This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who ascended first?

From what i get the Ori ascended first thats how they found the Ancients and then the ancients ascended blocking the Ori from attacking us. What do people think?

Well, nerus, I think that the Ancients ascended first, at least one of them. Since they were so curious about how much knowledge their minds could contain. After a few of the Ancients ascended, I think the Ori realized what was going on, and ascended as well. That's just my personal opinion though.

Also, considering the Ancients don't seem to care how safe us humans are, I do not really think they would ascend to protect us. Then again, that's also just my personal opinion.

Comment

I was never under the impression that ascension was the reason they split... I figured the Ori and Alterans went their separate ways for their own differences in everything: how to handle the humans they created (if that's how it went), they were good while the Ori were evil, some wanted power while others didn't... a bunch of philosophical stuff. I just assumed that everyone ascended long after each sides went their own separate ways. I don't think they ever really touched on this (right?), so we can only conjecture.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Well i think the Ancients why:

Simply becaus when ascended it doesn't make you all knowing as daniel stated. However you do get to see the universe in other perspective, when something is being hidden for you by lets say Ancients

Remember that the ancients kept MW hidden from the ORI, it makes sense they would have been ascended first then not? Since i dont think they would be able to keep it hidden when in normal form from a ori and they wouldn't be able to withstand anything from the ORI in human form..

Quite simply the ori could have defeated the ancients easily if they were merely humans aka lanteans.

Comment

I think the Ori ascended first, and if the plague was created by the Ori, it was most likely spread by a first generation Prior. As evil as people want to believe the Ori are, they don't seem to use their ascended power's against Lower's, so they probably wouldn't have used them against the unascended Ancient's, when they could have just sent someone to the Milky Way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient View Post
            I think the Ori ascended first, and if the plague was created by the Ori, it was most likely spread by a first generation Prior. As evil as people want to believe the Ori are, they don't seem to use their ascended power's against Lower's, so they probably wouldn't have used them against the unascended Ancient's, when they could have just sent someone to the Milky Way to do it.
            Huh? Yes they do.

Comment

I dunno...

It's a toss up between the Chicken and the Egg....
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Both. The Ancients and Ori where the same race until they split do to ideological reasons concerning ascension. The ori devoted all their energy towards ascension and the Ancients/Alteraans to science, exploration etc...
                Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by g8torgurl View Post
                  After a few of the Ancients ascended, I think the Ori realized what was going on, and ascended as well. That's just my personal opinion though.
                  Yes, the Ori magically realised what was going on all the way from a completely different galaxy and then decided to ascend too.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it was the Ancients. The Ori did not know the location of the Milky Way Galaxy or even that it existed. The Ancients blocked them from knowing about it, hence they are stronger.

Had the Ori done so first, then theywould have known about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter View Post
                      I think it was the Ancients. The Ori did not know the location of the Milky Way Galaxy or even that it existed. The Ancients blocked them from knowing about it, hence they are stronger.

Had the Ori done so first, then theywould have known about it.
                      well not true actually, they must've known where the milkyway was as they had gate adresses to send their priors, I just think they didn't know it was inhabited. They probably sent the plague to wipe the ancients out, thought they had succeeded and then didn't care about the milkyway anymore as everyone living there would've been wiped out. A few ancients could've ascended then hidden the milkyway then after that activated the dakara device.

Comment

am here's another question. how ascended beings move around? when RDA was a prisoner of Ba'al and Daniel Jackson was ascended he could get form one point of galaxy to another in no time to help teal'c find a solution for rescuing oneal.

they are kinda fast. and the ori. what means would they use to come to this galaxy??
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                          am here's another question. how ascended beings move around? when RDA was a prisoner of Ba'al and Daniel Jackson was ascended he could get form one point of galaxy to another in no time to help teal'c find a solution for rescuing oneal.

they are kinda fast. and the ori. what means would they use to come to this galaxy??
                          They're probably already here watching their followers wope out our galaxy, they can't physically do anything here though as the other ascendeds would get involved. In terms of how they get here, probably a blind of the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            They're probably already here watching their followers wope out our galaxy, they can't physically do anything here though as the other ascendeds would get involved. In terms of how they get here, probably a blind of the eye.
                            one thing is for sure. they're not already here. if they were they would be fought by the ancients. it was explained in the show. they cheated and send adria instead. still at some point they'll be forced to come here and face the ancients. and how are they gonna come here is what buggs me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                              one thing is for sure. they're not already here. if they were they would be fought by the ancients. it was explained in the show. they cheated and send adria instead. still at some point they'll be forced to come here and face the ancients. and how are they gonna come here is what buggs me.
                              Adria is here on the phsyical plain of the milkyway but what about the ascended plain of the milkway? The ancients obviously don't want a war right now so if the ori were watching upon the milkyway from the ascended realm and not interfering the ancients would do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X