Micah's Powers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micah's Powers?

I'm leaning towards him having Forge's (X-Men) ability. But he can build and repair things using psychically. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Prior Jon View Post
    I'm leaning towards him having Forge's (X-Men) ability. But he can build and repair things using psychically. What do you guys think?
    We have Forge as Sylar.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=38034

Micah is a Technopath. He just makes non-working electric things work.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic View Post
      We have Forge as Sylar.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=38034

Micah is a Technopath. He just makes non-working electric things work.
      Technopath, huh? I kind of like that.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

technopath sounds cool. here ive been saying that he has an affinity for technology.

Comment

Seems to me like he's some sort of child genuis with an affinity for technology. Judging by what i've seen alreadythat is, but wether its powers or he's just fortunate i could'nt say yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FlightPod View Post
            Seems to me like he's some sort of child genuis with an affinity for technology. Judging by what i've seen alreadythat is, but wether its powers or he's just fortunate i could'nt say yet.
            He's been shown using his powers to fix a pay phone.
            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
              He's been shown using his powers to fix a pay phone.
              The interesting thing is that he did not completely fix the pay phone. Remember it worked for him, but when his dad tried it, it did not anymore.
              Weir: He's just a boy!
              Jinto: I am Jinto.
              Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                The interesting thing is that he did not completely fix the pay phone. Remember it worked for him, but when his dad tried it, it did not anymore.
                Though Micah wouldn't have wanted it to have worked when D.L. tried, since he claimed that the phone was broken and that he was just "playing" with it.

Comment

Well having caught up its revealed that he does in fact have powers, which has some simlarity to sylars powers, possibly the same.

Comment

In Micah, we have a technopath, or at least, one who can see what's wrong and start to fix things electronically. If Gabriel/Sylar started out as a time piece or watchmaker, who's to say Micah doesn't have the same ability to see how the powers work in others as well? After all, our brains are a bunch of "circuits" and there has been some indication that he caught on to the Niki/Jessica alter-ego very quickly. I hope next year moves the Sanders family arc a lot faster and in a more integrated way than how it's been thus far -- with Micah hopefully playing a role in helping his mom fix herself.
                    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Fix it boy!! Yeh
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Actually, Sylar's power is intuition -- he understand how things work. It's possible that Micah has the same power, but further enhanced. He understands how things work (when he took the laptop apart and in Genesis, he was rebuilding the logic board), and seems to have the ability to effect repairs to it. Sylar's only able to change himself. Micah changes others.

Comment

Micah's ability seems to be the ability to transmit an interperate low-voltage electrical signals, more than anything else. That would allow him to understand the laptop and use a disconnected payphone without having Sylar-level intuition.

With the laptop, he could feel the circuits just by touching them and sending a signal down them, alloing him to completely map out the laptop in his head. This would also allow him to manipulate the payphone, since modern phone systems use purely electonic switching.

Comment

I know this is just theformer comic book geek in me talking but the creator's mentioned in a article about having one character control magnetism. it's possible that Micah could have used magnetism hotwire the phone.
                            Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how they develop Micah because his powers are starting to manifest at a much younger age than any of the others, possibly because both of his parents have special abilities.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X