PDA

View Full Version : Simone is a Hero?

Doze
December 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/cast/simone.shtml
Why is Simone on the Hero list? Does she even have powers, unless you count 'doing it' with two heroes? I have not seen every episode so I may have missed something.

silence
December 7th, 2006, 11:20 AM
maybe she'll develop one?
maybe her power is that she can locate/sense heroes, but she misinterprets those signals? ;)

Doze
December 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I have heard of gay-dar but hero-dar? LOL
And for any new heroes if they only get to first base then they are not a hero then, right?

Marcus117
December 7th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Her father was having dreams about Peter and himself flying...

In this dream Peter told him all about the heroes, and how they would save the world.

Also, while being around her father Peter had dreams of himself flying also. My guess is that Peter, for his own dreams, was accidentally tuning into her fathers dreams via his ability to steal powers.

Her fathers power? Dreaming the future? Interpreting a persons destiny via their dreams?

Either way, we know that powers are to some degree inherited, so I'd say yes - Simone has powers.

When she realizes this, or what the power will be is anyones guess.

- Marcus.

Doze
December 7th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Her dad... I forgot about that.

classygirl
December 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Doesn't really look like it. I think the show writers needed to ordinary people (without abilities) in the show as well. At least it looks like she is on the "good guys" side. :)

LadyBozi
December 7th, 2006, 11:22 PM
*sigh* why bother making her important at all? lol

jds1982
December 8th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Her dad... I forgot about that.

How could you forget about Shaft?

Avenger
December 9th, 2006, 01:52 PM
*sigh* why bother making her important at all? lol

Mohinder doesn't have any powers, but he's an important character. Perhaps she'll fit in to some sort of supporting role.

NubianQueen
December 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Yea I often wonder about Simone and how she fit in all of this. But as of right now two of the Heroes are in love with her and really cares for Peter and that artist guy.

But right now I just love looking at her.... She's hawt...

NQ

LadyBozi
December 9th, 2006, 09:55 PM
But right now I just love looking at her.... She's hawt...

NQ

^^ to me I feel that that is All she is there for.. & to tell the truth she irritates me... =/

At first (epi. 1) I was like.. hmm I think I might like her character! =] but by the end... I was like.. OMG.. kick her off...

^_^;; I'm mean....

Marcus117
December 10th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I admit she does irritate me... and I don't find her hot either...

Still, I think my above speculation on her father has some merit. I hope she grows into the character and the series.

The actress herself is brilliant, it's just the character herself that needs some more development.

LadyBozi
December 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM
The actress herself is brilliant, it's just the character herself that needs some more development.

I second that.

Marcus117
December 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Thank you...

I'm glad we share the same opinion...

Xanderic
December 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Not everyone can be heroes. Zach's not a hero. Ando's not a hero Mohinder's not a hero. Why MUST you guys make Simone a hero?

Also, hero doesn't necessarily mean a person with superhuman powers.

Zach, Mohinder, Ando, and Simone are in essense their own heroes. Why can't they be sidekicks? Like Batman and Robin? You guys fuss too much.

Simone is irritating yes. But she did manage to get the painting back and she did show Peter the painting. Her intentions are good, so far.

Marcus117
December 11th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Well instead of having a go at us how about...

A) You give us evidence that she is not an Hero...
B) Make intelligent comments about the theories posted in this thread, or...
C) Not bother.

DavetheAvatar
December 11th, 2006, 06:40 AM
There isn't really any evidence either way is there? This is all pure speculation. Personally I don't think she has any abilities and so I submit to you:

a) Give me evidence that she IS a Hero...

Like Xanderic said, not everyone has to have powers to be a hero, so take my usage of hero to mean having superhuman abilities.

The Ori
December 11th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Or maybe she has a hero-sex head, where she CHOPS any hero she comes across, any money she'll be bangin Nathan now that she's come across him!!

Hahahahahahahahaha, I will kill you!

Doze
December 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
The whole reason I called her a Hero in the first place is that at the NBC she would be the only cast member listed that has not showed any powers. Link: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/cast/simone.shtml

I also think that if they are not on this list then they do not have powers or may not make it to next season.

Marcus117
December 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
There isn't really any evidence either way is there? This is all pure speculation. Personally I don't think she has any abilities and so I submit to you:

a) Give me evidence that she IS a Hero...

Like Xanderic said, not everyone has to have powers to be a hero, so take my usage of hero to mean having superhuman abilities.

Her father was having dreams about Peter and himself flying...

In this dream Peter told him all about the heroes, and how they would save the world.

Also, while being around her father Peter had dreams of himself flying also. My guess is that Peter, for his own dreams, was accidentally tuning into her fathers dreams via his ability to steal powers.

Her fathers power? Dreaming the future? Interpreting a persons destiny via their dreams?

Either way, we know that powers are to some degree inherited, so I'd say yes - Simone has powers.

When she realizes this, or what the power will be is anyones guess.

There you go... copy and pasted from higher up in this thread, previously posted by me. It's been shown that powers tend to be inherited, so either her father just happened to have a dream that was freakishly close to reality... and Peter just happened to have similar dreams when he was around him... or her father has some kind of power.

Ergo, I submit to you that given our current understanding of the shows mythos Simone is also an hero. It's much more conclusive and visible than her not being, since as you said there is NO evidence to support that... at least the above speculation is SOMETHING.

Xanderic
December 11th, 2006, 06:23 PM
The whole reason I called her a Hero in the first place is that at the NBC she would be the only cast member listed that has not showed any powers. Link: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/cast/simone.shtml

I also think that if they are not on this list then they do not have powers or may not make it to next season.

Mohinder Suresh is also listed but he doesn't have any powers either. His dreams are courtesy of Iyar, w/e the dream kid's name is.

You also do realize that it's not a Heroes list. It's just a CAST list. It doesn't list every single person on the cast either because they're not as important. They're recurring characters. Simone is probably considered more of a cast member than Zach or Ando since she's linked to not one, but 2 heroes- Isaac & Peter. Peter is also related to Nathan which makes her connected to 3 heroes. She also is a wealthy girl... her rich father is dead and she inherits his properties & wealth. Wealth, if you haven't noticed, plays into the storyline. Nathan's 4mill from Linderman. Niki/Jessica's 2mill from framing DL. Issac needs money from his paintings to get high. Matt probably really wanted to get more money as a detective than as a regular street cop. Claire's father seems to have a ****load of money to be running a large paper company and moving around so much. In the end, everything comes down to money.

NubianQueen
December 21st, 2006, 06:54 PM
Wow umm I never thought of that. She just seemed to be a broker for her ex-boyfriend Issac. A paint broker is one of those high end jobs where you only sell to wealthy people or people with obessesions with art and artifacts and the like.

Simone, Mr. Bennett and Mohinder are the non-hero characters that are linked to the primary Heroes.

NQ

Doze
December 22nd, 2006, 08:05 AM
Simone, Mr. Bennett and Mohinder are the non-hero characters that are linked to the primary Heroes.
I thought they keep talking about genetic stuff in the story line.
Simoneís father had something there for she could.
Mohinderís sister had something there for he could.
Mr. Bennett could have something but just has not showed any thing yet.

The Ori
December 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeh maybe she will develop one, because changes in the DNA can cause late effects, so maybe she will be one!!!

Trek_Girl42
December 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I agree that Simone shouldn't turn out to have abilities- one of the things that I really like is that not every character has an ability. One thing that I don't like is when people toss around the term "hero" as if it can only include a character with an ability. The characters who do not have abilities are just as heroic as those that do. :)

So, yes, Simone is a hero; she doesn't have any sort of super-ability.

Xanderic
December 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I agree that Simone shouldn't turn out to have abilities- one of the things that I really like is that not every character has an ability. One thing that I don't like is when people toss around the term "hero" as if it can only include a character with an ability. The characters who do not have abilities are just as heroic as those that do. :)

So, yes, Simone is a hero; she doesn't have any sort of super-ability.

Plus if every character had an ability, the show would go on a downfall very fast. The supporting characters are heroes with powers. What kind of supporting character is that? Every character would be a main character and a supporting character to another character. Not very interesting.

Trek_Girl42
December 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Plus if every character had an ability, the show would go on a downfall very fast. The supporting characters are heroes with powers. What kind of supporting character is that? Every character would be a main character and a supporting character to another character. Not very interesting.
Exactly, and it's more fun to see the interaction between the characters that have abilities, and those that don't. :)