PDA

View Full Version : The Eye weapon

All hail the USAF
December 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I was just wondering...was the eye weapon (Anubis' super weapon) of Goa'uld or ancient design? It seemed WAYYYY above the Goa'uld's level of tech...I mean being able to blow up 3 Ha'tak with a single shot....a little more advanced them what was seen before

JohnSheppard28
December 8th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Do you mean the weapon on Dakara? That one was Ancient I believe. Sorry if I'm thinking of the wrong one. :D

All hail the USAF
December 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Do you mean the weapon on Dakara? That one was Ancient I believe. Sorry if I'm thinking of the wrong one. :D

no no no Anbuis' super weapon...the one Carter and O'Niell jumped through the shields of to distory the cooling system

Pogo01
December 8th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Its the episode where Daniels son or w/e Ascended. Its when you collect all the "eyes" your ship becomes 1000x more powerful.. Dont know exactly how that works but whatever lol.

SaberBlade
December 8th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I think it had to be Ancient.

Firstly Anubis knew about it, which does seem to suggest he knew what it could do, where to find it and how to use it. Plus Ra hide it with an Ancient tablet which was supposed to lead to Atlantis (if the virus hadn't been a problem) so I would think Ancient.

wise one
December 9th, 2006, 12:00 AM
well it didnt seem gouald dign more a bit ancient

Pogo01
December 9th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Well re-watching the episode, and omnipedia. It looks like Gouald design, the eye of ra actually had Ras name in it, and the "EYE OF TIAMAT" looks a lot like Gouald design. Perhaps the writers didnt think about where they originated but they look very well like Gouald design although the power they possess are way more advanced then the Gouald.

Mister Oragahn
December 9th, 2006, 01:12 AM
On the same hand, the only first Goa'uld to know how to use them is Anubis (if you exclude the RPG which had a Goa'uld using one strapped to a karakesh - ribbon device - and vaporizing things left and right by firing powerful beams of energy), and the only moment the SGC is informed of their power is once Daniel has ascended.
It's more than coincidences.

Actually, it's probably like the ZPM stuff. Even Ra didn't know what it really was, but Anubis may have been able to use one if he had one. Which would have disastrous for the whole galaxy.

gkyun
December 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Well re-watching the episode, and omnipedia. It looks like Gouald design, the eye of ra actually had Ras name in it, and the "EYE OF TIAMAT" looks a lot like Gouald design. Perhaps the writers didnt think about where they originated but they look very well like Gouald design although the power they possess are way more advanced then the Gouald.

It's just the castings that are Goa'uld design. It's the crystals themselves that powered the weapon. My theory is that Anubis may had discovered an Ancient weapon which utilises six special crystals to form a powerful energy beam. When the system lords realised the threat he presented, they decided to banish him and divide the crystals up, ensuring that no single Goa'uld would have the ultimate advantage over the others.

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
December 9th, 2006, 06:09 AM
A lot of Goa'uld design is ancient design. look at the design of the room in 'the fifth race' where they found the repository of knowledge. the long sweeping lines on the walls are identical to what the goa'uld use.

Mister Oragahn
December 9th, 2006, 07:07 AM
A lot of Goa'uld design is ancient design. look at the design of the room in 'the fifth race' where they found the repository of knowledge. the long sweeping lines on the walls are identical to what the goa'uld use.

Look at the DHDs and stargates.

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
December 9th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Look at the DHDs and stargates.

the DHDs and stargates are ancient technology. they use the same DHDs in atlantis and there havent been any goa'uld there.

jds1982
December 9th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Its the episode where Daniels son or w/e Ascended. Its when you collect all the "eyes" your ship becomes 1000x more powerful.. Dont know exactly how that works but whatever lol.

Daniels son? Do you mean Skaara, his brother-in-law?

Mirel
December 9th, 2006, 07:55 AM
(if you exclude the RPG which had a Goa'uld using one strapped to a karakesh - ribbon device - and vaporizing things left and right by firing powerful beams of energy)
hm?

Vala_M
December 9th, 2006, 08:46 AM
They were probably primitive ZPM's or something like that back when the Ancients were in the Milky way.

Also, a plothole is that Daniel (ascended) tells Jack that Anubis had the eye of Tiamat BUT the Eye of tiamat was destroyed when SG-1 blew up the ziggurat on P2X-338 so he couldn't have gotten it.

AGT58

Kingomon
December 9th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I can't recall what it looks like but if it has a gem it is possible that the gem is Ancient and the stone it is on is Goa'uld.
As for the ship I'm thinking Anubis used his knowlege to buid parts of the ship and goauld tec along with it. Hec it maybe the Goa'uld verson of a Ancient city ship just smaller.

SoulReaver
December 9th, 2006, 09:29 AM
They were probably primitive ZPM's or something like that back when the Ancients were in the Milky way.my idea too - IMO the most plausible :cool:

Mister Oragahn
December 9th, 2006, 12:37 PM
the DHDs and stargates are ancient technology. they use the same DHDs in atlantis and there havent been any goa'uld there.

Which... was my point actually. :)

Jimbo-DR
December 9th, 2006, 12:50 PM
They were probably primitive ZPM's or something like that back when the Ancients were in the Milky way.

Also, a plothole is that Daniel (ascended) tells Jack that Anubis had the eye of Tiamat BUT the Eye of tiamat was destroyed when SG-1 blew up the ziggurat on P2X-338 so he couldn't have gotten it.

AGT58

Wrong. Chekov says at the end of that episode that it was "buried". So they chose their words carefully in order to show that it was not destroyed, merely lost.

Also, anything that is Ancient does not resemble Goa'uld technology, its the other way around. The Goa'uld came after the Ancients and copied and stole much of their techology, so the Goa'uld copy the Ancients.

.jolinar.
December 10th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I was just wondering...was the eye weapon (Anubis' super weapon) of Goa'uld or ancient design? It seemed WAYYYY above the Goa'uld's level of tech...I mean being able to blow up 3 Ha'tak with a single shot....a little more advanced them what was seen before

The weapon itself was that of Ancient design that was precured by Anubis while in his Ascended state.

Kirath
December 11th, 2006, 06:41 AM
the Eyes were more than likely Ancient technology because Anubis needed to find all six eyes. If the tech was goauld in origin he could have created 6 or found 1 back engineer the tech and build 5 more.