This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaming Tech On PuddleJumpers

This Tread contains spoilers. I just watched the return pt II. Its nothing major, I think you can read this tread without ruining too much of it for you.

Spoiler:
    Within the first 5 minutes of the Return Pt II, Sheppard tells McKay to 'drop the package.' The Jumper shields are active as soon as they come though the gate as they are shooting at it as soon as the come though the gate and you can see the shields active.
    How did the package get delivered????????????
    Was it beamed out, dropped out a hole in the floor or did the accents have another method simpler to Atlantis transporters systems???????
    Remember the shields were on and as far as I know, the shields were not dropped and you could hear firing on the Jumper until the package is delivered?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

The device was strapped to the bottom of the Puddle Jumper. Although I don't believe we were able to see it hooked to jumper, Shepperd did give the order to "drop the package". Since there would be no other way to do it, it had to be locked underneath. Shields typically block movement from 1 direction, so there should have been no reason why it shouldn't have been able to fall through.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      The device was strapped to the bottom of the Puddle Jumper. Although I don't believe we were able to see it hooked to jumper, Shepperd did give the order to "drop the package". Since there would be no other way to do it, it had to be locked underneath. Shields typically block movement from 1 direction, so there should have been no reason why it shouldn't have been able to fall through.
      but how it did get past the shields?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

As I said, shields tend to block things from 1 direction. Things can pass outward but not inward (like weapon fire, missles or even drones can pass through the shield going out but would be blocked coming in) so all they had to do was drop it from underneath and it would have just passed through and landed on the ground.

sigpic

Comment

I think they pulled the same trick as the naquidah generator in the episode where they blew one up above the city. Shep flew up there and kind of opened a little cargo bay or something
          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
          Check out my Flickr

Comment

Yep. You can see the screencap of the "delivery" in Hot Zone here:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1.../bscap427.html
            http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1.../bscap428.html

You can see the generator fly off of the bottom of the jumper when Shep released it.

Comment

There's a small part on the bottom of the jumper that opens, allowing things like a naquadah generator or a bomb to be dropped.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

It was attached magneticly to the bottom of the PJ. when shepard gave the order the ElectroMagnet as switched off.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Working...
                X