PDA

View Full Version : The Symbol

Cap116
December 4th, 2006, 12:00 PM
What do you guys think that symbol that represents the people with power means? Maybe something to do with a DNA sequence....

full.infinity
December 4th, 2006, 12:03 PM
More like RNA.

eri-chan
December 4th, 2006, 03:12 PM
whats rna?:(

Xanderic
December 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM

DNA is deoxyribonucleic acid. Remove the "deoxy" and you get ribonucleic acid aka RNA.

I thought RNA was found more in animals and plants o.o. I guess we're animals too.

eri-chan
December 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM
cool thanks for the info... still dunno what the difference is between them tho :o

full.infinity
December 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
DNA is deoxyribonucleic acid. Remove the "deoxy" and you get ribonucleic acid aka RNA.

I thought RNA was found more in animals and plants o.o. I guess we're animals too.
RNA is everywhere DNA is, with the exception of DNA viruses.
There are three types of RNA and the type the symbol looks like is called messenger RNA which is created from a strand of DNA.

the fifth man
December 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
RNA is everywhere DNA is, with the exception of DNA viruses.
There are three types of RNA and the type the symbol looks like is called messenger RNA which is created from a strand of DNA.

Hmmm, interesting.

theonebluegecko
December 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM

RNA is used during the DNA replication process. The RNA primers start the process and then are replaces with DNA polymers (or something like that).

So the RNA is a crucial step in the DNA replication process, the process that I believe gives rise to mutations, such as those the Heroes have.

As for where RNA is found, it is found in all organisms.

silence
December 5th, 2006, 12:59 AM
RNA is essential part of every cell... while DNA holds information, RNA is working horse acctually.

Easter Lily
December 5th, 2006, 02:53 AM
The article on Wikipedia explains RNA... Makes for interesting bedtime reading. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA

It's all Greek to me anyway.

Scoobing
December 5th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Cool symbol though, would make a good team logo on jumpsuits. :)

Ooh, just thought of something too, if you look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NA-comparedto-DNA_thymineAndUracilCorrected.png

See the RNA has half the structure of the DNA, maybe it's also a metaphor for the heroes to come together to form a team and save the world. Alone they are powerful, but not as complete or as powerful as they could be together.

Cat_the_Alien
December 5th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but the Hatian has a necklace with the symbol on it (made of bone or shell?).

Doze
December 6th, 2006, 03:14 PM

I thought RNA was found more in animals and plants o.o. I guess we're animals too.So if they are the next gen then there DNA could be Tri-ribonucleic acid or TNA? Just a thought.

silence
December 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
So if they are the next gen then there DNA could be Tri-ribonucleic acid or TNA? Just a thought.

???????

what are you talking about?

Doze
December 6th, 2006, 04:27 PM
???????

what are you talking about?Just my thought but if the Heroes are the next generation of people and that symbol is same kind of RNA thing but not whole strands. Then it might be an RNA strand that has attached it's self to the DNA to make a three RNA strand or a TNA. I live out side the box, sorry.

silence
December 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Just my thought but if the Heroes are the next generation of people and that symbol is same kind of RNA thing but not whole strands. Then it might be an RNA strand that has attached it's self to the DNA to make a three RNA strand or a TNA. I live out side the box, sorry.

This makes sense... it would also make tracking them down easier (check the thread on how papa Suresh found out about them)...
Sorry, but i was really confused about your earlier post.

This is cool thinking. :D

Doze
December 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM
This makes sense... it would also make tracking them down easier (check the thread on how papa Suresh found out about them)...
But would it? All the ways of looking at RNA and DNA are very very costly. It could be use to confirm that someone is a hero. But to use it as a screening test just would cost too much.

This would also explain the tumors that two heroes have deid from.

silence
December 7th, 2006, 12:27 AM
BTW :: triple helix DNA was done in "Threshold"... it also had really cool symbol for... nice fractal..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Threshold-FractalPattern.jpg

full.infinity
December 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
So if they are the next gen then there DNA could be Tri-ribonucleic acid or TNA? Just a thought.
Nitrogen bases don't bond that way.

Scoobing
December 9th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Nitrogen bases don't bond that way.

..as far as we know. As far as we know people don't read minds or fly too... ;)

full.infinity
December 9th, 2006, 07:51 AM
No, we know exactly how nitrogen bases work. In order to triple-bond we'd have to have completely different nitrogen bases.

Scoobing
December 10th, 2006, 03:50 AM
What I'm saying is that this is a TV show, and we don't as yet know how closely it is going to stick to reality...

Specter
December 10th, 2006, 05:45 PM
In the Dragonriders of Pern series one of the distinguing features between native species and those imported from Earth are the native species have TNA.

Xanderic
December 10th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Has anyone considered the symbol signifying each person having reached their maximum potential power and therefore, they aren't weak enough for Sylar to disect their brains? It would explain why Eden's power couldn't be taken and her brains were blown out not sliced.....

Scoobing
December 12th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I was under the impression that Eden shot herself in the head to stop Sylar taking her powers

Space Monkey52
December 12th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I was under the impression that Eden shot herself in the head to stop Sylar taking her powers

She did. It's even mentioned in the online comic that that's what happened.

Edit: BTW, has anybody talked about exactly how Sylar could get a person's powers? Does he eat the brain?

Xanderic
December 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
She did. It's even mentioned in the online comic that that's what happened.

Edit: BTW, has anybody talked about exactly how Sylar could get a person's powers? Does he eat the brain?

We don't know if she actually committed suicide or sylar forced her to. HRG may not know & it just sounds better that she gave her life than she got shot by a dangerous guy.

Jarnin
December 13th, 2006, 07:47 PM
He sees how things work. That's his original power. He can tell how DNA works, but in order to replicate powers he has to change his own DNA. They haven't really gotten into that yet.
Technically, he might be able to introduce chemicals that would cause the change. I seem to remember seeing jars of liquids in the secret room in his apartment, so it's a possibility.

I don't think he eats their brains. I think he takes their brains as trophies. Sylar is a serial killer by all definitions. Usually serial killers have a preferred way of killing their victims, and they often take trophies from their kills.

Once he gained his psychokinesis power, all of his victims were killed in the same method, and all of their brains were removed except Jackie (because she was the wrong person).

eri-chan
December 16th, 2006, 01:12 PM
i dont think that the brains are his trophies. it wouldnt make sense. i think he needs to study them to see how it all fits together. but i have no idea how he fixes himself up. mirror and a razor maybe? :p

btw adding to my "its not a trophy" argument, why would he have needed to kill brian (the telekinetic guy) just to get his powers? if he didnt need to get brains to get the powers then i dont think he sylar would have gone out and killed them. i feel that the character wouldnt kill if it wasnt necessary. well initially anyway. now he's psycho.

Winst
December 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM

Speak for yourself.

:)

Doze
December 22nd, 2006, 01:04 PM
I found this at Wikipedia:

A second symbol, consisting of two black parallel lines, has appeared on the necks of two super-powered characters immediately after being abducted by The Haitian:

Matt Parkman, the mind reading policeman from Los Angeles.
Ted Sprague, a character who possesses the abilities to emit radiation from his hands thereby enabling him to produce heat, radiation poisoning, and other natural side effects of radioactivityI thought I had seen these lines!!

Xanderic
December 24th, 2006, 04:14 PM
i dont think that the brains are his trophies. it wouldnt make sense. i think he needs to study them to see how it all fits together. but i have no idea how he fixes himself up. mirror and a razor maybe? :p

btw adding to my "its not a trophy" argument, why would he have needed to kill brian (the telekinetic guy) just to get his powers? if he didnt need to get brains to get the powers then i dont think he sylar would have gone out and killed them. i feel that the character wouldnt kill if it wasnt necessary. well initially anyway. now he's psycho.

if he kills them then there's no competition.