Fallout (111) - Spoilers & Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout (111) - Spoilers & Speculation

Creating a separate thread to discuss spoilers specific to the next ep, our mid-season finale.

Sneak previews: Here's the NBC preview, Global TV preview and longer Access Hollywood sneak preview (which'll be the same on Yahoo). Check them all out as they're quite different....

Episodic pictures: http://www.heroes-pictures.com/thumbnails.php?album=195. Showing scenes in the jail cell, HRG's company and the Sanders family.

NBC official episode description: AS SHOCKING DETAILS ABOUT ISSAC'S NYC NUCLEAR BOMBING PREDICTION ARE REVEALED, THE "HEROES" FACE TRAGEDY AND BETRAYALS -- The tragic events in Texas have sad, serious repercussions for many of the "heroes," their families and friends. Meanwhile, shocking details about the moments leading up to Issac's (Santiago Cabrera) predicted New York City nuclear bombing are revealed. Later, Issac's newest painting has fascinating future implications for a hero in crisis. Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) takes the first steps along his new path. Matt (Greg Grunberg) and F.B.I. Agent Audrey Hanson (guest star Clea DuVall) pursue a break in the Sylar case. Horrified by Jessica's recent actions, Niki (Ali Larter) makes a tough decision to protect her family. Jack Coleman, Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Greg Grunberg, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Leonard Roberts and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow, Thomas Dekker, Jimmy Jean-Louis, James Kyson Lee and Nora Zehetner guest star.

Mods: If we can't post these youtube links, pls let me know.
    Last edited by lostinspace; 29 November 2006, 08:53 PM. Reason: Added in the other previews
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Further spoilery stuff can be found from the latest TV Guide (Dec 4-10) Scifi preview section. If anyone has a copy and can scan, please post it here too. Here's an excerpt that's been going around (cut for length):

Spoiler:
    Heroes creator Tim Kring is jam-packing his December 4 mid-season finale with several seismic shocks, including the death of a character, a hero turning traitor and a prophetic painting of Hiro (Masi Oka) raising a sword to do battle with a gigantic... OK, we won't give it away. But here's what we can tell you:

Kring promises lots more insight into what - or better yet, who - is the bomb that will nuke Manhattan. "We've introduced Sprague (Matthew John Armstrong), who is radioactive and seems to be getting worse," Kring notes. "But we'll posit another theory that it's Peter (Milo Ventimiglia). He's having so much trouble absorbing the power around him that he goes into a coma."

A hero "will be seduced into the web of Horn Rimmed Glasses" But Kring admits this may not ultimately prove as traitorous - or tragic - as it sounds. "We're keeping things ambiguous with H.R.G. There's a lot of uncertainty as to just how bad he really is, or where his allegiance really lies. He seems to be a very loving father, so the audience should feel torn about him."

Someone with superpowers will die. But it could have been much worse, Kring claims. "We originally intended the Grim Reaper to come sooner and more often. In fact we started out with a couple of the heroes already on the chopping block." What saved them? "Every actor and character working so well that it's been hard to let anyone go. Still, killing this [character] will generate a tremendous amount of story"

But does death on Heroes really mean death? What with the flashbacks, the wild dreams and Hiro's ability to time-jump, might we see the doomed star again? "There is a fluidity to our show," Kring concedes. "People can come and go... and reappear."

Comment

I'm sorta trying to avoid the spoilers, but does anyone have speculation on which "Hero" we're going to lose? Is it gonna be the obvious DL? Or will Greg Grunberg's legacy of death catch up with him?

I'm also still leaning towards the idea of Mr. Atomo being involved in the "bombing" of New York.

Comment

I hope they kill Niki, b/c she's boring. But my feeling is that it will be someone in HRG's group, either Eden or the Haitian. Why? B/c Sylar will probably escape, taking someone down with him, and as far as we know, HRG isn't a hero.

Comment

It could be something as ambiguous as Jessica dying, allowing Nikki full control of her ability. It seems like Jessica can imprint herself on Nikki, kinda like Xavier did in X3.

As for the Hero that turns traitor? What about that Nathan Patrelli jerk?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I'm sorta trying to avoid the spoilers, but does anyone have speculation on which "Hero" we're going to lose? Is it gonna be the obvious DL? Or will Greg Grunberg's legacy of death catch up with him? I'm also still leaning towards the idea of Mr. Atomo being involved in the "bombing" of New York.
            First, did you see the Global TV previews? There are new scenes that don't bode well for Eden or DL. Also, coupla add'l spoilers on who might "go" - from E-Online (all caveats included):
            Spoiler:
            Reliable sources close to Heroes tell me someone--a certain heroic someone--will indeed bite the dust in the next episode, which airs this very Monday. But, hmmm, wait a minute, come to think of it, I'm pretty dang sure two Heroes actually will die within the next few episodes. And producers are even planning a third! Talk about a body count. At this rate, the only character left at the end of the season will be Mr. Muggles, the Bennetts' dog.

Anyway, here's a juicy morsel of exclusive scoop that you can keep in mind when you discover which Heroes bite the dust in the next few eps: One of the deceased was supposed to be on the show a while longer, but he or she ran into a few problems with his or her contract, and this particular Hero is getting killed off six episodes earlier than originally planned. The storyline of this insta-ousted character got a wee bit of a jump-start, if you will, so buckle up and hold on to your couch cushions, 'cause things are whipping into fast-foward. Believe you me.

As far as I'm concerned, only Peter, Hiro and Jessica/Niki seem "safe" - as all of them have spoilers indicating that there's a present storyline for them in future eps.

Comment

I hope Nathan isn't the betrayer, because that's too obvious. I'd rather have it be someone unexpected. Like Claire. Wouldn't that be ironic? Save the cheerleader only to have her betray you all. Muahaha!

Comment

Or it could be Peter. "You look different without the scar."

Could ol' Pete become a badguy because he didn't make the effort to save teh cheerleader before? Could the dead guy be the Haitian? Without the haitian, every heros' powers would work (since his power is negation and memory wiping... )

Comment

with or without the haitain people can use their powers, nathan was able to fly away from him before he could stop him

Comment

I would dearly love for Pete to be the bad guy, particularly given how he and Sylar have a few points in common (wanting to be special, thinking they're destined for greatness) but alas, I have a feeling the producers won't do anything that cool. *sigh*

Comment

How about this?

Isaac w/ Claire's Father
                      Eden betrays by letting Sylar go
                      Pete w/ Matt and Audrey & convinces them he didn't kill anyone by showing he can read Matt and Audrey's minds.
                      Radioactive guy shows up in New York
                      Everyone goes to NY.
                      Hiro fights radioactive guy with a sword thingie.
                      Hiro accidentally slices Peter.
                      Peter gets scarred.
                      Nathan shows and tries to fly radioactive guy out into the ocean.
                      Radioactive guy explodes. Nathan Dies.

As for DL Hawkins and the bullet Jessica fired into him. D.L. can go through walls so it's ok to assume the bullet passed through him.
                      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Err... Hiro really has no reason to fight Radioactive Ranger. He's not Sylar.

As for DL's powers... they're not always on. DL has to consciously activate it, just like everyone else. So unless he saw the bullet coming, he wouldn't be able to dodge it.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          Err... Hiro really has no reason to fight Radioactive Ranger. He's not Sylar.

As for DL's powers... they're not always on. DL has to consciously activate it, just like everyone else. So unless he saw the bullet coming, he wouldn't be able to dodge it.
                          Claire's Power is not always consciously activate. It automatically activates when she's hurt.

I'm pretty sure the last scene we saw of him... He knew something was going to happen and was probably semi-prepared.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            I would dearly love for Pete to be the bad guy, particularly given how he and Sylar have a few points in common (wanting to be special, thinking they're destined for greatness) but alas, I have a feeling the producers won't do anything that cool. *sigh*
                            I'm actually hoping for that too. Peter and Hiro started out so naive and optimistic about their "destiny" and it'd be great to see how their perspective is challenged the longer the series runs. At least they both had some "wake-up" calls regarding the limits and consequences of their powers thus far. I doubt them going dark side will happen in the next ep though - expect more emo angst and blundering self-sacrifice from these two heroes....

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
                              I'm actually hoping for that too. Peter and Hiro started out so naive and optimistic about their "destiny" and it'd be great to see how their perspective is challenged the longer the series runs. At least they both had some "wake-up" calls regarding the limits and consequences of their powers thus far. I doubt them going dark side will happen in the next ep though - expect more emo angst and blundering self-sacrifice from these two heroes....
                              Hiro's power doesn't always work. We saw that at the end of Six Months Ago where he ended up in Tokyo and couldn't stop time or teleport.... he said "I took the bus".... either he ran out of power or it doesn't always work when he wants it too. Self-sacrifice is limited for him as he could die if his power doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                              X