X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG:A comparisons with Voyager

An observation.....not yet a critique.

TEYLA EMMAGAN she is Nelix. the "local" who knows "everyone".

WEIR? janeway of course

MAJOR JOHN SHEPPARD and DR. RODNEY MCKAY ---split of Paris

LIEUTENANT AIDEN FORD - tuvock

DR. CARSON BECKETT - they even said it.....last week.....he's scotty!!!!

Now so far I like Atlantis but the new leader being a female, stuck far far away from home with no way back unless they can find that awesome ZedPM........come on.

of course, Lt. Ford turns into the token black guy.

in Star Trek Voyager they got taken by the Keeper against their will.

Stargate Atlantis, they went there all on their own accord.

i swear this the third thread i've seen where someone has compared Stargate Atlantis to Star Trek Voyager.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

but still, there is a big coincidence

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

OMFG sg1 is just like star trek because they explor!!111

Comment

Voyager started out ok and ended bad.
          SG:A started out great and is doing good don't see why you had to put down the series like that.

I want SG:A to be like DS9, different but still a good show.
          "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
          of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
          Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
          because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
          of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
          another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by donnie_darko
            Voyager started out ok and ended bad.
            SG:A started out great and is doing good don't see why you had to put down the series like that.

I want SG:A to be like DS9, different but still a good show.
            Ugh. Don't relate it to Trek. it's Stargate, It's on a whole new, and far superior level
            sigpic

Comment

I know that but if your going to relate it to Trek make sure its a good Trek
              "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
              of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
              Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
              because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
              of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
              another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

The only plot elements they share are that in both series the people are stranded far away from home.

In dullager (my name for Voyager) they had horrible writing and lackluster cast. The series centered around tryin gto get back home. So far SGA has not been about getting back but instead revolved around exploring the place.

The two series are nothing a like in structure (thank god) but I can see why the one thing they hace in common make people draw that conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                  The only plot elements they share are that in both series the people are stranded far away from home.

In dullager (my name for Voyager) they had horrible writing and lackluster cast. The series centered around tryin gto get back home. So far SGA has not been about getting back but instead revolved around exploring the place.

The two series are nothing a like in structure (thank god) but I can see why the one thing they hace in common make people draw that conclusion
                  i liked Star Trek Voyager. it's Deep Space Nine i couldn't stand. but that's just me.

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis both kick ass so it's not like Star Trek

Comment

TEYLA EMMAGAN she is Nelix. the "local" who knows "everyone".

Resident alien, you mean. But she can't cook that we know of.

WEIR? janeway of course

Nah, Janeway did evreything her way and that was it!

MAJOR JOHN SHEPPARD and DR. RODNEY MCKAY ---split of Paris

But Rodney is so obnoxious.... (in a perversely likeable way). Perhaps a bit of Tom Paris in Sheppard, but just a touch.

LIEUTENANT AIDEN FORD - tuvock

Uh, Ford smiles way too much to be a vulcan!

DR. CARSON BECKETT - they even said it.....last week.....he's scotty!!!!

No. Dr. McCoy. Scotty had no problems beaming around the galaxy. McCoy, on the other hand, hated it

Comment

you know, maybe this thread should have been 'SG:A = Star Trek' because neither McCoy nor Scotty were in Star Trek Voyager

Comment

wait a second....every sci-fi show ever is derivative of jules verne....

and jules verne is derivitave of basic plot themes.....

and all plot themes have been done, overdone and done to death.....

so....let's just acknowledge that ORIGINAL writing stopped sometime last century and enjoy it for what it is. A great show, with some pretty good writing and enjoyable characters.

orginal? nothing is....
                        fun? yaaayoubetcha.
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                          wait a second....every sci-fi show ever is derivative of jules verne....

and jules verne is derivitave of basic plot themes.....

and all plot themes have been done, overdone and done to death.....

so....let's just acknowledge that ORIGINAL writing stopped sometime last century and enjoy it for what it is. A great show, with some pretty good writing and enjoyable characters.

orginal? nothing is....
                          fun? yaaayoubetcha.
                          all too true.

the only things that really change are the technology, characters, and the time it takes place.

Comment

Now I disagree that everything that can be done has been done. The thing is that everything that hasn´t been done has not been done because it´s unviable in the eyes of the execs that make the decisions on what shows go on the air and what shows never make it past an idea.

If the US wasn´t so up tight about many things and unwilling to explore series about something other then heroes and such we might have gotten a more diverse diet of sci-fi but alas that will never come to be.

Comment

SPOILERS!

As long as SGA doesn't rely on time travel and alternate universe stories most of the time, like Voyager did, I'll be happy. I know with an upcoming episode called "Before I Sleep" deals with time travel, which I'm a bit iffy about since they are doing a time travel episode in Season 1, but as long as it's not a plot device thats used all the time, I'm all for it.

As for Voyager, bah! It was horrible towards the end, and that stigma has unfortunately followed on with Enterprise.
                              "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Working...
                              X