X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey & Deadalus with full ZPM's

Spoilers from Echoes (SG Atlantis 3x12)

Spoiler:
    Now that Atlantis has given 1 ZPM to the Antarctic Weapons Chair Platform and 1 ZPM to the Odyssey, how many blasts would the Odyssey be able to take with a ZPM from a attack from a Ori War Ship.

Was the ZPM of the Deadalus depleted once the Blast wave of their Sun ended? The reason for this is as soon as the Blast wave finished, the shields had deactivated. (Or maybe it was because you can’t see shields unless it is being attacked.)

As the Deadalus shields took a lot of punishment from their Sun Blast Wave, I believe that the Odyssey & Deadalus could take more than a few hits from an Ori War Ship.

Now that an indefinite stable wormhole is established with the Super Gate to the Ori Galaxy, can’t we send in the Deadalus & Odyssey with full ZPM's to take the fight a little further?

We can't do a lot to their War Ships so how about Nuking all the priors in the Ori Galaxy or even the City Of Celestis. (I believe that Celestis is the City where all Prior are made or even given powers PS - does anyone know Gerak was transformed into a Prior. GateWorld.Net States 'Priors brought his (Gerak) essence to their city on Celestis')

The plains of Celestis must be in the same Galaxy as Daniel and Vala were transported they by Transport Rings when they were in the Village (Origin - SG-1 9x3)

NUKE CELESTIC. THAT'LL SHOW THE ORI.

Your Comments

Next Question :- How strong would a Ha'tak be if we were to loan them a ZMP.
    Would they have stronger sheilds, more have powerfull weapons, or be able to travel faster. Maybe leave the MW???????????? and head for the PG.
    Mckay would do the infacing as he can inface anything
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 07 December 2006, 06:26 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

...IF we could get the supergate to take us to the ori galaxy, or get there ourselves the Ori's ascended powers would far exceed that of a small 'sunspot' (I laugh at it!) Remember, by definition the Ori are gods, and I don't think a little ZPM would make a difference.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

zpm can't be that depleted or Rodney wouldve whined about it

Maybe theres 50% left. Maybe even more then 90%.
      im sure at least over 50%

Depends if the solar flare was strong or not. Maybe it was just very radioactive but not much "firepower"

Comment

Asgard shields aren't seen until they're impacted on.

Other shields are the same. In fact the only shields that are seen fully with no impacts is Atlantis. Perhaps all shields are briefly seen when the order to raise shields is done, just we haven't seen them properly until now. So the only thing that we do know for sure is about shields being impaced upon become visible.

As for the ZPM, tbh nobody knows. As seen in M&MM, ZPM's do have the capacity to be drained very, very quickly. The sun did seem to have some serious force behind it. However I don't think it's gone completely because....

Spoilers for 'The Tao of Rodney':

Spoiler:
        McKay wants to reprogram Atlantis's use of the Z.P.M. Hence if it was empty then Atlantis wouldn't be able to use it. So that pretty much shows it's not gone.

As seen in 'TSIII', 304's with a ZPM have much, much stronger shields & engines. The Hyperdrive without a ZPM runs regularly at only 25%. So that means that the shields are most likely to also be 4+ times stronger with the ZPM. Hence can take a lot more hits than normal. However they're not indestructible, we've seen what the sun did to the hull. As well as Wraith weapons draining Atlantis fairly quickly. However as long as they stay mobile while encountering Ori ships, then they should be fine.

For the wormhole bit, that isn't true!

Spoiler:
        The supergate was deactivated shortly after they came through between the MW & Ori galaxy. It was only re-activated in 'The Pegasus Project', however that was between the MW & Pegasus. 1 side has a supergate, while the other only has a regular gate. So they can't send anything bigger than a Jumper through. Even if they could send a 304 to the Ori galaxy. What good would it do, they don't have the weapons to damage Ori ships shields. So it would be an entirely defensive move. Then being that ZPM's aren't infinite. The 304 would be destroyed fairly quickly because there would be muiltple Ori ships & nowehere for them to hide. The Ori have comeplete control over that galaxy. So they see everything, not to mention the fact that they can act inside their own galaxy. Therefore they wouldn't need ships, when they could destroy the 304 instantly themselves. Look at 'Sanctuary' to see what an ascended being can do against a fleet of Wraith ships to get the idea.

Nuking them won't do any good either. In 'Beach Head' you see that they aren't afraid of Nukes. They could even use their powers to stop it from destroying the gate. Either way, we don't know where the majority of Priors are based & even if they are grouped together. Which I think they'd be spread out amongst their home galaxy. If it's in Celestis, then it'd be no use. The Ori are there themselves, so would detect & stop the nuke themselves. The city is protected &

The only way something like that could work would be to use the tained ZPM they have from Camulus. Use the ZPM to power the Stargate in the SGC, send it through to somewhere in the Ori galaxy that is makred as a good target. Then have it go off in a matter of secs after being sent through. The resulting explosions would kill off most of their followers. So without them to do their bidding in other galaxies, they would pretty much be stuck for a while until they created new life etc. That at least would buy them time to work on an Anti-Ori weapon.

Latly for Celestsis & it's location. We know rings have a limited transport location. So it's obviously in the same galaxy as the village that DJ & Vala went to. It's most likely located in an orbiting planet or moon off the planet. I doubt it would be on the same planet because they wouldn't want followers discovering it & annoyinbg them accidentally. So I see it as being like 'Paradise Lost' with O'Neill & Maybourne.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

Spoiler:
          Now that Atlantis has give 1 ZPM to the Antarctic Weapons Chair Platform and 1 ZPM to the Odyssey, how many blasts would the Odyssey be able to take with a ZPM from a attack from a Ori War Ship.

Was the ZPM of the Deadalus depleted once the Blast wave of their Sun ended? The reason for this is as soon as the Blast wave finished, the shields had deactivated. (Or maybe it was because you can’t see shields unless it is being attacked.)

As the Deadalus shields took a lot of punishment from their Sun Blast Wave, I believe that the Odyssey & Deadalus could take more than a few hits from an Ori War Ship.

Now that an indefinite stable wormhole is established with the Super Gate to the Ori Galaxy, can’t we send in the Deadalus & Odyssey with full ZPM's to take the fight a little further?

We can't do a lot to their War Ships so how about Nuking all the priors in the Ori Galaxy or even the City Of Celestis. (I believe that Celestis is the City where all Prior are made or even given powers PS - does anyone know Gerak was transformed into a Prior. GateWorld.Net States 'Priors brought his (Gerak) essence to their city on Celestis')

The plains of Celestis must be in the same Galaxy as Daniel and Vala were transported they by Transport Rings when they were in the Village (Origin - SG-1 9x3)

Your Comments

:tealcanime23
          i think u got the wrong idea on SGA 3X12.
          http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/312.shtml
          nothing about Z's
          your thread is misleading!
          & u make nosense, post in true english or close to it, so we know wth your talking about.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
          pps = power per second
          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
          xfire = zpm
          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
          http://m2kclan.com
          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
          port: 3785
          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!! View Post
            i think u got the wrong idea on SGA 3X12.
            http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/312.shtml
            nothing about Z's
            your thread is misleading!
            & u make nosense, post in true english or close to it, so we know wth your talking about.
            Actually everything he's saying ties in with what happened in the ep which has already aired in Canada.
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Which esp.????????

pps = power per second
              xfire = zpm

Comment

"Echoes" aired in Canada, the episode after "The Return, Pt.2."

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I've seen 3X11 already, but the idea of atlantis giving up 2 zpm's without being blackmailed or someone desperate is highly unlikely! & also, check out my theory on shield power in the thread Shields.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36750

Big Theory, Reading glass May Be Required!!!

FYI, I also think that the ori ships draw energy from the ascended dimension of the ori, which is why the pior's have to activate them. & why we can even make a small dent in the shield.
                  Last edited by zpm!!; 01 December 2006, 06:33 AM. Reason: ori theory

pps = power per second
                  xfire = zpm

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

:tealcanime23
                    Well I don't think nuking Celestis is really an option 'cos don't forget that's an Ori galaxy with no protection from the Ancients. As soon as you're there you'll just get your ass wooped by the Ascended Ori.
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!! View Post
                      I've seen 3X11 already, but the idea of atlantis giving up 2 zpm's without being blackmailed or someone desperate is highly unlikely! & also, check out my theory on shield power in the thread Shields.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36750

Big Theory, Reading glass May Be Required!!!
                      The problem is that they already have given them up! So it's very, very likely because it's already been done.

Comment

Well, i'll just have to go watch it then.

pps = power per second
                        xfire = zpm

Comment

I really believe that the Ori will be shocked next time they meet the Oddeesey, the deadalus took enough energy to make an Ori beam look like a water pistol. I dont think the Ori will be able to destroy the Oddesey for at least a couple of dozen hits, that sun spot owuld have vaporised a significant portion of a planet, no weapon we have ever sene has been able to do that. The Wriath would never be able to defeat our shields if the deadalus had a ZPM, it would put us on Par with atlantis in terms of protection. The Ori may have some problems attacking earth, with the Oddesey with full working ZPM and asgard shields, plus the Outpost in full working order (with possible new drones salvaged from the Tria)...the finalle is going to be one hell of a showdown..
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            I really believe that the Ori will be shocked next time they meet the Oddeesey, the deadalus took enough energy to make an Ori beam look like a water pistol. I dont think the Ori will be able to destroy the Oddesey for at least a couple of dozen hits, that sun spot owuld have vaporised a significant portion of a planet, no weapon we have ever sene has been able to do that. The Wriath would never be able to defeat our shields if the deadalus had a ZPM, it would put us on Par with atlantis in terms of protection. The Ori may have some problems attacking earth, with the Oddesey with full working ZPM and asgard shields, plus the Outpost in full working order (with possible new drones salvaged from the Tria)...the finalle is going to be one hell of a showdown..
                            it really depends on the energy efficency of the Deadalus class, if it's as power efficent as atlantis (which i doubt) then it could survive for days against th Wraith but i doubt that it's that power efficent, plus we no from return part 1...

Spoiler:
                            a group of wraith cruisers were enough to drive off an ancient warship with a Z.P.M, thats shows me people have been underestimating the Deadalus's shields...

as for the Ori i can see it taking a dozen or so hits with a Z.P.M, but i agree the finale is going to be fantastic!
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              a group of wraith cruisers were enough to drive off an ancient warship with a Z.P.M, thats shows me people have been underestimating the Deadalus's shields...

as for the Ori i can see it taking a dozen or so hits with a Z.P.M, but i agree the finale is going to be fantastic!
                              The problem is we don't know the full story in regards to that particular incident!

Spoiler:
                              For all we know they got damaged against half a dozen Hives. Then the Cruisers came in, the already damaged Tria/Trea decided it was safer to go because the Hyperdrive was already damaged earlier & they didn't want to take the risk of anything else going wrong. Perhaps they used up all their Drones fighting. The Cruisers came & they had no weapons left, so they had no choice but to run etc. There are numerous ways. However I seriously don't see a few Cruisers standing up to a fully working 'Aurora' class warship with a fully working ZPM to boost the shields etc. Just cannot see that happening at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X