PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Stargate SG-1 movies

prion
December 6th, 2006, 04:12 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Stargate-SG-1-Movies-Coming-4047.html

Not long ago Dean Devlin started floating the idea that he might make another
Stargate movie, one that ignored the sort of popular television
series. Unfortunately, that rumor has fallen by the wayside to be replaced by one
which has Hollywood cashing in on the inferior series and taking it to the
big screen.

Coming Soon caught up with ‘Stargate SG-1’ star Beau Bridges at a recent
junketn for The Good German. There Beau told them, "They're talking
about doing a couple of movies. I haven't actually signed on the dotted line, but
there is talk about it."

Apparently this is more than just idle chatter, since Bridges says that even
though he hasn’t seen it, he thinks they have the scripts finished. When or
how this will happen is unknown. Bridges had no further insight except to say
that he doesn’t think they’ll finish their final season and go straight into
making movies.

Flyboy
December 6th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Opinionated chap aint he?

prion
December 6th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Opinionated chap aint he?

He belongs on this board ;)

MediaSavant
December 6th, 2006, 06:21 AM
One more potential movie castmember who says there's discussion, but no "signing". The only thing we've heard for sure is that Amanda is doing Atlantis.

I'm beginning to wonder if these are going to go into production in first quarter.

Farscapefan
December 6th, 2006, 08:10 AM
One more potential movie castmember who says there's discussion, but no "signing". The only thing we've heard for sure is that Amanda is doing Atlantis.

I'm beginning to wonder if these are going to go into production in first quarter.

Probably not. I've read in another thread they're going to shoot them May/June.

Flyboy
December 6th, 2006, 08:46 AM
He belongs on this board ;)
Before I take undue offence... was that a dig at me over the Carter stuff?

Really, I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm asking so I can clarify.

grasshopper64
December 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM

Exactly, not that I know anything about contracts and all that, but if they were hoping to start filming in March as I thought they were then they're cutting it a bit fine, surely they would have had signings or at least contracts offered to the actors by now. Come next year many of them may already be doing other things......
Plus that they apparently haven't even talked to RDA, who knows what's going on with TPTB right now, maybe I'm just reading too much into this:)

SaberBlade
December 6th, 2006, 10:02 AM
The inferior series? This guys have truely never watched one episode as the series has far surpassed the movie.

Having the scripts done already is surprising, so I wouldn't be surprised if these movies turn out to be a bigger budget version of what they planned for season 11, and for the midseason break.

Pitry
December 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Yup, same guy who published an "A Dog's Breakfast" piece only to spend it all complaining how they took all the inferior cast members instead of the superior Farscape stars.

Lovely chap.

As for the scripts being finished, shoudl't they first see who they're writing for and then write them?...

MediaSavant
December 6th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Exactly, not that I know anything about contracts and all that, but if they were hoping to start filming in March as I thought they were then they're cutting it a bit fine, surely they would have had signings or at least contracts offered to the actors by now. Come next year many of them may already be doing other things......
Plus that they apparently haven't even talked to RDA, who knows what's going on with TPTB right now, maybe I'm just reading too much into this:)

I'm sure more then a few castmembers will want to participate in pilot casting season in LA, which is in the late winter.

Darren
December 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM
This piece reads like the author thinks he's breaking a big story and got all sorts of wonderful news out of Beau. In fact the SG-1 movies have been widely known for months -- he alludes to it as a rumor, despite the fact that the story was first reported in TV Guide with a concrete quote from executive producer Brad Wright.

And the one Season Ten episode that Beau said something about ... aired last August. "Uninvited." Oops.

Good try, Cinema Blend, but a quick trip to Google will help you know a little bit about what you are talking about.

the fifth man
December 6th, 2006, 11:46 PM
This piece reads like the author thinks he's breaking a big story and got all sorts of wonderful news out of Beau. In fact the SG-1 movies have been widely known for months -- he alludes to it as a rumor, despite the fact that the story was first reported in TV Guide with a concrete quote from executive producer Brad Wright.

And the one Season Ten episode that Beau said something about ... aired last August. "Uninvited." Oops.

Good try, Cinema Blend, but a quick trip to Google will help you know a little bit about what you are talking about.

LMAO!!!:D You tell em, Darren.

Dream-a-Little
December 7th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I'm sure more then a few castmembers will want to participate in pilot casting season in LA, which is in the late winter.

And May/June would fit right between pilot season and the start date of any new series they might be cast in. Most new shows go into production July/August.

Still, MGM seems very commitment phobic. Maybe they're going to go with puppets after all. ;)

Pitry
December 7th, 2006, 06:23 AM
And May/June would fit right between pilot season and the start date of any new series they might be cast in. Most new shows go into production July/August.

Still, MGM seems very commitment phobic. Maybe they're going to go with puppets after all. ;)

Or a younger, edgier version of the team? :)

L-JADE
December 10th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Or a younger, edgier version of the team? :)

:eek: Stargate OC-1 ?? :eek:

the fifth man
December 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM
:eek: Stargate OC-1 ?? :eek:

Screw that!:eek: No way.

Nile
December 22nd, 2006, 09:50 AM
It's a great pity to finish SG1 by 2 movies in dvd.

I would prefer the TV show finishing would be in 2 movies for cinema... ;)

http://www.scifi2u.com/images/stargate/sta_pic_gallery6.jpg

http://www.cameleontv.com/img/series/stargate.jpg

http://www.spacecast.com/images/Shows/SG1_img1.jpg

SG1 forever...

Ganthet Jr.
December 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
It's a great pity to finish SG1 by 2 movies in dvd.

I would prefer the TV show finishing would be in 2 movies for cinema...[/B]

The newest news bulletin on the main GW page has announced that the SG-1 movies will continue, with about one a year. Woo!

STC
December 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
I hope these movies have RDA in them, because if we get more of the same ol' same Season 9 (yawn) or 10 (bigger yawn) these movies won't do nearly as well.

Put RDA in them and those of us who miss him terribly will buy the DVD just to see him again. Forget him, and we'll forget to buy the DVD.

Farscapefan
December 22nd, 2006, 01:33 PM
I hope these movies have RDA in them, because if we get more of the same ol' same Season 9 (yawn) or 10 (bigger yawn) these movies won't do nearly as well.

Put RDA in them and those of us who miss him terribly will buy the DVD just to see him again. Forget him, and we'll forget to buy the DVD.

If RDA is in ANY of them I for sure WILL NOT buy any of them. And season 9 and 10 are my personal favourite.

smurf
December 22nd, 2006, 01:46 PM
The newest news bulletin on the main GW page has announced that the SG-1 movies will continue, with about one a year. Woo!
Only if these two upcoming DVDs do well.

Ganthet Jr.
December 22nd, 2006, 01:55 PM

Ahh, very true.

TheUnknown
December 22nd, 2006, 03:10 PM

I expect them to do well. Didn't the Season 9 DVD's reach #6 on Amazon, or something like that?

smurf
December 23rd, 2006, 04:49 AM
Not sure, I thought that the previous seasons' DVDs did better than the last couple of seasons (at full price).
I think they're expecting equivalent sales to the DVD box sets now, and I think that might be a big ask if the DVD movies aren't aired on television to remind people of the show's existance.

Neorapsta
December 23rd, 2006, 05:57 AM
No offence but even if the movies do well, only having 2 hours of SG-1 a year will kill it off in the end.

Pitry
December 23rd, 2006, 06:39 AM
It's hard to know exactly what the figures are - especially that as this is a question of profit for MGM, the international market does come into play. At the end of the day, Amazon's figures change every day, but they're not the only ones selling it, especially world wide. I odn't think anyone outside of MGM knows the true figures.

full.infinity
December 23rd, 2006, 08:33 AM

I hope the first one doesn't have RDA as more than a cameo but the second one does.

Neorapsta
December 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'd rather they write a good story than cram something together just to please the RDA fanatics. If I enjoy the story I won't care who 'forgot' the buy it cos it didn't have 1 actor in it.

the fifth man
December 23rd, 2006, 11:54 PM
Personally, I think these movies will do well. And I'll take whatever SG-1 in the future I can get. If it's only one movie a year or so, I guess I'll learn to be satisfied with that.

By the way, Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it. Have a very happy holiday.:)

scapephile
December 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I find the Ori boring so am glad they will be wrapped up! I like Baal and always have ---he interacts well with SG1 and allows for some humor as well as we always know he has some agenda. I hope the dvds do well so the actors will draw the attention of producers for other projects as well.

angie
benbrowder.net

Halzman
December 24th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I personally feel that the direct-to-dvd route would probably be the best. I mean, a majority of people who want the saga to continue are die hard fans, people that know the entire series in and out, so for me to have the opportunity to get the movies as soon as they come out, thats pretty cool.

But I do have to agree that if the movies are 2 hours long, and they plan to do a movie a year with great dvd sales, it will kill it off.

Lets figure this out. An episode is about 45 min long, and there are 20 episodes a season (some had 22). Thats 15 hours of stargate a year with each season. What i think they should do, well to be more exact, what i would like to see done is that they kinda turn the movies into mini-series. Like release 2 movies a year, each split into parts. So if movie #1 is 4 hours long, it'll contain 4 chapters or what not and then the other 4 could continue another story in movie #2 or pick up from the first one.

I mean it takes about 1 week to film a 45 min episode - so a 2 month filming time for each year. To me it seems doable, I would personally love to see this.

I mean, theres just so much that can be looked at, going back through the 10 years of stargate. And then theres the ancients themselves. Theres millions and millions of years of history that could potentially be there for new ideas and what not.

Just my thoughts. Hope TPTB are reading this in there chairs saying to themselves, "hmm... thats a pretty freakin sweet idea".

Let me know what you think!

And happy holidays everyone :)

STC
January 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I'd rather they write a good story than cram something together just to please the RDA fanatics. If I enjoy the story I won't care who 'forgot' the buy it cos it didn't have 1 actor in it.

A good story (and RDA) would be nice for a change! So far I haven't seen an episode that I would rate as 'must see'. I still find the cast changes irksome and discordant, and yes it would be nice to see RDA, but not DUMB Jack. I don't know why he or TPTB think that's funny.

Others have said that two movies a year would be the end of the series; I have to agree..........Out of site is out of mind. Personally I think the franchise owner (MGM??) is out of their minds, because it is a real cash cow. Sorry to be frank, but Paramount screwed around with the Star Trek franchise and didn't do anything to help 'Enterprise'.

This is going to the do the same thing to the Stargate franchise unless those who are in the position to create more ie Brad Wright/Robert Cooper and yes Michael Greenburg and RDA buy the rights!!

ses110
January 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM
RDA fanatics are a big reason the Show even lasted as long as it did.How did the Show do with Mitchell Vala and Daniel fanatics? Let's see how many SG-1 Movies we get without RDA.I'm not sure why some people get bent out of shape at the mention of RDA and RDA being in the Movies.If RDA is not needed why did Season 9 and 10 tank soo much? The only reason there was a Season 10 was because SciFi wanted the 200th episode.Why the news about SG-1 being cancelled right after the 200th episode? Let's calm down on the RDA bashing please.Especially from people who have only watched SG-1 for two years and think they know the Show and will never say anything bad about episodes in Season 9 and 10 since BB and CB are on the Show.

nell
January 6th, 2007, 11:47 AM

I wholeheartedly agree!

nell
January 6th, 2007, 11:48 AM
If RDA is in ANY of them I for sure WILL NOT buy any of them. And season 9 and 10 are my personal favourite.

I'm sure Cam and Vala will be in the movies. There's enough room for Classic and Neo-SG-1!

ses110
January 6th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I think there will be very few Fans who do not buy the Movies if RDA appears.

nell
January 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
A good story (and RDA) would be nice for a change! So far I haven't seen an episode that I would rate as 'must see'. I still find the cast changes irksome and discordant, and yes it would be nice to see RDA, but not DUMB Jack. I don't know why he or TPTB think that's funny.

Others have said that two movies a year would be the end of the series; I have to agree..........Out of site is out of mind. Personally I think the franchise owner (MGM??) is out of their minds, because it is a real cash cow. Sorry to be frank, but Paramount screwed around with the Star Trek franchise and didn't do anything to help 'Enterprise'.

This is going to the do the same thing to the Stargate franchise unless those who are in the position to create more ie Brad Wright/Robert Cooper and yes Michael Greenburg and RDA buy the rights!!

Yep, as much as I want RDA to be in the movies, no dumb Jack! I know that with the right story, RDA and the present cast can co-exist with storylines to meet all fans' interests. A mini-series is what I hope for!

ccdsah
January 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Still I'm sad that Stargate "beached" in DVD-movies that would cost less than some music-videos...

iLemon
January 8th, 2007, 05:38 AM

Speak for yourself. With or without RDA I'm sure a lot of us will still enjoy the movie and as for S9 and S10; imo they are getting better by the episode.

Personally, I think these movies will do well. And I'll take whatever SG-1 in the future I can get. If it's only one movie a year or so, I guess I'll learn to be satisfied with that.
I'll be satisfied too, it's not a series but, in the words of Mal Reynold- "it's enough" :)
SG1 isn't dying people, we have two movies on the way and if they do well we'll have more AND there's the likelihood of a 3rd spin-off. Even if RDA isn't in them I'll keep watching and I'm sure a lot of us here will too otherwise S9 and S10 wouldn't have done so well. Maybe RDA will be back one day but if we kill off SG1 then there wont be a chance for that to happen. Dont give up hope!

ccdsah
January 8th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Speak for yourself. With or without RDA I'm sure a lot of us will still enjoy the movie and as for S9 and S10; imo they are getting better by the episode. I miss RDA too but it's his own choice whether or not he wants to come back, and to those who are creating petitions, it's not going to make a difference.

I'll be satisfied too, it's not a series but, in the words of Mal Reynold- "it's enough" :)
SG1 isn't dying people, we have two movies on the way and if they do well we'll have more AND there's the likelihood of a 3rd spin-off. Even if RDA isn't in them I'll keep watching and I'm sure a lot of us here will too otherwise S9 and S10 wouldn't have done so well. To the people who dont like the fact that RDA may not be there, it's the man's own choice, let him be!

I don't know if you're aware of the fact that at Avalon RDA said he'd like to come back but TPTB hadn't approached him for the movies...
If you recall he wanted to come back for 5 SG-1 episodes and look how he was underused this season...

iLemon
January 8th, 2007, 05:51 AM
I don't know if you're aware of the fact that at Avalon RDA said he'd like to come back but TPTB hadn't approached him for the movies...
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll change my post.

the fifth man
January 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Yep, as much as I want RDA to be in the movies, no dumb Jack! I know that with the right story, RDA and the present cast can co-exist with storylines to meet all fans' interests. A mini-series is what I hope for!

I couldn't agree more.:) There is more than enough room for all of them, as long as the storyline uses them all effectively. I don't want people around "just to be around."

flynn1959
January 9th, 2007, 12:33 AM
RDA fanatics are a big reason the Show even lasted as long as it did.How did the Show do with Mitchell Vala and Daniel fanatics? Let's see how many SG-1 Movies we get without RDA.I'm not sure why some people get bent out of shape at the mention of RDA and RDA being in the Movies.If RDA is not needed why did Season 9 and 10 tank soo much? The only reason there was a Season 10 was because SciFi wanted the 200th episode.Why the news about SG-1 being cancelled right after the 200th episode? Let's calm down on the RDA bashing please.Especially from people who have only watched SG-1 for two years and think they know the Show and will never say anything bad about episodes in Season 9 and 10 since BB and CB are on the Show.

I think it would be nice to have RDA there in the movies to see the team off through the gate but I just don't think it's at all believable to show a man his age going into combat, it just doesn't happen. As much as I loved Jack in the early years he is much too old for an action part now, the man is almost 60!! I think his recent appearance on Atlantis showed just what a bad idea putting him in an action situation was.

ses110
January 9th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Harrison Ford is 64 and he is going to be doing another Indiana Jones.I think RDA would be fine for the Movies.

ccdsah
January 9th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I think it would be nice to have RDA there in the movies to see the team off through the gate but I just don't think it's at all believable to show a man his age going into combat, it just doesn't happen. As much as I loved Jack in the early years he is much too old for an action part now, the man is almost 60!! I think his recent appearance on Atlantis showed just what a bad idea putting him in an action situation was.

Harrison Ford is 64 and he is going to be doing another Indiana Jones.I think RDA would be fine for the Movies.

You're right ses110, and besides this is sci-fi (Teal'c is 100+ FCOL)... They could do it if they really want to

ses110
January 9th, 2007, 06:50 AM
It's interesting to hear the reasons some come up with when they do not want RDA in the Movies or they want very little involvement from RDA.It's TPTB call.If they want to upset a large part of the Fanbase and risk losing big money for the Movies then leave RDA out.

flynn1959
January 9th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Oh no, really? I think that is terrible news, I love those movies but Harrison Ford is far too old for the role. RDA will be fine in the movies but not in the thick of the action. IJ is a civilian and could just about get away with it I suppose but O'Neill is military and I don't think Generals of that age go into battle. I could be wrong though, it has been known!!

flynn1959
January 9th, 2007, 08:29 AM
It's interesting to hear the reasons some come up with when they do not want RDA in the Movies or they want very little involvement from RDA.It's TPTB call.If they want to upset a large part of the Fanbase and risk losing big money for the Movies then leave RDA out.

See, I just don't get that. The dvd's for season 9 and 10 have sold just as well as season 7 and 8, surely they should not have done that if RDA was that big a draw? I myself will buy the movies as long as they feature SG1, all of them, Daniel, Teal'c, Vala, Carter and Mitchell. I would like to see Jack as well but not as a member of the team, that time has passed.

Unamed
January 9th, 2007, 08:43 AM
once we are getting some sg1 continuation i am happy. wether or not this is with rda i dont mind. I loved the show with jack and i find myself rewatching old eps again and again just for his parts, his humour and attitude is what originally attracted me to stargate. Having said that i love the new team dynamic too, i think mitchell is a great and very different character than jack despite what some ppl say. so however it turns out i personly will be happy, but for the shows sake and for the benifit of sg1 continuing i hope rda is cast, action part or not.

Hubble
January 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM
See, I just don't get that. The dvd's for season 9 and 10 have sold just as well as season 7 and 8, surely they should not have done that if RDA was that big a draw? I myself will buy the movies as long as they feature SG1, all of them, Daniel, Teal'c, Vala, Carter and Mitchell. I would like to see Jack as well but not as a member of the team, that time has passed.

They don't have any DVDs of S10 out yet since it's only half over. Can you cite your source regarding sales of S9 DVDs in comparison with S7 and 8?

I saw the Return, Part II and thought RDA was great in it. I don't think the fact that someone is 57 means their time has passed.

grasshopper64
January 9th, 2007, 09:49 AM

DVDs for S10 won't be out probably until next year and in some places S9 isn't out yet, so how can you say?
The ratings for S9 &10 have been much reduced compared to earlier seasons.

Personally I thought RDA did a great job in the Return Pt2 and his age is immaterial:) Frankly I get a little fed up with people going on about his age.
I don't see why he couldn't be in action in at least one of the movies, TPTB could write him in if they wanted to, it would be up to them to write a decent part for him.

The fanbase is divided enough as it is right now, if TPTB want to sell a decent amount of DVDs they should try and include everyone.

Hubble
January 9th, 2007, 10:22 AM
DVDs for S10 won't be out probably until next year and in some places S9 isn't out yet, so how can you say?

Personally I thought RDA did a great job in the Return Pt2 and his age is immaterial:) Frankly I get a little fed up with people going on about his age. I don't see why he couldn't be in action in at least one of the movies, TPTB could write him in if they wanted to, it would be up to them to write a decent part for him.

The fanbase is divided enough as it is right now, if TPTB want to sell a decent amount of DVDs they should try and include everyone.

There have been a fair amount of comments about RDA's age; him "looking" older; gaining weight, how he's too old to be in the action, etc. I've got to wonder if many of those fans who make those comments are either pretty young or if the "hunk" factor is a big deal to them.

While it's certainly nice to see youngish hunks on the screen, I think it's just as nice to see older, not so hunky, well-written characters in a good storyline. Neither G'Kar nor Londo on Babylon 5 could be considered young or hunkish, yet they are two of my all-time favorite characters; I loved their interaction. I think G'Kar's growth and evolution was one of the most fascinating, well-written arcs I've ever seen.

I agree, including RDA in the movies would seem to make good business sense since he does have many fans who would be more inclined to by the DVDs if he were in the movies. I've heard people say they have no interest in buying the DVD if RDA isn't in it, but haven't heard anyone say they would refuse to buy it if he WAS in it.

It's puzzling to me why he hasn't been asked to be in the first movie.

Farscapefan
January 9th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Couldn't agree more. I felt really sorry for him. And he does LOOK OLD and IS OLD.

ccdsah
January 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
There have been a fair amount of comments about RDA's age; him "looking" older; gaining weight, how he's too old to be in the action, etc. I've got to wonder if many of those fans who make those comments are either pretty young or if the "hunk" factor is a big deal to them.

While it's certainly nice to see youngish hunks on the screen, I think it's just as nice to see older, not so hunky, well-written characters in a good storyline. Neither G'Kar nor Londo on Babylon 5 could be considered young or hunkish, yet they are two of my all-time favorite characters; I loved their interaction. I think G'Kar's growth and evolution was one of the most fascinating, well-written arcs I've ever seen.

I agree, including RDA in the movies would seem to make good business sense since he does have many fans who would be more inclined to by the DVDs if he were in the movies. I've heard people say they have no interest in buying the DVD if RDA isn't in it, but haven't heard anyone say they would refuse to buy it if he WAS in it.

It's puzzling to me why he hasn't been asked to be in the first movie.

Not that puzzling to me as that decission came from the same PTB that chose to use him in 3 SGA epis and only one SG-1 (I don't count "200") and not using him in the finale (I for one really wanted to know what happened to :jack: in 20 40 years...; yet they used :mckay: :eek: )

Farscapefan
January 9th, 2007, 11:33 AM

Season 10 hasn't been released on DVD yet. I hope it's going to be March this year for the first volume of season 10 in UK :)

ses110
January 9th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks Hubble.I'll be shocked if Season 9 is selling better than 7 8 or any of the earlier Seasons.I wonder how many people who do not want RDA in the movies are Farscape Fans and think Season 9 and 10 are the best ever? First it's the Jack character has no story and now RDA is too old.What is the next reason against RDA going to be?

Hubble
January 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Couldn't agree more. I felt really sorry for him. And he does LOOK OLD and IS OLD.

I must say, Kalliope, that I think Rick looks fantastic compared to the other 57 year old men around, and I don't think you need to feel sorry for him.

Considering that he hasn't been approached to be in the first movie, I suspect you needn't worry about his "old age" ruining things for you. I'm guessing it will be full of Daniel/Vala. Having said that, D/V is not a popular pairing with everyone; IMO, it's as polarizing as S/J. So if the first movie with D/V shoved to the forefront in the Ori storyline doesn't do well, it may well determine whether they do another movie or not.

ShardsofGlass
January 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I just saw that the new movie is on IMDB. It only shows MS, CJ, and BBrowder as cast members, but IMDB certainly isn't the last word in accuracy. One interesting thing, however, is that next to Ben's name it says "(attached)". Does anyone know why it says that? MS and CJ don't have that there. Maybe Ben hasn't signed his contract yet or something? Anyway, check it out.

the fifth man
January 12th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Hubble.I'll be shocked if Season 9 is selling better than 7 8 or any of the earlier Seasons.I wonder how many people who do not want RDA in the movies are Farscape Fans and think Season 9 and 10 are the best ever? First it's the Jack character has no story and now RDA is too old.What is the next reason against RDA going to be?

I'm a huge Farscape fan. I loved Season 9 and the first half of Season 10 of SG-1. But I love the previous 8 seasons of SG-1 as well. I would have loved RDA to be in both movies, if his role was substantial and important to the overall storylines.

RealmOfX
January 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
They don't have any DVDs of S10 out yet since it's only half over. Can you cite your source regarding sales of S9 DVDs in comparison with S7 and 8?

I saw the Return, Part II and thought RDA was great in it. I don't think the fact that someone is 57 means their time has passed.

I don't expect a reference from the poster because there isn't one. As you have said S10 isn't even released yet. Sales data on DVD's isn't usually made public by a company whether it be by volume or profit.

As for RDA, he did the underwater scenes himself, no stand in. Not bad for an old bloke ;)

Personally I thought RDA did a great job in the Return Pt2 and his age is immaterial:) Frankly I get a little fed up with people going on about his age.
I don't see why he couldn't be in action in at least one of the movies, TPTB could write him in if they wanted to, it would be up to them to write a decent part for him.

Well there are quite a few shallow people in this world. Me personally, I'll judge an actor on their performance rather than looks or age.

I'm all for having a bit of something for everyone, makes sense if you want / need large numbers to make your project profitable.

See above

Please don't judge Farscape fans on the basis of some of the comments here on GW. There are quite a few discerning ones about, however as in any fandom there is the occasional nutter to be found ;)

I'm a huge Farscape fan. I loved Season 9 and the first half of Season 10 of SG-1. But I love the previous 8 seasons of SG-1 as well. I would have loved RDA to be in both movies, if his role was substantial and important to the overall storylines.

Whereas this Farscape fan has S9 on the bottom of my ranking list with S10 so far being a much better outing and will rank it higher. I hope that they include substantial and important parts for all the main characters and I still consider O'Neill to be a main character as he is such an integral part of SG-1.

quicksilver
January 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for pointing that out about the DVD sales. Sometimes I think that whatever axe some people have to grind they'll use any discussion to further their viewpoint. So people who were upset when RDA took off time to be with his family are quick to believe that MGM won't approach him to be on the movies. Of course they will approach him. He is a bankable commodity as are all the other cast members.

PG15
January 14th, 2007, 06:16 PM
He's already been approached.

RealmOfX
January 14th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for pointing that out about the DVD sales. Sometimes I think that whatever axe some people have to grind they'll use any discussion to further their viewpoint. So people who were upset when RDA took off time to be with his family are quick to believe that MGM won't approach him to be on the movies. Of course they will approach him. He is a bankable commodity as are all the other cast members.

Yup, I agree with the axe to grind bit - some people even make up stuff like non existent DVD sales :rolleyes:

prion
January 15th, 2007, 07:37 AM
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&
newsId=20070115005421&newsLang=en

MGM Greenlights New Stargate Movies

Studio Continues Record Breaking Franchise by Releasing “Stargate: The Ark of
Truth” and “Stargate: Continuum”

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM)
announced today the extension of the hit “Stargate SG-1” franchise with two movies
based on the popular series. Titled “Stargate: The Ark of Truth” and “Stargate:
Continuum”, the movies will both be made available to the television universe
and home entertainment marketplace by MGM. The announcement was made by
Charles Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President, MGM.

"`Stargate SG-1' is to MGM Television what the ‘James Bond,’ ‘Pink Panther’
and the ‘Rocky’ franchises are to our feature film unit," said Cohen. "We
are committed to continuing to release new SG-1 content and its `Stargate
Atlantis' spin-off, and we're also steadfast in our dedication to extending the
franchise. ‘Stargate’ is an indelible brand for MGM and we will support it well
into the future."

With its high quality production values, long-term stability in the show's
leadership and strong chemistry between the lead actors in the series, all of
whom have big audience appeal, “Stargate SG-1” is the longest-running
science-fiction series in U.S. TV history. The series has a strong worldwide fan base
and can be seen in over 120 countries. “Stargate SG-1” cast members Ben
Browder, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are
confirmed to star in both movies. Written and produced by Brad Wright and Robert
Cooper, the new movies will feature the latest visual and sound effects,
providing viewers with a theatrical movie-going experience.

In the first movie, “Stargate: The Ark of Truth” will bring a conclusion to
the primary storyline of the past two seasons of the SG-1 television series.
More thrills and action-packed scenes are planned for this special event movie,
which will be directed by Cooper. The suspense will end as fans will see the
conclusion of the epic Ori saga.

In the second movie, “Stargate: Continuum” the SG-1 team is now free to
embark on new and exciting adventures throughout the endless Stargate universe.

Below are the synopses for the new “Stargate” movies:

"Stargate: The Ark of Truth"

As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the
armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the
supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact,
the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the
Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The IOA has a plan of their own and
SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies.

"Stargate: Continuum"

While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba'al, the last of the goa'uld system
lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and
Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate
program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities
what's happened, a fleet of goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by
Ba'al, his queen, Katesh, (Vala) and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the
Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the goa'uld.

About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and
distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video,
interactive media, music and licensed merchandise. The company owns the world’s largest
library of modern films, comprising around 4,000 titles. Operating units
include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc.,
United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc.,
MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc.,
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC, MGM ON STAGE, MGM Music, MGM Consumer
Products and MGM Interactive. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in
international TV channels reaching nearly 110 countries. MGM ownership is as follows:
Providence Equity Partners (29%), Texas Pacific Group (21%), Sony Corporation of
America (20%), Comcast (20%), DLJ Merchant Banking Partners (7%) and
Quadrangle Group (3%). For more information, visit www.mgm.com.

nihela
January 15th, 2007, 07:44 AM
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&
newsId=20070115005421&newsLang=en

MGM Greenlights New Stargate Movies

Studio Continues Record Breaking Franchise by Releasing “Stargate: The Ark of
Truth” and “Stargate: Continuum”

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM)
announced today the extension of the hit “Stargate SG-1” franchise with two movies
based on the popular series. Titled “Stargate: The Ark of Truth” and “Stargate:
Continuum”, the movies will both be made available to the television universe
and home entertainment marketplace by MGM. The announcement was made by
Charles Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President, MGM.

"`Stargate SG-1' is to MGM Television what the ‘James Bond,’ ‘Pink Panther’
and the ‘Rocky’ franchises are to our feature film unit," said Cohen. "We
are committed to continuing to release new SG-1 content and its `Stargate
Atlantis' spin-off, and we're also steadfast in our dedication to extending the
franchise. ‘Stargate’ is an indelible brand for MGM and we will support it well
into the future."

With its high quality production values, long-term stability in the show's
leadership and strong chemistry between the lead actors in the series, all of
whom have big audience appeal, “Stargate SG-1” is the longest-running
science-fiction series in U.S. TV history. The series has a strong worldwide fan base
and can be seen in over 120 countries. “Stargate SG-1” cast members Ben
Browder, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are
confirmed to star in both movies. Written and produced by Brad Wright and Robert
Cooper, the new movies will feature the latest visual and sound effects,
providing viewers with a theatrical movie-going experience.

In the first movie, “Stargate: The Ark of Truth” will bring a conclusion to
the primary storyline of the past two seasons of the SG-1 television series.
More thrills and action-packed scenes are planned for this special event movie,
which will be directed by Cooper. The suspense will end as fans will see the
conclusion of the epic Ori saga.

In the second movie, “Stargate: Continuum” the SG-1 team is now free to
embark on new and exciting adventures throughout the endless Stargate universe.

Below are the synopses for the new “Stargate” movies:

"Stargate: The Ark of Truth"

As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the
armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the
supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact,
the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the
Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The IOA has a plan of their own and
SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies.

"Stargate: Continuum"

While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba'al, the last of the goa'uld system
lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and
Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate
program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities
what's happened, a fleet of goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by
Ba'al, his queen, Katesh, (Vala) and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the
Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the goa'uld.

About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and
distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video,
interactive media, music and licensed merchandise. The company owns the world’s largest
library of modern films, comprising around 4,000 titles. Operating units
include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc.,
United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc.,
MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc.,
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC, MGM ON STAGE, MGM Music, MGM Consumer
Products and MGM Interactive. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in
international TV channels reaching nearly 110 countries. MGM ownership is as follows:
Providence Equity Partners (29%), Texas Pacific Group (21%), Sony Corporation of
America (20%), Comcast (20%), DLJ Merchant Banking Partners (7%) and
Quadrangle Group (3%). For more information, visit www.mgm.com.

Where's Jack in this scripts ???
I have a feeling that if they'll bring RDA it will be only a very small part :(

SGFerrit
January 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
^^ Well nothing has been confirmed yet, so they can't add him in. I expect (If he says yes) that in the 2nd movie SG-1 will consist of him, Sam, Cam and Daniel, trying to save Vala and Teal'c.

"The IOA has a plan of their own and
SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies."

TWO powerfull enemies?

I'm getting more excited about these films every day!

prion
January 15th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Where's Jack in this scripts ???
I have a feeling that if they'll bring RDA it will be only a very small part :(

They are hoping to get RDA in at least one movie, but there is NO guarantee. It's a business, as Wright said, and it will depend on availability and no doubt, how much they're willing to pay to get RDA back.

the fifth man
January 15th, 2007, 06:44 PM
They are hoping to get RDA in at least one movie, but there is NO guarantee. It's a business, as Wright said, and it will depend on availability and no doubt, how much they're willing to pay to get RDA back.

I would love to see RDA in at least one of the Stargate movies. But only if he had a real role to play. I'd want a bit of the "O'Neill of old" again.

Colonel Eriksen
January 29th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Is Richard Dean Anderson Major General Jack O'Neill goging to be on the movie

the fifth man
January 29th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Is Richard Dean Anderson Major General Jack O'Neill goging to be on the movie

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any further word on whether or not RDA will be in either of the SG-1 movies.