Godsend (112) - Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godsend (112) - Spoilers and Speculation

Woah. I just caught the latest episode and thought it was the best one yet. It also gave a clear indication that we're now moving on the part II of this season's arc: Save the World. Despite (or b/c of!) the long break ahead till Jan 22, I figure we can discuss specific spoilers for the next ep here while continuing to speculate on what happens with the rest of the season (story/characters) elsewhere.

Here's what we know about Ep 12 thus far (TV.com/IMDB title: Godsend):

Description: Some of the cliffhangers from the last episode are resolved. Claude, a new hero is introduced. He will offer a different view of the recent changes that have happened in the human evolutionary process. He'll also meet Peter. Source: TV.com. Will update with NBC's official one when released.

Previews: All early previews here. Will update more links as they come available.

Spoilers to date:
    Spoiler:
    - Sylar is still under HRG's captivity despite momentarily breaking out of his cell after Eden shot herself (preview)
    - Mohinder and Matt both confront HRG, presumably about his work and knowledge about powers (preview). Also thanks to Mohinder, the cops now have access to Papa Suresh's list - setting the stage for more new heroes to be introduced during the break (weekly webcomics) and beyond (from Ep 11, Fallout)
    - Niki/Jessica is in prison and gets into some altercation with the cops (preview)
    - Claire has at least one more episode with Zach - but what does he remember? (preview)
    - Hiro finds his SWORD!!! (preview)
    - Peter is bed-ridden in a very large room - is it really a hospital or does HRG have him?! (preview)
    - Claude, an invisible man played by British actor Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who), appears Jan. 22. "He's been living with his invisibility for many years and has come to grips with it, so he'll give us a different view into this hero world," [Tim] Kring explains. "He's big, imposing and charismatic, and will become a mentor to Peter — albeit a tough, reluctant and stern one. He'll help Peter learn to use and control his powers." Source: TV Guide Online
    - A new recurring character will be introduced in episode 12. He is an intense and wise mentor with an edge named Claude. He is said to be an imposing man with a gruff exterior. Supposedly, someone we will grow to love. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
    - This episode will feature two possibly new recurring characters Aron Malsky, an accountant-type man who works for a powerful man and has no problem doing dirty work, and an overworked and not really successful public defender. FBI agents are investigating several murders that have occurred under mysterious circumstances. An athletic prison guard gets beaten up by an inmate. A SWAT team invades the offices of a large company. Source: SpoilerFix.com
    Last edited by lostinspace; 03 January 2007, 09:59 PM. Reason: Preview updates
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

I found a larger screen cap of Isaac's Hiro and dino painting:

I've seen lots of wild theories going around about Hiro fighting a dino (maybe he goes waaaaay back in time, this is a new shape-shifting power, etc.).

My initial guess is rather more straightforward: This is simply a clue on where to find the sword. Having lived in NYC before (and frequented the many museums), my bet is Hiro goes to the Natural History Museum's infamous dinosaur exhibit where he may encounter "resistance" but will emerge triumphant, wielding his sword.... and spoilers suggest till will happen in this ep - Ep 12 (Godsend or whatever).

Comment

Well, that's definitely interesting news that
      Spoiler:
      HRG still has Sylar under custody, I wonder how he recaptured him? Unless, Sylar doesn't want to escape, and wants to stick around to get at Claire....

Comment

Originally posted by somedude View Post
        Well, that's definitely interesting news that
        Spoiler:
        HRG still has Sylar under custody, I wonder how he recaptured him? Unless, Sylar doesn't want to escape, and wants to stick around to get at Claire....
        I actually saw that scene in the comics before the preview confirmed it. Check out http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novel_011.shtml - it clearly shows what happens right after Eden shoots herself.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
          I actually saw that scene in the comics before the preview confirmed it. Check out http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novel_011.shtml - it clearly shows what happens right after Eden shoots herself.
          But the comic doesn't say anything to the effect that
          Spoiler:
          Sylar is still in custody.
          It says that Eden shot herself to prevent Sylar from getting her powers, but I didn't see anything else, unless I skipped a line?

Comment

Originally posted by somedude View Post
            But the comic doesn't say anything to the effect that
            Spoiler:
            Sylar is still in custody.
            It says that Eden shot herself to prevent Sylar from getting her powers, but I didn't see anything else, unless I skipped a line?
            Did you miss a page?! Urmm... see page 4 after the chapter title. It clearly shows a flashback sequence for the scene at the cell:
            Spoiler:

- Sylar's holding a dead!Eden, while HRG and the Haitian come running in
            - They shoot Sylar with these tranquilizer/taser like things
            - The Haitian carries an unconscious Sylar out while HRG cradles Eden in his arms

The preview also clearly shows Sylar and HRG together.

Comment

ohhh... yap, Sylar will be there for some time.
              and HRG outshines himself in this comic... that last order to Haitian... damn.
              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Did you miss a page?! Urmm... see page 4 after
                Thanks, lol. I definitely missed that page for some reason. doh!

Comment

Did you miss a page?! Urmm... see page 4 after the chapter title. It clearly shows a flashback sequence for the scene at the cell:
                  Spoiler:

- Sylar's holding a dead!Eden, while HRG and the Haitian come running in
                  - They shoot Sylar with these tranquilizer/taser like things
                  - The Haitian carries an unconscious Sylar out while HRG cradles Eden in his arms

The preview also clearly shows Sylar and HRG together.
                  Hmmmm, very interesting.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've seen lots of wild theories going around about Hiro fighting a dino (maybe he goes waaaaay back in time, this is a new shape-shifting power, etc.).

My initial guess is rather more straightforward: This is simply a clue on where to find the sword. Having lived in NYC before (and frequented the many museums), my bet is Hiro goes to the Natural History Museum's infamous dinosaur exhibit where he may encounter "resistance" but will emerge triumphant, wielding his sword.... and spoilers suggest till will happen in this ep - Ep 12 (Godsend or whatever).
                    I wonder if there's someone, yet to be revealed that has the power to control inanimate objects...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                      I wonder if there's someone, yet to be revealed that has the power to control inanimate objects...
                      Yeah they could use their powers to make the fake dino come and attack. Maybe it would be lame, but that is what I thought when reading the post suggesting the museum as where it could take place.
                      Weir: He's just a boy!
                      Jinto: I am Jinto.
                      Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Can't wait!!!
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

It's likely that Hiro finds his sword in a natural history museum, where they have a dino display.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            It's likely that Hiro finds his sword in a natural history museum, where they have a dino display.
                            and the dinosaur is electric! It moves! and Hiro, being Hiro, will raise his sword to strike! lol.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Thought I should update this forum too about the latest Heroes episode 12 sneak preview that just came out today. Lots of tantalizing scenes ahead! And we get a glimpse of Claude (Chris Eccleston) and a few "new" characters. The direct link is here and more details can be found in my LJ here.

SPOILER WARNING!

Comment

Working...
                              X