Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

were the pyramids built by the ancients and not the goa'uld?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were the pyramids built by the ancients and not the goa'uld?

I really only have two arguments for this

1) The PoO is a pyramid with a circle above it...obviously in Stargate The Movie they led it to be that Ra made the gate....Now why would the ancients build the gate of earth with a pyramid on the gate when it would be a few million years until Ra and the Goa'uld showed up.

2) The Goa'uld used the technology of the pyramid with their whole parasitic nature.

I've thought about this before, and my guess is yeah, the Ancients did use pyramidal designs. It's fairly simple after all.
    This post brought to you by Snackey-Smores.

Comment

movie is not cannon

Comment

Maybe the egyptians built the pyramids because they saw the design on the stargate?

Comment

Actually the current theory is that the giant aliens from "Crystal Skull" built them and then taught the Ancients, or vise versa.

Comment

i dont believe that the goa'ulds built the piramids because they cant think much, they are much like the replicators, but instead of replicating, their mission is conquer.

i dont believe that the ancients built the piramids either or atlantis would be more like a piramid.

The giant aliens from "Crystal Skull" are a more possible people for building them

btw, i'd wish that those giant aliens would reappear

Comment

The Ancients couldn't have invented everything.

And yes the Giant Aliens probably came up with the idea. And they are probably the Furlings.

That pyramid is just a meetingpoint where regular humans can interact with the Furlings.

YAY post 2,000

Comment

Imhotep, the Former Lesser Goa'uld who never had much of a following has been credited with the pyramid design by many fans. In real life, he did design the pyramids and in stargate, his jaffa wear his symbol, an upside-down pyramid.

It could be a mountain instead of a pyramid. The Ancients definitely know what a triangle is and therefore, they are free to use it whenever they wish. So, the Ancients not necesarily have to had built the pyramids to have made the symbol. The Stargate system is much older.

The only problem with the Giant Aliens is that they had a zigguret like pyramid. The Goa'uld CAN create pyramids. They are not stupid as everyone might presume. They have produced multiple things and having Imhotep come up with the idea of the pyramids does not seem inaccurate.

Comment

Up until Evolution, I would have said that the Goa'uld could not have made the pyramids, but....

Spoiler for season seven Evolution

Spoiler:
                  if the Goa'uld could take a piece of Ancient tech like the prop Daniel found in CA and turn it into a sarc, then they may very well have built their Hatak and a point to nest them on, too.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

It is possible that when the Goa'uld discovered the gate they saw the pyramid on it and thought hey there is triangle like shape on that gate and I have a ship that is shaped like a pyramid and a triangle and a pyramid are very similar so why don't I act like I made the gate and build my technology around stuff that has to do with pyramids.

Comment

I think the Goa'uld stole it from the Giannnnt Aliens. Since the Goa'uld is GA's enemy, the Goa'uld must have done something to piss them off. My guess is they destroyed a city or two and took off with one of GA's ship.

Goa'uld took the ship home, modified and use it as the basis of their motherships.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

movie is not cannon
                        Yeah, well the PoO for Earth is the same pyramid circle.
                        This post brought to you by Snackey-Smores.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadtw
                          movie is not cannon
                          The issue of using pyramids as landing platforms for motherships has been confirmed as cannon in SG-1 episodes.

BTW, the movie is somewhat cannon. Without the movie there would be no TV show...

Comment

I'd say anything from the movie is canon until it is contradicted in the show.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              I'd say anything from the movie is canon until it is contradicted in the show.
                              Agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X