This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about "The Return Pt.2" 03x11 Spoilers

McKay managed to make a giant anti replicator weapon by rigging Atlantis' sheild generators with parts from Carter's Anti Replicator Gun. To do that he swapped the blue crystal from the ARG with an orange sheild generator control crystal.

So...why is it that super smart replicators who are able to build ZPMs, Atlantis Class city ships and contain all of the knowledge of the Ancients not notice the forign blue control crystal tied into the sheild geneator? The Replicators are able to rebuild Stargate Operations but not realize the sheild generator has been tampered witih???
    ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

yeah, McKay really did outsmart them good eh'....

My questions are. Why did the Asurans even want Atlantis ? they killed all the Lanteans. shouldn't that be enough.
    Oh, they wanted atlantis.
    why do they want atlantis when the obviously have the ability to easily build their own.. they fixed the control room in just hours.

Comment

they most likely over looked it as they where in a hurry to get the city off the ground and to finish repairing it.
      War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

But they're robots...they have photographic memory
        ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

I just rewatched the part of the episode where McKay is showing them what to do, and if you look closely, he doesnt remove any of the shield crystals, he merely inserts the blue crystal into a slot between two of the orange / red rones. You should also note that the blue crystal is smaller and less noticable than the red ones.

I know it doesnt explain how NONE of them noticed, but its a starting point.
          Perhaps they figured that we used those crystals to fix / repair atlantis as they know we arent Lantians, and it was a primitive solution to a shield generator problem?

I know Im grasping at straws here, but thats the best I can come up with.

Comment

The asurans take a lot from their creators, including their arogance.

They removed the c4 and got back to preparing the ship for space travel. thats my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
              yeah, McKay really did outsmart them good eh'....

My questions are. Why did the Asurans even want Atlantis ? they killed all the Lanteans. shouldn't that be enough.
              why do they want atlantis when the obviously have the ability to easily build their own.. they fixed the control room in just hours.
              It was Symbolic maybe? They want to live in the city of their former creators.
              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                It was Symbolic maybe? They want to live in the city of their former creators.

They wanted the city for 1)retribution and 2)to learn from the data base
                sigpic
                Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
                  Maybe because we just blew up their cityship.

Granted they could build another one, but it would still take time and a massive amount of resources.

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post
                    McKay managed to make a giant anti replicator weapon by rigging Atlantis' sheild generators with parts from Carter's Anti Replicator Gun. To do that he swapped the blue crystal from the ARG with an orange sheild generator control crystal.

So...why is it that super smart replicators who are able to build ZPMs, Atlantis Class city ships and contain all of the knowledge of the Ancients not notice the forign blue control crystal tied into the sheild geneator? The Replicators are able to rebuild Stargate Operations but not realize the sheild generator has been tampered witih???
                    Ask the writers, they think we're even dumber than the dumbed down "super advanced" aliens.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I think the Ancients showed that just because you're advanced technologically, it doesn't mean you're brilliantly intellegent.

Comment

If you had 10 computers with each a block of C4 on your videocard, would you notice a third tv-card?

Probably not, you simply assume they came with 3 tv cards each!

Comment

Sorry if this is a dumb question, or has been asked before, but I was a little confused about how the Asurans repaired the control room.

How exactly did they dismantle their ship for the parts to fix Atlantis? Are their ships also made out of the little replicator-y bits that Niam, etc. become when they're killed?

If so, why didn't the repaired control room fall apart when the shield generators were turned on?

Or maybe they explained it and I missed it.

Comment

it was unexplained. dont try to over-analyse

Comment

Either they have very advanced repair tech, or they can make stuff from other stuff like Reece.

Comment

Working...
                              X