PDA

View Full Version : Who will die?

jds1982
December 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Allright we've all seen the commercials, so we know someone is going to die tonight. Who do you think it will be? My money is on Isaac, but it could also be one of HRG's minions. So thoughts, speculations?

Xanderic
December 4th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Allright we've all seen the commercials, so we know someone is going to die tonight. Who do you think it will be? My money is on Isaac, but it could also be one of HRG's minions. So thoughts, speculations?
Eden will die. See also the thread on Fallout spoilers. I believe a picture is there.

the fifth man
December 4th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Well, I wasn't expecting that. But, I guess I'm glad it was her and not one of the main "heroes".

Xanderic
December 4th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Well, I wasn't expecting that. But, I guess I'm glad it was her and not one of the main "heroes".
did you watch it yet? It's on here in an hour.

jds1982
December 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Ok now that we know it was Eden that died.
Who else do you think will die this season, as it has been hinted at that more heroes will die.

Astrofighter
December 4th, 2006, 10:24 PM
from what i heard, they have backed off on killing more heroes, they were going at first then they got such a good reaction for the characters and they worked out so well acting wise that they are pulling back on it

dont want to turn into lost-kill-athon show

silence
December 5th, 2006, 12:56 AM
too bad hero X had to die, but it was for the plot. and the way X went... selfsacrifice in the end to stop things getting even worse... imagine if X didnt do what X did.

i'll miss X.

somedude
December 5th, 2006, 05:45 AM
I hope Niki dies next!

eri-chan
December 5th, 2006, 05:50 AM
no way. she needs to get back with dl and micah :p

broly1718
December 5th, 2006, 07:43 AM
My guess is that

The season finale will be peter absorbing the atomic mans powers, and not knowing how to control it. Claire, being the only one who can get close to him, cant help him. So his brother probably flys him away and they both die, making it one hell of a dramatic finale.

Sylar will probably a constant threat, while other things happen in the upcoming seasons.

IcyNeko
December 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Isaac will probably still die. His actor's supposed to be doing a movie soon.

lostinspace
December 6th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Broly1718 - Welcome! Noticed this is your first post.

My guess is that The season finale will be peter absorbing the atomic mans powers, and not knowing how to control it. Claire, being the only one who can get close to him, cant help him. So his brother probably flys him away and they both die, making it one hell of a dramatic finale. Sylar will probably a constant threat, while other things happen in the upcoming seasons.I fully expect Nathan to do something redeeming, heroic-like with his powers at season's end - and your scenario could be one of them. I doubt Peter will die (he and Hiro seem cast as "central figures") but if Nathan dies, it'd be a huge shock that might generate possibilities for Peter's arc beyond S1.

Isaac will probably still die. His actor's supposed to be doing a movie soon.I'm with you on Isaac, IcyNeko. I know Santiago is filming Goals 2/3 (I'm a football - as in soccer - fan) but whether or not that's the main reason, I think his power is expendable if Peter can dream the future and problematic due to the fate v. choice conundrum that we already see with Hiro. If Isaac goes, Simone goes too as her "purpose" was to connect him, Peter and Claire (and also Nathan and Linderman) via the paintings. So I think a clean Isaac may return to Simone but their relationship is shortlived.

Others on my hit list for the rest of S1:
- The Jessica/Niki alteregos have run their course. Let one sacrifice herself without sacrificing their powers, and then focus on fleshing out the Sanders family arc b/c DL and Micah in particular have untapped potential.

- According to IMDB (dubious source, I admit), Ando and the Haitian appear in Ep 12 and Ep 13 but I think Hiro and HRG may be in for life-changing angst if their trusted sidekicks die or turn traitor. We've already seen how Eden's death impacted HRG (see comic #11) and the Haitian seems to be making his own moves...
- Ted may be around beyond Ep 12, but will die at his own or Sylar's hands, as either of them (with Peter involved somehow) all should play a role in the exploding man scenario in "Ground Zero."

- Sylar. I think he bites it - by the end of S1. If Heroes continues beyond, there'll be new enemies, villians and heroes - with the occasional (I hope) flashback and time travel for 'continuity.' He'll be missed ;)

jds1982
December 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah I kinda always thought Ando was gonna bite the dust as a catalyst for Hiro, but now with the whole Charlie thing I don't know.

b0dm0d
December 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I remember reading an interview with Tim Kring a couple of months ago. http://thetvaddict.com/?p=959
I might be reading into it a bit, but it seems that Sylar will be the villain for season 1, but there will be another threat introduced later on.

It could just be hopeful thinking, since I find the Sylar character super annoying. :)

Red Tigress
December 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Well, it kinda sucks that Eden died, because now Sylar can use her powers. And she wasn't a pushover when it came to getting *good* powers either.

I pretty much just downloaded all the episodes this week to get caught up, because I didn't see them when they were on tv. But I'm ready now!:sheppard:

Easter Lily
December 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I remember reading an interview with Tim Kring a couple of months ago. http://thetvaddict.com/?p=959
I might be reading into it a bit, but it seems that Sylar will be the villain for season 1, but there will be another threat introduced later on.

It could just be hopeful thinking, since I find the Sylar character super annoying. :)
For the show to maintain the interest it has garnered and not become the fraudulent piece of storytelling that is Lost, it needs to continually reinvent itself. If changing villains is the way to do it, all kudos to Kring and Company.

I'm all for having another villain if the show goes on to bigger and better things, I just can't see Sylar, the serial killer going on without things becoming silly.

jds1982
December 8th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Well, it kinda sucks that Eden died, because now Sylar can use her powers. And she wasn't a pushover when it came to getting *good* powers either.

I pretty much just downloaded all the episodes this week to get caught up, because I didn't see them when they were on tv. But I'm ready now!:sheppard:

No he can't, he didn't take her brain.

Red Tigress
December 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I just figured that out from another thread. I've only read half the comics. Sorry.

Avenger
December 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm all for having another villain if the show goes on to bigger and better things, I just can't see Sylar, the serial killer going on without things becoming silly.

By the looks of things, Sylar as the main villian is going to culminate with the bomb.

Xanderic
December 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM
No he can't, he didn't take her brain.

Were her brains blew out? It was never shown but implied so her brains could have been taken.

jds1982
December 10th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Were her brains blew out? It was never shown but implied so her brains could have been taken.

Somewhere around here there's a comic about what happened afterwards and Sylar never even gets a chance to escape let alone take her brain.

Xanderic
December 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Somewhere around here there's a comic about what happened afterwards and Sylar never even gets a chance to escape let alone take her brain.

I'm starting to read the comics on NBC heroes site.