in peace his best days are clearly over.

docker22
December 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I just thought I'd throw my two pennies worth in here. I want to see RDA in at least one movie. I personally miss the dynamic he brought to things. It feels only right that he should be there.

Caldwell's 2IC
December 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
It's just like when Mulder left the "X-files"...he HAD to be in the final chapter or it wouldn't have been THE files at all. Same with Jack O'Neill : he MUST be in the series finale !!!

Maybe a "bring back Jack" campaign of some kind is in order...

Starxgate
December 12th, 2006, 05:02 PM
It could go to TV before DVD

That would take away the whole point of Direct to DVD. These movies are going to DVD first before anything

sg-1fanintn
December 12th, 2006, 05:18 PM

Au contraire. There is ALWAYS a need for Jack. The franchise only started to flounder when RDA left.

Simple Equation for SG-1 Success:

Success=Jack.

sg-1fanintn
December 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Absolutely!

chem

Uh.....if they're direct to DVD, that means we have to buy them, just like we would buy theatre tickets if they were distributed that way. So, to achieve success, the producers need to attract as many fans as possible. And the majority of fans are apparently loyal to RDA. The show slumped when he left, and rose to almost S8 ratings again with his appearance in 200.

Most fans want Jack to be involved...pure and simple.

Starxgate
December 12th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Au contraire. There is ALWAYS a need for Jack. The franchise only started to flounder when RDA left.
[/CENTER][/B]

Jack is not needed for the end of the Ori story line. It will be annoying if hes there to be there. It was great seeing him in The Return Part 2 facing off with the Replicator rip offs because he has fought that type of enemy before with him having the experience & him knowing how to block them probing his mind. He has no business being in the story that completes the Ori story line. That in my opinio should be a something to focus on Daniel & Vala since they are the reason why the Ori is in the Milky Way. But Im all for having him in the 2nd one

ReganX
December 12th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Simple Equation for SG-1 Success:

Success=Jack.

I don't think it's even a case of Jack's presence alone making a success of SG-1.

He, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel all played their part, but I think it was the bond between the four of them and the sense of team and family that, more than anything else, made SG-1 special, which is why I want to see all four of them together again in the movies.

If Hammond and Janet can be there too, I'd be thrilled but I think that Jack - in a substantial role, with plenty of interaction with Sam, Teal'c and Daniel - is essential.

ReganX
December 12th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Uh.....if they're direct to DVD, that means we have to buy them, just like we would buy theatre tickets if they were distributed that way. So, to achieve success, the producers need to attract as many fans as possible. And the majority of fans are apparently loyal to RDA. The show slumped when he left, and rose to almost S8 ratings again with his appearance in 200.

Most fans want Jack to be involved...pure and simple.

And I imagine the DVDs will be more expensive than a cinema ticket would be. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't intend to buy the movies unless I can be pretty certain that they're going to appeal to me.

sg-1fanintn
December 12th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Jack is not needed for the end of the Ori story line. It will be annoying if hes there to be there. It was great seeing him in The Return Part 2 facing off with the Replicator rip offs because he has fought that type of enemy before with him having the experience & him knowing how to block them probing his mind. He has no business being in the story that completes the Ori story line. That in my opinio should be a something to focus on Daniel & Vala since they are the reason why the Ori is in the Milky Way. But Im all for having him in the 2nd one

Well...he's been calling the shots from the Pentagon all this time, so he's certainly up to date on the Ori and the threat they pose. It would be a perfect time for a leader with his proven skills to jump back into the act the way he did in The Return on SGA. I don't want him to appear in any meaningless cameos either. Part of what has bothered me so much in RDA's S9 and S10 appearances is how poorly he has been used by TPTB.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here. We all have our likes and dislikes. But the success of the show while RDA was involved and the success of the show since his departure clearly show that the majority of fans feel the formula works better when Jack is involved. And I agree with ReganX that the interaction between the original four is also important to the success of this new endeavor.

ReganX
December 12th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Well...he's been calling the shots from the Pentagon all this time, so he's certainly up to date on the Ori and the threat they pose. It would be a perfect time for a leader with his proven skills to jump back into the act the way he did in The Return on SGA.

Very true. If there was an attack, then as Head of Homeworld Security, I could see Jack coordinating the defence and pitching in with the fighting if needed.

Pharaoh Atem
December 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Very true. If there was an attack, then as Head of Homeworld Security, I could see Jack coordinating the defence and pitching in with the fighting if needed.

jack on a 304 :D oh hell ya that would be great

jack ...i'm on the enterprise :jack_new_anime18:

majorsal
December 12th, 2006, 06:39 PM
richard dean anderson/jack o'neill. HE was the central character that all the other characters revolved around. but with the graciousness of rda, the wealth was spread around and we got character growth for ALL the characters on the show.

to end stargate sg1 without jack would be blasphemy.

((( :jack: )))

sally :)

Pharaoh Atem
December 12th, 2006, 06:44 PM
richard dean anderson/jack o'neill. HE was the central character that all the other characters revolved around. but with the graciousness of rda, the wealth was spread around and we got character growth for ALL the characters on the show.

to end stargate sg1 without jack would be blasphemy.

((( :jack: )))

:indeed: but how do we know it's the end :)

RepliHawk
December 12th, 2006, 06:50 PM
:indeed: but how do we know it's the end :)

I hope its not the end.

ses110
December 12th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Well said.The Show tanked without RDA.Good luck to the Movies without RDA.The Jack character has more impact in 5 minutes of screentime than Mitchell and Vala have in 2 seasons IMO.

Pharaoh Atem
December 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
after the original star trek show was cancelled back in the 60's do you htink there would have thought there woud have made 10 going on 11 movies and 4 more shows

ses110
December 12th, 2006, 07:08 PM
These first two Movies are very important.If the Movies do not work it could be the end of SG-1 and with many Fans unhappy with the upcoming cast changes on Atlantis,The future of Stargate could be in trouble.Why would TPTB risk soo much when just having RDA in both Movies could really create some excitement? TPTB need to learn from Season 9 and 10 before it's too late.TPTB have to be very careful.They are running out of Shows to destroy.

angelfire east
December 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Jack is not needed for the end of the Ori story line.

True, he isnt' really needed to end the Ori storyline. In fact it's be a annoying if he did come in and save the day. It's almost be a slap in the face to SG1 who have been battling the Ori for 2 years and to fans who have watched their them.

I really want to see Jack again but I also really want SG1 to end this fight themselves. I want Cameron, Sam, Teal'c Daniel and Vala to be the ones who save the day as a term. I don't want Cameron, Vala or Teal'c or anyone else pushed to the side just to make room for Jack in the story becuase IMO it's been set up for the term which sadly doesn't include Jack. As pointed out Daniel and Vala should be fouced on with everythign that has happened. (it's been set up for it for them IMO)

That being said there is no reason why he still couldn't be in the flim as long as they don't have him take over, save the day and push Cam and co to a side while that happens. Jack could be there with Landy as pointed out doing his job (If there was an attack, then as Head of Homeworld Security, I could see Jack coordinating the defence and pitching in with the fighting if needed as ReganX said) way or even with the weapon just in case while SG1 saves the day another way. So yeah I want RDA in the movies but not taking over and pushing Cam and co to the side.

Now the second movie IMO has to have Jack; He can and should it in the storyline. As far as I know the second movie is the last and thus for me has to have Jack. Many others in this thread have pointed out the reason for Jack to be in the movie. On the second movie I'm not comficed at all, I want him there, it's the end, he needs to be there. Fans have the right to say a good bye to him alone with SG1. Yeah mabye he'll do more SGA but it's not the same, and SGA could never give me a good enough SG1 goodbye for Jack for me.

Sorry I'm rambing, I'll shut up now.

ses110
December 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM
This will never happen but I would love to see just Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c in the second Movie with no Vala and Mitchell.One of these Movies should be Jack heavy IMO.RDA was a big reason for SG-1's Success and was the one Actor everyone heard of on SG-1.If RDA has to take a very small role in the first I want the same for Vala and Mitchell in the second.I'm not sure if it's a good thing to have the first Movie focused on Daniel and Vala.IMO this is what got the the Show in trouble in Season 9 and 10.Focus on a couple of the characters with Sam and Teal'c in the backround.If the Movies are going to be more of the same from Season 9 and 10 that could be a problem.When RDA was on the Show Daniel Sam and Teal'c had plenty of screentime.

ReganX
December 12th, 2006, 07:52 PM
This will never happen but I would love to see just Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c in the second Movie with no Vala and Mitchell.

If only!

ses110
December 12th, 2006, 07:58 PM
IMO TPTB should go back to the winning formula of Sam Jack Daniel and Teal'c.Why follow the Season 9 and 10 formula? IMO TPTB Mitchell and Vala had a chance to carry the show in Seasons 9 and 10 without RDA and could not get the job done.Why not go back to what works for the Movie.Mitchell and Vala could still play a part but let RDA take the lead.I know many people who will not buy the DVD's without RDA.If Season 9 and 10 struggled without RDA, why will the Movies work without RDA?

ReganX
December 12th, 2006, 08:43 PM
IMO TPTB should go back to the winning formula of Sam Jack Daniel and Teal'c.Why follow the Season 9 and 10 formula? IMO TPTB Mitchell and Vala had a chance to carry the show in Seasons 9 and 10 without RDA and could not get the job done.Why not go back to what works for the Movie.Mitchell and Vala could still play a part but let RDA take the lead.I know many people who will not buy the DVD's without RDA.If Season 9 and 10 struggled without RDA, why will the Movies work without RDA?

Would it really be workable to have RDA as lead in the movies if Mitchell and Vala are present and on SG-1? It would be possible if Mitchell had transferred back to the F-302 program at or before the start of the movie that he could appear in a supporting role in that capacity while Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel were the focus. Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

Freekzilla
December 12th, 2006, 08:57 PM

Oh really?

Which one? Left or right? LOL! I don't think we'll EVER be 100% sure that the real and original Ba'al dies. Remember, they had a hard time telling the difference between the clones.

ses110
December 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I doubt with the current TPTB it's possible to have RDA as the lead in the Movies.IMO TPTB are not willing to do what it takes to make sure these Movies are a big hit.In the perfect world I would have Mitchell and Vala out of the Movies.If Seasons 9 and 10 were a hit like Seasons 1-8 I would not be able to argue against Vala and Mitchell.I have no problem with CB and BB.My problem is the way the characters have been written.Unless things change I have very little hope for the Movies and I will not buy the Movies unless RDA plays a big part.RDA has wanted to do SG-1 Movies for the longest time and the Show kept being picked up.IMO the Movies should not be turned over to two characters who have been on the Show for 2 Years and 2 not very good years.

Krisz
December 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM
If the second film has time travel, who you gonna call?! Jack, who else? He's the resident expert in time travel. Also I agree that it would be a wonderful opportunity to get to see the others we've missed such as Hammond and Janet. Or if they go forward in time it would be interesting to see what the changed timeline for 2010 turned out to be? I love time travel stories and if RDA is in it well, I'm happy!

I think the films should involve all those that are relevant to the events that are being brought to a conclusion. Like it or not the events of Seasons 9 and 10 have happened and I have great faith in the excellent skills of Stargate's writers and producers to deliver a fantastic ending to this wonderful story we've enjoyed for ten years.

angelfire east
December 12th, 2006, 10:20 PM
But ses110 and ReganX what about those of us who love Cameron and Vala and Jack.:( Why can't we have them all together, all of SG1 new and old term members who don't step on each other's roles or storylines. I'd really hate it if Cameron was pushed out of the way for Jack or vice - ver -usa(sp). I'd really be upset if Cam was transferred back to the F-302 program or somethign like that. It's be slap int he face to the character, all that he did for the past 2 years and his fans.

ccdsah
December 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM
This will never happen but I would love to see just Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c in the second Movie with no Vala and Mitchell.One of these Movies should be Jack heavy IMO.RDA was a big reason for SG-1's Success and was the one Actor everyone heard of on SG-1.If RDA has to take a very small role in the first I want the same for Vala and Mitchell in the second.I'm not sure if it's a good thing to have the first Movie focused on Daniel and Vala.IMO this is what got the the Show in trouble in Season 9 and 10.Focus on a couple of the characters with Sam and Teal'c in the backround.If the Movies are going to be more of the same from Season 9 and 10 that could be a problem.When RDA was on the Show Daniel Sam and Teal'c had plenty of screentime.

Ok I think everyone here underestimates the role of RDA not as much as an actor on the show but also as an EP (Gekko). I think as an EP he didn't let the other PTB (BW RCC) get ahead of themselves ...
Personally I don't think we'll see RDA in more than a cameo in either movies (they're so low-budget - I've seen music videos that cost more and I don't think TPTB want someone who doesn't comply with their "holy" view)

Gate gal
December 13th, 2006, 09:00 AM
You are so right about RDA as an EP! I know we don't have a chance at that for the movies, but we still need him there!

Personally, I want RDA in both movies, but I agree he should have a bigger part in the second one than the first since it is about the Ori. In the first, I'd love to see the Head of Homeworld Security come to the base to help Landry coordinate the attack. We could have the current SG-1 team as the heroes saving the galaxy, but Jack and Landry could mount a successful defence of the SGC during the battle. Think Hammond on the Prometheus in Lost City 2. At the end, I want the whole team plus Jack, Landry, and Walter together in a scene.

Now, movie two needs to have Jack as a major player, but I agree it doesn't need to take away from Cam and Vala. TPTB can make this work by seperating them into smaller groups for scenes like they have the past few seasons. Vaniel would still get its time. Cam would still get some hero time. Sam, Teal'c, and Jack could get their time as well. Landry is head of the SGC so he'll be there. In time travel, we could possibly prevent the horrible death of Janet and see Hammond again. This is doable. The writers can make us all relatively happy if they are just willing to try (without trying to make us happy with silly cheap jokes that disrespect all the characters).

The Great Lord Baal
December 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I'm 99.99% sure that Cliff said that he had been approached for doing both movies.

Happy days

prion
December 13th, 2006, 09:19 AM
That would take away the whole point of Direct to DVD. These movies are going to DVD first before anything

I'm waiting until I see a press release from MGm that states that specifically... the last quote from the producers was either/or.

angelfire east
December 13th, 2006, 10:50 AM
You are so right about RDA as an EP! I know we don't have a chance at that for the movies, but we still need him there!

Personally, I want RDA in both movies, but I agree he should have a bigger part in the second one than the first since it is about the Ori. In the first, I'd love to see the Head of Homeworld Security come to the base to help Landry coordinate the attack. We could have the current SG-1 team as the heroes saving the galaxy, but Jack and Landry could mount a successful defence of the SGC during the battle. Think Hammond on the Prometheus in Lost City 2. At the end, I want the whole team plus Jack, Landry, and Walter together in a scene.

Now, movie two needs to have Jack as a major player, but I agree it doesn't need to take away from Cam and Vala. TPTB can make this work by seperating them into smaller groups for scenes like they have the past few seasons. Vaniel would still get its time. Cam would still get some hero time. Sam, Teal'c, and Jack could get their time as well. Landry is head of the SGC so he'll be there.

That would be fantastic:):jack: :daniel: :tealc: :sam: :vala: :cameron:

In time travel, we could possibly prevent the horrible death of Janet and see Hammond again. This is doable. The writers can make us all relatively happy if they are just willing to try (without trying to make us happy with silly cheap jokes that disrespect all the characters).

Unforionaly that never happen, since Sam freaks out about doing anything to chance the time line.
spoiler for season 9: Of course Janet did live and things turned out okay (mostly the same in fact) as shown Rippal Effact
I'd be so happy if we did get to see Janet again and I think like Jack, Hammond is a must have or the second movie.

I still like season's 8 ending as a end for the show. If they top that and give the fans small things that we've wait years for *cough* samjacktogether *cough* with some great term stuff with fair screen time I'd be more the happy

ses110
December 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
How does Cliff get asked to be in the Movies before RDA? No offense to Cliff but the Jack character has been much more imsportant than Baal.Only the current TPTB would put more importance on a guest character than the Jack character.

ses110
December 13th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I would not worry Anglefire.Mitchell and Vala will get major screentime for both Movies.RDA will get very little if he is even in the Movies.RDA wanted to tie up some loose ends on SG-1 this year and TPTB sent RDA to do more Atlantis episodes than SG-1.TPTB are afraid the Jack character will make the Mitchell and Vala character look bad so I doubt TPTB will have the Jack character overshadow Mitchell and Vala.

prion
December 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I almost assume that RDA will be in the movies, if ONLY so they can plaster across the front of the DVD box (or in ads if the movie does hit tv first), Starring RDA! Of course, they won't tell you he's only 45 seconds in it ;)

prion
December 13th, 2006, 03:23 PM
How does Cliff get asked to be in the Movies before RDA? No offense to Cliff but the Jack character has been much more imsportant than Baal.Only the current TPTB would put more importance on a guest character than the Jack character.

To my knowledge, Cliff has not yet been asked but hopes to be asked. At least that's what he said at the NJ con. Does anybody have transcripts from the Burbank con??

PG15
December 13th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Ba'al is more important to the overall storyarc.

jenks
December 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I don't think Jack needs to be in the movies at all, Pegasus Project was one of my favourite episodes of all time and had no Jack in it... I aren't even sure RDA is up to it to be honest...

techjunkie
December 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ba'al is more important to the overall story arc.

RDA will have his day, and will ultimately be in 1 or more of the movies.

The big question should really be - will the movie generate the kind of return to justify doing them. 'Cause in the end, it's not about the characters, plot lines, or special effects, it's whether MGM can make the direct to DVD (and pay tv) jump with it's franchise as an alternative to the big screen.

I hope they are successful. It's a business. If this first one works, and does tie-up the Ori storyline as promised, I think these movies will be a nice 'oompf' periodically which may allow Atlantis and the franchise be around a while longer... (Hoping of course the quality on Atlantis's episodes is more consistent that this year. Hit. Miss. Hit. Miss - you get the idea.)

Tech Junkie

Gate gal
December 13th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Pegasus Project was a great episode, but these movies are basically the end (unless something really major happens) of SG1. I love the Atlantis crew (and am extremely angry at TPTB on their behalf too), but I think the SG1 movies should be about SG1 members past and present. That includes Jack.

ses110
December 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM
It's going to be very interesting to see if the Movies work.I wonder if MGM will be watching Bridge closely or will let Bridge do there own thing for the Movies? There will be a lot of pressure for the first Movie to be a hit.It's one thing to turn on the TV to watch an episode.It's a whole other ballgame when your talking about DVD Movies and pay tv.I'm curious about how the rest of Season 10 will be received .This long delay may really hurt.It's important for Season 10 to finish strong going into the Movies.I think a big reason for having RDA in both Movies is the positive buzz and and creditibily RDA will lend to the Movies.TPTB can use all the positive karma they can get right now.TPTB should be trying to reach out to as many Fans as possible.The Jack character has a large Fanbase and upsetting them will not be good for the Movies.Season 9 and 10 should have driven that point home about upsetting the long time Fans.The Movies will not work if it's just Mitchell Vala Daniel with Baal and Adrianna with very little Sam Teal'c and Jack.

STC
December 13th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Well said.The Show tanked without RDA.Good luck to the Movies without RDA.The Jack character has more impact in 5 minutes of screentime than Mitchell and Vala have in 2 seasons IMO.

Truer words have not been spoken! My interest nose-dived as Season 9 wore on and on.......No Jack = no interest for me. And from what the ratings indicate ie for episode '200', more fans than just me miss him!!

Course, I have to say I wasn't impressed with the way RDA is letting his acting ability slide. I want the old 'Jack' back, you know Season 3-6, not the actor who 'phoned' in that performance. And since I'm a J/S shipper, I want the relationship brought out into the light of day and acknowledged!!!!

Without him I would have to say my interest in buying the DVD's is severely muted. Jack and RDA are essential parts of SG-1, and if others have decided this is the end of SG-1, Jack HAS to be there.

STC
December 13th, 2006, 09:27 PM

YES YES YES! ARE YOU LISTENING TPTB???

Amaunet
December 13th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I'll be terribly disappointed if he's not in the movies...i mean he's been with the show for so many years, if it was me and i had been there for that long and had made the show what it was today....i would do the movies or one of them anyway....
I just can't see the end of SG1 without him being there...

Amaunet
December 13th, 2006, 09:50 PM
And since I'm a J/S shipper, I want the relationship brought out into the light of day and acknowledged!!!!

Yes!!! They can't hint at a relationship between the two for years and then just forget about it!

Without him I would have to say my interest in buying the DVD's is severely muted. Jack and RDA are essential parts of SG-1, and if others have decided this is the end of SG-1, Jack HAS to be there.

I would still buy the dvd's....but for Jack not to be in the movie/s, I just couldn't imagine myself enjoying them as much

ccdsah
December 13th, 2006, 10:23 PM
RDA will have his day, and will ultimately be in 1 or more of the movies.

The big question should really be - will the movie generate the kind of return to justify doing them. 'Cause in the end, it's not about the characters, plot lines, or special effects, it's whether MGM can make the direct to DVD (and pay tv) jump with it's franchise as an alternative to the big screen.

I hope they are successful. It's a business. If this first one works, and does tie-up the Ori storyline as promised, I think these movies will be a nice 'oompf' periodically which may allow Atlantis and the franchise be around a while longer... (Hoping of course the quality on Atlantis's episodes is more consistent that this year. Hit. Miss. Hit. Miss - you get the idea.)

Tech Junkie

Of courses the Movies will be more proffitable than a season. Let's put 10 bucks a movie, I'm sure they'll sell at least 1 million worldwide so that makes 20 millions while they're low-budget (about 6 million)

jenks
December 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Of courses the Movies will be more proffitable than a season. Let's put 10 bucks a movie, I'm sure they'll sell at least 1 million worldwide so that makes 20 millions while they're low-budget (about 6 million)

1 million copies? Ha ha I doubt it. They may be 10 bucks a movie but that doesn't mean MGM will make 10 bucks profit on each unit sold :rolleyes:

maggl
December 14th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Where is the saveRDA page?

ACharmedAsgard
December 14th, 2006, 08:52 AM
ermmmmmmmmmmm :S

Lida
December 14th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Here's an idea, a silly one, but an idea nonetheless. Let's not use this thread to slam anyone. It is simply a question of will RDA be in the upcoming movies. At this time, no to the first movie and who knows for the second, if there is a second. Personal feelings about RDA don't belong on this thread, so why don't we try and stick to the topic at hand.

I know many of you will disagree, after all, it's a Forum, but I just think a thread should be kept on topic, and there are many other places to voice your personal opinions about ALL the actors, writers, etc. Just an idea.

ccdsah
December 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Where is the saveRDA page?
Petition to see Richard Dean Anderson in the upcoming Stargate SG-1 Movies (http://www.petitiononline.com/RDASGMOV/petition.html)

prion
December 14th, 2006, 09:55 AM

Cliff's own website, which looks pretty up to date, doesn't say anything about SG1, although addresses the SGA rumors. So, for now, it seems the casting is up in the air.

Gate gal
December 14th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cliff's own website, which looks pretty up to date, doesn't say anything about SG1, although addresses the SGA rumors. So, for now, it seems the casting is up in the air.
I hope casting is still up in the air, since RDA hadn't been asked to do the movies by Avalon last month. People who want him in the movies need to speak up now. The petition is a good thing and there is a petition at Stargate Intel, too. I think you have to register first, but I'm not sure. Here is the home page.

stargate-intel.net
Also, email MGM and let them know what you think. If you want RDA there, tell them. If you are concerned about them handling all the characters correctly then tell them that too. I'm going to tell them I want RDA in the movies, but I want all the characters to have their time. I know this is possible if TPTB will just give it a shot.

mgm.com/help.do

ReganX
December 14th, 2006, 05:40 PM
1 million copies? Ha ha I doubt it. They may be 10 bucks a movie but that doesn't mean MGM will make 10 bucks profit on each unit sold :rolleyes:

Up to half of the cost of the DVDs could end up going to VAT and the store's cut. Distribution and manufacturing will also eat into their profits, plus they actually have to pay to make the DVD movies. At $10 a DVD, they'd want to sell a lot more than a million just to break even.

AutumnDream
December 15th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Guys. SG-1 ended at "Threads". RDA is too cool for this post Season 8 stuff

PG15
December 15th, 2006, 12:11 AM
^Whatever happened to Moebius? ;)

Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel
December 15th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I will be seriously confused and disappointed if Jack/RDA isn't in the second movie, at least.

ccdsah
December 15th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Here's a proof that RDA might not be in the movies
MGM Stargate calendar 2007 (http://www.mgmstore.com/cat/Stargate/Calendars/Stargate-SG-1-2007-Calendar.html)

"This Stargate SG-1 2007 Calendar features images of your favorite heroes from the hit series. This 15 month calendar is a must have for fans and collectors!"
2 Daniels
2 Cams
2 Sams
3 Teal'cs ?
1 Vala
1 new team
1 D/V
1 Landry
1 Hammond
1 Darak !!!

NO JACK ???? WTF I'm not Buying !!!

Amaunet
December 15th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Here's a proof that RDA might not be in the movies
MGM Stargate calendar 2007 (http://www.mgmstore.com/cat/Stargate/Calendars/Stargate-SG-1-2007-Calendar.html)

"This Stargate SG-1 2007 Calendar features images of your favorite heroes from the hit series. This 15 month calendar is a must have for fans and collectors!"
2 Daniels
2 Cams
2 Sams
3 Teal'cs ?
1 Vala
1 new team
1 D/V
1 Landry
1 Hammond
1 Darak !!!

NO JACK ???? WTF I'm not Buying !!!

Thats dodgy no jack? how can they make a stargate calendar and not include jack!!
I don't know what i'd do if jack wasn't in the movies:(

ccdsah
December 15th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Thats dodgy no jack? how can they make a stargate calendar and not include jack!!
I don't know what i'd do if jack wasn't in the movies:(

I know what I'll do : I'm not buying !!!
Ok quick qs: I wasn't on-line when RDA said he'd leave the show but considering how he's treated and the fact that him and TPTB have a "Scandinavian relationship" (his words at Avalon) nowadays one has to wonder if he left the show willingly or he was forced out ???
(Or maybe TPTB got fed up with his reducing schedule in S6, S7 & S8 ?)

Briangate78
December 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Doesn't mean anything, he should be in them.

Gate gal
December 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I know what I'll do : I'm not buying !!!
Ok quick qs: I wasn't on-line when RDA said he'd leave the show but considering how he's treated and the fact that him and TPTB have a "Scandinavian relationship" (his words at Avalon) nowadays one has to wonder if he left the show willingly or he was forced out ???
(Or maybe TPTB got fed up with his reducing schedule in S6, S7 & S8 ?)
I've been wondering the same thing. It doesn't make much sense to me. I won't be buying the calender and I wonder if the movies will be worth the purchase price.

Daniel Jackson
December 15th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Jack is no longer part of the main cast, he's a recurring character who has thus far stopped by for two cameos and a comedy. He's no longer a major part of SG-1. I don't want to see him in the movies, simply because he's the man, so he should be there! If the story calls for O'Neill's return, excellent! If not, just give him a cameo.

I am sure O'Neill will be in both movies, but I am betting a cameo or supporting role. If he's not in either at all, I would be quite surprised. If he hasn't been approached yet, that's probably because they don't have a script yet.

I think we should see or not see the movies based on the story, not wether O'Neill will be in them. SG-1 went on without O'Neill, the movies can too if necessary.

ReganX
December 16th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Doesn't mean anything, he should be in them.

He should, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that he will.

Briangate78
December 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM
He should, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that he will.

Sadly, you are correct. I think they won't be as good if there is O'neill. How can you have a Stargate SG-1 movie with no O'neill. That is like a Star Trek movie without Kirk or Picard! :confused:

jenks
December 16th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I really aren't that bothered either way, but if Jack is just going to have a second rate role like he did in '200' then I'd rather he wasn't in it at all.

PG15
December 16th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Sadly, you are correct. I think they won't be as good if there is O'neill. How can you have a Stargate SG-1 movie with no O'neill. That is like a Star Trek movie without Kirk or Picard! :confused:

That's a great example for the other side actually. There were no doubt people going "how can you have a Star Trek movie without Kirk?" before First Contact came out, and look at it now. ;)

full.infinity
December 16th, 2006, 07:15 PM
The first movie doesn't need Jack.

Jack would be nice for the second movie though.

Krisz
December 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM

Indeed!

Valid point too PG15 about Star Trek after First Contact. However, I hope O'Neill doesn't suffer the same fate as Kirk in 'Generations' !!

akren
December 16th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Personally, IMHO, I would like to see both :jack: AND :jonas: in the DVD movie that wraps up the Orii story-line (:jack: especially, he's been apart of the team for so long & has been intergrial to the SGC/SG-1; both as a character & in terms of the shows continued success). I also wanna see :jack: & :sam: get together - PROPERLY / FOR REAL this time! :P - by the end of SG-1; it has been hinted @ in so many parallel universes & in the show's cannon that for them not to get together would be insane! :mckay: I also wouldn't mind seeing :daniel: & :vala: lock lips. *lol*

All I am gonna say is that if the 2nd movie does deal with time-travel & is used to launch the 3rd spin-off series; it had better NOT be involving the origins of the Ancients/Orii - I don't want STARGATE as a franchise going the way STARTREK did with Enterprise :mckay: - besides, sopme things should be left a mystery/up one's imagination. . .

SylvreWolfe
December 16th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Why would RDA be in the movies? O'Neill is no longer a part of the SGC.

ReganX
December 16th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Why would RDA be in the movies? O'Neill is no longer a part of the SGC.

He is in command of Homeworld Security, which oversees the SGC and he has the Ancient gene if it is needed.

skeezix
December 16th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Talk of ending the series w/o Jack is idiotic. Soooo many fans would be pissed. If those people who have stopped watching the show heard about the finale, they wouldn't watch it if Jack wasn't in it. I have no problem with the new guys, in fact I like them a lot, but Jack is part of what makes Stargate Stargate. There is no denying that. The show was built upon character development with a light hearted "make fun of the alien first, then shoot it" attitude. Those wanting to ignore it and only consider the past two seasons possessing some sort of modern validity or relevance are not real SG fans. The previous analogy of a Star Trek finale without Kirk or Picard is true, but here is one for all the Farscape fans that may hit them a little better. Its like a Farscape finale without John Crichton. Would it be entertaining? Probably. Would it be a real finale? Maybe. Would it be lacking? Undoubtedly.

Personally I'm excited for the time travel premise. It gives us an opportunity to see some characters we haven't seen in awhile. An easy setup for the movie would be for Mitchell or Vala to get killed doing some sort of very important task that is absolutely necessary. Team is assembled to go back and fix it. Jack finds out his team is going back in time without him and joins up. After all, he is always saying how he can do anything he wants as a general, well pretty much anything. Then you get all the cast in there, old and new.

-------
Bit off topic but my fun crazy idea for such a movie's ending, assuming Mitchell will be one of the flagship characters on the new series, would be to have our old SG-1 lost in time forever, sort of like an eXiles thing for those who read comics. Meaning they are alive and time hopping all over the place. But at the very end of the credits, or at the start of the third series, now back in our "real" and "fixed" time, unauthorized gate activation, girl in her 20s pops out of the gate, Jack and Sam's daughter, meets Mitchell at the ramp. He realizes what happened, conversation as they walk into the briefing room.

CM: So what can you tell me about yourself?
?: Well, I like explosives.
CM: *laughs*That sounds about right.

Off the wall? Yea a bit. I thought this up before they had announced a third series so killing our favorites might not be such a good idea anymore. But it leaves with SG-1 sacrificing themselves saving the world one last time, yet still alive and kicking...somewhere. I did it this way because no one wants SG-1 to die, that is unthinkable. But we also don't want to them to just stop being SG-1. This brings their story to a close and leaves them free to adventure outside of time for all time. Leaves it open for books, comics, etc.
-------

Feel free to make fun of my idea. :)

Hatusu
December 16th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I want RDA to be in at least one of the movies and I want him to have a large pivotal role. Frankly, I have no interest in the new characters, much as I liked the actors on "Farscape". I'd buy the DVDs with RDA in them, not without him.

Don Davis told the Chicago convention that he'd be glad to come back for the movies, if he was asked.

ses110
December 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Excellent post.Simply put The Jack character started in the first Stargate Movie and should be in the last Movies.Having Jack in the Movies is what is best for the francise IMO.Having Jack in the Movies does not mean all other characters are pushed to the side.There should be plenty to do for all the characters.I can see Jack having a smaller role in the first than a big role in the second.I can understand Mitchell Vala Daniel Teal'c and Sam getting most of the time in the first.These Movies are a chance for TPTB to reach out to Fans of all the characters and to wrap up SG-1 in a positive way.If the Movies do well it could mean good things for Atlantis and a third series and maybe more SG-1 Movies.

keshou
December 16th, 2006, 09:01 PM
You know I was actually stunned to find out that RDA hadn't been contacted about being in the movies. It just never entered my mind that they wouldn't want him to be a part of them. :confused:

I can understand they might have budget issues and I assume RDA doesn't work for free but have they run the numbers? His presence might well add enough to the profit margin on DVD sales to make it worthwhile.

Even if it's just one of the movies. The time travel one sounds like it might be the best fit.

:) :)

ses110
December 16th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Good point.I think having RDA involved could mean a lot more Money for TPTB.Whether your a Fan of RDA and the Jack character or not one thing is obvious.The Jack character is a proven draw on SG-1.I do not remember one word or article about ratings problems when RDA was on the Show.It's bad business not having RDA in the Movies.

Gate gal
December 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Stunned was my reaction as well! It just doesn't fit. Also, on the Kirk/Picard point. They were separate shows like SG-1 and SGA. ST needed Kirk, ST:TNG needed Picard. If either had done the final movie of their series without the leading man who belonged there then it would have been wrong. The closest SG comparison would be John on SGA. Could you imagine the SGA finale not having John? It would be wrong. So how can they even consider leaving Jack out? I get that the current cast will get the juicier parts, but Jack can still have a heroic part in the final movies.

grasshopper64
December 17th, 2006, 07:40 AM
You know I was actually stunned to find out that RDA hadn't been contacted about being in the movies. It just never entered my mind that they wouldn't want him to be a part of them. :confused:

I can understand they might have budget issues and I assume RDA doesn't work for free but have they run the numbers? His presence might well add enough to the profit margin on DVD sales to make it worthwhile.

Even if it's just one of the movies. The time travel one sounds like it might be the best fit.

I was suprised too, from what I've heard it seems that all the other cast members have been talked to about it, if only "informally". It would be different if TPTB came out and said they were planning on talking to him at a later date but they've been quiet on this so far.....
I wouldn't blame RDA if he turned round and said he wanted nothing to do with it but it would be a real shame for him not to play any part in these movies having been such a important part of the show in S1-8.
Of course we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about.

Yes I wonder if money could play a part but you know (and I'm not criticising anyone here) they found the money for CB, BB & BB plus Lexa Doig's appearances in S9 & 10 when they could have used less well known actors and look where that got the show.

Does anyone think it strange that it's come out now about a 3rd series being planned, where as it would appear that they haven't actually got anyone officially signed up for the movies yet? Or maybe they have and are keeping it quiet somehow.

I'm going now before I start getting into conspiracy theories;)

Briangate78
December 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM

Stunned was my reaction as well! It just doesn't fit. Also, on the Kirk/Picard point. They were separate shows like SG-1 and SGA. ST needed Kirk, ST:TNG needed Picard. If either had done the final movie of their series without the leading man who belonged there then it would have been wrong. The closest SG comparison would be John on SGA. Could you imagine the SGA finale not having John? It would be wrong. So how can they even consider leaving Jack out? I get that the current cast will get the juicier parts, but Jack can still have a heroic part in the final movies.

I am stunned also. However isn't it not too late. They have not even started the production yet. Brad wright i believe just pulled out of the SG-1 petition to start working on these movies. Well i feel it won't be as good if there is no O'neill. O'neill was one of the major player for Stargate SG-1.

Gate gal
December 17th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Well, my inner conspiracy theorist is out in full force. Something isn't right about this situation. If they still haven't asked him then they aren't planning to do it. I sincerely hope they aren't planning to spend more time on their new series in the second movie than they spend wrapping up SG1. I don't care for them using it to set up a little groundwork, but the movie should be a nice goodbye to the ten year old series. RDA was in the first 8 years. He needs to be there for the goodbye. I am very concerned about the direction these movies seem to be taking, and I really don't want SG1 to go out without a BIG BANG. In my book, RDA is needed for that BANG!

Hubble
December 17th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Well, my inner conspiracy theorist is out in full force. Something isn't right about this situation. If they still haven't asked him then they aren't planning to do it. I sincerely hope they aren't planning to spend more time on their new series in the second movie than they spend wrapping up SG1. I don't care for them using it to set up a little groundwork, but the movie should be a nice goodbye to the ten year old series. RDA was in the first 8 years. He needs to be there for the goodbye. I am very concerned about the direction these movies seem to be taking, and I really don't want SG1 to go out without a BIG BANG. In my book, RDA is needed for that BANG!

I don't think they have any intention of asking RDA to be in the movies. It's my feeling that they will use these movies (mainly the second one) to set up their spin off 3rd incarnation of Stargate. Jack is the past and they want to focus on the future. If the 3rd series is, indeed to star MS and CB, it's those two in the forefront – Daniel and Vala, Vala and Daniel, Vaniel. Out of sight, out of mind with Jack, I think, is their philosophy.

I think it's a bad move for many reasons, one of which is that they would sell more DVDs if Jack was in the movies. I certainly would be more inclined to buy them if they had Jack in them (as well as Hammond, Thor and Janet).

Cam Mitchell
December 18th, 2006, 04:00 AM
i don't want him in the movies he is SG-1 season 1-8 .....he doesn't fit to well with the new cast IMO

ccdsah
December 18th, 2006, 06:34 AM
i don't want him in the movies he is SG-1 season 1-8 .....he doesn't fit to well with the new cast IMO

The new cast doesn't fit well with itself IMHO !!! TPTB made the mistake in S9-S10 in casting actors based on their names rather than their chemistry !!!

trupi
December 18th, 2006, 07:01 AM
The new cast doesn't fit well with itself IMHO !!! TPTB made the mistake in S9-S10 in casting actors based on their names rather than their chemistry !!!
TPTB are still pissed that RDA left the show and they think it can still work without him. Guess what guys, your show was cancelled and without RDA in the movies, DVD sales aren't going to be good. I know I'm one fan not buying them in any shape or form without RDA. Sorry just MO:(

Nightspore
December 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM
TPTB are still pissed that RDA left the show and they think it can still work without him. Guess what guys, your show was cancelled and without RDA in the movies, DVD sales aren't going to be good. I know I'm one fan not buying them in any shape or form without RDA. Sorry just MO:(

My thoughts as well. I have no interest in buying them without Jack (and I think the Ori are totally lame as well)

I've heard quite a few people say they won't bother to buy the DVDs without Jack, but haven't heard any say they would refuse to buy them if Jack were involved. The math doesn't seem to be that difficult to comprehend.

It will be interesting to see how the sales go. Do you have any numbers on the sales of DVDs for S99 of the show?

vala101
December 18th, 2006, 11:04 AM
im with you all on this....you cannot have stargate sg1 movies without the main man....RDA! he is stargate he made the program what it is today! and also the sam jack relationship definatly needs finishing up...whatever direction it goes in you cant have a story line for the first 8 years of a show and then not have a conclusion to it!

besides RDA brought so many fans to the show he was there at the beginning and should be there at the end! they should listen to what the fans are saying

these dvds are for the fans....the fans want RDA, if hes not in it do they really think that as many fans will be buying the films compared to if RDA was in it.

the fans want RDA, the Show needs RDA. and RDA brings the fans and the money

its a win win siuation!

:):jack:

Farscapefan
December 18th, 2006, 11:12 AM

Agree completely. I don't want him the movies either.

Farscapefan
December 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM
im with you all on this....you cannot have stargate sg1 movies without the main man....RDA! he is stargate he made the program what it is today! and also the sam jack relationship definatly needs finishing up...whatever direction it goes in you cant have a story line for the first 8 years of a show and then not have a conclusion to it!

besides RDA brought so many fans to the show he was there at the beginning and should be there at the end! they should listen to what the fans are saying

these dvds are for the fans....the fans want RDA, if hes not in it do they really think that as many fans will be buying the films compared to if RDA was in it.

the fans want RDA, the Show needs RDA. and RDA brings the fans and the money

its a win win siuation!

:):jack:

The new incarnation of SG-1 DOESN'T NEED RDA. I'm the fan of the current direction of the show and I'm happy RDA is NOT in it.

Nightspore
December 18th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Agree completely. I don't want him the movies either.

However, if Jack were in the movies along with Vala and Daniel, you wouldn't refuse to buy the DVDs because you love Vaniel. So him being there isn't a real live detriment. Those folks who have no interest in buying the DVDs without Jack will have a negative impact on the sales.

Seems like a no-brainer to me if the bottom line is to sell as many DVDs as possible. Why not appeal to the most people you can?

ccdsah
December 18th, 2006, 11:20 AM
The new incarnation of SG-1 DOESN'T NEED RDA.

Yeah the ratings proved that without a doubt :rolleyes: !!!

I'm the fan of the current direction of the show and I'm happy RDA is NOT in it.

Too bad (for the show) that you're so few (fans of the "new show") !!!

citystar
December 18th, 2006, 12:33 PM
The new incarnation of SG-1 DOESN'T NEED RDA. I'm the fan of the current direction of the show and I'm happy RDA is NOT in it.

If the new show is that great - why the hell has it been canceled?!?

Yeah, well, I don't like the current direction of the show at all. I'm not a fan of "Vaniel" (I like Daniel but I couldn't care less about Vala and Mitchell) and I'm not happy about the fact that RDA will probably not be in the movies. I think Jack, who has been part of the team for 7(!) (or 8 - depends on your POV) years, deserves some sort of closure! And why should that be a problem for anyone?

PG15
December 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Actually, if you want to use the ratings, more people stayed around than those that left. So, to conclude, more people liked the new seasons than those that didn't.

Gotta love interpretating stuff from them ratings. :p

mayogaelz
December 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
is there not enough writers for the origonal and new sg-1s to be in the movies? surely jack, sam, teal'c, daniel, vala and mitchell can all be in the same movie/ show?! i like both the old and new sg-1s

Hubble
December 18th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Actually, if you want to use the ratings, more people stayed around than those that left. So, to conclude, more people liked the new seasons than those that didn't.

Gotta love interpretating stuff from them ratings. :p

I'd say that all ratings tell is that a certain number of people watched the show. Of those that watched, some people may love the new direction, some may not like it, but still watch only for their favorite character; some watch in the hopes it will get better; some watch out of boredom or habit, some watch so they can make fun of it; some watch because the TV is on and they may be too lazy to click the remote. I certainly wouldn't arrive at the conclusion you did.

ccdsah
December 18th, 2006, 12:55 PM
is there not enough writers for the origonal and new sg-1s to be in the movies? surely jack, sam, teal'c, daniel, vala and mitchell can all be in the same movie/ show?! i like both the old and new sg-1s

It's not so much a problem of writing (Jack was written very well in "The Return" great interaction with Shep, Mckay and especially Weir) but of budget (the movies are going to be so cheap - they'll cost less than some music videos) and laziness (it's easier to write Vaniel than to integrate Jack in the new bunch (I'm not willing to call that team))...

mayogaelz
December 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM
i suppose.
it would be nice to see all 6 working together though.
... maybe even some shep thrown in?...
does anyone think jonas will be back?

ShardsofGlass
December 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I'd say that all ratings tell is that a certain number of people watched the show. Of those that watched, some people may love the new direction, some may not like it, but still watch only for their favorite character; some watch in the hopes it will get better; some watch out of boredom or habit, some watch so they can make fun of it; some watch because the TV is on and they may be too lazy to click the remote. I certainly wouldn't arrive at the conclusion you did.

But how many people continue to watch a show they don't like? Seriously, you and others on this forum may still watch it if you don't like it (and I have no idea if this is the case), but most people just change the channel if they don't like a show. I think it's pretty safe to say that most people who are watching a show are also enjoying the show. It's not like viewers are getting paid to sit there in misery. TV watching is a leisure-time activity that's supposed to be enjoyable.

Jordan
December 18th, 2006, 01:02 PM
The movies arent complete unless jack is in them!! And they have to eventualy say what happens to each of the charcaters, so who knows, he might pop in like on 200 for a while :jack:

Mana
December 18th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I would just like to comment and say that... These movies, more specifically the First one, are really just a wrap up of season 10. Jack is an important icon as far as Stargate is concerned, but, to throw him in the first movie, would utterly be rediculous. He just wouldnt fit in. The second DVD, as far as rumors go, has something to do with time travel. so.. Who knows if he's going to be in that one. Honestly, instead of bickering about it, why dont some of you try and be patient when it comes to finding out the details. And, if by some change Jack wont be in the movies... And, I'll admit it's highly likely... I'm still going to buy the DVD's. Why? DVD sales are important to MGM right now and it will be just as important then. Stargate is a Franchise, with or without RDA in the mix. It's been proven that they can make decent TV without him... better still, if he is in the movies, that would definately help. Nonetheless, Buying the dvd's in any case will ultimately prove how serious the fans are. Instead of boycotting the dvd's altogether, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. ^^; Just remember, this is NOT then end.

ccdsah
December 18th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I would just like to comment and say that... These movies, more specifically the First one, are really just a wrap up of season 10. Jack is an important icon as far as Stargate is concerned, but, to throw him in the first movie, would utterly be rediculous. He just wouldnt fit in. The second DVD, as far as rumors go, has something to do with time travel. so.. Who knows if he's going to be in that one. Honestly, instead of bickering about it, why dont some of you try and be patient when it comes to finding out the details. And, if by some change Jack wont be in the movies... And, I'll admit it's highly likely... I'm still going to buy the DVD's. Why? DVD sales are important to MGM right now and it will be just as important then. Stargate is a Franchise, with or without RDA in the mix. It's been proven that they can make decent TV without him... better still, if he is in the movies, that would definately help. Nonetheless, Buying the dvd's in any case will ultimately prove how serious the fans are. Instead of boycotting the dvd's altogether, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. ^^; Just remember, this is NOT then end.

So you'll basically buy something just because it has Stargate written on it (A company's dream buyer) ???

Mana
December 18th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Most definately not. Stargate is overall one of the best Sci-Fi shows of all time. period. Im merely stating that showing that support for the show by buying the dvd's is what the fans need to be doing to ensure Stargate continues onward.

RealmOfX
December 18th, 2006, 01:48 PM
So you'll basically buy something just because it has Stargate written on it (A company's dream buyer) ???

There's not a whole lot of people around like that and there are lots of people who won't do that. These are the people you need to part with their cash and actually go out and buy the DVD's. Let's face it if the DVD movies crash and burn it's going to make it all the more difficult to get anything Stargate made in the future. So why not ensure that you have the best chance and include RDA?

I know lots of people that will not part with money for the Bori or Cambo & the Bimbo (I certainly won't) but will for the original SG-1 so why not have all of them and pull in a wide audience? Generate a good profit and give future investors in Stargate projects something solid to entice them to part with future funding?

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Well said RealmOfX.I'm not sure why a Jack Fan or a long time Fan from Season 1-8 should feel the need to worry about MGM when MGM does not care enough about Jack Fans and 1-8 Season Fans to ask RDA to appear in the Movies.I have no desire to support the Stargate from Season 9 and 10.If it's more like Season 1-8 with RDA appearing I will have no problem buying the Movies.I will happily boycott the DVD's if RDA is not involved and would not take the DVD's for free.There is no doubt in my mind many Daniel Fans would do the same if MS was not involved.If RDA is asked to appear and turns the Movies down then TPTB are not at fault.I still have hope RDA will appear.I cannot believe TPTB would want to alienate such a large Fan base.

citystar
December 18th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'm definitely not going to buy anything just for the sake of the franchise...

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I'll never understand why TPTB are more Loyal to Mitchell and Vala Fans and Farscape Fans than Jack and Season 1-8 Fans.IMO all the people who are saying we do not want Jack are Fans of Mitchell and Vala and Farscape Fans who are afraid the Jack character will make Mitchell and Vala look bad.

ReganX
December 18th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Well said RealmOfX.I'm not sure why a Jack Fan or a long time Fan from Season 1-8 should feel the need to worry about MGM when MGM does not care enough about Jack Fans and 1-8 Season Fans to ask RDA to appear in the Movies.I have no desire to support the Stargate from Season 9 and 10.If it's more like Season 1-8 with RDA appearing I will have no problem buying the Movies.I will happily boycott the DVD's if RDA is not involved and would not take the DVD's for free.There is no doubt in my mind many Daniel Fans would do the same if MS was not involved.If RDA is asked to appear and turns the Movies down then TPTB are not at fault.I still have hope RDA will appear.I cannot believe TPTB would want to alienate such a large Fan base.

I'm definitely not going to buy the DVDs unless I can be confident that I'm actually going to like them. RDA's presence - in a substantial role, not a cameo - would be a big step in the right direction.

Kady
December 18th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Stargate started with jack and daniel so i will be severely dissappointed and upset if the stargate sg1 movies do not end with jack and daniel! They were the ones who started it all!!

keep the faith,

kady

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 02:58 PM
If TPTB do not ask RDA appear it's almost as if they are trying to make the Movies fail.TPTB are well aware that many Fans are not happy with Season 9 and 10.Forget the Movies for a second,How can RDA not be in the last SG-1 episode? If TPTB thought RDA had to be in the 200th then why not the final episode? Nothing makes sense anymore with this Show.

dmovies
December 18th, 2006, 03:00 PM
All I can add to what you said is 'me too!' How dense are TPTB? I will not spend one cent on anything RDA isn't in. However much I like At, she's better with RDA. He started the series, was responsible for it's 8 year run, and I have no need to see anything with only the Bumbling B's (Browder, Black, Bridges)!

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I really wonder why TPTB have been trying to run away from the Jack character since RDA left? It's almost like TPTB want to prove they do not need RDA and they are going to keep trying even if the francise goes down in flames.Most TPTB would welcome RDA back and would love to have him in the Movies.

RealmOfX
December 18th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I'll never understand why TPTB are more Loyal to Mitchell and Vala Fans and Farscape Fans than Jack and Season 1-8 Fans.IMO all the people who are saying we do not want Jack are Fans of Mitchell and Vala and Farscape Fans who are afraid the Jack character will make Mitchell and Vala look bad.

I think TPTB realise that if they put a solid and popular character like Jack up against the caricatures of Mitchell and Vala then they definitely won't fare well. Why else get RDA back for 5 episodes and and then shunt him off to Atlantis for 3, a cameo in 200 and who knows for the 5th?

Oh comeon no fair picking on the Farscape fans :) Some of us actually are discerning ;) There are some shockers out there but you find them in all fandoms.

I'm no fan of Mitchell and Vala (and this Farscape fan wanted to be) simply because of how poorly they have been written and integrated into the show. I am however not advocating that they not be in the movies (which I could because I know they will chase away a large portion of potential audience) BECAUSE I know that there are fans of them out there and see that if you go back to making Stargate appeal to a wide audience then you have a much better chance of success. Why not appeal to all the fans?? Well hubris for one.

It's not that hard to write the two movies as a finale to SG-1 and include all characters as well as introduce a premise for a third new series. It just takes a will to do it and talent.

RealmOfX
December 18th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Stargate started with jack and daniel so i will be severely dissappointed and upset if the stargate sg1 movies do not end with jack and daniel! They were the ones who started it all!!

keep the faith,

kady

Well Stargate SG-1 started out with Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and I'd like to end Stargate SG-1 with the original team.

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Sending RDA to Atlantis was no accident.RDA wanted to wrap up SG-1.It was not right for TPTB to send RDA to Atlantis.I think RDA was not happy about this and he deserved better.RDA made a comment that he thought he was going to be on SG-1.IMO TPTB did this to try to help the ratings on Atlantis and to keep the Jack character away from Mitchell and Vala.The 200th episode did not even count as it was a joke episode.I should not pick on Farscpae and I'm sorry if I upset anyone.I just cannot see Daniel Sam and Teal'c Fans not wanting RDA to appear.

Capt.Mal Reynolds
December 18th, 2006, 03:30 PM

keep the faith,

kady

it may not be the end ........

ReganX
December 18th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Sending RDA to Atlantis was no accident.RDA wanted to wrap up SG-1.It was not right for TPTB to send RDA to Atlantis.I think RDA was not happy about this and he deserved better.RDA made a comment that he thought he was going to be on SG-1.IMO TPTB did this to try to help the ratings on Atlantis and to keep the Jack character away from Mitchell and Vala.The 200th episode did not even count as it was a joke episode.I should not pick on Farscpae and I'm sorry if I upset anyone.I just cannot see Daniel Sam and Teal'c Fans not wanting RDA to appear.

This Sam fan wants RDA in the movies.

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
True but it may end if these two DVD Movies do not work.RDA can greatly improve the chance the Movies will be successful.

Hubble
December 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM
But how many people continue to watch a show they don't like? Seriously, you and others on this forum may still watch it if you don't like it (and I have no idea if this is the case), but most people just change the channel if they don't like a show. I think it's pretty safe to say that most people who are watching a show are also enjoying the show. It's not like viewers are getting paid to sit there in misery. TV watching is a leisure-time activity that's supposed to be enjoyable.

I really have a different viewpoint on it. I think some viewers like *parts* of the show and they'll watch for those parts; take them away and they won't. I've read several posts in which people have stated that if it wasn't for Ben or (fill in the blank), they would no longer watch the show. Farscape fan, for instance, wouldn't be interested in watching it without MS or CB. I don't think people watch it because it makes them miserable, but I do think many watch for a certain character or actor only; I still would be hesitant to make the claim that all the viewers watching the show are really enjoying the show in total.

Look at all the MS fans who refused to watch S6 without him.

ReganX
December 18th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I really have a different viewpoint on it. I think some viewers like *parts* of the show and they'll watch for those parts; take them away and they won't. I've read several posts in which people have stated that if it wasn't for Ben or (fill in the blank), they would no longer watch the show. Farscape fan, for instance, wouldn't be interested in watching it without MS or CB. I don't think people watch it because it makes them miserable, but I do think many watch for a certain character or actor only; I still would be hesitant to make the claim that all the viewers watching the show are really enjoying the show in total.

I know that Sam is the only reason I'm still watching.

PG15
December 18th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Ah, but that's exactly my point (note the smilie at the end of my post). You can't really get anything useful out of ratings, especially when you have an argument that's based on quality. In fact, as I've shown, you can get all kinds of crazy conclusions from ratings alone, but they mean absolutely jack (;)).

the fifth man
December 18th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I want RDA in the movies, well, one of them anyways. But, only if he actually has a reason for being there. You know, not just an appearance.

pattirose
December 18th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I see a huge huge difference in the quality of the episodes between 1-8 and 9 and 10. I'll continue buying the dvds till I collect the first 8 but they are not getting any more of my money.

H*ll, I'm still mad over the ^%$# concerning the game Stargate: The Alliance.

And then I find out yesterday no RDA in the finale and today I see this topic! I'm so mad I can't express myself at this point without swearing so I'll stop now.

fuzzylogicman
December 18th, 2006, 04:42 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if he wasn't in the movies or only made an appearence. RDA has made it quite clear he wants no more part in the SGU and whats more time with his daughter.
If he does make an appearence i'll say it will be an epic death scene, giving a the team more time to stop something. It just seems a logical way for his character to depart the series, not a happy meadows with jack dissappearing off. I just don't see it happening, nor the fact of sam and jack getting together i believe both the chemistry and the boat have long left the pier, I think the idea behind season 8 finality was that is was a possibly only in a alternative timeline and not really an option for the series.

ses110
December 18th, 2006, 05:11 PM
RDA came back this year for episodes in Atlantis and SG-1 and expressed interest in doing more Stargate next year.RDA may not want to be back full time but it is obvious he still wants some involvement.

majorsal
December 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Most definately not. Stargate is overall one of the best Sci-Fi shows of all time. period. Im merely stating that showing that support for the show by buying the dvd's is what the fans need to be doing to ensure Stargate continues onward.

once upon a time i would have bought or watched or whatever by stargate name only, but that time started dwindling away in season 7. it can't be a coincidence that 'that' was the season that rob copper took over the reins?

majorsal
December 18th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I want RDA in the movies, well, one of them anyways. But, only if he actually has a reason for being there. You know, not just an appearance.

he can be there as sam's guy. :p

okay, hubby. :D

sally :jack_new_anime18:

the fifth man
December 18th, 2006, 09:23 PM
he can be there as sam's guy. :p

okay, hubby. :D

sally :jack_new_anime18:

LOL.:) I know, but Jack should be more. Considering what he meant to the show in the past, if he does appear, it should really count for something.

majorsal
December 18th, 2006, 09:38 PM
LOL.:) I know, but Jack should be more. Considering what he meant to the show in the past, if he does appear, it should really count for something.

would appearing nude count as enough? :o

:D

sally :p

Gate gal
December 18th, 2006, 11:45 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if he wasn't in the movies or only made an appearence. RDA has made it quite clear he wants no more part in the SGU and whats more time with his daughter.
If he does make an appearence i'll say it will be an epic death scene, giving a the team more time to stop something. It just seems a logical way for his character to depart the series, not a happy meadows with jack dissappearing off. I just don't see it happening, nor the fact of sam and jack getting together i believe both the chemistry and the boat have long left the pier, I think the idea behind season 8 finality was that is was a possibly only in a alternative timeline and not really an option for the series.
That isn't true. RDA did 5 episodes this season and has made it really clear that he is willing to do more. There is nothing wrong with him wanting more time with his daughter than being a full time cast member allowed, but a movie is different from filming a whole season. It won't mean as much time away home. Even if he said no, they should have at least asked him.

It would for many of us. ;)

ccdsah
December 18th, 2006, 11:50 PM
If TPTB do not ask RDA appear it's almost as if they are trying to make the Movies fail.TPTB are well aware that many Fans are not happy with Season 9 and 10.Forget the Movies for a second,How can RDA not be in the last SG-1 episode? If TPTB thought RDA had to be in the 200th then why not the final episode? Nothing makes sense anymore with this Show.

IMHO RDA had to be in the finale, not necessarily as Jack 'cause 20-40 years into the future he might be dead but at least as his clone. I don't think the Airforce would let Jon go...

And "Real World" and "The Return" did great !!!
So apparently the decissions of TPTB of not having him in the finale or the movies are not based on Economics but rather on personal feelings !!!

Look at S6 ratings vs. S9-S10 ratings.

I know that Sam is the only reason I'm still watching.

Not even Sam (at least how she's written now) could make me watch past S9.

RDA came back this year for episodes in Atlantis and SG-1 and expressed interest in doing more Stargate next year.RDA may not want to be back full time but it is obvious he still wants some involvement.

You're right and I'm not pissed off that he won't be in the movies but by the fact that he wasn't even asked...

Descent
December 19th, 2006, 01:03 AM
The movies arent complete unless Jack is in them!!

Probably right. Jack doesn't need to be part of the "Ori movie" but I definately think he should be in the one Brad's writing. A big part. Please? :jack:

ReganX
December 19th, 2006, 09:57 AM
That isn't true. RDA did 5 episodes this season and has made it really clear that he is willing to do more. There is nothing wrong with him wanting more time with his daughter than being a full time cast member allowed, but a movie is different from filming a whole season. It won't mean as much time away home. Even if he said no, they should have at least asked him.

A full season would last more than thirteen hours. Chances are, the movies aren't going to be that long.

kymeric
December 19th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Seriously Oneills one level removed from the general in charge of the stargate, WTF r we going to see him for? Giving landry his orders to pass on to SG1? Unless theres a strong story reason why we see the mechanics of the higher ups in washington its just gratitious RDA stroking.

We havent seen President Hayes since LostCity either, cause its not usual to have the president in every episode. Maybe a role like Hammond played in LC, but that was like 10 minutes of screen time out of 80+ minutes of show.

Kady
December 19th, 2006, 02:05 PM
True but it may end if these two DVD Movies do not work.RDA can greatly improve the chance the Movies will be successful.

Preach it, sista!!

Kady
December 19th, 2006, 02:07 PM
but at least as his clone. I don't think the Airforce would let Jon

*gasps* i totally forgot about Jon! that would be so cool!!!

Farscapefan
December 19th, 2006, 02:09 PM
That isn't true. RDA did 5 episodes this season and has made it really clear that he is willing to do more.

5 episodes all together, 2 of which SG-1 and 3 of Atlantis. TPTB originally wanted RDA for 200th episode only and when he suggested that he would like to tie some "loose ends", they've written him in another SG-1 episode in the second half of the season and moved him to SGA for 3 episodes.

RealmOfX
December 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM
5 episodes all together, 2 of which SG-1 and 3 of Atlantis. TPTB originally wanted RDA for 200th episode only and when he suggested that he would like to tie some "loose ends", they've written him in another SG-1 episode in the second half of the season and moved him to SGA for 3 episodes.

Yup we know, it's already been mentioned several times in the last few pages ;)

Hubble
December 19th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Seriously Oneills one level removed from the general in charge of the stargate, WTF r we going to see him for? Giving landry his orders to pass on to SG1? Unless theres a strong story reason why we see the mechanics of the higher ups in washington its just gratitious RDA stroking.

Don't see it as gratitious RDA stroking at all. I see including him as being the best possible way to try and sell as many DVDs as possible.

Since the writers are the ones who will be writing this storyline, they could create a reason why Jack would be involved and give him a part of the storyline (as much as the other characters... like they used to do in the earlier seasons of the show). It just takes a bit of creativity and good writing.

Briangate78
December 19th, 2006, 06:32 PM

I disagree!

I agree seasons 9 and 10 were not up to par

You are a Farscape fan so DUH! ;) :)

ses110
December 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM
A Farscape Fan not wanting RDA in the Movies.I don't believe that.The Show did soo well in Season 9 and 10 that maybe RDA is not needed for the Movies.Seasons 1-8 were just horrible and Season 9 and 10 saved the francise.

LaCroix
December 19th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I just makes good buisness sense to have RDA in the movies. More people will but them that way.

RealmOfX
December 19th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Probably right. Jack doesn't need to be part of the "Ori movie" but I definately think he should be in the one Brad's writing. A big part. Please? :jack:

Well that would depend on how you view the "needing" part I suppose.

I am seriously worried that the movies won't do well and that will negatively impact future possibilities with the franchise. Now there is a large group of people singly and collectively not impressed with (all the way to detesting) The Ori, Vala, Vaniel, RCC and seeing as this first movie is probably going to be full of those elements then it's going to need to attract a much larger audience than the current viewership that likes these things. Don't forget that the total viewership is way down and there is a large portion of those still watching who are not happy with the direction things have been going.

This first movie written and directed by RCC is one I definately will not bother with unless someone whose opinion I respect tells me it is worth seeing. I sincerely doubt that this will happen and I'm not the only one who feels this way. The other movie I am also worried about but nowhere near on the same scale, quite seriously the chances of me buying either movie is almost non existant.

Why is it so hard to incorporate a character that was a main part of Stargate for so long if it will boost the viewership?? My view is that if they put in elements that will appeal to a broad variety of people (like they used to) and intelligently blend them together (like they used to) then there will be something for everyone instead of catering to a smaller section of fans/viewers.

BTW I wasn't picking on you :) yours was just the last post that mentioned something I had been thinking on for a while.

ses110
December 19th, 2006, 07:42 PM
RealmOfX you made great points.I think unless RDA and Gekko had control of the Movies the chances of incorporating the Jack character and making the Movies appeal to a broad group of people are slim and none.The current TPTB are only interested in amusing themselves and a select group of Fan bases like Mitchell Vala and Daniel.If you are a Fan of Sam Teal'c and Jack I'm not sure the Movies will be for you.I'm not sure I'll even like the second Movie even if RDA is in the Movie since it's sounds like a repeat of Mobieus except for Baal as the bad guy.

the fifth man
December 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM

LMAO!!!:D

Oh, fine. I suppose that can qualify.:)

ccdsah
December 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
It just makes good business sense to have RDA in the movies. More people will buy them that way.

I'm not trusting TPTB to make sound business decissions anymore after S9 and S10. They expected a drop in ratings in S9 and what did they do? They replaced one well-paid actor (RDA) with 2 (BB&BB) well paid actors full-time and one well-paid actress part-time (CB). Of course the ratings dropped and what did they do? Instead of analyzing the reasons for it (a.k.a. writing, directing ...) they hire CB full-time. I wouldn't trust TPTB with my money. At this point I'm surprised the movies are on DVD and not on Itunes or even Youtube :)

Gate gal
December 20th, 2006, 09:32 AM
RealmOfX you made great points.I think unless RDA and Gekko had control of the Movies the chances of incorporating the Jack character and making the Movies appeal to a broad group of people are slim and none.The current TPTB are only interested in amusing themselves and a select group of Fan bases like Mitchell Vala and Daniel.If you are a Fan of Sam Teal'c and Jack I'm not sure the Movies will be for you.I'm not sure I'll even like the second Movie even if RDA is in the Movie since it's sounds like a repeat of Mobieus except for Baal as the bad guy.
Personally, I liked that episode (mentioned in spoilers) and I can see something like that working with all of the current cast plus RDA. I'd like to see a nice ending that gives closure to the series without alienating old or new fans. I really believe this is possible if RDA is present. Without him, its not gonna happen.

Farscapefan
December 20th, 2006, 09:43 AM
You are a Farscape fan so DUH! ;) :)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2006, 09:43 AM
LMAO!!!:D

Oh, fine. I suppose that can qualify.:)

LOL For my wife mabey but I'd prefer Amanda or Morena.:cool:

Hatusu
December 20th, 2006, 11:14 AM
A Farscape Fan not wanting RDA in the Movies.I don't believe that.The Show did soo well in Season 9 and 10 that maybe RDA is not needed for the Movies.Seasons 1-8 were just horrible and Season 9 and 10 saved the francise.
Are you visiting us from an alternate universe, dear? :P

jenks
December 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Hatusu
December 20th, 2006, 11:48 AM
You've made some interesting points here that may be true, but I disagree that it was the producers. I think that it was the season 9 and 10 SG1 writers, Mallozzie and Mullie that changed the direction of the show. They have their own their ideas about humor and plot that seem unsophisticated, insulting to woman and downright sophomoric to me. I cringed through much of season 9. They seemed more in control of themselves in season 10, still the episodes written, or co-written by Wright and Cooper were the best episodes of those seasons.

RDA and the O'Neill character may be the focus here, but the real issue for me is to have "Stargate, SG1" written at the same level of quality as seasons 1-7. I want well written science fiction story-lines without gaping plot holes, with characters that I admire and villains with some threat and style.

If "Stargate, SG1" is going to end, I want it to go out as "Stargate, SG1" at its best. I don't want it to be "Stargate Command" or "Vala & Daniel Gate". I want it to be great.

As for RDA, I always leave the dance with the guy that brought me. :)

FoolishPleasure
December 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I'm not trusting TPTB to make sound business decissions anymore after S9 and S10. They expected a drop in ratings in S9 and what did they do? They replaced one well-paid actor (RDA) with 2 (BB&BB) well paid actors full-time and one well-paid actress part-time (CB). Of course the ratings dropped and what did they do? Instead of analyzing the reasons for it (a.k.a. writing, directing ...) they hire CB full-time. I wouldn't trust TPTB with my money. At this point I'm surprised the movies are on DVD and not on Itunes or even Youtube :)

I just have to pop in for a moment. I loved RDA, but RDA made the choice to leave. BB, BB, CB came in. Its just like my office, I like some people a lot, but from time to time people leave and are missed, but replaced by new people who I also get to know, and enjoy just as well. The new crew has a different feel, but I enjoy them just as well and want to continue to know them better. Frankly, I don't miss RDA anymore and don't care if he is in the DVD movies or not, but I still love the guy.

Hats (gotta rib ya here ;) ) - I didn't come to the dance with RDA, I came with the GATE, and the gate is still there. :D

SGAFan
December 20th, 2006, 12:22 PM
[B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]You've made some interesting points here that may be true, but I disagree that it was the producers. I think that it was the season 9 and 10 SG1 writers, Mallozzie and Mullie that changed the direction of the show. They have their own their ideas about humor and plot that seem unsophisticated, insulting to woman and downright sophomoric to me. I cringed through much of season 9. They seemed more in control of themselves in season 10, still the episodes written, or co-written by Wright and Cooper were the best episodes of those seasons.

Just had to pipe up and agree with this take on M&M. (and Wright and or Cooper) So what are they doing now? Shuffling M&M off to Produce SGA. *cringes*

I swear, if I see one more rediculously low cut cleavage dress on some Pegasus native (which seems to be a standard in an M&M episode and superceeds believable and quality plot/story) someone's gonna get hurt... :teyla30: :ronananime01:

Too bad to not see RDA in the movies, but I'm not surprised. *sigh*

PG15
December 20th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Suuuuure it is. :rolleyes:

:p

themeangel
December 20th, 2006, 01:50 PM
In Michael Shanks interview here
http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/751/751455p3.html
He mentions he "Thinks' all the Cast for the movies has been signed on.
The firt movie shoots in april of next year and the second possible in june.
The first movie is supposed to finish off the Ori Storyline.
The second he 'Thinks" will involve B'aal going back in time
and lifting the StarGate in the past so there is no StarGate program
And eveyone has to go an FIX it.
Sounds similar to Moibius But how can they have this Movie without
RDA?? He Started StarGate and he should finish it!!!
If he is not in the movie I will not be plunking my hard earned money down to
Buy it.
And Why does B'aal Get to be in it, but not Jack??
A little shortsighted if you ask me.

tsaxlady
December 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
If "Stargate, SG1" is going to end, I want it to go out as "Stargate, SG1" at its best. I don't want it to be "Stargate Command" or "Vala & Daniel Gate". I want it to be great.

As for RDA, I always leave the dance with the guy that brought me. :)

:jack_new_anime18:

I do hope RDA is in at least one of the movies in a well written role.

Hatusu
December 20th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Hats (gotta rib ya here ;) ) - I didn't come to the dance with RDA, I came with the GATE, and the gate is still there. :D
Suddenly, I'm visualizing you dancing with stargates in a Busby Berkely type tap dance number. :P
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/673/busbyberkelykidspain2dy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1793/whoopeebuzbyberekelyym1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Ganthet Jr.
December 20th, 2006, 04:03 PM
And Why does B'aal Get to be in it, but not Jack??
A little shortsighted if you ask me.

It seems to me that Jack being in it or not would depend on whether RDA wants to do it or not. The producers can't be shortsighted if they want him but he simply doesn't want to do it. If it were the producer's choices, he never would've left the show. RDA chose to leave.

But I do hope he chooses to do the films.

FoolishPleasure
December 20th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Suddenly, I'm visualizing you dancing with stargates in a Busby Berkely type tap dance number. :P

You had to prowl the net all afternoon to find that, didn't ya? ;) *ROTFLOL*

Hatusu
December 20th, 2006, 06:32 PM
You had to prowl the net all afternoon to find that, didn't ya? ;) *ROTFLOL*
No. I hit it right away. Berkely was fond of circles, it seems. :D He must have been a Goa'uld. :P

Locutus_Of_Borg
December 20th, 2006, 08:32 PM
(sigh) RDA was the one who practically started SG-1, youd think they'd let him help finish it, i wont enjoy it as much if he's not in it

PG15
December 20th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Actually, Apophis started SG1. :p

And I for one would rather have no RDA than just a gratuitous cameo that serves no purpose than to have RDA there.

jenks
December 21st, 2006, 08:49 AM
Agreed.

Locutus_Of_Borg
December 21st, 2006, 08:11 PM
i just want RDA fighting and taking lead of it, like the Lost City, him doing his thing and ordering everyone to do stuff........like the chain of command....now wheres that from again :P

but seriously, i just wish (even though its most likely to only happen in my imagination) RDA would be the front man or a main character in the closure of SG-1

Gate gal
December 21st, 2006, 10:40 PM
It seems to me that Jack being in it or not would depend on whether RDA wants to do it or not. The producers can't be shortsighted if they want him but he simply doesn't want to do it. If it were the producer's choices, he never would've left the show. RDA chose to leave.

But I do hope he chooses to do the films.
Unfortunately, as of his appearance at Avalon last month, RDA hasn't been asked to be in the movies. If they don't ask him then it really can't be his choice. I'd be o.k. with him [b]choosing[b] not to be in the movies (well kindof o.k), but I have a major problem with him not even getting an invitation.

BTW, I loved Hatusu's comment about leaving the dance with the guy that brought you. I don't want to leave the dance without RDA.

Ganthet Jr.
December 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately, as of his appearance at Avalon last month, RDA hasn't been asked to be in the movies. If they don't ask him then it really can't be his choice. I'd be o.k. with him [b]choosing[b] not to be in the movies (well kindof o.k), but I have a major problem with him not even getting an invitation.

BTW, I loved Hatusu's comment about leaving the dance with the guy that brought you. I don't want to leave the dance without RDA.

Ahh. My mistake ;-)

Ganthet Jr.
December 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Even if he's not in the two announced so far, I can't see how he wouldn't be eventually given the announcement that they will continue with more SG-1 movies. Good news for RDA fans, I hope!

ses110
December 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
That's what I'm hoping.There may not be more SG-1 Movies if these first two fail.RDA being in the first two will greatly improve the chances of more Movies.

Gate gal
December 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I agree. It gives me hope, but if the first two flop then what? RDA really should be in one of these movies. It would increase the chances of DVD sales reaching the needed target to continue the movie series.

ACharmedAsgard
December 23rd, 2006, 07:52 AM
I really think RDA will be in the movies, I just have an incredible feeling that says he will.

samcarterrules
December 23rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
I really think RDA will be in the movies, I just have an incredible feeling that says he will.

I'm hoping so:) :)

Julia(samcarterrules)

ACharmedAsgard
December 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Me definatly, he has a huge part in it's history and can't abandon it at it's final moments

Oka
December 23rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Yes plz and bring back Jonas Quinn too and Dr Frasier as well and Sam's Dad. Hope Praetec will be in it too.

jenks
December 23rd, 2006, 07:31 PM
Yes plz and bring back Jonas Quinn too and Dr Frasier as well and Sam's Dad. Hope Praetec will be in it too.

What for? They're dead...

dmovies
December 23rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Oh, I hope you're right! If he isn't in the movies I'll be finished with Stargate.

L.A. Doyle
December 23rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
I just found this thread, and I have to say Jack NEEDS to be in the movies. It would be insane not to have him! Please, PTB, ask RDA to be in the movies.

Gate gal
December 23rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
I really hope your feelings are correct, but it is really important that we let TPTB know we want RDA in the movies. Write the [email protected], sign the petitions, and email MGM. Let's make sure they know how important RDA is to the DVD's success!

I'll look up the links and repost them.

Gate gal
December 23rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
Petition to see Richard Dean Anderson in the upcoming Stargate SG-1 Movies (http://www.petitiononline.com/RDASGMOV/petition.html)
Sorry, multilink isn't working for me tonight. Here is the petition.

Gate gal
December 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
I hope casting is still up in the air, since RDA hadn't been asked to do the movies by Avalon last month. People who want him in the movies need to speak up now. The petition is a good thing and there is a petition at Stargate Intel, too. I think you have to register first, but I'm not sure. Here is the home page.

stargate-intel.net
Also, email MGM and let them know what you think. If you want RDA there, tell them. If you are concerned about them handling all the characters correctly then tell them that too. I'm going to tell them I want RDA in the movies, but I want all the characters to have their time. I know this is possible if TPTB will just give it a shot.

mgm.com/help.do
And here are the other links.

ACharmedAsgard
December 24th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Signed The Petition.

ccdsah
December 26th, 2006, 02:02 AM
page 2 bump 262 signed so far
petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/RDASGMOV/petition.html)

Amaunet
December 26th, 2006, 02:39 AM
^Thanx..i signed the petition

ccdsah
December 28th, 2006, 07:41 AM
page 2 bump 279 signed so far

jenks
December 28th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I'd sign it, if I though it would make the slightest bit of difference...

ccdsah
December 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I'd sign it, if I though it would make the slightest bit of difference...

It can't hurt, can it ?

jenks
December 28th, 2006, 08:09 AM
It can't hurt, can it ?

Yeah maybe, tptb don't want to be seen as buckling to fan pressure, maybe they had considered bringing him back, but will now decide against it after this uproar...

I don't think this is the case BTW, but it's possible...

Gate gal
December 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah maybe, tptb don't want to be seen as buckling to fan pressure, maybe they had considered bringing him back, but will now decide against it after this uproar...

I don't think this is the case BTW, but it's possible...
Well, that would be pretty foolish IMO. TPTB need us. They need us to buy their DVDs, watch their other series, support their next series. They can't just get mad and decide not to put RDA in just because we want him there and we are willing to ask for it, no demand it. That wouldn't be good business, and I still have some faith in TPTB. They want the franchise to survive, too. They just need some pressure from the fans to do the right thing.....GIVE US RDA IN THE MOVIES.

Have faith jenks! We still have a chance. :)

Amaunet
December 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM
*crosses fingers* lets hope tptb sees the light! :)

ccdsah
December 31st, 2006, 11:10 AM
page 3 bump 298 signed so far

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Farscapefan
December 31st, 2006, 11:25 AM
Well, that would be pretty foolish IMO. TPTB need us. They need us to buy their DVDs, watch their other series, support their next series. They can't just get mad and decide not to put RDA in just because we want him there and we are willing to ask for it, no demand it. That wouldn't be good business, and I still have some faith in TPTB. They want the franchise to survive, too. They just need some pressure from the fans to do the right thing.....GIVE US RDA IN THE MOVIES.

The RIGHT thing would be not to do anything UNDER any kind of pressure. I don't want TPTB to include RDA in at least ONE movie, if he doesn't fit there and only because to please screaming fans... I'm NOT a fan of RDA, and I don't want him there.

LaCroix
December 31st, 2006, 11:27 AM
The RIGHT thing would be not to do anything UNDER any kind of pressure. I don't want TPTB to include RDA in at least ONE movie, if he doesn't fit there and only because to please screaming fans... I'm NOT a fan of RDA, and I don't want him there.

Yes we understand that. But seeing that I am a fan of RDA, I want him in one or both movies. JMO.

ses110
December 31st, 2006, 11:36 AM
I want RDA in both as well.IMO It's Vala and Mitchell who did not fit on SG-1.SG-1 did just fine without Vala and Mitchell.Season 9 and 10 proved just how much RDA was missed.I would love to see Movies without RDA and with RDA and let's see which ones do better.It's interesting to see many Farscape Fans feel threatened by RDA appearing in the Movies.I wonder why? It's funny to see some Farscape Fans in a panic if RDA is in the Movies.How dare RDA been in the Movies.RDA only played the Jack character.One of the Major characters from the original Stargate Movie.How dare the Jack character take time away from Mitchell and Vala.

PG15
December 31st, 2006, 12:41 PM
page 3 bump 298 signed so far

HAPPY NEW YEAR

You know, instead of bumping this thread which seems to be dying a little more with each bump, why not put the petition in your sig?

greytop
December 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM

I want RDA in both as well.IMO It's Vala and Mitchell who did not fit on SG-1.SG-1 did just fine without Vala and Mitchell.Season 9 and 10 proved just how much RDA was missed.I would love to see Movies without RDA and with RDA and let's see which ones do better.It's interesting to see many Farscape Fans feel threatened by RDA appearing in the Movies.I wonder why? It's funny to see some Farscape Fans in a panic if RDA is in the Movies.How dare RDA been in the Movies.RDA only played the Jack character.One of the Major characters from the original Stargate Movie.How dare the Jack character take time away from Mitchell and Vala.I am a fan of both RDA and Ben Browder. There is probably a spot for both of them.

Has anyone thought of what RDA wants? And to me if RDA wants to be in the movies, the TPTB will probably write a spot for him.

This my .02 cents of the subject.

Foo
December 31st, 2006, 02:20 PM
If the writers want Jack, they should have Jack. If they don't, they shouldn't. That'd lead to a bad episode. Narrowing what they can do by imposing strict rules will simply squeeze them into compromising their vision.

Foo

ccdsah
December 31st, 2006, 02:29 PM
I am a fan of both RDA and Ben Browder. There is probably a spot for both of them.

Has anyone thought of what RDA wants? And to me if RDA wants to be in the movies, the TPTB will probably write a spot for him.

This my .02 cents of the subject.

RDA said he wants to but at Avalon he said he wasn't approched by TPTB...

Gate gal
December 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM
As of Avalon, RDA had not even been asked about the movies. Would he be interested? Well, we know he was willing to do more than the one episode they wanted in season 10, but the only way to know if he is willing to do the movies is for TPTB to ask him.

If he doesn't want to do it then he won't, but he should be asked.

RealmOfX
December 31st, 2006, 03:18 PM
I want RDA in both as well.IMO It's Vala and Mitchell who did not fit on SG-1.SG-1 did just fine without Vala and Mitchell.Season 9 and 10 proved just how much RDA was missed.I would love to see Movies without RDA and with RDA and let's see which ones do better.It's interesting to see many Farscape Fans feel threatened by RDA appearing in the Movies.I wonder why? It's funny to see some Farscape Fans in a panic if RDA is in the Movies.How dare RDA been in the Movies.RDA only played the Jack character.One of the Major characters from the original Stargate Movie.How dare the Jack character take time away from Mitchell and Vala.

Not this Farscape fan :D

I want RDA in both movies, Jack started in the series and he should end in the movies because he is a very important part of Stargate. Actually I think some of TPTB feel threatened by the character Jack because some of their caricatures do not stand up well against this cornerstone of Stargate SG-1 ;)

RoX
(a Stargate fan AND a Farscape fan)

RealmOfX
December 31st, 2006, 03:23 PM

That's a tad hypocritcal coming from someone who actively campaigned to Save Stargate SG-1 isn't it? It's OK to pressure for what you want but not for anyone else??? Sad. Very, very sad.

ses110
December 31st, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thank You and I agree about TPTB but it goes for some of the Fans as well.I'm not sure why the mention of RDA and the Mention of the Jack character being in the Movies sends some Fans into a frenzy? It's like it's a personal insult to have RDA involved in SG-1 again.RDA made his reasons for leaving the Show clear.RDA never signed a lifetime contract with SG-1.If RDA wants to come back and be involved in SG-1 again that's his right.If TPTB no longer wanted RDA involved in SG-1 they should have had the guts to kill off the Jack Character.TPTB were the ones who said the Jack character would remain very much alive in Stargate before Season 9 started.

ccdsah
January 4th, 2007, 03:05 PM
page 3 bump 323 signed so far

PG15
January 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Forgot what we talked about, eh? ;)

ses110
January 4th, 2007, 05:22 PM
It's hard to believe a thread about RDA not in the Movies needs a bump.

rac76
January 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I haven't signed the petition, yet. I don't know if it would a good thing to just have him there for a visit in both movies. I don't want to have stunt casting to please everyone.

I don't think that he would fit into the whole Ori movie, but maybe he would fit better in the second one. It is really his decision and his decision alone if he wants to or not. We should not make it for him.

ses110
January 4th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I think its' TPTB decision.RDA has not be asked to appear.I think RDA wants to be in the Movies.

ccdsah
January 5th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Forgot what we talked about, eh? ;)

Actually no !!!
I forgot to check "Show your signature" box !!!

ACharmedAsgard
January 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
I think RDA will be in the movies

Isis
January 7th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Hi
I have not seen much information about the petition regarding the possibility that RDA may not be in the movies on other discussion threads. Do you think people are waiting until the cast is announced and if RDA is not included then the momentum will start? If so I am not sure that will be such a good thing as if TPTB do not include RDA from the beginning his part in the movies may not be a substantial part but a small cameo appearance just to keep the fans quiet. It may be better to put the pressure on TPTB plenty of time before shooting starts as the closer that date comes scripts and schedules will have been finalizesed.

ccdsah
January 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM
page 3 bump 357 signed so far in little over a month WTG