X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Leather Jacket

Hey all,

I'm trying to put together a detailed description and picture gallery of the leather jacket worn by Sheppard in Season 3 of Atlantis in the hopes that I might be able to get it custom made for a somewhat reasonable price (yeah that's probably delusional but ya never know!) I found out that Sheppard's jacket is custom made so there's no other way to get it. Anyway, I found enough pictures and a description but I still have a few questions that I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. I think the jacket is something like lambskin but I don't know all that much about leather, does anyone know more?
    2. In the below picture on the bottom right (as you sit facing the screen) you can see the jacket has an underlining that looks like fleece to me. Again I don't know much about underlinings or types or whatnot so might that be right?

3. The jacket has vents under the arms but in the second below picture it actually looks like he has pockets on the sides in additions to the vents. Does anyone else see them?

Those are the only questions I have, if anyone could help me with them I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I am not sure but I think it might be calf skin chap leather, its is not motorcycle chap leather as it looks like it is only about 1/2oz leather. I Dark Dreams Leather specialize in leather Corsets, Armor and costuming but I havent yet explored using garment leather other then motorcycle chap leather. If you live in the USA take those pictures to a tandy leather store they can prob tell you what it is and maybe even fwd to to someone that can make the jacket.
    hope that helps a little.

Comment

If I had to hazard a guess, if it was custom made, it's probably lambskin, but calfskin is also a possibility. Regular leather is just too stiff to get that worn, lived in, but still beautiful look.

The jacket could have "vents" under the arm, to facilitate movement. As for the lining, if you are looking for something for colder weather, go with fleece, or consider a zip out lining.....just a thought. I'll try and look for closer shots of the jacket. BTW, at least one person, but probably 3, won set tours at Avalon, of Atlantis. Perhaps you could find out who, and ask them to ask the wardrobe department.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Cool, thanks guys! I don't know how to find out who won the Atlantis tours in Avalon but I may be able to find some people going to the Vancouver Con in 2006. Maybe one of them can help me out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!
        sigpic

Comment

Hey look! I found the answer to one of my questions! Shep's jacket DOES have side pockets in addition to the vertical chest pocket and the under arm vents.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Have you tried just contacting the show's wardrobe department directly? I'm sure if you did some digging you could find an e-mail address or something.

Comment

I sent a letter to the wardrobe department, c/o Bridge Studios but I haven't gotten a response back yet. Do you know of somewhere I could get an e-mail address?
              sigpic

Comment

No, but what you could try is searching for the "home page" or "official site" of the wardrobe / costume designers (meaning: google their names) and contact them by whatever info they have on their personal site.

Comment

Christina McQuarrie seems to be the wardrobe designer and unfortunately she doesn't have a website, nor does Stargate have a website for the costume department. BACK to the drawing board!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSheppard28 View Post
                    Christina McQuarrie seems to be the wardrobe designer and unfortunately she doesn't have a website, nor does Stargate have a website for the costume department. BACK to the drawing board!
                    I love Christina McQuarrie's work she is very creative and original woman!

I think it would be a very great experience and pleasure to work with her learning and working... I love creative world!!!

It's a pity that she haven't any website!
                    Nile

Comment

I WANT THAT JACKET lol
                      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Me too! I'm a leather jacket junkie and one that is an exact replica of Sheppard's is a must have!
                        sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSheppard28 View Post
                          Cool, thanks guys! I don't know how to find out who won the Atlantis tours in Avalon

Oh, there I can help you (I also was there, btw)

Go here: http://forums.gabitevents.com/viewto...?t=380&start=0

In this thead angiebaby talked about it, and she also mentiones a Vicky she wants to go with which I suppose would be tiggerific in the GABIT-forum.

Good luck!
                          Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Some people were trying to identify is it was a modified stock or custom made jacket on sg-command.net in this post here.

One of the members recieved this email.

"8/31/2006 8:11:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Hi there Ryan,

It was so nice to get your email- I am so heartened when the costumes are noticed... I do have a little bad news for you though-Sheppard's new leather jacket was designed by Christina and built in our shop. I have no idea whatsoever where you could get a similar jacket. I am so sorry.

I loved the pictures of you and you did a great job on your Atlantis uniform!
                            Take care and I hope you have some luck finding a close match on style of the jacket. Hope to see you next season...

(name withheld for privacy)"

Comment

Working...
                            X