This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of Chicago Convention

Thought I'd start a new thread for the photos anyone would like to share of the convention. I found a better way to share them myself...yahoo photos...

Chicago Con...Gategirl

Hope this works!

Great photos Gategirl. . to bad im in miami, hehe. i would have gone but ya know how it is. what was it like being there? did you actually get to talk to micheal or did you just ask for a pic?

Comment

I was there, and if you were a Gold Member you got to attend "Happy Hour", which I was a gold member. And Happy Hour got held off til the END because Michael was still doing autographs. We ended up waiting an hour before Michael showed up, and basically what happened thereon was people crowded Michael and took pictures with him. You got to shake his hand and talk, but you also had to realize people around you wanted to shake his hand and talk to him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl
        Thought I'd start a new thread for the photos anyone would like to share of the convention. I found a better way to share them myself...yahoo photos...

Chicago Con...Gategirl

Hope this works!
        Fantastic pictures Gategirl. Thanks so much for sharing. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
          Great photos Gategirl. . to bad im in miami, hehe. i would have gone but ya know how it is. what was it like being there? did you actually get to talk to micheal or did you just ask for a pic?
          It was really awsome! This was my first con so it was surreal to see your favorite actor standing right there in front of you!! Yes, you were able to speak with Michael for a brief moment, but as Shivan said, everyone wanted their chance so mostly people just took a photo and moved on. I guess SG fans are just nice that way! I didn't 'ask' for a photo, but people were taking turns and I just waiting till I got up to him and he said 'Oh, HI!" and sorta reached out cause he knew what we were there for! Nice guy! I was too afraid to speak to him really, didn't want to say anything stupid, so I just said thank you for staying late and he said "oh, your welcome" with that cute little cocked head and a smile!

Miami, huh? I think they should start having conventions in a few other places! It seems they are all in the North or West...maybe they could do one in Atlanta/Dallas/Miami...as to give the Southerners and Easterners an easier (more affordable) opportunity to attend!

Wooohhooo....GateCon 2005...here we come!! I HOPE!!!
          Last edited by Gategirl; 01 September 2004, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Someone referred to that "puff and ruffle" routine on Sunday and I was lost! Can someone explain what that is?

Great pictures, Gategirl! Next year I plan to "go gold" so I can see everyone and everything.
            Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

[QUOTE=skye1974]Someone referred to that "puff and ruffle" routine on Sunday and I was lost! Can someone explain what that is?[QUOTE]

I'll do my best BUT it is SSSOOO much better to see MS explain it! LOL...

AT & TR used to say that when an attractive female was on set, MS & RDA would act like peacocks....you know, puff up their chests, ruffle their tail feathers, and strut around trying to impress. But then MS said that when an attractive man was there, AT & TR would turn into 'miss helpless' or something to that effect. MS was really cute acting these things out!

Comment

[QUOTE=skye1974]Someone referred to that "puff and ruffle" routine on Sunday and I was lost! Can someone explain what that is?

Amanda and Teryl said that the guys tended to treat them like sisters so when a beautiful female guest star would come on set the guys would not treat them like sisters but instead would do this flirting thing that Amanda and Teryl called the 'puff and ruffle' because they said the guys behaved just like male peacocks ruffling their feathers and puffing out their chests to get female attention all the while totally ignoring AT and TR.

They would walk over to the women guest star and introduce themselves and offer to get them something warm to drink or a coat to wear if the set was cold that day and meanwhile poor AT and TR would be shivering in the corner totally unnoticed.
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by skye1974
                  Someone referred to that "puff and ruffle" routine on Sunday and I was lost! Can someone explain what that is?
                  They also did the "puff and ruffle" routine at Gatecon this year. MS and CJ and AT all on stage together. If anyone hasn't seen it go watch Gateworld's behind the scenes video because it's on there in about the first 10 minutes or so of the video-----

http://www.gateworld.net/articles/co...04_video.shtml

I'd always heard everyone talk about it but never seen it until the video. CJ and MS act out the "puff" and "ruffle" respectively and AT does the "wounded lamb" (hurt feelings) bit because she's being ignored by the boys. It's very funny, AT's facial expressions are a hoot, especially when MS uses her shoulder for an arm rest. LOL!

Thanks for posting all the pics Gategirl - I'll probably never get to a convention either unless they decide to come to Texas!
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

OK, here is my online album of photos from the Chicago Creation Con...
                    click here...

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      OK, here is my online album of photos from the Chicago Creation Con...
                      click here...

Enjoy
                      Thanks for the pics. It looks like you and Tame had a great time.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                        Thanks for the pics. It looks like you and Tame had a great time.
                        well, Tame didn't have quite as much of a "good time" as she might have liked , but she did pretty well

Comment

LOL! KG, I just noticed in the last pic of D&D that you managed to frame it right so that Carter (on the poster in the background) is standing between them. Planned, or coincidence?

Betcha David would rather have his arm around Amanda than Darren. No offense, O Supreme One...

Sorry, the pic just cracked me up. Good stuff.

Comment

THAT's why I always have my eyes closed in pictures ... I'm fantasizing that I have my arm around Amanda!

Although Sunday morning, I didn't have to fantasize ...

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
                              THAT's why I always have my eyes closed in pictures ... I'm fantasizing that I have my arm around Amanda!

Although Sunday morning, I didn't have to fantasize ...

Darren
                              May I ask who you are? Are you one of the people who talked about this site during Friday?

Just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                              X