PDA

View Full Version : Fallout (111) - Spoilers & Speculation

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Creating a separate thread to discuss spoilers specific to the next ep, our mid-season finale.

Sneak previews: Here's the NBC preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdMBCfR2RoE), Global TV preview (http://www.fangasm.com/01television/heroes/heroes-nonus-promo-clip.php) and longer Access Hollywood (http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=47806) sneak preview (which'll be the same on Yahoo). Check them all out as they're quite different....

Episodic pictures: http://www.heroes-pictures.com/thumbnails.php?album=195. Showing scenes in the jail cell, HRG's company and the Sanders family.

NBC official episode description: AS SHOCKING DETAILS ABOUT ISSAC'S NYC NUCLEAR BOMBING PREDICTION ARE REVEALED, THE "HEROES" FACE TRAGEDY AND BETRAYALS -- The tragic events in Texas have sad, serious repercussions for many of the "heroes," their families and friends. Meanwhile, shocking details about the moments leading up to Issac's (Santiago Cabrera) predicted New York City nuclear bombing are revealed. Later, Issac's newest painting has fascinating future implications for a hero in crisis. Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) takes the first steps along his new path. Matt (Greg Grunberg) and F.B.I. Agent Audrey Hanson (guest star Clea DuVall) pursue a break in the Sylar case. Horrified by Jessica's recent actions, Niki (Ali Larter) makes a tough decision to protect her family. Jack Coleman, Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Greg Grunberg, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Leonard Roberts and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow, Thomas Dekker, Jimmy Jean-Louis, James Kyson Lee and Nora Zehetner guest star.

Mods: If we can't post these youtube links, pls let me know.

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Further spoilery stuff can be found from the latest TV Guide (Dec 4-10) Scifi preview section. If anyone has a copy and can scan, please post it here too. Here's an excerpt that's been going around (cut for length):

Heroes creator Tim Kring is jam-packing his December 4 mid-season finale with several seismic shocks, including the death of a character, a hero turning traitor and a prophetic painting of Hiro (Masi Oka) raising a sword to do battle with a gigantic... OK, we won't give it away. But here's what we can tell you:

Kring promises lots more insight into what - or better yet, who - is the bomb that will nuke Manhattan. "We've introduced Sprague (Matthew John Armstrong), who is radioactive and seems to be getting worse," Kring notes. "But we'll posit another theory that it's Peter (Milo Ventimiglia). He's having so much trouble absorbing the power around him that he goes into a coma."

A hero "will be seduced into the web of Horn Rimmed Glasses" But Kring admits this may not ultimately prove as traitorous - or tragic - as it sounds. "We're keeping things ambiguous with H.R.G. There's a lot of uncertainty as to just how bad he really is, or where his allegiance really lies. He seems to be a very loving father, so the audience should feel torn about him."

Someone with superpowers will die. But it could have been much worse, Kring claims. "We originally intended the Grim Reaper to come sooner and more often. In fact we started out with a couple of the heroes already on the chopping block." What saved them? "Every actor and character working so well that it's been hard to let anyone go. Still, killing this [character] will generate a tremendous amount of story"

But does death on Heroes really mean death? What with the flashbacks, the wild dreams and Hiro's ability to time-jump, might we see the doomed star again? "There is a fluidity to our show," Kring concedes. "People can come and go... and reappear."

ShadowMaat
November 28th, 2006, 05:57 AM
I'm sorta trying to avoid the spoilers, but does anyone have speculation on which "Hero" we're going to lose? Is it gonna be the obvious DL? Or will Greg Grunberg's legacy of death catch up with him? ;)

I'm also still leaning towards the idea of Mr. Atomo being involved in the "bombing" of New York.

somedude
November 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I hope they kill Niki, b/c she's boring. But my feeling is that it will be someone in HRG's group, either Eden or the Haitian. Why? B/c Sylar will probably escape, taking someone down with him, and as far as we know, HRG isn't a hero.

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 10:46 AM
It could be something as ambiguous as Jessica dying, allowing Nikki full control of her ability. It seems like Jessica can imprint herself on Nikki, kinda like Xavier did in X3.

As for the Hero that turns traitor? What about that Nathan Patrelli jerk?

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I'm sorta trying to avoid the spoilers, but does anyone have speculation on which "Hero" we're going to lose? Is it gonna be the obvious DL? Or will Greg Grunberg's legacy of death catch up with him? ;) I'm also still leaning towards the idea of Mr. Atomo being involved in the "bombing" of New York.
First, did you see the Global TV previews? There are new scenes that don't bode well for Eden or DL. Also, coupla add'l spoilers on who might "go" - from E-Online (http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=8baa59cc-86a1-427d-8668-c76a5850964c) (all caveats included):
Reliable sources close to Heroes tell me someone--a certain heroic someone--will indeed bite the dust in the next episode, which airs this very Monday. But, hmmm, wait a minute, come to think of it, I'm pretty dang sure two Heroes actually will die within the next few episodes. And producers are even planning a third! Talk about a body count. At this rate, the only character left at the end of the season will be Mr. Muggles, the Bennetts' dog.

Anyway, here's a juicy morsel of exclusive scoop that you can keep in mind when you discover which Heroes bite the dust in the next few eps: One of the deceased was supposed to be on the show a while longer, but he or she ran into a few problems with his or her contract, and this particular Hero is getting killed off six episodes earlier than originally planned. The storyline of this insta-ousted character got a wee bit of a jump-start, if you will, so buckle up and hold on to your couch cushions, 'cause things are whipping into fast-foward. Believe you me.
As far as I'm concerned, only Peter, Hiro and Jessica/Niki seem "safe" - as all of them have spoilers indicating that there's a present storyline for them in future eps.

ShadowMaat
November 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I hope Nathan isn't the betrayer, because that's too obvious. I'd rather have it be someone unexpected. Like Claire. Wouldn't that be ironic? Save the cheerleader only to have her betray you all. Muahaha! :P

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Or it could be Peter. "You look different without the scar."

Could ol' Pete become a badguy because he didn't make the effort to save teh cheerleader before? Could the dead guy be the Haitian? Without the haitian, every heros' powers would work (since his power is negation and memory wiping... )

Astrofighter
November 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM
with or without the haitain people can use their powers, nathan was able to fly away from him before he could stop him

ShadowMaat
November 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I would dearly love for Pete to be the bad guy, particularly given how he and Sylar have a few points in common (wanting to be special, thinking they're destined for greatness) but alas, I have a feeling the producers won't do anything that cool. *sigh*

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 12:46 PM
How about this?

Isaac w/ Claire's Father
Eden betrays by letting Sylar go
Pete w/ Matt and Audrey & convinces them he didn't kill anyone by showing he can read Matt and Audrey's minds.
Radioactive guy shows up in New York
Everyone goes to NY.
Hiro fights radioactive guy with a sword thingie.
Hiro accidentally slices Peter.
Peter gets scarred.
Nathan shows and tries to fly radioactive guy out into the ocean.
Radioactive guy explodes. Nathan Dies.

As for DL Hawkins and the bullet Jessica fired into him. D.L. can go through walls so it's ok to assume the bullet passed through him.

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Err... Hiro really has no reason to fight Radioactive Ranger. He's not Sylar.

As for DL's powers... they're not always on. DL has to consciously activate it, just like everyone else. So unless he saw the bullet coming, he wouldn't be able to dodge it.

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Err... Hiro really has no reason to fight Radioactive Ranger. He's not Sylar.

As for DL's powers... they're not always on. DL has to consciously activate it, just like everyone else. So unless he saw the bullet coming, he wouldn't be able to dodge it.

Claire's Power is not always consciously activate. It automatically activates when she's hurt.

I'm pretty sure the last scene we saw of him... He knew something was going to happen and was probably semi-prepared.

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I would dearly love for Pete to be the bad guy, particularly given how he and Sylar have a few points in common (wanting to be special, thinking they're destined for greatness) but alas, I have a feeling the producers won't do anything that cool. *sigh*
I'm actually hoping for that too. Peter and Hiro started out so naive and optimistic about their "destiny" and it'd be great to see how their perspective is challenged the longer the series runs. At least they both had some "wake-up" calls regarding the limits and consequences of their powers thus far. I doubt them going dark side will happen in the next ep though - expect more emo angst and blundering self-sacrifice from these two heroes....

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I'm actually hoping for that too. Peter and Hiro started out so naive and optimistic about their "destiny" and it'd be great to see how their perspective is challenged the longer the series runs. At least they both had some "wake-up" calls regarding the limits and consequences of their powers thus far. I doubt them going dark side will happen in the next ep though - expect more emo angst and blundering self-sacrifice from these two heroes....

Hiro's power doesn't always work. We saw that at the end of Six Months Ago where he ended up in Tokyo and couldn't stop time or teleport.... he said "I took the bus".... either he ran out of power or it doesn't always work when he wants it too. Self-sacrifice is limited for him as he could die if his power doesn't work

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 01:05 PM
It was probably because he was so emotional that his powers couldn't manifest. He still had to teleport to Texas (his coworker mentioned that he was on vacation in america)...?

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
It was probably because he was so emotional that his powers couldn't manifest. He still had to teleport to Texas (his coworker mentioned that he was on vacation in america)...?
he could have got on a plane?

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Plane rides from Japans to america is pretty expensive for a mid-level programmer like Hiro Nakamura.

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Plane rides from Japans to america is pretty expensive for a mid-level programmer like Hiro Nakamura.

just as Hiro could fold 1000 paper cranes in a blink of an eye, he could probably counterfeit money. lol.

I thought Hiro was a customer service guy o.o

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
He looks like a typical engineer. Like me!

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 01:54 PM
He looks like a typical engineer. Like me!

I'm an engineer... o.o... but I don't go around obssessing about comics.

IcyNeko
November 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I do.

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I do.
The engineers at my school either play Counterstrike or some other computer game OR watch Bleach and other anime. lol... or they're neither and just enjoy life... if engineers even have one.

Darren
November 28th, 2006, 05:00 PM
My prediction is Isaac. From a writer's standpoint, he's currently the most expendible (and the power that is the most difficult to write for). He's done his bit for the cheerleader storyline and the NYC bombing storyline. He's gotten very little screen time for a few episodes.

And he's in the custody of Bennett, probably the same facility where they are taking Sylar. Can't hold on to Sylar indefinitely, so Isaac is probably the victim of Sylar's escape -- especially because Eden can boss him around. (That would also explain the traitor bit -- she can talk Isaac into betraying the others. The fact that Peter took his girl would make him that much more susceptible.)

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I tend to agree on Isaac as well- but I think before he goes, we'll get a whole new batch of mysterious paintings, perhaps half-finished. ;)

And if Syler can cash in on Isaac's power, well.....that would bring on a whole new, very cool dynamic to the show. :cool:

Anyway, if Isaac doesn't go next week, I doubt he'll survive the season.

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Does Peter absorb people's powers indefinately or temporarily? If indefinately and Isaac leaves a bunch of 1/2 finished paintings, Peter could finish them.

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 05:39 PM
My prediction is Isaac. From a writer's standpoint, he's currently the most expendible (and the power that is the most difficult to write for). He's done his bit for the cheerleader storyline and the NYC bombing storyline. He's gotten very little screen time for a few episodes.
I'd agree with the reasoning - and almost voted Isaac myself except for the fact that certain spoilers beyond next ep suggest that Isaac learns how to use his powers without drugs, and eventually gets back in with Simone. I think he goes at the end of the season when the "Save the World" bit comes into play, esp. given the timing of his death, the nuke and Hiro's accidental teleport to the future....

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I'd agree with the reasoning - and almost voted Isaac myself except for the fact that certain spoilers beyond next ep suggest that Isaac learns how to use his powers without drugs, and eventually gets back in with Simone. I think he goes at the end of the season when the "Save the World" bit comes into play, esp. given the timing of his death, the nuke and Hiro's accidental teleport to the future....
Frak I think you might be right there- forgot about that spoiler (no idea how legit it is). But I still think Isaac dies by season's end- yeah, maybe they can't save him from Syler, or maybe they do, only for him to die differently.

Edit: I guess there's still awhile to go before November 8 (which presumabley would be the last ep of the seaosn, or one of the last)- the last ep took place around October 2nd was it?

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Edit: I guess there's still awhile to go before November 8 (which presumabley would be the last ep of the seaosn, or one of the last)- the last ep took place around October 2nd was it?
Ermm - next ep (airing Dec 4) is the mid-season finale. Series resumes on NBC Jan 22 with Ep 12.

ShadowMaat
November 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Does Peter absorb people's powers indefinately or temporarily?
Judging from the way he kept planting his face in the dirt on the playground, I'd wager it's a temporary thing. ;) Pete himself said he has to be near someone with Power in order to use it.

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Judging from the way he kept planting his face in the dirt on the playground, I'd wager it's a temporary thing. ;) Pete himself said he has to be near someone with Power in order to use it.
That was a hillarious scene. So un-hero-like! Yeah, I'm with you on that. Also, news about Chris Eccleston's role as the invisible man who "mentors" Peter suggest that he has the potential to do more (maybe permanently? multiple powers?) with his powers.

Darren
November 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Ahhhh. Hmm. I haven't heard that one. Do you by any chance remember where it's from?

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Ermm - next ep (airing Dec 4) is the mid-season finale. Series resumes on NBC Jan 22 with Ep 12.
I was referring to the time frame within the show, not the actual airdates of the episodes. ;)

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I was referring to the time frame within the show, not the actual airdates of the episodes. ;)
Ah, yes! Slaps myself (like Shep would for McKay). As for the show's time frame, Oct 2 was when Hiro first teleported to the future!NYC (back in Ep. 2). Assuming Hiro then went back in time to the present day and things unfold pretty quickly (one ep=one day) since then, it's probably at most mid-Oct (Oct 11) now? Hard to say -

Edit: I guess there's still awhile to go before November 8 (which presumably would be the last ep of the seaosn, or one of the last)- the last ep took place around October 2nd was it?

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I thought Homecoming was really close to Halloween... October 20th or so........

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I thought Homecoming was really close to Halloween... October 20th or so........
I don't think so....I remember there was a date stated in yesterday's episode, but I could be wrong (going by memory, unfortunatly I don't have it recorded to check :rolleyes:). I could swear I remember Hiro insisting "October two".

Unless.....was that in the second ep of the season with the cop at Isaacs's studio? :confused:

lostinspace
November 28th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I could swear I remember Hiro insisting "October two". Unless.....was that in the second ep of the season with the cop at Isaacs's studio? :confused:
I'd to check myself. Oct 2 was back in Ep 2 when Hiro confronts the cop about the right date (his watch shows Oct 2 while the newspapers say Nov 8).

Xanderic
November 28th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I'd to check myself. Oct 2 was back in Ep 2 when Hiro confronts the cop about the right date (his watch shows Oct 2 while the newspapers say Nov 8).

well then... if it was oct 2nd and the explosion is nov 8th.. and it's near the middle of the season.. then it's around october 18th to 22nd ish.

Trek_Girl42
November 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Okay, that makes sense- it's not fair! With these serialized shows events and facts of one epsiode bleed into another. :P

Though that's really no excuse for mixing them up when they're eight episodes apart. :P ;) :D

IcyNeko
November 29th, 2006, 09:41 AM
It's interesting... if Peter did absorb Gabriel's powers... does that mean he can augment powers permenantly as well? Going beyond mimicry?

lostinspace
November 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Ahhhh. Hmm. I haven't heard that one. Do you by any chance remember where it's from?
You mean the Isaac scoop? That's from a Nov 20 E-Online blog here (http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=abab4c8c-0c2c-4604-9eeb-189f840281aa). Not as reliable as TV Guide for spoiler sources but still - it's out there.

lostinspace
November 29th, 2006, 04:15 PM
The longer Access Hollywood sneak preview is out! If you don't mind spoilers, check it out - on top of the shorter NBC and Global TV ones. http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=47806
I'll update our first page with the direct link.

The Ori
November 29th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Yeh out of all of them I hope the Niki character goes!!

Xanderic
November 29th, 2006, 06:47 PM
i wonder what powers sylar has now....

somedude
November 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
there was a post on the NBC board (which was immediately deleted), regarding the character death.

Eden dies (too bad, I was just starting to like her!), Sylar escapes and holds the Bennets hostage. Ted will probably be sacrificed.

For confirmation of the death here, take a look at this preview. Looks intense!

Sylar forces Eden to kill herself, while preventing her from speaking by holding her jaw.http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r302/BertX2466/Sylar_Eden.jpg

Trek_Girl42
November 29th, 2006, 10:32 PM
OMG- Must resist temptaion to open spoiler! Temptation resisted. I hope.

It would be kind if people didn't spread this beyond this thread even with spoiler tags. :)

eri-chan
November 30th, 2006, 12:49 AM
omg spoiled XD well i looked hee. i kinda dont mind that death. although i wish i knew more about said character.

silence
November 30th, 2006, 02:10 AM
http://www.fangasm.com/01television/heroes/heroes-nonus-promo-clip.php

check the painting there....

;)

edit :
DAMN!!.... i opened the spoiler... too bad it's that char... but it does make some sense if you look at bigger picture..

The Ori
November 30th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Ahh I looked at it!!

Thermonuclearboy
November 30th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Aw Crap. And I was just starting to like...that character.

...who's Ted?

lostinspace
November 30th, 2006, 05:15 AM
...who's Ted?
Ted Sprague, radioactive man on the loose

Xanderic
November 30th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I hope Sylar kills Ted and takes his power and then explodes. Awesome way for Sylar to die :D

lostinspace
November 30th, 2006, 06:11 PM
TV.com released short, somewhat spoilery behind the scenes interviews from the set for Fallout. http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/videos.html?tag=;more. The other ep clips are what we've already seen from Access Hollywood/Yahoo.

While some parts of the plot are given away, those were the ones we've already been teased about. I assume comments that were too spoilery were "silenced" out.

silence
December 1st, 2006, 12:56 AM
EDIT :: nevermind...

travis
December 1st, 2006, 02:59 AM
there was a post on the NBC board (which was immediately deleted), regarding the character death.

Eden dies (too bad, I was just starting to like her!), Sylar escapes and holds the Bennets hostage. Ted will probably be sacrificed.

For confirmation of the death here, take a look at this preview. Looks intense!

Sylar forces Eden to kill herself, while preventing her from speaking by holding her jaw.http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r302/BertX2466/Sylar_Eden.jpg

:eek:

theonebluegecko
December 2nd, 2006, 10:11 AM
How about this?

Isaac w/ Claire's Father
Eden betrays by letting Sylar go
Pete w/ Matt and Audrey & convinces them he didn't kill anyone by showing he can read Matt and Audrey's minds.
Radioactive guy shows up in New York
Everyone goes to NY.
Hiro fights radioactive guy with a sword thingie.
Hiro accidentally slices Peter.
Peter gets scarred.
Nathan shows and tries to fly radioactive guy out into the ocean.
Radioactive guy explodes. Nathan Dies.

As for DL Hawkins and the bullet Jessica fired into him. D.L. can go through walls so it's ok to assume the bullet passed through him.

I do not think that it can be Nathan because when Hiro was in the future he saw that Nathan was still around in whatever political office he is in. Maybe I am remembering it wrong, it was a while ago. But I think that it eliminates Nathan as the one to die.

full.infinity
December 2nd, 2006, 11:44 AM
I do not think that it can be Nathan because when Hiro was in the future he saw that Nathan was still around in whatever political office he is in. Maybe I am remembering it wrong, it was a while ago. But I think that it eliminates Nathan as the one to die.
Right before New York explodes, the newspaper says Petrelli won in a landslide.

theonebluegecko
December 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Looked at the spoiler, I tried to not, but I could not help it.

I have to say if the spoiler is not deceptive I am happy that one would be the one to die...

Not that I hated Edin or anything, I just like the others a lot more.

Thermonuclearboy
December 2nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Looked at the spoiler, I tried to not, but I could not help it.

I have to say if the spoiler is not deceptive I am happy that one would be the one to die...

Not that I hated Edin or anything, I just like the others a lot more.

Indeed. That character was pretty much a plot device anyway. The others are far more interesting.

lostinspace
December 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
This latest spoiler from the St. Petersburg Times (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/12/03/Floridian/__Heroes___strength_i.shtml) seems to confirm who dies and how, plus a teeny teaser on Isaac and Peter's potential "powers." Relevant excerpt below:
With the hero serial killer Sylar captured by our mysterious tracker of paranormals, known only as H.R.G. (for the horn-rimmed glasses he wears), danger seems past. But fate keeps pulling our heroes together: Isaac, the painter who can illustrate the future, finally meets Hiro and learns his predictive talent has expanded; Sylar stages a jailbreak, taking the life of one hero in the process and the unexpected source of the nuclear blast which may level New York is finally revealed.

Xanderic
December 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
This latest spoiler from the St. Petersburg Times (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/12/03/Floridian/__Heroes___strength_i.shtml) seems to confirm who dies and how, plus a teeny teaser on Isaac and Peter's potential "powers." Relevant excerpt below:
With the hero serial killer Sylar captured by our mysterious tracker of paranormals, known only as H.R.G. (for the horn-rimmed glasses he wears), danger seems past. But fate keeps pulling our heroes together: Isaac, the painter who can illustrate the future, finally meets Hiro and learns his predictive talent has expanded; Sylar stages a jailbreak, taking the life of one hero in the process and the unexpected source of the nuclear blast which may level New York is finally revealed.

Why do always have to say "hero"? I don't exactly consider Eden to be a hero. I'm sorry. I think she should be classified as villian

IcyNeko
December 4th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Reformed Villain. She's not out killing people anymore.

Unless HRG wants her to, which I don't think he does, considering he had to coerce her to get her to use her powers.

Xanderic
December 4th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Reformed Villain. She's not out killing people anymore.

Unless HRG wants her to, which I don't think he does, considering he had to coerce her to get her to use her powers.

Don't be fooled by the glasses he's got... Just because we haven't seen him sending people to kill doesn't mean he hasn't or won't.

IcyNeko
December 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Oh, I'm fully expecting HRG to stab everyone in the back. The show's going for the "Even a badguy loves his kids" mentality.

mi4si
December 4th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I spoiled myself......

full.infinity
December 4th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Oh, I'm fully expecting HRG to stab everyone in the back. The show's going for the "Even a badguy loves his kids" mentality.
All I can say for usure about Mr. Bennet is that he believes the ends justify the means.

Xanderic
December 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM
All I can say for usure about Mr. Bennet is that he believes the ends justify the means.

I don't understand that phrase. "The ends justifies the means". Could someone please explain this, please? Thanks.

eri-chan
December 4th, 2006, 03:40 PM
the end justifies the means.

e.g. how killing a bunch of people can be justified by their deaths saving the world. its a moral kinda saying.

in other words... the result makes the method alright.

Xanderic
December 4th, 2006, 03:46 PM
the end justifies the means.

e.g. how killing a bunch of people can be justified by their deaths saving the world. its a moral kinda saying.

in other words... the result makes the method alright.

I see. So it's also like "In order to get a good job, you have to get a post-secondary education"? *is hating University atm lol*

eri-chan
December 4th, 2006, 03:52 PM
yeaah pretty much. ;)