PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see anyone hook up ??

Adria
November 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
do you see any potential ships coming up in the near future of the show.
or would you rather no ships at all. :)

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Aww man, no. Noooo. no!

travis
November 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM
LOL this was bound to come up. Personally no, but if the story fits to the ship I have no probs but don't ship or the sake of shipping.

The Hiro and Charlie ship was perfect IMO so close but so far away. Make the reprecussion of the character so much better.

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 10:31 PM
LOL this was bound to come up. Personally no, but if the story fits to the ship I have no probs but don't ship or the sake of shipping.

The Hiro and Charlie ship was perfect IMO so close but so far away. Make the reprecussion of the character so much better.
Absolutly agree. I would have to say no for the most part- I have a similar feeling about Stargate, it's not a show for ships, it just doesn't work that way.

If it enhances the story, absolutly. Agreed on Hiro and Charlie, perfect ship becuase it was key to moving the plot forward, and developing the character; it wasn't ship for the sake of ship. :)

LadyBozi
November 28th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Peter & Claire...

*Runs away*

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Peter & Claire...

*Runs away*
Have to wonder what the age difference there is. ;) :P

travis
November 29th, 2006, 12:33 AM

I'm going to keep this simple with out any implication of shipping, but age should'nt be a problem they are adults, thats assuming Clair is 18 as she is graduating soon.

mentalmichael
November 29th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I'm going to keep this simple with out any implication of shipping, but age should'nt be a problem they are adults, thats assuming Clair is 18 as she is graduating soon.
Actually I remember reading in an interview with Chris Kring (the creator of Heroes) that she's only 17 so there's no way she and peter will have a romantic relationship - only a close friendship.

lostinspace
November 29th, 2006, 02:54 AM
When it comes to relationships, I prefer shows (like SGA) that "have the sexual tension but don't always fulfill it" vs. Torchwood and BSG where folks have "done it" only to disappoint fans. For Heroes, my fav canon pairs thus far are Niki/DL, Nathan/Heidi, Matt/Janice and Hiro/Charlie. After seeing them 6 months ago, I'd love to see them back together again though I fear the last is history. As for only-in-our-dreams hookups, I'd go with Jessica/Peter or Nathan or even Ando (come on, sidekicks need to get a piece of the action too)! Age isn't an issue there - except for the 'small' matter of some being married or say, mental....

Blue Banrigh
November 29th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Happy to leave the ships up to TPTB. Charlie/Hiro was quite adorable.

eri-chan
November 29th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Peter & Claire...

*Runs away*

lol i knew you'd say that XD

i dont think it'd happen but more like a really good friendship.

hiro and charlie were cute. didnt really expect anything but it was there. poor guy.

i kinda want dl and niki to fix things up. they looked damn hot together when they started speaking to each other and he held her.

DEM
November 29th, 2006, 08:48 PM
No, no, no -- at least not amongst the Heroes.* In fact, I'd be glad to see Niki/DL go the way of the dodo.

* Hiro/Charlie was an exception, but... well, you know. :p

LadyBozi
November 30th, 2006, 01:52 PM

Personally, I don't really care about the whole age diff. They have great chemistry. And.... the guy who plays MATT[Greg] Said she's pushing 18! lol.. see... even he shipps them. I can tell you doh..that They are one of the most popular parings. But I do want D.L./Niki ;; Jessica/Nathen;; Matt/Wife? ;; Hiro/CHarlie is love... =] Issacc can dump Simone.. I dont like the woman anyway lol.

Easter Lily
November 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm happy for TPTB to do whatever tickles their fancy really...

While I don't care for Simone or Matt's wife all that much... at least it's canon. I like Heidi though and would love to see more of her. She seems to have a bit more spunk and very clued in.

Age discrepancies aside, I can sort of see why people see Claire/Peter although I prefer Claire/Zach (his preferences aside).

Hiro and Charlie was gorgeous... Wonder if she has a twin sister. ;)

ShadowMaat
November 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I'd rather watch the entire planet blow up and everyone die than to see any of the heroes hooking up. :P

Xanderic
November 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Eden and Haitian. xP... See the romantic (if any) side of the Haitian.

travis
November 30th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Ok lets go for something more dramatic and taboo, like Pete and Sylar.;)

Xanderic
November 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Ok lets go for something more dramatic and taboo, like Pete and Sylar.;)

no no no... they would be the worst couple ever. Sylar would corrupt Pete to insanity and Pete would constantly be taking Sylar's power and trying to use it against him. They would both be constantly fighting for power.

Zach and Nathan. Mr. Bennet and Claire. Heidi and Simone.

ShadowMaat
November 30th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Claire and Eden would be a great match. Seriously. And can you imagine how it'd frak with Daddy Dearums? :D

travis
November 30th, 2006, 05:16 PM
no no no... they would be the worst couple ever. Sylar would corrupt Pete to insanity and Pete would constantly be taking Sylar's power and trying to use it against him. They would both be constantly fighting for power.

Zach and Nathan. Mr. Bennet and Claire. Heidi and Simone.

LOL thats the point, Good and Evil what perfect balance and harmony.

lostinspace
November 30th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Sounds like an old married couple to me ;) And Peter and Sylar? Frell no! Peter needs to kick Sylar/Gabriel/psycho-Clark Kent dude's ass, NOT ... (you get the idea).

Xanderic
November 30th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Sounds like an old married couple to me ;) And Peter and Sylar? Frell no! Peter needs to kick Sylar/Gabriel/psycho-Clark Kent dude's ass, NOT (you get the idea).

so what you're saying is Peter needs to slap Sylar's ass and Sylar needs to take Peter like a man.

travis
November 30th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Sounds like an old married couple to me ;) And Peter and Sylar? Frell no! Peter needs to kick Sylar/Gabriel/psycho-Clark Kent dude's ass, NOT (you get the idea).

LOL sounds like foreplay to me:p

travis
November 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM
so what you're saying is Peter needs to slap Sylar's ass and Sylar needs to take Peter like a man.

:lol:

lostinspace
November 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Ack! I'm going to lurk in my Milo/Peter appreciation thread and think happy - clean - thoughts. The guy's got enough on his hands *cough* what with those incredibly distracting emo!bangs. ;)

Xanderic
November 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Ack! I'm going to lurk in my Milo/Peter appreciation thread and think happy - clean - thoughts. The guy's got enough on his hands *cough* what with those incredibly distracting emo!bangs. ;)

LOL. Peter and the gang should bang Sylar... oh wait he can't die when he's shot. shucks.

DEM
November 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Niki
+
Claire
4-evah
!

Purpleyin
December 2nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
My preference would be for Claire/Zach (ain't impossible, depending on interpretation of what he said in recent eps) but the friendship alone is really good in canon.

I'd say TPTB are flicking through ships a bit (Eden/Mohinder, Mohinder/Mira, Niki/Nathan, Niki/DL etc) but mainly through the plotlines so it doesn't feel like it's just for the sake of it. I rather liked the Eden/Isaac connection but what intrigues me most if how someone like Mr Bennet is married to Mrs (Mr-Muggles-loving) Bennet, because they seem so bizarrely different that it boggles my mind quite how they're together. Though maybe past events have changed her a lot... either way I'd like to know more there.

Xanderic
December 2nd, 2006, 01:55 PM
My preference would be for Claire/Zach (ain't impossible, depending on interpretation of what he said in recent eps) but the friendship alone is really good in canon.

Sorry not going to happen.. http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-to-have-a-gay-character/

Purpleyin
December 2nd, 2006, 05:09 PM
Sorry not going to happen.. see here (http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-to-have-a-gay-character/)
As I said in my previous post, because nothing very specific has been said it's still a point of interpretation. I was also trying not to be overtly spoilery on the matter either, maybe that was pointless to attempt but I'm still going to put my reply in spoiler tags just for anyone who might exist, say in parts of the world not up-to-date on the show (that'd be most of it then) who hasn't seen "Homecoming".
I'm not suggesting he's heterosexual but it's still left as an implication that he might be gay and even after "Homecoming" it isn't definitive. Plus there's the fact he's meant to be undecided according to the official myspace page for the character, meaning it's also quite possible he's bisexual.

Not that that makes too much difference regarding any Zach/Claire in the show at the moment, since whatever his sexuality he made it clear he's not currently interested, though the fact he said there's a millions reasons why not to be her date to the dance suggests it's complicated; he didn't say just one reason i.e. he's gay, hence I think the lack of clarity on the matter leaves room for interpretation.

I know quite a few articles talk about Heroes having a gay character, and there's the point of Zach being written as ambigious with the writers quite happy with that as has been mentioned in artciles, even when the network aren't, but the point remains that he could just as easily be setup as a bisexual character, something equally good to see given shows usually stereotype bisexuals as morally loose or sluts, if they ever even have any bi characters.

Hence I don't think the possibility of Claire/Zach is entirely implausible just yet. But of course if I disagree with the online scifi press' interpretation of all this, that's taken as gospel by most of fandom, then it can't be because I have a different interpretation of what canon has shown us, it's that I'm just not informed and need correcting with the appropriate (and spoilery URL) article link, right? :rollseyes:

Xanderic
December 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
As I said in my previous post, because nothing very specific has been said it's still a point of interpretation. I was also trying not to be overtly spoilery on the matter either, maybe that was pointless to attempt but I'm still going to put my reply in spoiler tags just for anyone who might exist, say in parts of the world not up-to-date on the show (that'd be most of it then) who hasn't seen "Homecoming".
I'm not suggesting he's heterosexual but it's still left as an implication that he might be gay and even after "Homecoming" it isn't definitive. Plus there's the fact he's meant to be undecided according to the official myspace page for the character, meaning it's also quite possible he's bisexual.

Not that that makes too much difference regarding any Zach/Claire in the show at the moment, since whatever his sexuality he made it clear he's not currently interested, though the fact he said there's a millions reasons why not to be her date to the dance suggests it's complicated; he didn't say just one reason i.e. he's gay, hence I think the lack of clarity on the matter leaves room for interpretation.

I know quite a few articles talk about Heroes having a gay character, and there's the point of Zach being written as ambigious with the writers quite happy with that as has been mentioned in artciles, even when the network aren't, but the point remains that he could just as easily be setup as a bisexual character, something equally good to see given shows usually stereotype bisexuals as morally loose or sluts, if they ever even have any bi characters.

Hence I don't think the possibility of Claire/Zach is entirely implausible just yet. But of course if I disagree with the online scifi press' interpretation of all this, that's taken as gospel by most of fandom, then it can't be because I have a different interpretation of what canon has shown us, it's that I'm just not informed and need correcting with the appropriate (and spoilery URL) article link, right? :rollseyes:

Oh of course he can be bi. But the thing is, in Homecoming, Jackie does call him gay. And later when Zach rescues Claire from her room, Claire says "Is this about what Jackie said today?" and Zach later goes something like "I know what I am" and later "we should embrace our inner freak".

I think the Zach/Claire relationship is possible but there is a high probability that it will not happen.

jds1982
December 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Mr. Bennet and Claire.

EWWWW!!