PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Favourite Character?

Ronja
December 1st, 2006, 03:44 PM
Mine is Hiro without a doubt! Masi is just an amazing actor and makes me giggle every time he does his little face scrunchies. Also really wanna see more of future Hiro! He's cool! :D

But I also like Hiros sidekick Ando and Mohinder, have a thing for Asians I suppose ;) lol nah but Ando is real fun and Mohinder is a very interesting character even tho he doesn't have a power... well that we know of yet anyway!

In case you don't remember all of their powers:

Mohinder Suresh (father's legacy cab driver)

Hiro Nakamura (space-time mover)

Ando Masahashi (sidekick)

Claire Bennett (invulnerable cheerleader)

Niki Sanders (dark twin)

Peter Petrelli (copycat nurse)

Nathan Petrelli (flying politician)

Isaac Mendez (pre-cog artist)

Matt Parkman (mind reader cop)

D.L. Hawkins (phase-thru criminal)

Micah Sanders (fix-it boy)

Eden McCain (mind control)

Mr Bennett (non?)

Sylar (steal powers)

_WraithQueen_
December 1st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Hiro is my favorite aswell, he is just so damn cute! His power is also the coolest IMO. Healing yourself, yea ok, could be fun. Flying is alright aswell but bending space and time is just plain cool.

Ronja
December 1st, 2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah he has my fave power aswell! Imagine the things u could do! :D He can teleport himself to right? It's not just a part of the time manipulation thingy?

_WraithQueen_
December 1st, 2006, 05:02 PM
He can manipulate time and space, and so yes he an teleport himself places :P

Ronja
December 1st, 2006, 05:15 PM
oopsie :o

Yeah I most definitely want that power! :P *snap* you're in Thailand *snap* you're in Mexico. :D Always been my fave

_WraithQueen_
December 1st, 2006, 05:26 PM
*snap* you're being eaten by a Stenonychosaurus :P

Ronja
December 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM
Hehe nah don't stand a chance against the Velociraptor :P

Mind control would be cool too tho! ;)

Anyways characters I've never really liked are Claire and Matt... they're just annoying most of the time, sorry to those who like them!

Also interesting when we got to know more about Sylar and his background, made me understand him a bit more.

_WraithQueen_
December 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
Aww i like Matt, he has cool powers too. Claire is cute aswell :P

Ronja
December 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM
Nah Matt is so ... lifeless I dunno :S Claire is getting a bit better I have to admit, she's growing on me... but she's not cute :P

Also wanna know more about that black guy.. like ... does he even speak? :S Hmm he's a bit spooky... but I like him!

DEM
December 1st, 2006, 07:03 PM
I'm looking forward to 'The Haitian'/Eraser getting an actual name onscreen so I don't have to read "that black guy" anymore. Nothing personal, Ronja, honestly; it just bugs a bit.

My Favourite Character = Niki.

silence
December 1st, 2006, 10:45 PM
Favorite character : Hiro
Favorite power : Eden's

As much as i like teleporting, controlling people like Eden can have some interesting applications.... :D

Stef
December 2nd, 2006, 12:42 AM
As much as I like Hiro, Claire, and Matt....I got to go with Peter. And no, I'm not one of those people who likes him because he's "dreamy," although I'll admit that he did look good in that coat in "Homecoming." I'm not sure what it is exactly that makes me like the character so much but I'm really interested in seeing what happens with him and his power...I read that he
...ends up in a coma after absorbing/mimicking too many powers at once. He also might play a bigger part in the destruction of NY than we may expect, according to the latest issue of TV Guide.

-Stef

Easter Lily
December 2nd, 2006, 01:37 AM
If I really had to pick someone I'd say it would be Peter. But I think the show is more about relationships (pairings, however, not at all in a sexual way) than just single individuals doing their own thing. The Petrelli brothers dynamic is my favourite, followed by Hiro and Ando. I quite like Claire and Zach as well.
None of these characters exist in a vacuum... they are only as interesting as the characters that they interact with.
Niki on her own isn't too crash hot but Niki with Nathan, for instance, works very well.

lostinspace
December 2nd, 2006, 07:11 AM
Fav power: Empathic persuasion using my mind. A cross between Peter + Eden + The Haitian

Fav character: This one's harder unlike Stargate where I have clear preferences. The casting, writing and acting has been spot on for the most part, and characters have stood out at different times with different relationships. Anyhooo... at the moment, it's Masi and HRG for me. Masi lets me embrace my "inner freak" :mckay: and HRG is so complex, sinister yet loving! Bet y'all thought I'd say Peter, eh? Yeah, he appeals to me most for his potential...

Hmmm... Hubby just chimed in to say I'm like Jessica/Niki. Huh. Should I be worried?!

silence
December 2nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hmmm... Hubby just chimed in to say I'm like Jessica/Niki. Huh. Should I be worried?!

Shouldn't he worry? ;)

lostinspace
December 2nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Shouldn't he worry? ;)
Excellent point! I will keep that threat handy....

Seastallion
December 2nd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Yep... my favorite 'hero' is Hiro too... :D :p He's just so endearing. :) Not to mention of all the characters, his powers are ones I'd want most of all. His ability to alter space and time, ought to theoretically allow him to fly as well, but If he can ever perfect the teleporting, I guess he wouldn't need to fly. Although, it seems he ought to be able to levitate anything by altering the space-time around it to negate gravity.

theonebluegecko
December 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
My favorite hero is Peter.

My favorite hero because of their power is Nathan. His character is not my favorite but I have always wanted to fly. To me that is cooler that bending space and time.

Trek_Girl42
December 2nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
My absolute favourite Hero is Hiro as well- he's so endearing, there's nothing not to like. The great thing about this show, is that there isn't a single character that I don't like. I love that I never have to cringe when "so-and-so" appears on screen, and my order of favourites often changes from episode to episode. :)

Other favourites after Hiro are Peter, Claire, Ando, Mohinder, Matt, and Zack.

NubianQueen
December 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
No surprise my favorite hero is Hiro. He is just so awesome. I love this guy.

And of all the powers that I have seen so far, I would love to have the Haitian's power.

He is totally badass and cool.

NQ

Cat_the_Alien
December 2nd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Everyone seems to like Hiro.

Personally, I'm partial to Matt Parker (only partly because I think Greg Grunberg's such a cutie... I was a big fan of his on Alias). Its a shame the way his character takes a back seat to fan favorites such Hiro and Peter.

Ronja
December 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
I'm looking forward to 'The Haitian'/Eraser getting an actual name onscreen so I don't have to read "that black guy" anymore. Nothing personal, Ronja, honestly; it just bugs a bit.

My Favourite Character = Niki.

Non taken.. you're right... it would be good if he was given a name sometimes soon. "'The Haitian'/Eraser" is that his name in the... graphic novels? Whats his powers there? :D

Ronja
December 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
As much as i like teleporting, controlling people like Eden can have some interesting applications.... :D

I was just thinking that ;) You'd have to be an angel not too use that power for.. "own advantage" tho :P

Ronja
December 3rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
As much as I like Hiro, Claire, and Matt....I got to go with Peter. And no, I'm not one of those people who likes him because he's "dreamy," although I'll admit that he did look good in that coat in "Homecoming." I'm not sure what it is exactly that makes me like the character so much but I'm really interested in seeing what happens with him and his power...I read that he
...ends up in a coma after absorbing/mimicking too many powers at once. He also might play a bigger part in the destruction of NY than we may expect, according to the latest issue of TV Guide.

-Stef

Hmm interesting, thank for the info! :)

Excellent point! I will keep that threat handy....
I used that threat once on a guy.. boy did he grumble and complain but I got my wish at last ;) :P :D

Personally, I'm partial to Matt Parker (only partly because I think Greg Grunberg's such a cutie... I was a big fan of his on Alias). Its a shame the way his character takes a back seat to fan favorites such Hiro and Peter.
Yeah for me he's not an intersting character atm... with the "normal" family problems and working as a cop. Hopefully he'll meet the others soon and have more comtrol over his powers, so he can become more of a hero ;)

DEM
December 3rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
you're right... it would be good if he was given a name sometimes soon. "'The Haitian'/Eraser" is that his name in the... graphic novels?'Haitian' is his name in the official cast list. The exact nature of his power is still a subject of debate.

Claire's dad is actually 'HRG' (for Horned-Rimmed Glasses). By the way, Claire's name is spelt 'Bennet'.

I've only read one of the online comics; the formatting is wonky and hard to deal with.

Ronja
December 3rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
'Haitian' is his name in the official cast list. The exact nature of his power is still a subject of debate.

Claire's dad is actually 'HRG' (for Horned-Rimmed Glasses). By the way, Claire's name is spelt 'Bennet'.

I've only read one of the online comics; the formatting is wonky and hard to deal with.

Oh okay thanks.

Yeah see some sites spell it Bennett and some Bennet... so I don't know which one is right :S I just went with IMDb's version. Same with Mr Bennet instead of HRG

Think everyone gets who I mean anyway ;)

DEM
December 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
I just sent a correction note to IMDB, based on NBC.com's spelling.

I'm sure everyone would get who I meant if I wrote 'Jack O'Neal'.

Ronja
December 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Better send that letter to epguides.com aswell :S... alright I'll ask a mod to change it!

silence
December 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
I was just thinking that ;) You'd have to be an angel not too use that power for.. "own advantage" tho :P

http://digilander.libero.it/le.faccine/faccinea/cartelli/statici/1524.gif

too bad i am not an angel.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9905/devilred4ry.gif

lostinspace
December 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
Vote Petrelli! (Landslide? Not so much here)....

Ronja
December 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/le.faccine/faccinea/cartelli/statici/1524.gif

too bad i am not an angel.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9905/devilred4ry.gif
LOL! Too bad you're not a hero ;)

Vote Petrelli! (Landslide? Not so much here)....
Landslide?

Sorry already voted ;) :D Peter isn't bad I like him too, but Hiro is still my fave

eri-chan
December 3rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
hiro! maybe more because i seem to be a japanophile. blah i hate that term. but at the same time, all the other characters are coming in close. its like the heroes ptb are feeding me their characters at a pace where i just demand more.

full.infinity
December 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
My favorite is Hiro but because he already has six votes I voted for my second favorite, Claire(and no, it's not just because she's almost my age :P)

eri-chan
December 4th, 2006, 03:27 PM
lol hiro is winning by a rando suraido.

The DJ
December 5th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I voted Peter. He is an empath in essence I think. That empathy just translates into power mimicing when he is around 'heroes'. Peter's character is just the really good guy that you can't help but root for and I think his power is one of the most interesting. Especially now that he will apparently be Retaining the abilities he absorbs and the new guy on the Jan. 22 ep will apparently start to teach him how to control it. I smell a Sylar ass-kicker!

Space Monkey52
December 5th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I had to vote Peter.

I just watched "Fallout", and when the credits came up I noticed my jaw had dropped. Anybody else have that reaction?

ToasterOnFire
December 5th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I'm partial to Hiro because he's so fun to watch. Actually, I like all of the characters so far.

silence
December 5th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I'm partial to Hiro because he's so fun to watch. Actually, I like all of the characters so far.

soooo true.... i like them all, they are normal people caught into something big.
only reason i picked Hiro is the way he accepts his destiny and acts...

that doesnt mean i think any less about any other char in the show... i was acctually really sad when i saw hero X die in 1x11....

i think writers are doing great job getting people to connect to chars in the show.... i don't think any show managed this as well as this one (at this point in it's history)... after just 11 eps we acctually like ALL of them....

there is even something in Sylar to like... there is no black and white here... i think that is the most important thing about this show.

Ronja
December 5th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Uh oh looks like I have to watch 1x11 soon! :eek:

there is even something in Sylar to like... there is no black and white here... i think that is the most important thing about this show.
Mhm I agree, I like when things aren't always what they seem and there's always a story behind the characters...

I'm glad someone voted for Mohinder, he's a great character!

Lord Iceman
December 7th, 2006, 06:47 PM
My favorite is Jesscia Sanders. Niki is too weak.

NubianQueen
December 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM
My favorite character is *que dramatic music* Dum duM DUM

THE HAITIAN, lol

He is just so mysterious and uber obsevervant. Only talks when he has too. And he is just too much of a [email protected] to care, cuz he is just cool like that.

Dude the Haitian Rocks, I hope we never get to know his real name, lol. Because "the Haitian" sound so much cooler, I can tell y'all that already, mawahahaha.

NQ

full.infinity
December 10th, 2006, 09:11 AM
He would have been cooler without the voice. It just doesn't fit the character very well.

GobiasSumCoffee
December 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
How can I be the only one that voted for HRG? He's awesome!

warmbeachbrat
December 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I like Ando the best. He's the perfect foil for Hiro's character and I think there's more to Ando than meets the eye. Second best...um, Isaac or Mohinder, I think.

My favorite power would be Nathan's power.

My least favorite character--Nikki. She irritates me intensely!

fatesfortune
December 19th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I voted for HRG, cause he is so cool! I love his character, he isn't really bad, but he isn't really good either. I think he's really interesting, so definatly my favorite.
I like Nathan too, cause he has the same sort of not good but not bad vibe too, but he cheated on his wife, so i like him less.
I think Peter comes in a close second though cause I really like him, followed by Claire, Zack and Mohinder.

Elles
December 20th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Just felt like stopping by and posting my list...

1. Hiro Nakamura
2. Sylar
3. Ando

silence
December 20th, 2006, 11:40 AM
My favorite character is *que dramatic music* Dum duM DUM

THE HAITIAN, lol

He is just so mysterious and uber obsevervant. Only talks when he has too. And he is just too much of a [email protected] to care, cuz he is just cool like that.

Dude the Haitian Rocks, I hope we never get to know his real name, lol. Because "the Haitian" sound so much cooler, I can tell y'all that already, mawahahaha.

NQ

i agree. really interesting character.
i like Hiro and i voted for him, but it's hard to say really... not to mention more heroes will come in second part of te show...

Commander Jumper
December 30th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Oh I love Hiro!!! he's so cute!!! I just want to hug him!!!! :D

Drysdale
December 30th, 2006, 12:45 PM
the only reason that sifi get all the good shows is cause most of the shows are unerated the people see how wrong they were sifi will take off big if they have heroes. also why wait just download them then watch them again when they come back on tv; i always find that i have to watch a season several time before i get everything from each epasode

jazz!
December 30th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Originally it was Hiro xD...

But Radioative Man, Peter has really astounded me!

And the actress playing claire has done a great job in the role!

So I'm stuck

Stargate_crazy
January 1st, 2007, 10:05 AM
I vote DL because how cool is his power. when Nikki/Jessica was shooting him the bullet went right through him and be able to phase out and walk through walls he can also use his power to go through people and most likely pinch off certain veins effectively killing someone. That power would be great when he plays hide and seek lol hide in the walls no matter how hard they tried to find you they couldn't lol...and of course other uses too

Neorapsta
January 4th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I'm going for Hiro, cos he's an almost total loser, so you can't not feel sorry for him or find him funny :D

MB.Eddie
January 4th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Hmm. I'm the only one to vote for Matt so far. Thats surprising...

My two favourites are Matt Parkman and Hiro Nakamura :cool:

mckaychick
January 4th, 2007, 07:28 AM
hiro by far

Doze
January 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hiro just great, He gets my vote.

GATEGOD
February 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
None of em, Elle all the way, followed Peter of course, then Adam, then Nathan, then invisible guy.

StargateHERO
March 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
my list is

1. Mohinder Suresh
2. Niki
3. Peter
4. DL

scifi_girl
March 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
my fav is hiro, he's so funny

Bray
March 13th, 2008, 03:53 AM
It's got to be Hiro

Allestian
March 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
SYLAR!!!

I just love him to bits!!!

(Come to think about it, if I came face-to-face with the guy I'd end up in bits)

:lol:

Eragon
March 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Its gotta be Hiro, he is so funny

nekoi
March 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hiro ftw! :D

Klenotka
March 18th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Nathan, of course :D He is the most complex character and, he is also hot :D

br260454
March 19th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Ando.

As a mere mortal, he gives us 'our' viewpoint on the show!

Also, just interviewed James Kyson Lee on SCI FI PI, so probably a wee bit biased. How can you not love a character that is half way between Dr Watson and, as he puts it, Han Solo!

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2008/03/James-Kyson-Lee-The-Ordinary-Hero/

aquagirl
March 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hiro is my most favorite. He is the best.:):):):):)

naamiaiset
March 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I'm with the majority on this one, hiro.

seventhbandit
April 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I was tempted to vote for Parkman as I really like how his character has develped in season 2 but in the end everyone's favourite time-traveller won out. GO HIRO!!! :P

Bey0nd
April 15th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Hiro !!

kakkoi ne!!!

the fifth man
April 15th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I would have to go with Peter. Not necessarily because of the character he currently is, but more for the kind of character he could be if he fully realized what he could do.

HyperCaz
April 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Matt Parkman ftw!! :D

His character appeals to me in that he's a bit like an underdog, your typical downtrodden guy but with latent courage and a sense of duty. And he seems so nice, especially with Molly. :)

HRG a close second, because despite being a litttttle Dark Side, I really liked his relationship with Claire. Company Man made me cry.

huntress
April 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Noah Bennet for me :)

Camelot
May 29th, 2008, 05:50 AM
My favourite character is Peter. :)

DONNA BOOTH
June 7th, 2008, 09:50 AM
My favorite characters are Peter,Claire and Nicky

tombombadil
June 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM
hiro owns.

Kezia
June 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I haven't watched too much of Heroes but. I always kinda liked Parkman, he just has this endearing quality to him. :D
Also Hiro and Mohinder, those guys are awesome.

I found Claire and Peter really annoying. :S
(But as I said, I've only watched a few eps so don't jump on me here :P)

Klenotka
June 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Claire and Peter got annoying in S2. I know people who actually started to dislike them. But it was mostly how they were written in S2. But how I can see now, S2 influenced me and I canīt sometimes stand Peter in S1, too. But itīs OK, when Peter is with Nathan who is able to slow him down a little and make him bareable :D

DONNA BOOTH
June 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I love Claire,Peter.Hiro and Nickyand nathan

Anlaria Onyx
June 12th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Aw, no love for Issac. He had the coolest power. He was my favorite.

Ronja
June 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM
(wow I can't believe this thread is still alive!)

Claire and Peter got annoying in S2. I know people who actually started to dislike them. But it was mostly how they were written in S2. But how I can see now, S2 influenced me and I canīt sometimes stand Peter in S1, too. But itīs OK, when Peter is with Nathan who is able to slow him down a little and make him bareable :D
I'm aaaaaaaalmost one of those people. I still like Peter but it's become very annoying. But it's all the writings fault, when Peter shud be Superman without the kryptonite, the writers turned him into a complete whimp and a stupid one at at that, no fun at all :(

But thats just me, I can't stand it when people have powers and don't use them...

Thats why Five Years Gone is by far my fave ep :D If season 3 could be like that ep, then I say hell yeah bring it on! ;) :D Otherwise no thanks

0xNatashax0
June 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
It has to be Hiro he's way to adorkable not to love!!!!

scifijunky
June 19th, 2008, 02:44 AM
i think hiro wins :)

mrscopterdoc
June 19th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Am I the only one who likes Eden? I would love to read minds.

stargatefanatic
July 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
hiro is awesome, claire is awesome, matt rocks, but peter is THE BEST. he has the best power EVER. he could walk by anyone with a cool power, and he has it!

and eden doesn't read minds you moron, she can control people. tell them what to do. that's how her mom died.

flameling
August 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I like Hiro the best, he just makes every thing funny.

silly sally
August 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Hiro, he's so funny and cute. Plus he has the coolest power...

SanGate
September 4th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Hiro for me too. He's just (unintentionally) funny, and so adorable and sweet. And he has a very cool power :D

Colonel Eriksen
September 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM
sylar is my faveourite

then comes Peter and Adam

Jumper_One
September 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Hiro :D

mr_kennedy
September 8th, 2008, 06:14 AM
nathan petrelli, aka jesus petrelli