Proud To Be A Browncoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud To Be A Browncoat

This is why the fans, actors, producers, everyone to do with Firefly(and Whedon)verse is so awsome! Just goes to show how much the actors especially care about and believe in this show.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/12011

from a couple days ago
    http://whedonesque.com/comments/12002#more

Makes me proud to call myself a browncoat.

The original story leading up to this event here:
    http://whedonesque.com/comments/11988

I hate West Hollywood.

But I'd a gone. Dressed all fancy, too.

Comment

Was reading this yesterday, incredible, it really does make you proud to be a browncoat.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I'm a fairly new Browncoat, but seriously THIS right here is why I love it so much. It's the love, the dedication, the spirit, the fight... It's beautiful.
        --AO--

Sig by sofie

Comment

And the thing is, as rare as it is for a fanbase to be this devoted, its unheard of for the actors to be so devoted to the show. It makes this grinch's heart grow two whole sizes
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

it does indeed make you proud to be a browncoat
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
              And the thing is, as rare as it is for a fanbase to be this devoted, its unheard of for the actors to be so devoted to the show. It makes this grinch's heart grow two whole sizes
              It does, the fans and those who made Firefly just seem like such wonderful people. I don't think any other show can boast this kind of passion and generosity from it's fans and those make it alike.

Comment

My friend was shocked at how much I love Firefly.

He's been a Whedonverse guy for a while, although he's never seen Firefly, he loves Buffy and (especially) Angel. I'm not very big on celebrities, in fact I'm kind of anti-celebrity, but I told him the one guy I would really like to meet is Joss.

Just so I could thank him for Firefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                  My friend was shocked at how much I love Firefly.

He's been a Whedonverse guy for a while, although he's never seen Firefly, he loves Buffy and (especially) Angel. I'm not very big on celebrities, in fact I'm kind of anti-celebrity, but I told him the one guy I would really like to meet is Joss.

Just so I could thank him for Firefly.
                  I agree- Joss is probably the person in the world I'd most like to meet, he just has such a great creative mind; I'd love to have a conversation with him.

Of course, my side would in all liklihood mostly consist of "uhhhhh.....".

Comment

^^^

Of course, if I have my chance to meet someone else. . . like I dunno. . . Morena or Summer. . . I'm not going to spit at the idea.

Comment

Okay, I'm in. Where does one sign up to be a browncoat?

Just got my boxed set for Christmas (Firefly) watched the Serenity DVD again, then the whole 14 eps and I am convinced that this is the best new sci fi since Stargate started up.

It shoud really start a trend of small scale sci fi series where characters rule.

I also really admire the fully conceptualized alt universe......

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                        Okay, I'm in. Where does one sign up to be a browncoat?

Just got my boxed set for Christmas (Firefly) watched the Serenity DVD again, then the whole 14 eps and I am convinced that this is the best new sci fi since Stargate started up.

It shoud really start a trend of small scale sci fi series where characters rule.

I also really admire the fully conceptualized alt universe......
                        Very nice! Firefly is definitly one of the best sci-fi series ever made.

I introduced a friend to Serenity yesterday, the meeting went well.

Comment

Not sure where else I can put this stuff. Some general things about Firefly. The show continues the revolution in TV Sci Fi that started with Babylon 5 in that characters change, their actions have consequences, villians re-appear and have some ongoing content. Small, relevant details surface as clues or mysteries, then re-appear later. This keeps the viewer on his toes.

Being a big acoustic music fan (progressive and traditional folk/ bluegrass) I just love the music.

At first I thought the blending of old west and sci was very strange, until I understood the back story and began to notice the touches of modern elements mixed with the old west settings, like a Bar window that doesn't break since it's a force field.

I started thinking about how you would handle transportation and an economy in a newly terraformed planet: Horses make a lot more sense than lots of automobiles, when you have no roads and limited manufacturing to supply parts.

The place where this show really shines is its emphasis on the micro, day to day drama, relationships and conflicts. The tactical scope and human close-ups are just excellent......

Perhaps more later...

Comment

Hey all. Just wanted to put word out there that Firefly is on sale at Target for $20 this week.

*parties* I just bought a ..... third copy. (One for me, one for a friend whose nearest Target is 45 minutes away, and one for another friend who's been asking to borrow my copy. Figure she can have her own.)
                            --AO--

Sig by sofie

Comment

for all my fellow browncoats out there!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X