How does Chandra know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Chandra know?

I've been wondering this from the start. How did Chandra know where the Heroes were, guess what abilities they might have? How does one even go about finding random individuals who aren't in any hurry to expose themselves?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

A very complex mathematical equation that traces migration routes and DNA changes due to environments, etc...

It's a little far fetched, but that appears to be the route the show is taking right now.

Comment

I think he came up with his theory, maybe she exhibited some power before she died. And it led him to think that there were more people like her.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
        A very complex mathematical equation that traces migration routes and DNA changes due to environments, etc...

It's a little far fetched, but that appears to be the route the show is taking right now.
        It is pretty far fetched since it seems he didn't even have a patient zero until he got to the U.S. But then maybe I'm, misinterpreting his use of the term.
        I hope they go into the why he came to believe these people existed. Is it possible they are all, however distantly, related?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

maybe he he's neurologist so he knows the brain pretty well. By separating those whose had MRI's et al and have abnormalities in their brains as well the people who live normal lives but there have been reported "oddness" factor in their daily lives, he determined those who may be special. The abnormalities may be in different parts of the brain which may be how Sylar can take on several abilites. If there's an abnormality in the memory part of the brain, those people (like Charlie) may have better memory. If it's in the part of the brain that controls physical movement like walking, etc, they might be able to fly (Nathan). If it's in emotions, strong emotions can overpower weak ones (like Jessica overpowering weak Niki). Something like that.
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

He used the human genome project database. Apparently, in the Heroes universe the HGP has a giant database full of DNA samples from most of the world's population which can be searched and matched to specific individuals. He determined which genetic markers indicate the potential to devolp powers and searched the database for people with these markers.

Comment

I think it's tied in to the symbol on each person. If you remember each person has a strange symbol/birthmark.

My personal theory...The heroes were created artificially. There is a whole "evolution" theme in the show so I would guess that evolution was hurried in them.

They are test subjects and somehow Chandra got a list of who they are.

Comment

I think I'm more inclined to believe Hyzmarca's theory. If they were created it would make the everlasting spiel Mohinder does on evolution pretty pointless and Chandra's research pretty worthless. If he found a list then why write a book about activating evolution?

Comment

Yeah I don't believe that they were created. But having a list seems a little too convienient. Still, there needs to be a way for the plot to move forward in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                    I think I'm more inclined to believe Hyzmarca's theory. If they were created it would make the everlasting spiel Mohinder does on evolution pretty pointless and Chandra's research pretty worthless. If he found a list then why write a book about activating evolution?
                    Created is probably a poor word...I still think it's evolution and that Mohinders speach is relevant but I think it's speeded up, or it's dormant genes that are not supposed to be active yet that are activated early or something...I think it also ties in to who horned rim glasses is working for.

It's got to tie in with those common marks/birthmarks everyone has. I am certain of it. Maybe the government or some organization recognized them all at an early age and created a list then...

Comment

Originally posted by rook818 View Post
                      Created is probably a poor word...I still think it's evolution and that Mohinders speach is relevant but I think it's speeded up, or it's dormant genes that are not supposed to be active yet that are activated early or something...I think it also ties in to who horned rim glasses is working for.

It's got to tie in with those common marks/birthmarks everyone has. I am certain of it. Maybe the government or some organization recognized them all at an early age and created a list then...
                      I think he means something similar to the Weapon X program in Xmen. not creating them but studying them, enhancing their abilities to make them stronger. That could explain Niki's tattoo. they experimented on her and then wiped her memory but somehow the memory of the symbol on Eraser's pendant stuck with her. So when she transforms into Jessica the tattoo appears.
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

O.K. I see what you mean. I was thinking about that as well. Mr. Bennet can't be working on his own. Those facilities aren't exactly normal for a paper factory.

Comment

another possiblity. chandra hacked the records of the agency Bennet works for and stole the names. Benet's agency could have been tracking the evolution of these people and experimenting on them and their families for years. Or it's possible he got the names from a dream vision from the kid in Seven Minutes to Midnight.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                            O.K. I see what you mean. I was thinking about that as well. Mr. Bennet can't be working on his own. Those facilities aren't exactly normal for a paper factory.
                            I could be wrong but I think the last episode settled this. Didn't he take orders from a mysterious other party on the phone? The question is, who are they? Part of the government? Another organization?

Comment

Kirath, I don't think he hacked Benet's system. I think Linderman took the names from him.

rook818, it is very possible Linderman is the big boss Bennet works for. After all, we have no clue what-so-ever about him.
                              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                              X