PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Eccleston as "Claude - Peter's Mentor"

The Ori
November 30th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Hey just found out that Christopher Eccleston will be playing a character called Claude who has the ability to be invisible and he will be Peter's mentor. Eccleston will teach Peter how to control his powers!!

Eccleston will be on the January 22nd ep!

www.9thwonders.com

silence
November 30th, 2006, 05:26 AM
these are great news... cool power and cool actor... damn...
this will be interesting to see.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 30th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I read about it in TV Guide, in their 2007 SciFi Preview.

MarshAngel
November 30th, 2006, 10:21 AM
This sounds like great news. I miss him as the doctor. and of course this suggests Pete will have active powers to control... which is very good news.

the fifth man
November 30th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I can't wait to see how this plays out. Bringing him onboard was a great decision IMO.

travis
November 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I can't wait to see how this plays out. Bringing him onboard was a great decision IMO.

Totally agree with you.

Xanderic
November 30th, 2006, 05:40 PM
how do you see an invisible man? o.o . For all we know, Christopher Eccleston may not be playing the invisible man in some episodes o.o

The Ori
December 1st, 2006, 08:03 AM
Well if we can't see him then we have to definately be able to hear him!!

Plus also we know that in episode 11 "Fallout" sumone will die, if Eccleston is Peter's mentor then it means that Peter won't die!!

IMForeman
December 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
As I pointed out in a different thread, having an Invisible Man named Claude is a blatant reference to Claude Rains, the most famous of Invisible Men.

sg1niner
December 1st, 2006, 07:24 PM
how do you see an invisible man? o.o . For all we know, Christopher Eccleston may not be playing the invisible man in some episodes o.o

I think we'll see Chris through Peter.. because doesnt peter use other heroes powers? Claude probably spent a few years of his life invisible and once he meets Peter.. a man who can probably see him because of his own powers will probably explain why the two of them become good friends. They both will help each other out.

AZ0487
December 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
he not going to be invisable all the time he has the ability to do that

Xanderic
December 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
he not going to be invisable all the time he has the ability to do that

or maybe his ability is always activated. o.O... who knows...

Prior Jon
December 2nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Its gonna suck when they kill him though.
The Mentor ALWAYS dies. Well, most of the time anyway.

theonebluegecko
December 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Well if we can't see him then we have to definately be able to hear him!!

Plus also we know that in episode 11 "Fallout" sumone will die, if Eccleston is Peter's mentor then it means that Peter won't die!!

That is what I thought when I heard the news that someone would die. Peter's character is really interesting and I really think that the show could go somewhere with it. I did not think that he would be the one to die, but it is good to know that he will not.

Xanderic
December 2nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Its gonna suck when they kill him though.
The Mentor ALWAYS dies. Well, most of the time anyway.

yep. the typical death. [mod snip - spoilers!] et al.

full.infinity
December 2nd, 2006, 02:02 PM
yep. the typical death. Dumbledore. Xavier. et al.
No, he's a Time Lord, he'll just regenerate :P

The Ori
December 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
hahahahahahaahahhahaha!

The Ori
December 2nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
But although so far www.9thwonders.com is the official fans site, remember IMDB had written that Sean Bean would play Sylar, and that not the case!! So I don't really know what to belive at the moment!!

Xanderic
December 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
But although so far www.9thwonders.com is the official fans site, remember IMDB had written that Sean Bean would play Sylar, and that not the case!! So I don't really know what to belive at the moment!!

then don't believe anything until January 22nd when you can watch it and confirm it yourself.

The Ori
December 11th, 2006, 08:04 AM
then don't believe anything until January 22nd when you can watch it and confirm it yourself.

Ooh cheeky little bugger, GREEN for the attittude!

The Ori
December 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM
That is what I thought when I heard the news that someone would die. Peter's character is really interesting and I really think that the show could go somewhere with it. I did not think that he would be the one to die, but it is good to know that he will not.

Agreed! Although I do like the the powers of sum of the characters like Nathan, Hiro Nakamura, Claire and Niki (ERRRR, ONLY JOKIN - HER POWER IS THE SHI**EST POWER I'VE EVER SEEN, ITS NOT A POWER BUT SCHIZOPHRENIA, HAHAHAAH). Anyway we don't really know the extent of Peter's powers, we don't what he does, we do know that he can't control the powers so who knows maybe he actually does absorb the power permanently and then he doesn't have to be near the HERO to do what they can do and he just doesn't know that yet!! WOW!

So yeh he can't die, in my opinion he is themain character, but nowadays you never know they may kill off the main character, like they did on "Vanished".

But yeh I'd like to see the extent of Peter's powers! Je'voudrais!

Ojos
December 11th, 2006, 04:45 PM
God, if there's one thing I hate its people who go around asking for spoiler tags. Time for some self-loathing, then. Mind changing the title of the thread to take out what Eccleston's role will be? I've been trying to go as spoiler-free for my shows as possible for this round of seasons, just to try something new.

Thanks!

Xanderic
December 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Agreed! Although I do like the the powers of sum of the characters like Nathan, Hiro Nakamura, Claire and Niki (ERRRR, ONLY JOKIN - HER POWER IS THE SHI**EST POWER I'VE EVER SEEN, ITS NOT A POWER BUT SCHIZOPHRENIA, HAHAHAAH). Anyway we don't really know the extent of Peter's powers, we don't what he does, we do know that he can't control the powers so who knows maybe he actually does absorb the power permanently and then he doesn't have to be near the HERO to do what they can do and he just doesn't know that yet!! WOW!

So yeh he can't die, in my opinion he is themain character, but nowadays you never know they may kill off the main character, like they did on "Vanished".

But yeh I'd like to see the extent of Peter's powers! Je'voudrais!

Niki has Jessica & Jessica has superstrength. So Niki *technically* does have a power.

I watched the early eps of Vanished but it got canceled here I believe so I never continued watching it. Same with Kidnapped although I never watched Kidnapped to begin with.

Commander Jumper
December 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I read about it in TV Guide, in their 2007 SciFi Preview.
same LOL I buy it every week....*hugs T.V. Guide* I wuv my T.V. Guide...and boy am I psyched to see my Chris on T.V. again he was soo cool......

The Ori
December 12th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Niki has Jessica & Jessica has superstrength. So Niki *technically* does have a power.

I watched the early eps of Vanished but it got canceled here I believe so I never continued watching it. Same with Kidnapped although I never watched Kidnapped to begin with.

They aired the final episodes of "Vanished" on the internet!! Its not bad, but a bit wierd, poor Eddie Cibrian, seems like every show he's on gets cancelled!!

The Ori
December 12th, 2006, 05:10 AM

I guess, but still its crap!! HA

Xanderic
December 13th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I guess, but still its crap!! HA

What's crap? Niki or Vanished/Kidnapped?

full.infinity
December 14th, 2006, 02:41 AM
What's crap? Niki or Vanished/Kidnapped?
Judging from the post above that I think he's talking about Jessica/Niki.

The Ori
December 29th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Everything,

- the Niki/Jessica character is crap!

- Vanished is crap

- Kidnapped is crap!

Commander Jumper
December 30th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I read about this ages ago but I'm very excited....the week before I'll be getting Doctor who Season one and Two so I can overdose on the Ninth Doctor and then overdose again the following monday :D

The Ori
January 2nd, 2007, 04:12 AM
Hey if you guys wanna see the pnew pics that have been released for the up nad coming episodes then go here (http://www.herosite.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15), HeroSite.net is the new site out for Heroes!

unowhoandwhy
January 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
:( Why did they have to make him all scruffy and not sexy? CE is dead sexy & talented, let him show both!

Although, I'm not complaining too much, it is wonderful to see Chris getting more screen time!

The Ori
January 13th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I can't b-leve they got CE, having him scruffy adds to the extra edge he has and Heroes will now have!!

Commander Jumper
January 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I love knowing that Chris is just a few days away.... I can nearly see him... LOL though I'll be getting a good overdose of him on...... Tuesday....I'm getting S1 of DW :p *dances*

The Ori
January 14th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I love knowing that Chris is just a few days away.... I can nearly see him... LOL though I'll be getting a good overdose of him on...... Tuesday....I'm getting S1 of DW :p *dances*

I know what you mean!!

Commander Jumper
January 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM
LOL the DVD for S2 is out tuesday..... and B&N is selling their box sets two for one.... so........ I'm getting S1 and S2 tuesday :p for fifty bucks each...:D....that is part of my Christmas/Valentines day presents :p

Easter Lily
January 14th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Scruffy Eccleston will be terrific, I'm sure... part of the man's chameleonic repertoire.
;)

Commander Jumper
January 17th, 2007, 09:33 AM
:( my parents are mean!!! they did not buy my Doctor Who DVDS!!!! :(..... I'll have to be like The Ori and DL them...or wait untill my birthday :(

docballen
January 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Scruffy Eccleston will be terrific, I'm sure... part of the man's chameleonic repertoire.
;)

I saw a promo for "Heroes" yesterday and they showed a full frontal facial shot of CE smiling and scruffy. Man, did I miss him as Dr Who... but can't wait to see him on Heroes!!

(Scuse me I gotta wipe the drool off my chin!!!)

Doze
January 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I saw a promo for "Heroes" yesterday and they showed a full frontal facial shot of CE smiling and scruffy. Man, did I miss him as Dr Who... but can't wait to see him on Heroes!!Nice to keep him in the Sci Fi world.

Commander Jumper
January 19th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I saw a promo for "Heroes" yesterday and they showed a full frontal facial shot of CE smiling and scruffy. Man, did I miss him as Dr Who... but can't wait to see him on Heroes!!

(Scuse me I gotta wipe the drool off my chin!!!)

mind passing a tissue for me too :p

AJZ
January 21st, 2007, 09:30 AM
I really hope they make Chris a regular actor on the show he's got a truly amazing acting ability ala Dr.Who, Shallow Grave and a list of other roles.

Commander Jumper
January 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
I hope they have him as a regualr too!!!! I love Chris!!! did anyone see his smirk in the commercial!!! it was soo cute!!!

Iguana775
January 22nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Just saw the Doctor on tonights show. Good to see him. I loved him in Doctor Who.

IMForeman
January 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Re CE in Godsend:

MORE!!! More, more, more, gorramit! MORE!!!

Commander Jumper
January 23rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
WAAAHOOO!!!! chris!!! I loved him...in the breif moments they featured his lovely scruffy face.... He was so cute!!! he maybe old enough to be my father..but he was hot :p.... LOL did he have the accent???

IMForeman
January 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
And now Eric Roberts is coming aboard (http://spoilerfix.com/heroes.php). A former Doctor and and a former Master!!!

The Ori
January 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Yeh I'm loving the idea of Eccleston teaching Peter to control his powers!