This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color should Earths Drones be?

Like the title says what color should they be? Its a foregone conclusion that eventually Earthers will reverse engineer the drone weapons from antartica and atlantis. Now they simply must be a different color to differentiate them from Ancient drones. Perhaps because theyre made out of crappy earth materials or something.

I vote RED!

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Like the title says what color should they be? Its a foregone conclusion that eventually Earthers will reverse engineer the drone weapons from antartica and atlantis. Now they simply must be a different color to differentiate them from Ancient drones. Perhaps because theyre made out of crappy earth materials or something.

I vote RED!
    eventually being 100 years! the drones are so far beyond us that i doubt we'll ever see them on any earth vessel in any series present or future
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah dude, were never going to retro engineer Drones, partly because they are to complex but also because theres no point..itd be easier to just use the existing ones with a different launcher.

I think ours should be purple though :_
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

i dont see why they give a few to the asgard they scan it and make a protype models from their ships like they did with the discruptor jack made on the daniel jackson.

a few scans and plans and they got themselfs a weapon of their own
        sigpic

Comment

Forget Drones. Nukes Rule

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I think earth will eventually reverse engineer them but not for a while yet. When they do I think blue would be cool, I'd like to see blue drones.

Comment

Im thinking blue as well.

Comment

Cyan or blueeee so pretty... (oh and I'm not gay )

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  i dont see why they give a few to the asgard they scan it and make a protype models from their ships like they did with the discruptor jack made on the daniel jackson.

a few scans and plans and they got themselfs a weapon of their own

That would be a very bad idea!

The Asgard don't give out weapons in case it's used against them. So why should the SGC give them anything that could be used against Earth should circumstances change in future.

Say in a few years, something happens with the Asgard & they fall out. They may then end up fighting each other. So if you gave them Drones, then there is nothing really else that you could have that may be able to take out O'Neill ships etc. So I'd say, it's better to keep them back just in case. This way, should anything happen, they have something to whoop Asgard ass with.

As to the original post, tbh it really wouldn't matter what colour they were. If it were an identical yellow it wouldn't matter. It's how it perfoms that would be most important. However, they'll never be able to make Drones. So it makes even thinking of a suitable colour immaterial because the writers will never allow it to happen.

Comment

i actually dont think even the mckay or carter nor any sciecetist know how it actually works since i never heard have a good convo on it or anything on the theory of how a drone works

the only time i remember is mckay in the tower talking about THe drone and yada yada yada

AND OH YES RED SOUNDS GOOD
                    sigpic

Comment

Blue. Unless they made a super-cool bright white one which go kaboom and vapourize half a hive ship after going through all the darts. But for a normal drone blue.
                      When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                      The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                      Spoiler:
                      MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                      Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                      MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                      Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                      AND
                      MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                      Me: Times it by that really big number!
                      MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                      Me: How should i know?
                      MBA: Its on the board
                      Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

but then to be honest we never here talk about or explain any technology.

Comment

I very much doubt we are going to reverse engineer drones, but why would the color matter anyway?

Anyway, the Asgard couldn't even manage to make a replicator disruptor without the knowledge of the Ancients, so it would be a stretch for even them to start mass producing drones.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

i vote pink or rainbow

Comment

Cmon drones cant be that awesome, they require an external power source for one. Theyre only about YEA big so you should be able to easily lay out whats inside of one even if you have to shred apart dozens of them and look at them with an electron microscope. Theres consistancy to all ancient technology so its not like its going to be completely out of left field how they work. Besides, they are going to run out of them eventually. Oh and theres that whole DATABASE thingie. Between all these factors they should be able to MACGUYVER some drones soon. After all its not like theyre completly out of their depth like they were when they tried to make the x301 or prometheus. Theyve learned guaould, asguard, and ancient technologies in the past few years....

Techs come in phases:
                              prometheus/f302's = Goauld technology
                              Deadalous = Asgard tech
                              Atlantis/Auroras = time for a new class of ship based on ancient technology. Ancient derived shields, ancient drones, ancient beam weapons. Theyve got the same kinds of pieces as they did when they got their mitts on guaould technology. The step from Deadalous--->Atlantis warships is nothing compared to space shuttles--->Prometheus

Comment

Working...
                              X