Haitian having more then one power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haitian having more then one power?

We know he can erase memory and block other powers and telepathy. Does that count as one or he has more then one? Could he be something of anti-Sylar?
    What really got me is that he spoke to Claire and what he told her...

And he wears the symbol around his neck. Is he one of the first? How does he know about the symbol?

I was first a bit annoyed by him, thought he was just plot device for HRG to get away with kidnapping, but what he did in last ep got me thinking... HRG is going after heroes, but it's Haitian who plays with their minds.. his agenda isn't same as HRG's...

(i so love Heroes for these things.. you never know what's next)
    VISIT AND JOIN

Son, what part of HRG's speech to Sylar do you not understand.

"EVERYONE ELSE HAS ONE POWER, BUT YOU SEEM TO HAEV QUITE A FEW"

End of thread. NO further replies are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
      We know he can erase memory and block other powers and telepathy. Does that count as one or he has more then one? Could he be something of anti-Sylar?
      What really got me is that he spoke to Claire and what he told her...

And he wears the symbol around his neck. Is he one of the first? How does he know about the symbol?

I was first a bit annoyed by him, thought he was just plot device for HRG to get away with kidnapping, but what he did in last ep got me thinking... HRG is going after heroes, but it's Haitian who plays with their minds.. his agenda isn't same as HRG's...

(i so love Heroes for these things.. you never know what's next)
      I think the jury is still out on this. It is possible he has 1 power, the mind wipe...Maybe he supresses other peoples powers by making them temporarily forget how to use them? Just a thought.

Comment

I'm still not totally convinced that the Haitian can block other people's powers.

Comment

we only seen him block or suppress telepathically based abilities such as Matt's mindreading or Eden's power of persuasion. Also we've seen him suppress memories or induce sleep. chances are he is just a powerful and well trained telepath similar to Charles Xavier or the PsiCops from Babylon 5.
          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath View Post
            we only seen him block or suppress telepathically based abilities such as Matt's mindreading or Eden's power of persuasion. Also we've seen him suppress memories or induce sleep. chances are he is just a powerful and well trained telepath similar to Charles Xavier or the PsiCops from Babylon 5.
            So he suppresses or manipulates mental functioning. Makes sense to me.

But what about Eden saying he couldn't speak?

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              Son, what part of HRG's speech to Sylar do you not understand.

"EVERYONE ELSE HAS ONE POWER, BUT YOU SEEM TO HAEV QUITE A FEW"

End of thread. NO further replies are needed.
              ya, you quoted one of most trustworthy persons in Heroes to close the topic...
              out of all Heroes, Haitian is biggest mistery. and his powers also.

can he delete memory?... yes
              did he block Matt?... yes
              can he make people fall asleep?.. yes

maybe it is one power, but it covers a lot... call it whatever you like, but he can do all these things. all others (except Sylar) can do one thing .. period.
              he can do more.

maybe it's super-telepathy or something, but we saw him do all these things, so name isn't important, it's what he can do.. and his agenda... specially after what he said to Claire...

for 10 and 3/4 of episodes noone even thought he can speak... and now you proclaim discussion on his powers closed by quoting SAME MAN WHO EMPLOYES HIM AND DOESN'T KNOW HE CAN SPEAK?
              wow... i am defeated....
              this is really useless thread.

nothing to discuss. move on.
              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

We don't know that he can make people fall asleep. He grabed Sylar but only after Eden told Sylar to sleep. We know that Eden can make people die with a single verbal command (From Life Before Eden, one of the graphic novels). Making people slee would be just as easy.

We also don't know if HRG is aware of the Haitain's ability to speak. Eden wasn't, but that doesn't mean anything.

We also know that The Haitian can't block Nathan's flight. This suggests that his power is telepathy and he has the skills required to block other telepathic abilities. I wouldn'y say that he is powerful, however, Matt seems to have more raw power and can break through the Haitain's jamming. The Haitain simply has superior skills.

As for his agenda, I don't think his employment is volunatary. It is possible that HRG or HRG's boss is holding something big over his head and he is planning an escape of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by rook818 View Post
                  I think the jury is still out on this. It is possible he has 1 power, the mind wipe...Maybe he supresses other peoples powers by making them temporarily forget how to use them? Just a thought.
                  I'm think more along the lines of electrical interference of some sort. He can generate a field that prevents others from using their powers but that a more powerful and concentrated field or burst can mess with the electrical mechanisms in the human brain as well, which could alter a person's memory. Kind of like electro-magnets will wipe data from hard drives.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

The Haitian is by far one of the coolest character on the show and the most mysterious of them all.

He has obviously had time to master his skill so he is among the most experienced of the bunch.

The only problem is that he is a shadow to Bennett.

Now as far as his powers go... He is more VERSATILE than the others which makes him appear to have more than just one power.

Peter's power is still up in the air. He is mimic boy. But until recently he has become
                    Spoiler:
                    explosive man
                    and that power must suck most of all.

NQ
                    Valent: Renee Elise Goldsberry/Evangeline Williamson Fansite
                    Spoiler:
                    by Sheylafan87

Comment

Actually, we don't know that he can't block Nathan's flight. Because, in that episode if you'd recall, HRG told him to put Nathan down, which would imply that he can make people fall to sleep, or at least nullify certain powers, and if all their powers are tied to their brain chemistry, being a telepath, one as powerful as he is, that would infer that he would be able to block all abilities even Sylar's.

Comment

I think the Haitian's powers can be invoked whenever he wants to invoke it. I think he and HRG knew that Matt and FBI girl were watching the warehouse and invoked his power. When they were capturing Nathan, he didn't invoke his power because he didn't think there was any harm. Of course, after the incident where Nathan got away, HRG would probably have had the Haitian keep his power on at all times.
                        Last edited by Xanderic; 11 December 2006, 05:55 PM. Reason: Editing Peter to Nathan. opps
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

You mean Nathan.

And I think I posted this in another thread, but I think the Haitian needs to SEE someone use their power in order to properly block it. It's like creating a sound-blocking technology... when you get those special headphones that block out ambient noise, Bose wants to you send them a recording of typical noise in your environment. Then they can send you headphones with those appropriate frequencies blocked out.

Same with Haitian? He needs to sample the power in order to block it out.

Comment

I think Haitian and HRGs will die around 119 or 120 and his powers will never be explained. That is when Sylar will get out.
                            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              You mean Nathan.

And I think I posted this in another thread, but I think the Haitian needs to SEE someone use their power in order to properly block it. It's like creating a sound-blocking technology... when you get those special headphones that block out ambient noise, Bose wants to you send them a recording of typical noise in your environment. Then they can send you headphones with those appropriate frequencies blocked out.

Same with Haitian? He needs to sample the power in order to block it out.
                              Thanks.

That's an interesting theory. If the Haitian turns evil and bisexual and sickminded, may god have mercy on us. He can make Claire un-healable... Jessica weak... Nathan unable to fly... he could block any hero's powers... rape any hero and make them forget and probably even kill them... creepyness. *runs to corner*
                              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                              X