PDA

View Full Version : SG9 - Wolf Events

GateGipsy
September 1st, 2004, 02:16 AM
Tickets for SG9 are now on sale at www.wolfevents.com (http://www.wolfevents.com). It is scheduled for the 18th to 20th of February 2005. When I brought my ticket I couldn't see any guest announcements.

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
September 4th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Tickets for SG9 are now on sale at www.wolfevents.com (http://www.wolfevents.com). It is scheduled for the 18th to 20th of February 2005. When I brought my ticket I couldn't see any guest announcements.

The AT con is in Febuary...... Dont know if I can afford both :-(. Need to think about it.

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
September 6th, 2004, 08:57 AM
The AT con is in Febuary...... Dont know if I can afford both :-(. Need to think about it.

I cant go. :'( If the 2 cons were not in the same month I would have. Hope everyone who does go has fun. It will be the first wolf con i've missed since my first. That was SG4.

Matt G
September 6th, 2004, 01:49 PM
They're actually doing SG9?

DownFallAngel
September 6th, 2004, 01:55 PM
What is SG9?

jantreeuk1
September 6th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Heads up Matt they are also planning an SG10 but tickets will be a while yet.
jan t

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
September 6th, 2004, 11:44 PM
What is SG9?

SG9 is a Sg1 convention that will be in the UK in Febuary next year. There is a link on the first post of this thread.

I've been to SG4,5,6,7 and SG8 is coming up in November. SG5 was were I first met up with other fans. My birthday was that weekend and thanks to Gipsy I got a birthday hug from Chris Judge. I love going to the cons to see the actors. But its seeing my friends I enjoy the most.

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
September 6th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Heads up Matt they are also planning an SG10 but tickets will be a while yet.
jan t

Oh wow! I'll try to get to that 1.

DownFallAngel
September 7th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Its UK only!? What type of stunt is that?! Naaa, Kidding.

Enjoy yourselfs.

Being from the US, I won't be going to your SG1-Con anytime soon.

Have a nice time.

FoxyBrownSGC
September 7th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I'm going! Woo hooo! And I'm going to SG-8 in November as well. I love going to SG-1 cons that aren't in the US for a change. It's a different vibe...in a great way of course :-)

Man, I *love* giving my passport a workout ;-)

-- :cool: Foxy

Indiana
September 8th, 2004, 05:31 AM

Which AT convention do you refer to?

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
September 8th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Which AT convention do you refer to?

There is a AT convention in Febuary 200. Its in the UK. Heathrow London. I'm going as is quite a few other people I know.

Here is a link http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/

Dana_Jeanne
September 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM

I'm seriously toying with the idea of doing this one. I loved the SHanks/Judge Tour in January, and have never really done an actual Wolf SG Number con. Haven't been to the UK since January either, and I'm missing my tea and cold toast <G> And flakes.

Dana Jeanne

Madeleine
September 8th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Who are you calling Flakes?

GateGipsy
September 9th, 2004, 02:18 AM
I'm seriously toying with the idea of doing this one. I loved the SHanks/Judge Tour in January, and have never really done an actual Wolf SG Number con. Haven't been to the UK since January either, and I'm missing my tea and cold toast <G> And flakes.

Dana Jeanne

what you're not coming to SG8? A MS/CJ event in the UK won't be the same without you!

hee hee and I'm thinking that you mean Cadbury Flakes, since you get cornflakes in the US. Although now that I think about it, Madeliene is a bit...**runs away**

Although the MS/CJ day event was fantastic, it is a lot more fun when you get to spend two days with the guests. They relax a lot more by the second day - or maybe that's just the stuff they take for the hangover!

osirisi
September 15th, 2004, 02:35 AM
When the site says "Minimum six guests" is that absolute? I am just me and only want one ticket...and all friends atm(but bout to leave for uni) are not sg fans :(

Feli
September 15th, 2004, 03:12 AM
When the site says "Minimum six guests" is that absolute? I am just me and only want one ticket...and all friends atm(but bout to leave for uni) are not sg fans :(
LOL, no! Six guests means six cast or crew members from the show - you're free to buy as many or as few tickets as you want!

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
October 12th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Wondering wether to come to sg9 now. Or save my money.

GateGipsy
October 12th, 2004, 07:48 AM
If you're on a tight budget then perhaps you should wait for a bit, and see what other cons might be announced next year? Then you can choose which one suits you best.

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
October 12th, 2004, 07:52 AM
If you're on a tight budget then perhaps you should wait for a bit, and see what other cons might be announced next year? Then you can choose which one suits you best.

Thats what I said to rural. i need to think about it and i cant think straight at the momment LOL

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
November 16th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Thats what I said to rural. i need to think about it and i cant think straight at the momment LOL

My friend at work tried to persued me to go to this con.... We spent 1/4 hour talking about it and adding up the cost. Though I'd love to do it, i've decided not to.

Carmen Argenziano is the first name on the guest list.

BruTak
November 17th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Alas and alack, Team SG-999 won't be attending SG-9...

However, plans are afoot for a group of us to attend SG-10 - woo-hoo!

Those of you who went to SG-6 may remember us as being the nutters from Scotland - I was the one trying desperately not to decapitate people with a prop Staff-Weapon...

At SG-6, there were seven of us - nine if you count the mascots. At SG-10 we hope to reach double figures - you have been warned.

Matt G
November 17th, 2004, 03:17 PM
So who is actually planning to do SG9?

Matt G
February 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
*blows dust off thread*

OK...my house is going to be free on an SG weekend again. This means that the spare room is up for grabs. Anyone interested?

My gameplan for the record is going to be slightly different that that of SG8 and Uni won't end till 6(officially, though hopefully it'll be earlier) so I'll be grabbing a Burger King on the way home, dump my Uni stuff at home, call up a cab, pick up con-related bits and pieces and aim to get to the Thistle for 8.

GateGipsy
February 15th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure I'll be doing the whole weekend. If I can get my autographs done on the Saturday, then I might not be around on the Sunday - I'm not sure I'll be up to doing the full thing by then. And there aren't any photo's I want.

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
February 15th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure I'll be doing the whole weekend. If I can get my autographs done on the Saturday, then I might not be around on the Sunday - I'm not sure I'll be up to doing the full thing by then. And there aren't any photo's I want.

Hope all you guys have fun!

Matt G
February 15th, 2005, 04:50 PM
So which GWers are going to be there(at any point over the weekend)?

GateGipsy
February 17th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I'm afraid that I've had to pull out of SG9. I'm just not up to it. Between being 8 months pregnant and having that horrific cold virus thing that's doing the rounds, I'm just plain too exhausted to do a con.

Hope everyone has a good time. I look forward to hearing your reports.

Rowan Green
February 17th, 2005, 03:57 AM
That really bad news! It's not the stomach flu you've got is it? I had that a few weeks ago and it was pretty bad... not as bad as the food poisening I had about 18 months ago, but still very nasty and laid me up for a couple of days. Definitely wouldn't have been going to a con with it. If that's what you've got, I found alka seltzer and drinking ginger beer seemed to be the best way to deal with the symptoms...

GateGipsy
February 17th, 2005, 05:15 AM
no not the stomach flu. Just a cold, but a lingering one - most people I know who've had it have had it for a week to ten days.

Rowan Green
February 17th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Hope it gets better soon then! You could still try the ginger beer. If you like ginger beer that is *G*

GateGipsy
February 17th, 2005, 08:05 AM
love the stuff! Although the absolute best ginger beer is Bundenburg, which sadly you can't get in the UK.

Matt G
February 17th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Unlucky G!

So who am I supposed to look out for on Friday night?;)

Matt G
February 17th, 2005, 02:03 PM
OK...it's a long day for me tomorrow so I'm checking out now. If anyone who's going wants to exchange mobile numbers, email me.

Other than that - see you on the flipside.

jantreeuk1
February 19th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Bryan announced that Chris and girlfriend had a baby girl 'last week Tuesday' 5lb 11oz. Don't know if that means 15th or 8th.

Matt G
February 21st, 2005, 01:11 PM
OK...

Friday: Quit Uni and got train and bus home. Call up cab. Braindead moments ahoy! The cabbie doesn't know where the Thistle is and I get my Heathrow landmarks screwed up. Result: I wind up ditching the cab and getting the bus there. However I then get done by the bouncers on dress code(which has NEVER happened before) and so wound up getting another cab home and back and paying up for that screwup in hard cash! Once there non-stewarding Gateworlders are thin on ground so I just grab a beer and hit the dancefloor.

Saturday: Head on in part way through Tony Amidola's presentation. Grab some sandwiches for lunch(NOT from the Tuck shop) and head back in for the afternoon stuff. Do my usuak trick of opening the bidding for the good auction stuff at a tenner before getting blown away. Catch the Everton vs United FA Cup match in the upstairs bar before grabbing a pizza at the Oak and Avocado. Bad move - I wind up having to go easy on the beer that night as a result(what sort of deal does Brian have with the Thistle?) - though I do bump into one or two of the guests at the bar. Oh, and as of that night anyone doing the Star Trek dance is officially certifiable!

Sunday: Arrive in the middle of Gary Chalk's presentation. Grab more sandwiches for lunch - wind up missing all calls for Jamie's autograph :( but after closing ceremony bank Gary's, Aaron's, Anna's, Patrick's, Erik's and Tony's. Head to down the road pub for a roast before heading back for rave for which some of the guests hit the dance floor. Have to bail at 1am(having gone the distance the previous two nights) due to early wake up for Uni, though I do get to chat with Patrick outside before catching a cab.

Guests:

Carmen: Was generally on good form, found out a few more bits and pieces about him(like, he was in one of the Godfather films), didn't realy have him down as a religious guy either..

Patrick: Dodgy Blake's 7 style barnet apparently NOT included as standard - he'd just not bothered going to the barbers before he filmed UnSel as he never expected to get the part of Fifth(having been turned down by SG a load of times before)! According to him, actors are generally as crazy as we can be.

Anna: Wasn't raised on scifi at all so apparently has/had a blast as Osiris. The Dr Who ep she's in is set in the near future. The symbiotes in Summit/Last Stand apparently tasted serverely rough!

Tony: Generally has a blast with Chris Judge and has made a prat out of him on occassion(the barechested fight in Threshold was Chris getting too cocky for his own good) and has a VERY ecclectic CV!

Erik: So...you're going to show us clips from various films + TV shows you've been in and ask us to name them! Are you nuts? The majority of them I hadn't even seen and I only managed to work out half of them. Is still able to speak some of the Egyptian that he learned for the movie!

Alexis: Currently trying his hand at screenwriting and would like to bring Skaara back as a Goa'uld ass-kicker. Requested "I will Survive" at the Sunday rave :eek:

Gary: Flipped between US and Russian accents smooth as anything - poor guy also had to cater for a few Transformers fans - "Optimus Prime: Boxers or briefs?" Wasn't dead cert how to deal with us on his first talk but eventually got the hang of thingsa.

Aaron: Reminded me slightly of Colin Cunningham with Chris Judge's taste for beer. Big ice hockey fan, his main acting background is small parts in action movies/shows and so he's very comfortable with BSG's feel. Gave me the nickname 'Great Questions' which was worth a laugh!

Jamie: My opener to him was "How does a Brit wind up playing a guy with a US accent on a scifi show set in another universe/culture?" Turned out he'd auditioned with a US accent and is half Yank anyway so can flip between the two pretty easily. He mentioned that he'd been in Ultimate Force(and didn't appreciate me bringing that up - it wasn't an experience he'd enjoyed) in a role that I could barely remember(checked IMDB and he wasn't the guy that I though he was). Looks hardly like Apollo in RL!

GateGipsy
February 22nd, 2005, 03:07 AM
Thanks for sharing with us Matt. Sounds like I missed a great con.

Rowan Green
February 23rd, 2005, 03:11 AM
Gary: Flipped between US and Russian accents smooth as anything - poor guy also had to cater for a few Transformers fans - "Optimus Prime: Boxers or briefs?" Wasn't dead cert how to deal with us on his first talk but eventually got the hang of thingsa.

Ha, that was me! Should add though that I asked him to answer the question in character as OP, which I thought he did rather well. I'm actually not a transformer's fan (only watched it by accident...) but after hearing him doing the voice on Saturday I thought it would be a fun twist on a pretty tired question *G*

red28uk2001
February 23rd, 2005, 07:28 AM
Hiya ive just got back from the wolfevents sg-9 con in london!!
All the guest were brilliant and i have to say im whats called a jedi master chef!!

Here is link www.jedichefs.com

Are main object inlife is to party hard and drink lots lol!!

But look how many of the stargate guests joined the ranks on the weekend lol, they just love to party!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/red28uk2001/DSC00690.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/red28uk2001/DSC00711.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/red28uk2001/DSC00698.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/red28uk2001/DSC00703.jpg

ok who can tell me what stars are here then lol!!!