X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiChannel News: SciFi confirms April

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6397512.html

Previously to this, there was only mention of it in TV Guide.

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

FOund that myself. I find the last paragraph the interesting one

In September, Sci Fi said it ordered a fourth season of spinoff Atlantis ... Sci Fi wouldn't comment on the scheduling move, but it would apparently see SG-1 series-ending episodes debut during the May ratings sweep period used to set ad rates.

Yes, yes, we get to suffer another week or several so they can hopefully squeeze more money out of advertisers, that is, if they've got an audience left

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

... And GateWorld.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        ... And GateWorld.
        But, your source was TV Guide, right?

Comment

Nope, the same SCI FI press release that Multichannel probably used.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

This April thing still really ticks me off. I can't believe we have to wait that long to see the rest of Season 10 of SG-1 and Season 3 of SGA. What a bunch of crap!
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

points to sig
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The most interesting information in this article which hasn't been mentioned anywhere else was the ad rates info.

Comment

Correction noted. Sorry.

Comment

I hate Sci-Fi! They could have at least allowed another network to buy the rights to SG-1!! They don't care about the fans!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                      I hate Sci-Fi! They could have at least allowed another network to buy the rights to SG-1!! They don't care about the fans!

Yeah, everything that has happen since August with the cancellation of SG1 shows how much more of a business this is then entertainment for the fans.
                      Sci-fi is taking a gamble that fans will tune in by the masses to see the last 10 episodes of SG1 which makes sense from a business standpoint, not so much from a fan standpoint, especially when episodes are airing in Canada and other counties before Sci-fi will actually get around to airing the episodes and alot of fans are going to watch based on feedback from those who have watched.
                      Sci-fi knows that Stagate fans are passionate about their shows and they are using that passion in hopes the fans will tune in and make the last 10 shows of SG1 the highest rated or pretty darn close.

I myself find it all very frustrating.

Anyway, thats my two cents worth.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

So if the show/s are starting in April with the back 10 where does this leave the start of Season 4 SGA? Will it start in July/August?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          So if the show/s are starting in April with the back 10 where does this leave the start of Season 4 SGA? Will it start in July/August?
                          Since they're starting production as usual (or at least, so it would seem), there's no reason for season 4not to start in July.

ETA: unless SciFi's head fall over adn they decide BSG gets the summer run and SGA gets the fall run.
                          Thankfully, the chances of that are slim to none.
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            Since they're starting production as usual (or at least, so it would seem), there's no reason for season 4not to start in July.
                            Well there was no reason (that I could see) for them not to show SGA this year or at least after Christmas. I know before SG-1 was cancelled everyone seemed to think Skiffy would show the new season/s (11/4) straight after the back half of the current season (10/3) but now anything seems possible. They may go with 10eps per year, I think Eureka is only 13eps a season and that was rating really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              Well there was no reason (that I could see) for them not to show SGA this year or at least after Christmas. I know before SG-1 was cancelled everyone seemed to think Skiffy would show the new season/s (11/4) straight after the back half of the current season (10/3) but now anything seems possible. They may go with 10eps per year, I think Eureka is only 13eps a season and that was rating really well.
                              As they've already renewed SGA, I suspect they renewed it for 20 episodes, or we woudl haev heard of it by now.
                              The reason behind SG1/SGA second half not showing as usual on January is because they want to have all year round programming, so they decided to air it on differnet patrs of the year than BSG. As to why not let BSG have a break as well and in the meantime show SG1/SGA, that's a good question, of which I ahve no answer (but then again, I think they're off their rocker as it is, so.)
                              Eureka wasn't rating very well - it started dropping for the last episodes. Usually, when a show is losing audiecne on its season finale, things aren;t as bright as they might seem. The anouncement of SGA's renewal came before those ratings were in, and befoer BSG's ratings went downhill as well, shwing the channel migth have to cut their expanes. However, if this trend continues to next year, I won't be surprised if we get a shortened season 5 (if at all) of SGA.
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                              X