This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sg8

For those people attending SG8 at the beginning of November, there are messages over on the Wolf boards that Peter Wingfield (Tanith) will be attending this convention. Whilst I haven't seen this for myself, apparently there is a link from his website to the SG8 page saying he will be attending.

E

Chunky or regular? Or if your from the USA, big or regular?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

If it is chunky, then the official abbreviation on GateWorld is CKK :-)

I hadn't heard this - hope it is true!
      sigpic

Comment

Bad news....This is from the wolf website:

Chris Judge has cancelled his appearance at SG-8 to take a larger fee from another event. There is nothing more we can say that will make this sound right. Chris has made his choice.

I saw him at Gatecon. But Chris is always fun, and I was looking forward to seeing him again. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          Bad news....This is from the wolf website:
          Chris Judge has cancelled his appearance at SG-8 to take a larger fee from another event. There is nothing more we can say that will make this sound right. Chris has made his choice.
          Not only that, but Michael Shanks appears to have canceled, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
            Not only that, but Michael Shanks appears to have canceled, too.
            I'm hoping that is a tech error. Lets wait and see.

Comment

So far all I know is that Michael is rethinking his committment in light of the birth of his daughter, given that he also has filming dates for the new DVD - when it was announced that Lexa was pregnant I knew it would be a possibility he'd pull out. You never have a clue as to what each baby is going to be like.

Chris Judge is now, apparantly, attending the London Comic and Film convention which is held on the same weekend. I was planning on doing a quick trip over there one afternoon as David Hewlett is going to be signing there, but still I'm disappointed that Chris won't be at the Wolf Con. However, he wasn't under contract to Wolf, and it is up to him at the end of the day.

Until we know all the facts, I think we should just hold off from speculations.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                So far all I know is that Michael is rethinking his committment in light of the birth of his daughter, given that he also has filming dates for the new DVD - when it was announced that Lexa was pregnant I knew it would be a possibility he'd pull out. You never have a clue as to what each baby is going to be like.

Chris Judge is now, apparantly, attending the London Comic and Film convention which is held on the same weekend. I was planning on doing a quick trip over there one afternoon as David Hewlett is going to be signing there, but still I'm disappointed that Chris won't be at the Wolf Con. However, he wasn't under contract to Wolf, and it is up to him at the end of the day.

Until we know all the facts, I think we should just hold off from speculations.
                Thanks for the info :-)

Comment

I'm up set about this whole thing with chris and so are alot of people
                  XxXLoveZoeXxX

Comment

Bugger - but the con should still be a blast!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

And they have just announced Paul McGillion as a guest, who is not only Carson Beckett in Atlantis but young Earnest from Torment of Tantalus.
                      jan t
                      jan t

Comment

Originally posted by SG1rules
                        I'm up set about this whole thing with chris and so are alot of people
                        i agree. But i think Gipsy is right. It was his choice at the end of the day. And anyway i'll be there :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                          but the con should still be a blast!
                          Why?

Because after paying for the
                          1) flight
                          2) hotel
                          3) SG8 ticket

I can now also pay for
                          4) transportation to Wembley
                          5) another con ticket

just so I can see the guests I came over to see in the first place?

Granted, meeting you guys again will be great but I could have just flown over any weekend and spent some time with my friends in London instead.

Comment

(((Feli)))

Nothing to say really. Except that I looked on the LCC website and didn't see anything about Chris being there yet. So who knows, maybe this could all be resolved? Here's hoping anyway.

I am pleased that Carson Beckett is going though. He is my next fave character on Atlantis from Mackay.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm just jealous as all get out that you brits get conventions within 500 odd miles of where you live. they never come here, and likely never will.

closest one is several hundred miles and 3 states away and is dreadfully expensive.

there are times when i wonder about emigrating to the UK part of the year to
                              a) get new episodes faster
                              b) get conventions in my own back yard
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X