Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is anybody else getting tired of the stupid banter between weir and sheppard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is anybody else getting tired of the stupid banter between weir and sheppard?

i dunno, it worked for a few eps, but now its getting annoying, sheppard: "i think we should do this, so i said we would" weir: "what do you think you're doing!?! you need to think things through!" sheppard: "it helps us" weir: "fine"
    *sheppard is proven wrong*
    sheppard: "well, things _kinda_ worked..." weir: "no not really, but life goes on"
    and thus ends another episode of SGA
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

I don't mind it. I don't particularly care for the way Weir is being written, but as far as the banter goes, the "clashing" thing doesn't bother me overmuch.

Comment

No, I'm not tired of it. Enjoyed the banter between them in Underground in fact...

Comment

Depends what the banter is all about

Comment

i dunno i'd just like some more variety in the episodes, the last 2 eps seemed to be structured the same way, they meet a new race that they think will help them and it turns out they're not telling the whole truth and they decide that they dont want to help them in the end. meanwhile sheppard gets ahead of himself and makes quick rash decisions, and weir criticizes him but reluctantly goes along with whatever he wants.
          Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
          Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
          Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
          Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

You have to give Atlantis time to take off. They need to get the basic storylines/plotlines driven into the ground before they can do more. And I think they are trying to show you the characters so you can get familiar with them before things start to get bumpy.

Atlantis is great so far, it isn't as good as the first season of Stargate SG:1 yet but it is still great.

Thats all I have to say.

Comment

Personally, I'm enjoying the banter. Conflict! And it reminds me so much of office meetings, come to think of it....

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                Atlantis is great so far, it isn't as good as the first season of Stargate SG:1 yet but it is still great.
                that's a debatable point *cough* Emancipation *cough* Brief Candle *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  that's a debatable point *cough* Emancipation *cough* Brief Candle *cough*
                  HEY! Brief Candle was a GREAT episode.

Comment

No, Sheppard is fighting with Weir the way O'Neill used to fight with Hammond.
                    It's the way thing go around a Stargate facility.
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                      i dunno, it worked for a few eps, but now its getting annoying, sheppard: "i think we should do this, so i said we would" weir: "what do you think you're doing!?! you need to think things through!" sheppard: "it helps us" weir: "fine"
                      *sheppard is proven wrong*
                      sheppard: "well, things _kinda_ worked..." weir: "no not really, but life goes on"
                      and thus ends another episode of SGA
                      Nah, the banter is okay, but like Shadow, I don't like how Dr. Weir is being written. She's also becoming more of a minor character rather than a central character. I guess her role is similar to Gen. Hammond's, but still; she should go on missions from time to time and get a feel for what's going on out there.

I also agree that the plots need some variety, but I am confident that they will eventually work out the "kinks".

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                        HEY! Brief Candle was a GREAT episode.

Maybe you think so. Me, I thought it was pretty tedious. Ditto Emancipation. I wasn't very keen on Broca Divide, either. Good thing I didn't see season 1 until after I was already hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Maybe you think so. Me, I thought it was pretty tedious. Ditto Emancipation. I wasn't very keen on Broca Divide, either. Good thing I didn't see season 1 until after I was already hooked.
                          I'm one of the rare people who doesn't like "Window of Opportunity." It was fine the first time, but I can't watch it again and enjoy it.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

That banter is cliched, but its kinda a Stargate thing.

Comment

Now wouldn´t both characters be much more boring if it simply went like this?:

Weir: "I want you to go X and buy Y"

Sheppard: "Ok"

Later

Sheppard: "We didn´t manage to get Y but this happened instead and I´d like to do Z about it"

Weir: "No that won´t work, you´d better not do it"

Sheppard: "Ok"

And thus the episode ends.

Comment

Working...
                              X