PDA

View Full Version : Peter!! "Fallout" Spoilers

Furlings187
December 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Why was peter about to explode was it because he has too many powers and it is an overload or is he seeing someone else and he took his form but it was really someone else blowing up NY and is NAthan bad he looked bad at the end.

the fifth man
December 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Personally, I think it is Peter. I think the power within him is building to uncontrollable levels.

theonebluegecko
December 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Why was peter about to explode was it because he has too many powers and it is an overload or is he seeing someone else and he took his form but it was really someone else blowing up NY and is NAthan bad he looked bad at the end.

Nathan is a politician, of course he is bad.

Also I do not think that you need to add spoiler tags because the thread title lists spoilers and the episode it is about.

skull24
December 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Personally, I think it is Peter. I think the power within him is building to uncontrollable levels.

He must have absorbed the powers from the radio active guy and lost control. Because the guy's powers are very hard to control. Just like he lost control with the mind reading powers. Or he was seeing things through the Radio Active guys eyes. You have to remembers, Hiro traveled back two years to warn him about the girl and he also said he looked different with out the scar. Which means he did not die at the point of the explosion. How will the girl stop this from happening? who knows, if that is what she is post to stop.

TheUnknown
December 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM
He must have absorbed the powers from the radio active guy and lost control. Because the guy's powers are very hard to control. Just like he lost control with the mind reading powers. Or he was seeing things through the Radio Active guys eyes. You have to remembers, Hiro traveled back two years to warn him about the girl and he also said he looked different with out the scar. Which means he did not die at the point of the explosion. How will the girl stop this from happening? who knows, if that is what she is post to stop.

Ted seems unaffacted by the radiation he emits, so maybe Peter isn't harmed by the explosion.

skull24
December 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Ted seems unaffacted by the radiation he emits, so maybe Peter isn't harmed by the explosion.

Maybe, but I don't think Peter can take powers and keep them.

insomniac8400
December 4th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Ted could have been in the vicinity or Sylar could have taken the powers and be the one who sets Peter off.

Astrofighter
December 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
for all we know peter could be just like Rogue, he can mimic powers for a short time but if he stays to long he gets them perm.

the problem with that is that it would make him too powerful of a hero

hyzmarca
December 5th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Or the writers could have had an understanding on nuclear physics that goes beyond the cartoon level and figured out that Ted's power making things explode is highly unlikely. Maybe if someone compressed him using precise sequential explosions they could set of a chain reaction, but as it stands this is highly doubtful.

The explosion might be related to future Peter's scar. It must have been a very big scar.

eri-chan
December 5th, 2006, 04:46 AM
i just watched it. thats kinda scary.

hmmmmmmmm well peter seems to be having dreams of the future. and i agree with skull24. it could be that. hmm lots of possibilities for now. and damn. i have to wait till march to watch it since im going overseas and wont be back till march :(

i kinda figure peter to be like rogue too. he can only keep the power for a limited time. probably depends on how long he's around someone.

garyalvis
December 5th, 2006, 05:37 AM
just a theory. Peter is incorperating their mutations into his dna to a lesser degree than skyler. Once he gets enough components he essentially evolves. I think this is what you are seeing in the vision. and everyone knows do you see the way they are attempting to distance themselves from him. notice how claire says she is sorry like she didn't mean to run up to him. I think he is only seeing the hero's at this point and is not even noticing the regulars that are there which is why he seams to be comming right up on everyone.

Mirel
December 5th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Back in the beginning, he dreamed that he could fly, but in fact it was Nathan who flew. He kinda dreams through the eyes of a evolutionary advanced human when he's in close proximity with them.

So he maybe dreaming through the eyes of the radioactive dude.

Kirath
December 5th, 2006, 09:58 AM
When he dreamed in the fast he almost shared the point of view of the superhuman he was linking with. maybe Peter doesn't explode. The vision could have been a shared dream with another nearby superhuman. ted or another heroe whose power could cause some kind of explosion could have been nearby. Also remember Isaac is nearby using his powers. Peer cold have linked with him and dreamed something similar to what he was painting. that would explain how Niki,DL and Micah were in the dream even though they have never met.

Aadizookaan
December 5th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Back in the beginning, he dreamed that he could fly, but in fact it was Nathan who flew. He kinda dreams through the eyes of a evolutionary advanced human when he's in close proximity with them.

So he maybe dreaming through the eyes of the radioactive dude.

I think Peter's ability is starting to grow. He doesn't need to be in very close proximity to another. I think that it may be Syler who is the one who is dreaming or fantiscising about going nuclear. Maybe it is Syler that Peter is having this vision of after Syler has taken on the ability of our walking nuclear bomb.

Does this make sense? I don't know, for the life of me, I can't make any coherent sentences today. Most days I'm very eloquent, can string a sentence together, and properly express myself. If it doesn't make any sense, kindly disregard.

Scoobing
December 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah I like that idea. It seems to make sense to me. Peter was getting headaches like Parkman suggesting he could read thoughts, we have seen him predict the future before, and he has dreamt about the future too.

lostinspace
December 5th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Very intrigued by Peter's dream sequence and arc in the latest ep (Fallout). Really looking forward to what this means for him next year. I thought back-ending the ep with Peter's dreams was also a great parallel to the pilot (Genesis) which if y'all recall, unfolds with him dreaming about flying then. Some thoughts/reactions:

Why's he so sick?! He already lost a lot of blood after the fall with Sylar. We saw how weak Sylar was post-recovery, Peter presumably took the brunt of the fall and only had a few moments with Claire to heal - and we know the lingering (active) affects of others' powers in him are limited at best (feet hovering, stick figure drawings). Besides, he meets or is near all these heroes within 1-2 days: Sylar, Claire, Nathan, Matt, Eden and the Haitian. My guess is he subconsiously retains their powers, though dormant (he can't activate them unless the source is nearby OR till the 'Doctor' eventually helps him aka Claude the Invisible Man in Ep 12). Still, the powers start accumulating like a dam in his head, hence the massive headache - which I think is not just a mimic of Matt's symptoms, but far worse.

What about the dreaming? We've heard Peter's power(s) described as absorption/borrowing/mimicking but there's also strong references to empathy. Both Heidi and Simone have suggested he develops a strong connection to people, that he's a got a "gift" of sorts. It follows that when Peter dreams (flying with Nathan, talking to Charles Deveaux, visited in the cell by Nathan - who creepily becomes Sylar, and the final "exploding man" scene), he dreams about what he thinks of and desires most. Before: It was flying and seeking "approval" from Nathan. Now: It's to save the world and his only clue is Isaac's painting and his encounter with Sylar, hence, he "dreams" up Sylar and Manhattan.

Is he or is he not the BOMB? I think the jury's still out on that one. What with Tim Kring giving us a red herring so early on and the obvious fact that Sylar AND Ted "Radioactive Man" Sprague are both missing from the dream sequence. Also, remember the earlier predictive drawings (with a dead cheerleader - Jackie, not Claire; and a dead Peter - who gets resurrected)? All is not what it seems.

Drahc42
December 6th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Here are my theories:

-I think the reason Peter was sick was because Sylar was sick (they both seemed pale) and Peter was somehow "connected" to him. Probably because of the fall.
- Because of that ^, I think Peter's vision/dream was not about himself or Ted but about Sylar. Since both Sylar and Ted are free (or at least we can assume that they are) they may meet, resulting in Sylar stealing his powers.... and his brain.
- I think that the vision showed us that Nathan was about to grab whoever was about to blow up and fly way, sacrificing himself in order to save New-York City.
- I think I want that sword too...:D

the fifth man
December 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Is he or is he not the BOMB? I think the jury's still out on that one. What with Tim Kring giving us a red herring so early on and the obvious fact that Sylar AND Ted "Radioactive Man" Sprague are both missing from the dream sequence. Also, remember the earlier predictive drawings (with a dead cheerleader - Jackie, not Claire; and a dead Peter - who gets resurrected)? All is not what it seems.

I couldn't agree more. All is definitely not what it seems with this show. It's just a shame we'll have to wait so long now to find out for sure if it is Peter or not.

IcyNeko
December 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Part of what was pointed out in the other Heroes forums is that in his dream, Peter is wearing Sylar's usual creepy-stalker outfit.

It's possible he's seeing the doomed future from someone else's eyes.

Or he could see someone else's intentions.

hyzmarca
December 8th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Here are my theories:

- Because of that ^, I think Peter's vision/dream was not about himself or Ted but about Sylar. Since both Sylar and Ted are free (or at least we can assume that they are) they may meet, resulting in Sylar stealing his powers.... and his brain.

Sylar is not free. HRG still has him.

Scoobing
December 8th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Sylar isn't free yet, but we know from earlier eps that the bomb goes off Nov 8th, and we're still in October I think. Peter's dream was most likely a few weeks in the future.

Kirath
December 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Its possible that he was still linked to Sylar somehow and Sylar was messing with his head.

Doze
December 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Just a thought...
Peter can see what the power is used for not the person using. Know the first time Peter falls back like he is going to faint is when HRG walk into the room when in jail.
If ‘Radio Active Guy’ is HRG then Sylar kills him takes his power and is on his way to get Nathan at his head office. If Peter is with the Claire and Nathan right before Sylar explodes then he can fly him out of harms way. The radiation given off will be were even Claire’s powers can’t heal. When I hear of a scar I think of a deep cut but what if it’s his whole face and he ends up looking more like Skeletor?

Easter Lily
December 8th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I still think Peter's vision needs to be read symbolically (as a surreal moment) and as one of a series of messages. It's also, I believe, an incomplete vision.
There aren't too many people in this dream considering that everyone's stuck in traffic in the middle of NY. People are getting out of taxis. All of whom are people that we already know. Claire is in her cheerleading uniform... how cliched is that... unless she represents something in his mind. She is the cheerleader that he saved. She's mouthing something that looks like, "I'm sorry". Nathan looks pretty stern about something but I don't think it makes him the bad guy.

Peter's early visions was of him flying or falling off buildings. In a sense he was flying but the vision was incomplete. I think it's the same here.

Red Tigress
December 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I agree, Peter's vision could totally seem like something it's not. It'll be interesting to see how Niki, DL, and Micah get Niki out of jail and they all end up in NYC, too. That's a little weird. As for Matt being in his cop uniform maybe he's directing traffic, lol.

Random OT, do you think Nathan's democrat or republican, and will this influence his ability to save the world?:p

full.infinity
December 9th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I agree, Peter's vision could totally seem like something it's not. It'll be interesting to see how Niki, DL, and Micah get Niki out of jail and they all end up in NYC, too. That's a little weird. As for Matt being in his cop uniform maybe he's directing traffic, lol.

Random OT, do you think Nathan's democrat or republican, and will this influence his ability to save the world?:p
He's been mentioned as being a "family-values" candidate IIRC.

Avenger
December 9th, 2006, 01:43 PM
As for Matt being in his cop uniform maybe he's directing traffic, lol.

He's a cop in LA though. He wouldn't just randomly be directing traffic in NY

That there were no other bystanders around should be enough to tell that it's not a vision of reality as it will happen. I thought it was more a warning.

Furlings187
December 9th, 2006, 08:53 PM
i just watched Fallout again and when peter goes into the future at the end is he wearing sylar watch

NubianQueen
December 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
When he dreamed in the fast he almost shared the point of view of the superhuman he was linking with. maybe Peter doesn't explode. The vision could have been a shared dream with another nearby superhuman. ted or another heroe whose power could cause some kind of explosion could have been nearby. Also remember Isaac is nearby using his powers. Peer cold have linked with him and dreamed something similar to what he was painting. that would explain how Niki,DL and Micah were in the dream even though they have never met.

Okay so here is the real question if you're going with that theory...

Why was Simone running TOWARDS him? Although she was blocked by that artist dude.

It had to have been Peter, she loves him and she sensed that he was in danger so she felt compelled to rush over to him. How do you explain that?

NQ

Kirath
December 10th, 2006, 06:44 AM
which one, peter linking with a random Heroe or Peter linking specifically with Isaac? It could be that he linked with another random Heroe who's afraid of his/her powers and what they can do and the dream is a manefistation of that, those fears fleshed out with images from his subconscious. Although it doesn't really explain why he saw Nikki,Micah and DL. It is also possible that he is linking with a nearby Isaac and having a precognitive dream. Or the stress and physical trauma he's been through are causing him to halucinate? we won't find out till January.

Furlings187
December 18th, 2006, 10:24 AM
is he gonna explode

December 22nd, 2006, 02:54 AM
I think it may be right that it was someone else, Sylar maybe.
I am pretty sure, too, that I read somewhere that one of the heroes dies. It might make sense if that is Sylar or whoever about to explode and Nathan grabs him and flies off with him. The guy still explodes and kills Nathan in the process, but they save the city.

tace
December 26th, 2006, 06:56 AM
I think it may be right that it was someone else, Sylar maybe.
I am pretty sure, too, that I read somewhere that one of the heroes dies. It might make sense if that is Sylar or whoever about to explode and Nathan grabs him and flies off with him. The guy still explodes and kills Nathan in the process, but they save the city.

That's how I see it, too. Nathan is toast whether it's Peter, Ted, or Sylar that asplodes New York.

Some other things I'm wondering about:
- How will Peter get a scar if he's around Claire to borrow her healing?
- Can Peter act as a power bridge between Heroes, or does he just absorb their abilities for himself? It'd be cool if he could link people to Claire and heal them
- How did Sylar survive after getting shot by Matt and thrown off the bleachers by Peter? Any why is he so sure Eden's bullet won't hurt him?

DianaT17
January 2nd, 2007, 06:07 AM
I love this show!! I watched all of it in one go a couple of days ago! :)

I doubt Peter can transfer powers from one guy to another. That would make them all less special and their mission too easy, with everyone being able to heal up.

I agree the vision is probably misleading. I'll have to watch it again and look out for details like clothes... But the fact that Claire says I'm sorry shows us that it will be someone blowing up who we care about. Even if it isn't Peter himself.

First and foremost I wanna know why Peter is sick? Is it really a Power overload? Has it to do with Sylar? How exactly do his visions work? They are clearly linked to his mimicking power...

Cool stuff! :D

The Ori
January 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
I read that Tim Kring said that he will have no quams about doing a "Lost" and killing off major characters, but I hope that Peter is not killed off seeing as that his powers are the most unique, and the mostinteresting, we don't even know what he does because they say the he absorbs when around the person, but who knows he may actually absorb the power permanently that would be cool, well at least Claude is there to teach him!

DianaT17
January 3rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
If Peter actually absorbed the powers permanently I think that would be his death sentence. He'd be too powerful!

I, too, got the feeling that maybe Nathan will be the hero of that scene and fly off with whoever ends up exploding...

Then again, that contradicts Isaac's vision and seems too easy and obvious. I'm sure they'll surprise us! ;)