Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Connors (spoilers for first four episodes of Season Three)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Connors (spoilers for first four episodes of Season Three)

I was curious to see what your thoughts were on what we might end up doing with them. Now that David and his family are on Horizon, will they go back to Earth? Will they be staying? Would David really go back to being away from his family after all that's happened? But if he goes, how could he still be a regular?

This is something we were talking about for a long time, and I shall elaborate on the podcast, of course. But I'd be interested to see what you think. Or perhaps what you'd like to see.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I would actually like to see them all stay. Provided for we find somebody for Julia. But I think the whole family staying on the station would give it a homely touch. David would remain on the team, and be happy with his relationship. And Julia would continue to see the stars.

Comment

I can see some Julia/Zack stuff.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        I can see some Julia/Zack stuff.
        Clarify by what you mean by Zack/ Julia stuff.

Comment

Some scenes between them. Ala he becomes her friend, you smutty minded person
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Some scenes between them. Ala he becomes her friend, you smutty minded person
            Honestly I try not to be. Oh, well.

Comment

I got the feeling that Keiko Aylesworth is Julia Conners. Is it right? The cast of 24 is seriously great.
              sigpic
              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Yeah, but we do already have a whole lot of 24 actors on the cast, and to make a character played by Carlos Bernard be married to a character played by Reiko Aylesworth would come off as copying 24.

Although, she's a great actress. I believe Genesis has her on their main cast.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

We now have another episode to post on. I liked the entire bit, and I do think that you worked it out in the best possible case. David is now commuting back and forth. Julia can still see him, and evrything is just dandy.
                  Just one question though. I would like to here everyones opinions on what position David will take up on Horizon, will he rejoin Horizon-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                    I got the feeling that Keiko Aylesworth is Julia Conners. Is it right? The cast of 24 is seriously great.
                    Like Mike said, having Reiko Aylesworth playing the wife of a character played by Carlos Bernard would really come across as copying 24. However, she is indeed a great actress, and I'd actually love to find another part for her on the show at some point. It's all just virtual casting, but some of you may already know I enjoy it as much as actual casting. I just love writing characters for great actors.

Here's an interesting little piece of info about the show's creation process. Reiko Aylesworth was pretty close actually to be "cast" as Sivea. In the end it was either her or Ashley Scott; earlier I was considering Vanessa Angel, but I decided I wouldn't want to have anyone on the main cast who'd played another well known role on Stargate before, to avoid confusion. Funny actually, considering the famous Ben Browder story.

But anyway, I thought her or Ashley would have both fit the character, each in their own ways. I think I also didn't want to have yet another 24 cast member on the virtual main cast (even though we did add Dennis Haysbert a year later). So in the end Ashley became Sivea (it's a shame that it's only a virtual cast, because in my mind she just is Sivea), and I always wanted to find another character for Reiko. Still looking, but I have a feeling eventually something will come up.

Again, it's just virtual casting. But I tend to take it seriously. Partly because the characters are written for these specific actors (screenwriting has a lot to do with being able to pick up on how someone talks, and make that part of the character they're playing), but it's also just practice for when I do it in the actual industry. It's just great fun to work with great actors, even though for now it's just virtual, of course.

Comment

So who is going to be the actress? Are you going to have some special unvailing? Who have you in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        So who is going to be the actress? Are you going to have some special unvailing? Who have you in mind?
                        I guess we could post that in the cast thread. It will happen a little later today.

Comment

About time, the suspense is killing me here.

Comment

Working...
                          X